*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Sounds like Robbie said we have recently offered a couple of new players contracts at the end of this interview 🤔

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

32 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Sounds like Robbie said we have recently offered a couple of new players contracts at the end of this interview 🤔

Doesn’t he mean players we already have signing extensions??

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

That’s how I read it.

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I couldn’t work out if he meant that or pre contract players?! 

Batistuta87
39 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Sounds to me like McKay plus two? Haring is the only non-loan player whose contract is up so hopefully he's one of them, and maybe a pre-contract for Cochrane?? 

48 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

McKay, Haring, possibly offered contracts to Cochrane and Woodburn too? 

How can you offer contracts to players that are not ours?

49 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

McKay, Haring, possibly offered contracts to Cochrane and Woodburn too? 

Cochrane started well and was really safe defensively whilst not offering too much offensively. However since Christmas his form has really tailed off and I personally think we can do better.

Woodburn has shown very little and offering him a contract would be a massive punt.

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Pre-contracts.

Clubs have been doing it for years. Rangers did it with us for Souttar.

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

because both are out of contract at brighton and liverpool in the summer

Just now, milky_26 said:

because both are out of contract at brighton and liverpool in the summer

Never knew they were ooc I thought Cochrane in particular was looking to return to Brighton.

22 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Never knew they were ooc I thought Cochrane in particular was looking to return to Brighton.

He said earlier this season that a return to Brighton was his aim. He could have just being respectful to Brighton but I’d imagine his chance of a contract there are fairly low. 

Rick Sanchez

I would imagine Haring and Cochrane (for versatility). I like McEneff but I doubt it. And as for Woodburn...unless they see something in training...absolutely not.

And definitely not Walker.

Need to get big Pete signed up. Wasn't first pick start of the season but has turned out to be one of our most consistent players. Solid and reliable. 

McKay defo needs a couple of years extension. 

john thomas
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Sounded like that

Just now, GinRummy said:

Why do you say that?

He's (correctly) behind Halliday as a wingback. Can't see how he improves us by staying. Left back/ wingback is an area we should be looking to improve and that seems to be the ethos Neilson and Savage are working by. 

Just now, bistokid said:

He's (correctly) behind Halliday as a wingback. Can't see how he improves us by staying. Left back/ wingback is an area we should be looking to improve and that seems to be the ethos Neilson and Savage are working by. 

*Assuming we still rotate in 343. Otherwise Kingsley is obviously a great left back and we'd want someone young, cheap to learn from him. Cochrane hasn't shown enough and coming directly from a prem team I doubt is that cheap.

1 minute ago, bistokid said:

At the moment he’s behind Halliday and Andy has played well recently. I think there is improvement in Cochrane though. Worth keeping in mind he had played 8 adult competitive games before signing for us. Guess it depends if the coaching staff think they can improve him or not. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

At the moment he’s behind Halliday and Andy has played well recently. I think there is improvement in Cochrane though. Worth keeping in mind he had played 8 adult competitive games before signing for us. Guess it depends if the coaching staff think they can improve him or not. 

True. I just don't see anything with him. Slow, doesn't do anything particularly well.

8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Cochrane too expensive. 

Walker no thanks 😒 

Not that I am suggesting we should sign him but as of the end of the season Cochranes wages will be zero unless Brighton offer him a contract extension I think so I would not say he was too expensive

I agree about Walker

Just now, bistokid said:

True. I just don't see anything with him. Slow, doesn't do anything particularly well.

I think he’s defended well and looks good getting forward (until he crosses the ball, which is a definite weak point). He just doesn’t do it consistently. I reckon he’s worth taking a chance on. As you said above, coming from an English Premiership team, the wages could be a problem but I guess it doesn’t matter what wage he was on, more what wage he could get after his current contract ends. 

Got to agree with others. We can do better than Cochrane. We need a more rounded player. A persistent theme in Robbies thinking even from back in 2014 has been 3 at the back, which necessitates wingbacks. Can still remember McHattie at LCB :D 

I think we need a much more attack minded left option. TBH I think we already have that in Stephen Kingsley, so I guess until we can sort out LCB, we're kinda stuck. Which isn't a bad place to be, Kingsley has been immense at LCB. Think in a back 3 someone like Stuart Findlay would help improve us in every position though. (Like Kingsley is a better LB than I think we could find, and a more out and out CB would bring more physicality and height. 

Woodburn, I'd not be keen to sign him up tbh. Bit of a ghost. 

Guest ToqueJambo

I would 100% take Cochrane. All our best teams have a "not the most talented player in the squad but gives his all and is better than many think" player - thinking Kenny Black/Brian Whittaker/Neil Berry, Robbie Neilson, Neil Pointon, Ryan McGowan.... Cochrane fits the bill for me, and he can be developed. I get the calls for a more attacking LWB but we need a defensive option too.

Clerry Jambo
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I would 100% take Cochrane. All our best teams have a "not the most talented player in the squad but gives his all and is better than many think" player - thinking Kenny Black/Brian Whittaker/Neil Berry, Robbie Neilson, Neil Pointon, Ryan McGowan.... Cochrane fits the bill for me, and he can be developed. I get the calls for a more attacking LWB but we need a defensive option too.

I agree lad was solid at the start, bagged a couple of goals and then had a dip and out the team. Don’t think Brighton would be that hard to deal with if the lad wants to stay up here

3 hours ago, Arfur said:

If anyone at the club is considering handing Woodburn a contract then they need sectioned 

I disagree I think he could come good and I would offer him a contract before Walker

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I agree, but he'd need a contract that is along with his role. 

I'd have no issue giving a contract to All of the guys on loan but Moore as back up, Cochrane can maybe develop and rotate and Woodburn could mature into a good player. 

The problem is these guys will be on big money and to be a bit part player at Hearts or a development player they will have to drop wage expectations considerably. 

I think they will all have offers closer to home as well. 

I can't see them uping sticks for a fraction of their current salary and none are worth pushing the boat out for imo. 

Simms is different, I'd go all in for him. 

The Apprentice
13 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Neither Cochrane or Woodburn will be here next season.

I really hope that’s the case. Along with Taylor Moore, shake hands at the end of the season and move on. 

The Apprentice
5 hours ago, Sooks said:

I disagree I think he could come good and I would offer him a contract before Walker

Just because you’d offer him a contract before Walker isn’t a reason why we should. Several loan spells he’s had now and he’s done very little other than live off his reputation as a youngster at Liverpool. We can and hopefully will do better than both in the summer. 

You can't get better if you give contracts to the likes of Cochrane, Moore and Woodburn who have contributed very little. Cochrane is the best of them but is rightly behind Halliday at the moment. Is that really the standard we should be going for ?

Our next players should be pushing the current first teamers.

Finlay James
13 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I’m delighted that we’re offering a new contract to Connor Smith, he has real potential and loads of energy.

17 minutes ago, Sertse said:

4 players at the back as we’re losing soapy,cochrane,Taylor Moore and need back up for smith then a couple of midfielders then 3 attacked minded players as we’re losing simms and woodburn. Could be very busy and exciting summer !! Oh and back up keeper for Craig 

17 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

That's the way I read it.

Talks ongoing with McKay, and 2 other extensions already offered...my guess is Haring and Halliday.

37 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Chuffed re Smith. From the little I've seen,  the lad has real qual.

Broken record here but the lack of reserve league is disgracefully tinpot and backwards. Hope get something sorted next season so its easier to keep the likes of Smith, Pollock and Logan around. In fact, even just to keep a slightly larger squad sharp, manage folk back from injury etc.

1 hour ago, The Apprentice said:

Just because you’d offer him a contract before Walker isn’t a reason why we should. Several loan spells he’s had now and he’s done very little other than live off his reputation as a youngster at Liverpool. We can and hopefully will do better than both in the summer. 

Of course neither our opinions will matter at all I am just giving mine on the player and I think he will come good if he is on a permanent deal wide forward players are more difficult to recruit than most other positions as the good ones are generally cached at bigger clubs with more money so you often have to take a chance on one that you think you can develop 

maroonblood
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Chuffed re Smith. From the little I've seen,  the lad has real qual.

Broken record here but the lack of reserve league is disgracefully tinpot and backwards. Hope get something sorted next season so its easier to keep the likes of Smith, Pollock and Logan around. In fact, even just to keep a slightly larger squad sharp, manage folk back from injury etc.

At the shareholders meeting on Thursday Frank McAvoy mentioned that he and Joe Savage have a meeting with the SPFL next week to discuss the need for restoring the reserve league. If nothing is done they will consider the Lowland league option. 

4 minutes ago, maroonblood said:

At the shareholders meeting on Thursday Frank McAvoy mentioned that he and Joe Savage have a meeting with the SPFL next week to discuss the need for restoring the reserve league. If nothing is done they will consider the Lowland league option. 

Great to hear.

Quite unbelievable that there's even need for advocacy here though.

Yet again we're at the forefront of pushing for the right thing

Anything else interesting from the meeting mate? Should really go sometime!

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Of course neither our opinions will matter at all I am just giving mine on the player and I think he will come good if he is on a permanent deal wide forward players are more difficult to recruit than most other positions as the good ones are generally cached at bigger clubs with more money so you often have to take a chance on one that you think you can develop 

It's a tough call for us in the stands really. I'd trust the club if he was offered having had a year to assess attitude, character etc on a daily basis.

Talents there and he's young.

11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It's a tough call for us in the stands really. I'd trust the club if he was offered having had a year to assess attitude, character etc on a daily basis.

Talents there and he's young.

Exactly just look how many attempts it takes a club at our perch in the tree to find a good player in these sort of positions

Walker

Roberts

Frear

Gino

GMS

Woodburn

McKay

It is a really difficult position to get a player of good quality who plays consistently well even if they come with a good pedigree I think Woodburn has something a bit special and I would love to see us get it out of him regularly

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***