*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

57 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

What are the chances of Simms being loaned out again and us getting him? Fairly high I would think.  The issue is we won't know until last minute as teams normally wait until near deadline day to loan players out.

that might be subject to if everton get relegated as he might get more of a look in if they are in the championship

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, tazhearts said:

What are the chances of Simms being loaned out again and us getting him? Fairly high I would think.  The issue is we won't know until last minute as teams normally wait until near deadline day to loan players out.

We should really be looking to sign a premanent striker as our priority and look to bringing in a loan if we can't fidn the right type of player.

We need a huge squad next season. We're in 4 competitions, then the world cup starts winter 2022. Come the restart of the league post WC, we'll be playing a game every 2-3 days for 3months. 

Plus we have to gradually improve season on season. It's a big job for JS this coming summer. Needs to replace Soapy too. Hopefully the prize money this season and European Football will allow us to increase the depth and quality of the squad.

LarrysRightFoot

Apologies if already mentioned but I saw an article saying Man City are looking at one of our youngsters - Angus Stevenson? 

Anyone know anything about him? FF? JiG?

5 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Apologies if already mentioned but I saw an article saying Man City are looking at one of our youngsters - Angus Stevenson? 

jamboinglasgow
15 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Aiming a lot higher than that Thankfully. Could be even have a Brazilian playing up front for us next season. But will depend if we get to European group stages.

Love a Brazilian player, we do seem to have a good record with them, Camazzola was good in his brief time and Rossi was a rock at the back. Though remember seeing at the end of the January window, someone posted we tried to sign a South American but it fell through due to agent fees. 

Could be a fascinating summer for who we sign, especially if we get the European group stages. After the recruitment this season, it bodes well.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Love a Brazilian player, we do seem to have a good record with them, Camazzola was good in his brief time and Rossi was a rock at the back. Though remember seeing at the end of the January window, someone posted we tried to sign a South American but it fell through due to agent fees. 

Could be a fascinating summer for who we sign, especially if we get the European group stages. After the recruitment this season, it bodes well.

Camazolla was average if not shite. 

Agree with the rest 

Jambo 4 Ever
10 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Wonder if we'll try to sign the little Japanese lad again.

How’s he been playing this season?

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Not a lot seems to be the answer.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryotaro-meshino/profil/spieler/426666

His contract is up in June this year so I would think he will be a free agent in the summer.

Think the original poster was meaning the player we tried to sign in January, Ogashiwa. 

I think the ship has sailed with that one.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Think the original poster was meaning the player we tried to sign in January, Ogashiwa. 

👍

Batistuta87
33 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Pretty sure Ogashiwa signed a new 2yr deal after we dropped our interest so aye that ship has sailed. The other one (Ueda) was the really interesting one IMO. His contract is up in Jan so we could approach him again in the summer if we're still interested. 

Interesting to see who this Brazilian is - assuming its from an EPL team then there's only really Kayky at Man City who has been called "the next Neymar". Tricky wee right-winger who has played for the first team in a cup game. If I remember rightly they paid something like £10M to sign him from Fluminese though so sounds like a bit of an odd one to be sending up here but would make a little more sense if we're playing a good number of European matches next season.

There's also Joao Pedro at Watford but considering he's been getting a game there so that sounds highly unlikely. 

Edited by Batistuta87

8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Pretty sure Ogashiwa signed a new 2yr deal after we dropped our interest so aye that ship has sailed. The other one (Ueda) was the really interesting one IMO. His contract is up in Jan so we could approach him again in the summer if we're still interested. 

Interesting to see who this Brazilian is - if its from Man City then I think the only Brazilian they have outside the first team is Kayky who has been called "the next Neymar". Pretty sure they paid a few million for him - 10 possibly - if I remember rightly.

Is his nickname Red Velvet?

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Nah but he's got a brother called Bready.

It's his sister Tarty I'm interested in

jamboinglasgow
18 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Interesting to see who this Brazilian is - assuming its from an EPL team then there's only really Kayky at Man City who has been called "the next Neymar". Tricky wee right-winger who has played for the first team in a cup game. If I remember rightly they paid something like £10M to sign him from Fluminese though so sounds like a bit of an odd one to be sending up here but would make a little more sense if we're playing a good number of European matches next season.

There's also Joao Pedro at Watford but considering he's been getting a game there so that sounds highly unlikely. 

To be honest, I think if we are signing a Brazilian, I dont think it would a Premier League based one. With the changes to the work permit rules, we are better getting them from source. You could get better value for money. 

43 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He did sign a new deal.  He is contracted until 2024. I am not so sure we dropped our interest so much as they wanted to keep him and were being difficult to negotiate with and persuaded him to stay with them which is why we dropped our interest as I understood it at the time.

19 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Jig has not seen a Hearts youth team this season I would suspect. FF goes to them regularly, I not so much this season, though have saw 18s a few times.

johnking123
8 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

@johnking123were you being the tongue and cheek re a Brazilian or are we scouting one?

Looking at one. But will have offers from other clubs for definite. Think Hull was one. Think Europen group stage will help in our quest and a regular game of football. 

35 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To be honest, I think if we are signing a Brazilian, I dont think it would a Premier League based one. With the changes to the work permit rules, we are better getting them from source. You could get better value for money. 

Hearts scouting department:  So Ann, Andrew, we've used stats and analysis and computers and everything and decided - via the gift of science - that we need Brazillians.  Only thing is we really need to see them in person now, really scout the shit oot of them, in their natural habitat, like.  Aye, a month should do it...

5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Looking at one. But will have offers from other clubs for definite. Think Hull was one. Think Europen group stage will help in our quest and a regular game of football. 

Danilo Silva?

7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Danilo Silva?

If you mean the 35 year old at Dynamo Kyiv it would seem unlikely given his age

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If you mean the 35 year old at Dynamo Kyiv it would seem unlikely given his age

Think he means young Ajax striker. Out of contract in the summer.

Just now, Barack said:

And the war.

I had actually thought that the war might make a target more likely in all honesty but I would be very surprised to see us sign a 35 year old out field player you never know though

Just now, Berra than you said:

Think he means young Ajax striker. Out of contract in the summer.

Thanks I will have a wee look

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hearts profiteering on misery...hope not.

I think we already left his Bosnian granny destitute back in 2005 so it matters very little

Batistuta87
22 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Danilo Silva?

He came up on here in January - cant remember if it was me plucking out possible (ambitious) pre-contracts or if it was an actual rumour. He was linked with Hull in the press then, which would tie in with @johnking123's last comment. 

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Hopefully we have some young bloods we can promote from the academy.......!

Really hope Smith and Pollock hang around.  Both could have added what perhaps Woodburn and Halliday (as a CM) have this season.  Not blaming the club for not having them this season with no reserve or u23s (plus Pollock injury), but next season hopefully see these guys and maye Logan hang around.

If we do get reserves back, be interesting to see what we do with some of the kids actually.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Really hope Smith and Pollock hang around.  Both could have added what perhaps Woodburn and Halliday (as a CM) have this season.  Not blaming the club for not having them this season with no reserve or u23s (plus Pollock injury), but next season hopefully see these guys and maye Logan hang around.

If we do get reserves back, be interesting to see what we do with some of the kids actually.

I'd add McGill to that list.

Batistuta87
27 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Apparently Pollock is absolutely rapid and is our fastest player? Can't remember who said it but pretty sure it was in an EEN / Scotsman interview. 

28 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Apparently Pollock is absolutely rapid and is our fastest player? Can't remember who said it but pretty sure it was in an EEN / Scotsman interview. 

That's interesting.  We've some pretty decent athletes these days (couple of years back I'd have backed myself to win a race with the squad!), so must be very quick indeed.  Def looked very well developed physically for his age when he played.

That's quite something to have in your arsenal if a team uses it properly.  Our issue at times has been not using pace well.  We're a very good counter attacking team and having Pollock with pace and power bursting through the middle can only be good.  Let's hope we see more of the kid.

Batistuta87
41 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

That's interesting.  We've some pretty decent athletes these days (couple of years back I'd have backed myself to win a race with the squad!), so must be very quick indeed.  Def looked very well developed physically for his age when he played.

That's quite something to have in your arsenal if a team uses it properly.  Our issue at times has been not using pace well.  We're a very good counter attacking team and having Pollock with pace and power bursting through the middle can only be good.  Let's hope we see more of the kid.

Haha aye same here; definitely could have beaten Aaron Hughes in a foot race!! He ran like he was towing a caravan, although in fairness he played on until he was about 63yo. I just remember that 5-0 game against Livi whenever I think of him. Total carthorse. 

Same about Pollock though, I thought he was still built like a wee laddie but I was sitting in the front row away to St Johnstone so subs were warming up right in front of us and he definitely looked like he'd been hitting the gym.

Finlay Pollock's immediate Hearts future laid out as Robbie Neilson hails  teen's competitive debut - Edinburgh Live

Edited by Batistuta87

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

I think Aaron Hughes takes the title of slowest player I've ever seen haha. He ran like he was towing a caravan, although in fairness he played on until he was about 63yo. I just remember that 5-0 game against Livi whenever I think of him. Total carthorse. 

Same about Pollock though, I thought he was still built like a wee laddie but I was sitting in the front row away to St Johnstone so subs were warming up right in front of us and he definitely looked like he'd been hitting the gym.

Finlay Pollock's immediate Hearts future laid out as Robbie Neilson hails  teen's competitive debut - Edinburgh Live

Still a massive thing when you compare our youths to even the ones down south.  Huge physical diifference.  And is that training and diet?  Genetics(hi there Strachan)?  Or simply that it's the lads who have the ability + the physique who make it at elite level whereas if you're Scottish you need one or the other?!?!?!

Def think we can do more to have our boys more athletic in Scotland, and think Hearts can and will be at forefront of that.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

I know that Frankie McEvoy said at the last Shareholders Dinner that McEneff and Pollock were the fitest players at the club.

Batistuta87
30 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I know that Frankie McEvoy said at the last Shareholders Dinner that McEneff and Pollock were the fitest players at the club.

That's what it was aye - cheers Davy 

Edited by Batistuta87

20 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Sun are saying we have an interest in Alan Forrest of livi. 

We will sign better than Forrest imo.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Is that good??  Not seen enough of him

Yeah I am in the same boat, I know he is one of Livingstone's best players but dont know enough to say if he could develop into a better player at us and would be a good signing,

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***