• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

He was jobbies. 

Scored a very important goal tho. 

He did in deed but .......................... total jobbies none the less

If the deal is not right financially for Simms, then we use the cash available somewhere else.

Simms will always be fondly remembered here as a genuinely good lad who gave us his best efforts. All we could ask. Fantastic goal against the hobos a great memory.

If it's not to be with us, hope he has a hugely successful career in England.

12 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Anyway, Wages aren't a problem. 

We were paying Clare about £40k a week, which was just behind our top earner - the window cleaner. 

The groundsman didn't even get out of bed for that 😎

Agentjambo
14 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Robbie has confirmed Simms is very unlikely to return. A number of English championship teams interested who can offer a larger contribution to his wages. 

When did he say that?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, gregzy2k7 said:

The groundsman didn't even get out of bed for that 😎

That's  not pro rata. 

The windea cleaner only works about 6 hours a month. 

When we try and sign new players they want to match his rate, but ends up about £15m a year. 

This is the stumbling block with Beni, he wants to match our highest earner - the windae cleaner. 

Even PSG would think twice. 

We spunked a million on relaying the Tynecastle pitch before we were swimming in cash. If the club thinks it’s a sound investment we’ll pay over a million for a player. 

AlphonseCapone
38 minutes ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Savage said at the FOH night that Simms' wages meant no chance of him signing permanently even if we would pay £1m plus- and that loan would be only option.

Just can't see it

Pretty much ends the Simms debate then but also does make me think there's a decent chance we break out record fee this summer or next. 

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

Pretty much ends the Simms debate then but also does make me think there's a decent chance we break out record fee this summer or next. 

I think that was before the Hickey move speculation started to gather pace

9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

When did he say that?

Robbie said it on latest Scarves Around the Funnel podcast.

LarrysRightFoot

How long has Simms got left on his Everton deal? If it’s say 2 years a deal could structured along the lines of -

We pay £500k loan fee for the coming season but Everton pay 50% of his wages.
We then pay £500k at the end of the season and give Everton a buy back option and/or sell on %

We pay him 50% of what he makes just now but he gets a a hefty signing on fee. 

At the end of the day we will never know exactly any deal (for any player) will be structured 

Bazzas right boot

All this Simms chat - maybe he'd rather stay in England and has little or no interest in moving  to Scotland permanently. 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

All this Simms chat - maybe he'd rather stay in England and has little or no interest in moving  to Scotland permanently. 

Of course but that is just as much of a may be as his may be wanting to come back to a club where he was successful and appreciated by the supporters as they embark on a European adventure

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

probably

I'd be delighted to see Simms back but I don't think he's worth more than £600-700k.

44 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

If we have £1,000,000, we should buy the land we are going to need for the new training ground. Land prices are going through the roof and they're not making any more of it.

Can always get changed in their cars 🚗 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

None of us have a feckin dinky do, do we 

Probably quite correct with that observation. I was speaking to a journalist I know the other day and he commented on the fact that there are absolutely no whispers coming to him these days about possibly signings by us.  A complete turnaround since Savage was appointed. That’s the way it should be.

PapaShango

Can't see us spending anything close to a £1m on a player. Simms will have some great options down south and I think we will struggle to get him back. It's up to Everton where they send him to try and improve him and assess if he will make the grade there. We also need to try and get players in for our euro campaign and the league kicking off so doubt we will hang around waiting for him if there are other targets out there. 

OmiyaHearts

£1.6m 😂 aye nae bother. What a weird last few pages that people are even considering thats realistic. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I would love to keep Simms but if we are paying over a million on a player then maybe we should take another look at Japan or Eastern Europe again where we could get real quality but on lesser wages. 

kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, andrew said:

I'd be delighted to see Simms back but I don't think he's worth more than £600-700k.

sound like my sister in law who won’t buy a house because she “thinks” they are too expensive 😂. Sadly our  thoughts and what we think doesn’t control the market. A 21 year old English striker who is capable and likely to scoremore than 20 goals is worth far more than that and it’s just a fact a life.  Aberdeen sold Scott McKenna for £4million.  An absolute huddy of a player

At some point in his career, Ellis simms will sell for big numbers .. well Above £1.6 m

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Mercer - £ 800 thousand for Robertson

Robinson - £ 500 thousand for Niemi and similar for Petric - I think

Romanov - £ 850 thousand for Beslija and £ 500 thousand for a few players including Aguiar and Goncalves I think

Us - ?

Our finances were a mess under Romanov and we paid not that far south of a million on Beslija

We paid more than any time in history under Romanov and still didn't hit the £1m mark.  I would be amazed (in a good way) if we went baws deep £1m plus for Simms even though he's worth treble. 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

We paid more than any time in history under Romanov and still didn't hit the £1m mark.  I would be amazed (in a good way) if we went baws deep £1m plus for Simms even though he's worth treble. 

In todays money the Beslija Robertson Petric and Niemi fees would probably be over a million when adjusted for inflation …………. Any way I do not exactly disagree with what you are saying and I think it is unlikely my self but if we paid the fee over two seasons we would basically be paying £ 600 - £ 800 for a top striker two seasons in a row

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

We signed Beslija for 1m Euros. That's not far from £1m. I think it was about £850k. 

We were also a complete mess in terms of financial management. 

I'm not convinced that we will be spending £1m on a transfer fee but it's definitely not beyond the realms of possibility that we might be able to eventually. 

What do you think Rudi cost 2.3 million 

john thomas
17 minutes ago, brux said:

Simms ain't coming back, move on.

Inclined to agree . Sure we would all like him back but if it's a definite no then makes it easier for the club knowing they have to get someone else .

Also save page after eye bleeding page on the subject on here

RustyRightPeg
21 minutes ago, brux said:

Simms ain't coming back, move on.

party pooper

18 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

£1.6m 😂 aye nae bother. What a weird last few pages that people are even considering thats realistic. 

A lot of folk have a lot of time on their hands trying to explain why its feasible we will spunk millions on a fee and wages 😬

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

A lot of folk have a lot of time on their hands trying to explain why its feasible we will spunk millions on a fee and wages 😬

The fee it’s self is fairly logical and easy to explain, if you factor in the likelihood of a decent chunk of Hickey money coming in, then the European money and also the money from Hampden trips it isn’t out the question.

Breaking the wage structure is the issue and why it’s probably 90/10 not gonna happen. 

cosanostra
11 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

What do you think Rudi cost 2.3 million 

I've no idea what that means - sorry.

Jambo in Bathgate
8 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Sensible post! We are not going to sign players for millions. The dark days will never return. There are players out there with potential we can afford along with loans . 

48 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

None of us have a feckin dinky do, do we 

Well most of us realist know that there is very little chance of seeing Simms playing for Hearts again . The rest are somewhere between having a little bit of fun speculating and utterly deluded  

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Yip, we'd need to bid at least £3m for him. 

We'll need to up our initial offer. 😎

Where did this £1.6M magical number come from? 

Made up was it?

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Sensible post! We are not going to sign players for millions. The dark days will never return. There are players out there with potential we can afford along with loans . 

Why would signing a player for millions equate to a dark day..... And when did they days first appear for them to return! 

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, droid said:

We spunked a million on relaying the Tynecastle pitch before we were swimming in cash. If the club thinks it’s a sound investment we’ll pay over a million for a player. 

'Spunked' suggests that money was wasted.  I hardly think so given the perfect state of the pitch at the end of the season passed.  I think that this money was an investment well made.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Of course but that is just as much of a may be as his may be wanting to come back to a club where he was successful and appreciated by the supporters as they embark on a European adventure

Aye. 

Or he could join another club closer to home, get paid more and then be appreciated by their supporters. 

The guy ( hopefully I'm wrong) probably has little or no affiliation or interest in returning to Hearts or Scotland. 

If he's told by Everton to go, then I'm sure he'll be back along again. 

Not convinced he's personally interested myself tho. 

It's a nice thought, but rather wishful thinking imo. 

I

Pasquale for King

I think we will need to trust the recruitment department to find another gem from down south on loan, who ultimately we won’t be able to afford to sign if they’re successful. 
It’s how the game works just now..

A young English player is pretty much the worst value for money you'll get in the entire footballing world.  Love to see Simms back, but if we were genuinely prepared to spend £1.6m this window (which I really don't think we are), I think we could get in 2/3 players of similar/better quality from around the world for the same overall spend.

Tommy Walker
25 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Where did this £1.6M magical number come from? 

Made up was it?

spy shhh gesture man silence secret | Pre-Designed Vector Graphics ...

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

sound like my sister in law who won’t buy a house because she “thinks” they are too expensive 😂. Sadly our  thoughts and what we think doesn’t control the market. A 21 year old English striker who is capable and likely to scoremore than 20 goals is worth far more than that and it’s just a fact a life.  Aberdeen sold Scott McKenna for £4million.  An absolute huddy of a player

At some point in his career, Ellis simms will sell for big numbers .. well Above £1.6 m

I'm sure he will be worth more than that at some point, it doesn't mean that it's value for money though.

My point was that we could find better overseas if we were looking to spend £700k+ on a new striker.

StirlingJambo

Spending 1 million and then selling him on in a couple years for a good bit more is the only way we’ll get closer to the old firm. We know he’s a player. Doubt the funds are there this season for that kind of signing but would be some statement.

Wonder how many times it can be posted that Savage has already said at the FOH event that Simms wages are on another planet to what Hearts could afford.

It doesn’t matter whether Everton will accept £1.6m, £1m with add ons or a swap deal with Ross Stewart. We can’t afford anywhere near his wages. He won’t be a perm signing for us. 

His agent clearly got him a great deal at Everton and fair play to him, if a perm move is on the cards, there are Championship teams who pay stupid money for strikers. Mitrovic was on £60k per week at Fulham and wasn’t the top paid player in the division!!

Edited by Leisham38

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

If we have £1,000,000, we should buy the land we are going to need for the new training ground. Land prices are going through the roof and they're not making any more of it.

There's already a long term plan in place for this, and has been for a while. We've got plenty people involved in running the club who have bought and sold their fair share of property and land, so I'm 100% confident that they know what they're doing and will pull the trigger when the time is right.

Fxxx the SPFL
21 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Robbie did say on srtf podcast that we are trying for simms but it is very unlikely to happen

double bluff from Robbie

Clerry Jambo
Dundee United insist they're due compensation for Neilson. Hearts believe he's available for free. This one might rumble on. Clubs must lodge a new contract offer in writing 14 days before a player's current deal expires in order to protect the training compo.

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Wonder how many times it can be posted that Savage has already said at the FOH event that Simms wages are on another planet to what Hearts could afford.

It doesn’t matter whether Everton will accept £1.6m, £1m with add ons or a swap deal with Ross Stewart. We can’t afford anywhere near his wages. He won’t be a perm signing for us. 

His agent clearly got him a great deal at Everton and fair play to him, if a perm move is on the cards, there are Championship teams who pay stupid money for strikers. Mitrovic was on £60k per week at Fulham and wasn’t the top paid player in the division!!

Problem for Simms is that his current wages are based on his potential to become a first team player at Everton. Let's be honest, he really is not at that level and certainly nothing like Mitrovic.

Some of the Championship wages are skewed by former EPL clubs being relegated so the likes of Joe Allen are on huge money.

He is a decent Scottish Premiership player and would be effective in the Championship so should be paid on that basis.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***