• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Suwon won this game 4-2, Lee Seung-woo started on the bench, but as has been mentioned before this happens often as clubs gets more substitutes if they start with more younger players. He came on after 15 minutes, so well over an hour’s playing time. No goal, no idea if he was involved in any of them.

He provided an assist for their third and also hit the post with a chip over the keeper. The match highlights are available online. He was wearing no. 11.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

He provided an assist for their third and also hit the post with a chip over the keeper. The match highlights are available online. He was wearing no. 11.

Shame he didn't get a farewell goal  :whistling:

simms played well first goal was from outside the box second goal was a nice touch to get past the defender then a shot through the keepers legs 

would have been brilliant to have had him back for this season

BackOfTheNet

Everton currently playing a Levein with no recognised striker against Chelsea. Their fans might be wondering why Simms didn’t stay.

I'm not usually one to complain about off-topic chat but this thread could get quite irritating if there's a post every time Ellis Simms farts.

Edited by DC_92

5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I'm not usually one to complain about off-topic chat but this thread could get quite irritating if there's a post every time Ellis Simms farts.

This.

Simms was never our player and we couldn't afford him.  He is gone.  Time to move on.

This Korean lad looks a good possibility if we can get him in asap 

Hearts aim to push through Lee Seung-woo deal with fresh approach

Hearts officials are preparing a pre-contract offer for the Korean international forward Lee Seung-woo in a fresh attempt to secure his signature.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-aim-to-push-through-lee-seung-woo-deal-with-fresh-approach-3794695

Edited by Imaman

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This.

Simms was never our player and we couldn't afford him.  He is gone.  Time to move on.

86E6789B-668B-4097-9804-8CCFEF701D21.png

16 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Hearts officials are preparing a pre-contract offer for the Korean international forward Lee Seung-woo in a fresh attempt to secure his signature.

Doesn’t really make a lot of sense that. 
All previous articles suggest we already put a 3 year deal to the guy, which we can do as he is in his last 6 months, and which presumably he is keen on but his club are not.

So this isn’t a fresh approach at all. It exactly the same approach. We have a player who wants to come and has confirmed that (you have to assume he does anyway or it’s a complete waste of time) The only stumbling block is his club want to keep him OR we’ve not tempted them with enough money. And after we’ve cleared those hurdles we’ve got to get him a work permit. All this takes time and I just hope we have an easy stand by option because this could easily go to the wire and we’ll end up empty handed or with a pre contracted player unlikely to start for us until nearly February 2023 which is no earthly use to us right now

Edited by JimmyCant

Gorgierools
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

All previous articles suggest we already put a 3 year deal to the guy, which we can do as he is in his last 6 months, and which presumably he is keen on but his club are not.

So this isn’t a fresh approach at all. It exactly the same approach. We have a player who wants to come and has confirmed that (you have to assume he does anyway or it’s a complete waste of time) The only stumbling block is his club want to keep him OR we’ve not tempted them with enough money. And after we’ve cleared those hurdles we’ve got to get him a work permit. All this takes time and I just hope we have an easy stand by option because this could easily go to the wire and we’ll end up empty handed or with a pre contracted player unlikely to start fir us until February 2023 which is no earthly use to us right now

Maybe we just want to gazump their Boyle announcement tomorrow? He could fly in over the nuevohobocamp on a wee cloud. Ala monkey!

Edited by Gorgierools

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So this isn’t a fresh approach at all. It exactly the same approach. We have a player who wants to come and has confirmed that (you have to assume he does anyway or it’s a complete waste of time) The only stumbling block is his club want to keep him OR we’ve not tempted them with enough money. And after we’ve cleared those hurdles we’ve got to get him a work permit. All this takes time and I just hope we have an easy stand by option because this could easily go to the wire and we’ll end up empty handed or with a pre contracted player unlikely to start for us until nearly February 2023 which is no earthly use to us right now

Since none of us know what, even if there was a first bid, no chance we know if its fresh, or if it even exists. 

We are in the dark 

BackOfTheNet

According to the translation, he’s not out of contract at the end of the year, so would only move if a release clause met. So… no one has a clue. Have we bid under the release clause? Is the clause to do with teams in Europe and doesn’t kick in until it’s determined which European competition we’ll be in? No one has any clue, do they?

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

According to the translation, he’s not out of contract at the end of the year, so would only move if a release clause met. So… no one has a clue. Have we bid under the release clause? Is the clause to do with teams in Europe and doesn’t kick in until it’s determined which European competition we’ll be in? No one has any clue, do they?

You have to imagine that his agent must be aware of the situation and Hearts have spoken to him, otherwise it does feel like Asian clubs deliberately make their contracts as difficult to understand and find out about. I remember a poster back in January say (this may be false) that with Ogashiwa, the issue was Hearts had been told by the agent of the release clause figure, then when Hearts made a bid for that, the club said there is no release clause.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You have to imagine that his agent must be aware of the situation and Hearts have spoken to him, otherwise it does feel like Asian clubs deliberately make their contracts as difficult to understand and find out about. I remember a poster back in January say (this may be false) that with Ogashiwa, the issue was Hearts had been told by the agent of the release clause figure, then when Hearts made a bid for that, the club said there is no release clause.

You’d have thought that we would have learned and researched more this time after the Ogashiwa situation.

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

You’d have thought that we would have learned and researched more this time after the Ogashiwa situation.

To be fair, who  says we haven't.

With Ogashiwa there was a very firm no after the bid and that the player wants to stay and that was it. With Seung-Woo apart from the report we have offered a contract, everything else has been contradictory in reports but nothing that says that the player is not wanting to move (only the usual agent talk of the player wants to do his best for Suwon.) We simply dont know.

BackOfTheNet
19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think it was that he did have a release figure, but was only for K-League clubs only or something. Thing is of course, we still haven’t had any confirmation we’re even wanting him yet.

20 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

🤯

1 minute ago, Barack said:

It is, if you're Celtic.

I'll leave others to debate exactly why that is.

Money could be it ! , We have not got the cash they have , we have to negotiate more🤷‍♂️I’m no expert though .

Berra than you

I read earlier a K league analyst on twitter saying that the K league only publish the players that are our of contract that are home based, and overseas players are not included. He reckoned that given Lee was signed from Europe by Suwon, that might be why he's not on the out of contract list. In short, who knows 🤷‍♂️

Mr Elwood P
16 minutes ago, Barack said:

It is, if you're Celtic.

The Celtic manager and the league he came from is probably the obvious difference?

3 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I read earlier a K league analyst on twitter saying that the K league only publish the players that are our of contract that are home based, and overseas players are not included. He reckoned that given Lee was signed from Europe by Suwon, that might be why he's not on the out of contract list. In short, who knows 🤷‍♂️

Exactly who knows mate, but there will be kickbackers on it now, we will know sooooooon👍

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The Celtic manager and the league he came from is probably the obvious difference?

Not money? 

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Not money? 

Teams with far more money than Celtic don't have multiple players from

the Far East playing for them. My conclusion, Ange was the determining factor.  

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

People think too much of the complexities of transfers. It’s mainly about cash.  Hearts haggle over a few bob, Celtic probably cave at the last minute and give players that extra 2 grand a week they wanted.  

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Money is the root of well most everything but I get were you are coming from. But would Ange get them players if he never never had the cash ? not in my view

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, One five said:

Money is the root of well most everything but I get were you are coming from. But would Ange get them players if he never never had the cash ? not in my view

How many pints?

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

People think too much of the complexities of transfers. It’s mainly about cash.  Hearts haggle over a few bob, Celtic probably cave at the last minute and give players that extra 2 grand a week they wanted.  

Celtic famously haggled over a few hundred grand for John McGinn and ended up making an arse of it.

2 hours ago, Imaman said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-aim-to-push-through-lee-seung-woo-deal-with-fresh-approach-3794695

A complete and utter waste of time, hopefully this is bollocks and we have moved o to other targets as this has zero chance of being concluded. 

38 minutes ago, Barack said:

It is, if you're Celtic.

There’s no debate to be had here. All of Celtics signings who required a work permit passed the points based criteria system with ease, as did Devlin, Atkinson and Rowles. As have several others in the league. It’s not a very high bar and it’s very simple arithmetic to work out in advance if you’re going to get a permit or not.

will-i-am-a-jambo
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

You would imagine if a pre-contract is signed then the work permit won't be long far behind but l don't know how these things work.

Idon't know if you saw the recent podcast with interview with Joe Savage and he talks about how they produce a 100-page booklet to the SFA explaining why foreign players should be granted a work permit to play for Hearts? It sounded very impressive as he said l think for one of the Aussie players (lm assuming Devlin) they may have had only 7 points to meet the criteria which was  miles off the recommended limit (l forget what the points total should be) but they still managed to get the player in. 

Watt-Zeefuik

The main thing I think from Simms' debut is that it shows how the pish about the ECL being better than the Scots Prem is pish. Simms was an above average scorer last season in Scotland. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he moves south and strolls the Championship. All this, "can he score in the Championship?" nonsense should be met with, "he scored regularly in Scotland, so yes he's obviously going to piss all over the Championship."

InternationalJambo
29 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

His assist today… although I think the goal scorer deserves a wee bit more of the credit on this one :wink:

Who’s the boy that scored?? He got a release clause in his contract😂??

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, InternationalJambo said:

That's what I was thinking 😂

1 minute ago, InternationalJambo said:

Ange will get him signed with the flash of his eyes…… supposedly 😂

12 minutes ago, One five said:

Jesus 🤦‍♂️

Signed for Arsenal.

Way out of our league.

BackOfTheNet
21 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

There’s no debate to be had here. All of Celtics signings who required a work permit passed the points based criteria system with ease, as did Devlin, Atkinson and Rowles. As have several others in the league. It’s not a very high bar and it’s very simple arithmetic to work out in advance if you’re going to get a permit or not.

Didn’t Savage say in the recent podcast that Devlin, Atkinson and Rowles fell short of the points based system? (Sure he said they were around 7, and you need a minimum of 15) They had to go to panel decisions and they were able to showcase enough to the panel, I think he said.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

They do say to help players settle from far flung areas to bring in two at the same time

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

His assist today… although I think the goal scorer deserves a wee bit more of the credit on this one :wink:

Maybe try for the goal scorer instead?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Didn’t Savage say in the recent podcast that Devlin, Atkinson and Rowles fell short of the points based system? (Sure he said they were around 7, and you need a minimum of 15) They had to go to panel decisions and they were able to showcase enough to the panel he said.

Most players do fall short,  BBC ran an article a few weeks back, goes to a panel who never say no

41 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This is a major problem with assists etc being taken as gospel when  people obsess with stats. He's rolled the ball 10 yards and the boy has scored a raker, yet he's credited with setting it up 🤣

18 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Didn’t Savage say in the recent podcast that Devlin, Atkinson and Rowles fell short of the points based system? (Sure he said they were around 7, and you need a minimum of 15) They had to go to panel decisions and they were able to showcase enough to the panel he said.

It’s points BASED, not wholly points DEPENDANT. Celtics signings qualified  on the points threshold alone. Ours required additional presentations but it’s a box ticking exercise to keep the UK government happy with continuing the arrangement. At least 2 of our 3 will be at the World Cup. The other one was at the Olympic Games. They were never going to be declined. we would have an issue if we were shopping in countries ranked below Scotland but that’s not where we’re shopping.

Edited by JimmyCant

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***