*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

or Seung's team giving the green light?

Yeah that as well I guess.    Him and a loan.   

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, Carter said:

Sounded as though he was going to be part of the first team squad this season. Last year of his contract. Doesn't look like he'll make the grade with us. 

Henderson got extended while he was on loan and his contract was up.  

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Henderson got extended while he was on loan and his contract was up.  

And he’s now in the first team squad again…so far. 

Under the floodlight
21 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I'm sorry, you must be on the wrong board. This is Jambos Kickback, we don't do that kind of thing here.

Leave all the nonsense to the myriad of experts on here, seen the good the bad and the ugly since the mid 70s, now just enjoying the cheese banter etc.

BackOfTheNet

Again, the last clip has Davenport at the centre of it. This seems too purposeful for a deal not to already have been agreed I would say.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Again, the last clip has Davenport at the centre of it. This seems too purposeful for a deal not to already have been agreed I would say.

from that clip it looks like he's settled in and enjoying himself.

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, Gav M said:

from that clip it looks like he's settled in and enjoying himself.

Couldn’t get close to the ball once mind you… WAGE FEEF!!!

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Probably not as they would have agreed to have a look at him training all this week.

Maybe if he is in the stand at Easter Road on Sunday then there might be more in it.

For the meantime he is just training. It must be difficult to decide on taking a player just based on how he trains.

I would imagine they already know what he can do and are looking at if he is fit enought to play now.

I always feel like sometimes when we take these boys on a week trial before making a decision we're looking at more than just their ability. You have to imagine they'll also be looking to see how his personality fits in with the rest of the team who seem a proper close knit group now compared to years gone by.

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I always feel like sometimes when we take these boys on a week trial before making a decision we're looking at more than just their ability. You have to imagine they'll also be looking to see how his personality fits in with the rest of the team who seem a proper close knit group now compared to years gone by.

Plus, how's their fitness and sharpness? Are we looking at 2 months before they'll be in contention, can they come in and compete straight away, or somewhere in between?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Plus, how's their fitness and sharpness? Are we looking at 2 months before they'll be in contention, can they come in and compete straight away, or somewhere in between?

Definitely, we've seen way too much of the former previously. Thankfully this seems to have been sorted massively since Robbie & Joe took the reigns

35 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Well of course that makes sense. 

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

I guess you get to plan sessions that will stress test any historic injuries and then see how they react. 

On 04/08/2022 at 14:58, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

He was flagged up by Allan Russell, who apparently had historic connections with Blackburn, Goodwin never interested, Aberdeen DNA Q & A with Goodwin. Hence why the interest in previous windows, when Goodwin was nowhere near Aberdeen

A semi-interesting development to this: I see Aberdeen are about to sign Leighton Clarkson, a defensive midfielder who played fewer games than Davenport for Blackburn last season. An interesting way to move onto new targets.

To be fair, he's 20 and Liverpool saw enough to give him a start in the CL a couple of years ago. Davenport certainly seemed to be viewed as the better player by Blackburn fans based on a quick Twitter search, though.

4 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

A semi-interesting development to this: I see Aberdeen are about to sign Leighton Clarkson, a defensive midfielder who played fewer games than Davenport for Blackburn last season. An interesting way to move onto new targets.

To be fair, he's 20 and Liverpool saw enough to give him a start in the CL a couple of years ago. Davenport certainly seemed to be viewed as the better player by Blackburn fans based on a quick Twitter search, though.

Think taking the gamble on Davenport is entirely justified by us, Beni & Devlin are our main two in midfield, but Haring isn't too far behind both in ability, and has bags of experience. So we're well covered, but if Davenport can regain his fitness gradually with no pressure to play every week then he could potentially surpass both Beni & Devlin. Like you say, Blackburn fans were pretty torn on him leaving because he's obviously got bags and bags of ability. 

Edit: With Aberdeen having such a high turnover as Goodwin rebuilds the team, maybe he wanted reliability? Lesser player but knows he can play every week. 

Edited by OTT

I think we will announce a signing after the derby. 

if the result is bad, there's nothing like a new signing to lift spirits.

Jambo in Bathgate
58 minutes ago, Hansel said:

That’s heresy! No negativity please. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Hansel said:

We aint gonna lose 4 nil to the Jambos

6 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

That’s heresy! No negativity please. 

Yep, sorry @Hanselyou can be strung up by the pinkies and flayed with stingy nettles down Gorgie for thoughts like that.😐🥴😄

Jambo in Bathgate
4 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Yep, sorry @Hanselyou can be strung up by the pinkies and flayed with stingy nettles down Gorgie for thoughts like that.😐🥴😄

😂😂😂

Gorgierools
19 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Any more of that nonsense and we'll go straight to Chinese burns.

Ricardo Quaresma
37 minutes ago, maggieb said:

Comma or hobo?

Come on, Maggie, you know he's not h*bs 😄

A hibby interloper would not have the imagination to call himself Selkirkhmfc1874 😄

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 hours ago, DC_92 said:

:thumbsup: Believe Goodwin wants nothing to do with Glass legacy, his own people etc

1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Any more of that nonsense and we'll go straight to Chinese burns.

😫remember my big sister dae’in that tae me…when I was wee☹️

Under the floodlight
30 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

😫remember my big sister dae’in that tae me…when I was wee☹️

My older brother used to stir his cup of tea and put the hot spoon on my arm, thought it was hilarious.😎

7 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

My older brother used to stir his cup of tea and put the hot spoon on my arm, thought it was hilarious.😎

My mate used to do that to me.

I explained to him it was just the surprise of the hot spoon hitting the arm that caused the shock because when one knowingly puts their finger in the tea (his), you don't get a shock.  He never did it again. soon

2 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Over to savage, can’t help but feel we need couple of big signings as not had any whelms yet.

Hopefully we don't react to what Hibs do 

In fact I know we won't.

AlphonseCapone
8 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Over to savage, can’t help but feel we need couple of big signings as not had any whelms yet.

:what:

Batistuta87

The fact that they're absolutely creaming themselves over someone who would probably struggle to make the starting 11 for us speaks volumes. He's currently very slightly better than Forrest but with him being 30 and Forrest much younger I have a feeling that in a few months time he'll be up there with McKay in terms of his importance to the team, and better than Boyle. Unless of course we've still to sign someone better still! 

Edited by Batistuta87

heartmussel
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

My mate used to do that to me.

I explained to him it was just the surprise of the hot spoon hitting the arm that caused the shock because when one knowingly puts their finger in the tea (his), you don't get a shock.  He never did it again. soon

My old man used to do it to me with the words : How does a river start? As a burn 😱 Memories 🍵 

Mr Elwood P
10 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

So, Grant to start and Davenport on bench?

They don't appear to play the same position?

Mr Elwood P
54 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

I was feeling the whelms watching Grant and Forrest last weekend. Not sure what fans were expecting ...

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

The fact that they're absolutely creaming themselves over someone who would probably struggle to make the starting 11 for us speaks volumes. He's currently very slightly better than Forrest but with him being 30 and Forrest much younger I have a feeling that in a few months time he'll be up there with McKay in terms of his importance to the team, and better than Boyle. Unless of course we've still to sign someone better still! 

I’ve got a good feeling about Forrest. Only one game in but I think he’s going to be one of those players that just clicks at Hearts. 

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

What, because hibs have resigned the diving hobo? 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

What makes you think he is better than Forrest.Foresst had a great season last season and already has started great for us.I would say Forrest is already better.Well I know I would rather have him anyway

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

What are you on about, let's just sign an overpriced player who is well-known, not because he is any good just because you'll be happy, behave

18 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

What, because hibs have resigned the diving hobo? 

Couldn't walk out on the club quick enough now delighted to be back, playing their fans for fools.

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Not overly happy with the favourites tag and confidence being commented on in the media. 

🤷‍♂️ Nothing we as fans or the club can do about that.

All that matters is how the team feels and how they play. We are a very professional outfit and we will show that tomorrow.

BackOfTheNet

Suwon won this game 4-2, Lee Seung-woo started on the bench, but as has been mentioned before this happens often as clubs gets more substitutes if they start with more younger players. He came on after 15 minutes, so well over an hour’s playing time. No goal, no idea if he was involved in any of them.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***