• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Meh... Who gives a feck if they announce Shanks signing, it's in the bag. 

Heard he went heid first into it ...

14 minutes ago, erskinehearts said:

I'm on nightshift and I'm looking forward to waking up to news of a couple of strikers signing for the famous. Maybe getting our own SAS (Shankland and simms)😁

Simms still in America unfortunately 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Sky Sports news are going round all 12 spl clubs doing interviews over twelve days.   Maybe that's got something to do with  the hold up on Shankland.  Hibs were on Monday.    I've not been watching today's. 

Kilmarnock today with new signing Jordan Jones 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, bazman said:

Simms still in America unfortunately 

You usually fly back overnight. Not that will be happening sadly, well not tomorrow. 

Did Arsenal not just sign Zinchenko whilst on Tour with Citeh?

20 minutes ago, erskinehearts said:

I'm on nightshift and I'm looking forward to waking up to news of a couple of strikers signing for the famous. Maybe getting our own SAS (Shankland and simms)😁

Simms could happen but I don't think it will until Everton have signed at least one the strikers and they've still to have bids accepted at the moment I believe. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Kilmarnock today with new signing Jordan Jones 

Thanks 👍.    It's driving me mad trying to find what days the clubs are on.    Still can't find any information.   Scratch two clubs, ten to go.  I'm thinking Shankland might get a sneaky appearance when they randomly do interviews. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Awesome. No thread title updated last night when I went to bed and likewise this morning. However, that vermin muppet above has yet again shown why our "rivals" truly are the comedy club. :rofl:

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952fbdca002eb9eafcdfd

Was like this last night after a sesh in the garden all afternoon!!

2 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Surely a GK too?! 

I though Bain from Celtic might have been here by now, good lad from a family of Hearts fans, not that that matters of he's crap, he'll also be on a decent wedge. I'm assuming he's still there.

Hopefully we can sign another striker with size 14s and can have 'Shanks and Bigfoot leading the line 👌🏽

2 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

And Jorge,   really think the combo of McKay, Forrest, Jorge and Shankland with Boyce in the mix too means we’re in for a good season.   Def more goals in this team for me than last season and looks like we are not done yet! Exciting times…

Agreed. I expect more goals than last season on this basis. Compared to previous seasons there is so much more quality. 

A few concerns though. Do any of the above have genuine pace? From what people have seen are Forrest and Grant just quick or rapid?

Also we are short of a real physical presence and I’m sure the club will still be looking for that. 

Finally, is 3-4-3 the right formation for these players. I dont want a situation when Robbie is trying to shoe hore Shankland and Boyce into the same team within a 3-4-3. 

fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, McNelly15 said:

It is the age after 15 yes. Dont know why you had to clarify this 😂  he signed for wee team at 16...

He played for Bristol u23s at 15. 

No Idle Talk

I'm not sure I have ever seen Lawrence Shankland play. So I don't really know what to expect from him to be honest. What I like is that he is Scottish, he is in the prime years of his career, and his goalscoring record in the Championship was nothing short of outrageous. So he profiles as an interesting signing. Hopefully he will do really well for us.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Stumbled across this by pure accident and damn near pissed myself. :rofl:

Aye, one has scored 119 club goals and the other 73 goals.

It looks to me like Shankland is miles ahead.

BackOfTheNet

Anything in the 10pm previews of tomorrow’s papers? All quiet on Hearts as Celtic have signed two players I imagine. Wouldn’t surprise me if there was no announcement as they want press there, but they all had to be in Glasgow.

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, No Idle Talk said:

I'm not sure I have ever seen Lawrence Shankland play. So I don't really know what to expect from him to be honest. What I like is that he is Scottish, he is in the prime years of his career, and his goalscoring record in the Championship was nothing short of outrageous. So he profiles as an interesting signing. Hopefully he will do really well for us.

I only seen him once playing for Ayr v. Dundee United. He scored four goals and ripped them to shreds. Think it was a Friday night Championship game. 

27 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

He played for Bristol u23s at 15. 

I know this!!!!! 

PhoenixHearts

That @Louis1875zz on twitter has really taken his roasting well.

Went on twitter to have a wee laugh and he's blocked me even though we've never even interacted! I can only guess he's went on a deep dive into Hearts followers or people who have liked Hearts recent tweets and he's preemptively blocked a load of us. 

Mental 😭😭😭

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, PhoenixHearts said:

That @Louis1875zz on twitter has really taken his roasting well.

Went on twitter to have a wee laugh and he's blocked me even though we've never even interacted! I can only guess he's went on a deep dive into Hearts followers or people who have liked Hearts recent tweets and he's preemptively blocked a load of us. 

Mental 😭😭😭

:rofl:

He's probably having Vietnam flashbacks of 5-1 as well! :smuggy:

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Thanks 👍.    It's driving me mad trying to find what days the clubs are on.    Still can't find any information.   Scratch two clubs, ten to go.  I'm thinking Shankland might get a sneaky appearance when they randomly do interviews. 

St Mirren & St Johnstone were on last week

Just now, HMFC_France said:

Reckon that’s fed by the club to give us a little bit of suspense for tomorrow after the photo leak. Deal is surely done. 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, HMFC_France said:

Absolutely no chance Shankland was walking about at Tynecastle in Hearts branded gear if it's not 'official / confirmed' ...

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

How can it not be agreed if he’s standing in hearts gear

Everything is and was agreed it’s just awaiting his club confirming the paperwork, all that today was in hope for him going with the squad tomorrow. Wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen tomorrow 

1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Everything is and was agreed it’s just awaiting his club confirming the paperwork, all that today was in hope for him going with the squad tomorrow. Wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen tomorrow 

Good news. Any update on the defender you discussed? 

1 minute ago, Goodfella said:

Good news. Any update on the defender you discussed? 

Was told to expect an update later this week, guessing we must be meeting with him 

Was told to expect an update later this week, guessing we must be meeting with him 

Great, thanks. 

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

D'you know if he's travelling with the squad regardless?

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
missing word

5 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

D'you know if he's travelling with the squad regardless?

-

I have no idea mate, would imagine we would need it 100% done for that as he’s another clubs player (early morning announcement would decide). I would say as of now it’s 99.9% nothings ever done until the club confirm 

Ricardo Quaresma

I have no idea mate, would imagine we would need it 100% done for that as he’s another clubs player (early morning announcement would decide). I would say as of now it’s 99.9% nothings ever done until the club confirm 

Ok, true, cheers

13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Absolutely no chance Shankland was walking about at Tynecastle in Hearts branded gear if it's not 'official / confirmed' ...

But he was and it isn't.

I doubt he'd be in the training gear taking photos if all parties weren't expecting it to get completed but, until it's official, there's always a chance  (however small) that something derails things (most likely from the Beerschot side). People have pointed out other examples where photos were taken in the strip prior to the 'I's being dotted and the 'T's crossed.

Anyway, I'm 99% sure it'll be done and announced tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Some serious investigative work done by Pilcher there.

😂 Yep, he’s clearly got the inside scoop

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

But he was and it isn't.

I doubt he'd be in the training gear taking photos if all parties weren't expecting it to get completed but, until it's official, there's always a chance  (however small) that something derails things (most likely from the Beerschot side). People have pointed out other examples where photos were taken in the strip prior to the 'I's being dotted and the 'T's crossed.

Let’s hope so. The Shankland Saga today has drained me more than the heat

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

But he was and it isn't.

I'm 100% sure the contract has been signed.

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I'm 100% sure the contract has been signed.

Ok. It's impossible for us to know that until it's announced.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

Ok. It's impossible for us to know that until it's announced.

Far from impossible.

55 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Probably a technicality like International clearance

or

the hot weather has overheated the fax machine.

BackOfTheNet

Saying a deal is “not done yet” is very easy to say, when no club has confirmed it. It’s simply stating an easily observational fact, that any of us can determine by a lack of announcement from either side. It’s age old journalism speak for they don’t know **** all, Anderson is a master of it. Pilcher just following suit.

The Black Prince
13 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I think I read an article by an aussie based journalist that detailed his strengths and weaknesses and heading was one area that they said he needs to improve on. Having watched him against Peru, his reading of the game and distribution were excellent. He always seemed to be in the right place to get in blocks or pick up loose balls. 

He also won everything in the air in that match.

I go to or watch on telly every Central Coast Mariners game and he's been a beast in the air for us. Whoever compiled those stats is either guessing or trolling. Trowlesing is now a thing.

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Saying a deal is “not done yet” is very easy to say, when no club has confirmed it. It’s simply stating an easily observational fact, that any of us can determine by a lack of announcement from either side. It’s age old journalism speak for they don’t know **** all, Anderson is a master of it. Pilcher just following suit.

He specifically said there are still things to be agreed. That makes it different from a deal which is fully agreed but still has formalities to iron out, which is what most people assumed to be the case.

I've no idea if he's correct or not and I'm sure the deal will get done either way or the other, but it's not necessarily a vacuous statement.

1 hour ago, airthjambo said:

St Mirren & St Johnstone were on last week

Thanks. 

Looks like they are starting with the bottom six clubs.    

BackOfTheNet
15 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

He specifically said there are still things to be agreed. That makes it different from a deal which is fully agreed but still has formalities to iron out, which is what most people assumed to be the case.

I've no idea if he's correct or not and I'm sure the deal will get done either way or the other, but it's not necessarily a vacuous statement.

“Things to be agreed” can vary anything from payment structure to simply agreeing a date of announcement between clubs. Again, the vagueness means he’s technically correct, but being technically correct doesn’t mean he knows anything the rest of us don’t. It’s journalism 101 in the modern age, making people think you know something, rather than actually knowing something.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***