• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

22 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Not that it really matters, but you've done Xavi a bit of a disservice there in my opinion.  Was a fantastically technical player that finished his career with 108 goals and 213 assists from 880 games, so averaging a goal contribution every 2.75 games over a 20 year career.  

Devlin not all that technical, and currently on 4 goals and 4 assists from 88 games, so managing a goal contribution every 11 games.

Very different players in my opinion.

Was going to say something similiar. 

My hope is we see some consistent distribution as Cammy matures  not to mention eradication of the lack of composure when he breaks into the box.  More like his pass for our first goal.

Edited by colinmaroon

26 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Not that it really matters, but you've done Xavi a bit of a disservice there in my opinion.  Was a fantastically technical player that finished his career with 108 goals and 213 assists from 880 games, so averaging a goal contribution every 2.75 games over a 20 year career.  

Devlin not all that technical, and currently on 4 goals and 4 assists from 88 games, so managing a goal contribution every 11 games.

Very different players in my opinion.

I'm doing him a massive disservice because he's one of the players I absolutely idolised.

I'm aware of his other attributes but I'm really just trying to focus on what I can apply to Devlin without sounding absolutely insane because I'm talking about one of the best midfielders to ever play the game. I could very VERY quickly start sounding like I need serious help.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

"Wishing a player was even better than he was" is not criticism. 

I like everything you say about Devlin and I thankfully don't count myself among his critics.

I do however think he needs to calm down and improve upon his passing.

He had a great assist on Sunday but too many times when he had the ball he would just offload it with the easiest pass to the nearest player for them to make the "better" pass instead, which was often Halkett, Smith, Haring or Rowles, all players beside or behind him.

It's not even inherently a bad thing - if he thinks another player can pick a better pass than him then it's the smart move, but it tells me he isn't as confident in that side of his game.

If he could improve that he would be even better than he already is.

For me, his missed passes were just a lack of match sharpness 

AlphonseCapone
40 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Listen, I love Cammy Devlin as much as the next jambo, but all this chat about Kante and Xavi is a bit mental. Cammy is a good lad who is lucky to be at Hearts and you can tell that he knows that fact by the level of his performances in the maroon jersey.

Proper Neil Berry type warrior from the bush we've got here

Folk obviously aren't being serious. I hope! 

Devlin is one of the first names on the team sheet for me though. Take his work rate and energy out and you notice a difference. He's always decent on the ball, not McKay or Shankland but decent. 

Surprised Zander Clark is still without a club, would be a great option to have with giving Gordon some rest between European games. 

15 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Folk obviously aren't being serious. I hope! 

Devlin is one of the first names on the team sheet for me though. Take his work rate and energy out and you notice a difference. He's always decent on the ball, not McKay or Shankland but decent. 

Correct .

Also , no disrespect to Neil Berry , but Devlin is a much better footballer 

6 minutes ago, jamb-oz said:

Surprised Zander Clark is still without a club, would be a great option to have with giving Gordon some rest between European games. 

Defo. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I didn’t say he wouldn’t go on loan. I said he doesn’t WANT to. Ultimately he’ll do what his club tells him. Why not Ronan ? Why not better than Ronan ?

You’re not going to convince me that our all singing all dancing hi tech recruitment team of 3 have scoured the global systems they have and all the contacts they have and all the incoming agent calls they’ve had and Ronan came to the top of the ‘possibles’ list

Who else out this super duper recruitment list has Robbie went on the  record that he likes this window? 

Let's just end it there Jimmy save hogging the board up were never gonna agree 

Agree to disagree 

AlphonseCapone
27 minutes ago, jamb-oz said:

Would absolutely take Clark as back up. 

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Whats the chances of a big reveal at the Hotel tonight  ?

Are they playing cards?

29 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Devlin is class. It's not even a discussion we should be having. 

Certainly not on a transfer thread.

Edited by JamboAl

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Whats the chances of a big reveal at the Hotel tonight  ?

Depends how pissed McCulloch gets…

adama traore...

Pelle Van Amersfoort

Gorkem Saglam

All being looked at ....

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, jamb-oz said:

I floated that about four weeks ago only to be told that Stoke had offered 15k (presumably a week). Which all goes to prove either that Zander Clark is a bit foolish in not accepting that sort of money or, more probably, that you shouldn’t believe everything that folk post on here.

7 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

adama traore...

Pelle Van Amersfoort

Gorkem Saglam

All being looked at ....

adama traore :rofl: Let alone the other two.

Edited by Pap

4 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

adama traore...

Pelle Van Amersfoort

Gorkem Saglam

All being looked at ....

Can look all we want, Traore is clearly not affordable. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

well, at least it generated a bit chat .... about transfers

Izzy Brown... released by Preston, 25, second striker...?   

plenty probables, a few possibles...

sure JS and RN are ready to bring in whats needed and right for the team and club

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He IS the definition of a UNIT!... must admit, it would've been fun to watch him steam-rollering porteous!

unit.jpg

Edited by Rogue Daddy

6 minutes ago, Pap said:

adama traore :rofl: Let alone the other two.

There's two. One of them is from Mali and plays (/played?) in France. 

Boyces beard
16 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

adama traore...

Pelle Van Amersfoort

Gorkem Saglam

All being looked at ....

😁 stop it,     Edit....oh there are two Adama Traore's, my bad.

Edited by Boyces beard

17 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

adama traore...

Pelle Van Amersfoort

Gorkem Saglam

All being looked at ....

Posted about Van Amersfoot last week some time. I really want him and if we're genuinely looking then that's awesome. Saglam looks decent too. Traore looked like he was going to be one of these next big thing players when he signed for Monaco but appears to have chucked it since then and I couldn't tell you where he is now.

6 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

😁 stop it,     Edit....oh there are two Adama Traore's, my bad.

Three actually... and they can all play for Mali! 😳

BackOfTheNet
40 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

adama traore...

Pelle Van Amersfoort

Gorkem Saglam

All being looked at ....

All being looked at on transfermarkt by yourself and others on JKB as we speak, or you claiming the club are looking at them?

19 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Posted about Van Amersfoot last week some time. I really want him and if we're genuinely looking then that's awesome. Saglam looks decent too. Traore looked like he was going to be one of these next big thing players when he signed for Monaco but appears to have chucked it since then and I couldn't tell you where he is now.

I mentioned Saglam a few pages back, like the look of him, plays with his head up and has a decent shot.

19 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He is in Turkey and been injured since February. His stats say a big NO. The other one has just signed for Ferencvaros. The other other one is beyond our means

57 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

adama traore...

Pelle Van Amersfoort

Gorkem Saglam

All being looked at ....

Traore has been signed by Hull City a little while back. He's not been announced yet due to sustaining an injury in his first training session with the club.

LarrysRightFoot
16 minutes ago, WoodenHertz said:

Traore has been signed by Hull City a little while back. He's not been announced yet due to sustaining an injury in his first training session with the club.

There’s 3 Adama Traore’s I think. The Wolves/Barca 1 then 2 others from Mali. 

3 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Listen, I love Cammy Devlin as much as the next jambo, but all this chat about Kante and Xavi is a bit mental. Cammy is a good lad who is lucky to be at Hearts and you can tell that he knows that fact by the level of his performances in the maroon jersey.

Proper Neil Berry type warrior from the bush we've got here

He is right footed rather than left but he reminds me a bit of Kenny Black. Not big but physical, puts in a shift, maybe slightly better technically than given credit for.

Edited by moonraker
Typo

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

There’s 3 Adama Traore’s I think. The Wolves/Barca 1 then 2 others from Mali. 

There's an Adama Traore that plays LB for Western Sydney Wanderers and the Ivory Coast- I doubt we're looking at him!

Edited by Firefox

1 hour ago, moonraker said:

He is right footed rather than left but he reminds me a bit of Kenny Black. Not big but physical, puts in a shift, maybe slightly better technically than given credit for.

Reminds me more of Ian.

image.jpeg.5d78c42c6ec74cbe7310ca7eeba5cbfd.jpeg

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, moonraker said:

Reminds me of Billy Bremner - same tenacious tackling and eagerness to get involved

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

At least that’s a song sorted out…. 16 Adam Traores there’s only 16 Adam….

😄

21 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Reminds me of Billy Bremner - same tenacious tackling and eagerness to get involved

"Who? Me?" 😁

Every time I see this picture it looks like Dave Mackay is having a go at Tony Roper. 🙃

Bremner.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

bobby bombscare
5 hours ago, jamb-oz said:

Offer Stewart to Dundee Utd and take Clark as No 2?

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***