*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe, but with our revenue taking a massive lift next season of anything between 20-40% ish it is OK to increase your player budget. 

But if we don't finish 3rd or qualify for Europe next season we are then stuck with the higher wage budget. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

But if we don't finish 3rd or qualify for Europe next season we are then stuck with the higher wage budget. 

Even if we finish third next season does Scotland's co-efficient still guarantee us the same scenario as this year i.e. group stage football oh and as long as a no mark wins the Scottish Cup we need to remember that.

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm not suggesting we spend it all on wages in one season. 

Also, spending more and getting better players will help us achieve 3rd again. 

We'll need to spend more on wages if we want to improve. 

No point in banking it all. 

Dick Dastardly
6 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Even if we finish third next season does Scotland's co-efficient still guarantee us the same scenario as this year i.e. group stage football oh and as long as a no mark wins the Scottish Cup we need to remember that.

Good point and i have absolutely no idea

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Good point and i have absolutely no idea

Neither have I

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'm not suggesting we spend it all on wages in one season. 

Also, spending more and getting better players will help us achieve 3rd again. 

We'll need to spend more on wages if we want to improve. 

No point in banking it all. 

Yeah, i agree but i just don't want to see us get stuck in a place where we are stuck with contracts we could do without. I don't think that'll happen under this regime, in fairness. 

AC Mallin_51
13 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

That’s a great point. We could have a great season, finish 3rd at a canter again but if say a Motherwell or Aberdeen win the cup then that’s us into the qualifiers. It’s safe to assume if we don’t win the cup it’ll be one of the OF but st Johnstone proved that’s certainly not a done thing 

Edited by AC Mallin_51

RustyRightPeg
9 hours ago, john thomas said:

So you are not , actually , aware at all ?

Perhaps , it was , a poor choice , of words , apologies. 

11 hours ago, Syd said:

Every chance he’s being cute about it. No doubt Hearts will have sold the benefits of Simms playing at Tynecastle next year with European Football guaranteed 

Sy

You shortening your username has really tickled me :lol:

I also think you might be bang on.

On 07/06/2022 at 21:08, pointon said:

Simms £1.6 with first refusal and 25% sell on apparently 

You missed out his wages.

I know people are risk averse and generally speculate to accumulate doesn't work in football, but Simms is exactly the right scenario if we can get him. He'd (presumably) want to be here, we know he works in this league and this team. English academy player from and EPL team where he's very much on their radar and decent championship clubs. If he comes up here on a 3 year deal and bangs in 10-15 goals next season we'll double our money no problem.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I know people are risk averse and generally speculate to accumulate doesn't work in football, but Simms is exactly the right scenario if we can get him. He'd (presumably) want to be here, we know he works in this league and this team. English academy player from and EPL team where he's very much on their radar and decent championship clubs. If he comes up here on a 3 year deal and bangs in 10-15 goals next season we'll double our money no problem.

And if he comes up here and gets a serious injury it's money down the drain.

Dick Dastardly
21 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Perhaps , it was , a poor choice , of words , apologies. 

😂😂 , 😂 , 😂😂😂 , 😂😂

12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Wage structure blown out of the water is a high risk too. 

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That could be said of any player, that is of course if insurance didn’t exist

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wage structure blown out of the water is a high risk too. 

I'll be honest I don't know the ins and outs of our wage structure. Unless we stay static with our level of player though, our wage structure won't remain static. Guess it's whether the club want to spend the additional monies on quality or quantity. 

When you sign better calibre players, they cost more in wages. It's the way of it. If the squad fillers don't like it that's unfortunate.

Edited by Taffin

20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Apart from the insurance, yes. It's also true of any signing.

We've signed hundreds of players under Budge who never got an injury but were money down the drain.

AlphonseCapone

Wage structures can't stay static just on the basis that cost of living isn't static.

I get we're talking about wages beyond most of our achievement but people tend to spend what they earn so even a football player will be getting less bang for his buck now. 

We've got to increase the wages a bit, and I meana bit, to both be competitive in the current economic world and to move to another level. 

Increasing spending is probably more uncomfortable for us as supporters than most given what we've been through so understand why it's so strongly debated. 

Saint Jambo
34 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You think if we paid £1.6m for him and he scored 10 goals next season we would get over £3m for him no problem? I suppose it is more realistic than the £10m a poster further up had us selling him for.

If we double our record signing to buy a striker who scores less goals than Boyce has this season, I think he'd be widely seen as a flop and a massive waist of money.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
33 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We’d never sign anyone with that approach.

We wouldn’t have signed Souttar for example. Would you have preferred he never played for us?

section s heart
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

Don't know but I think co-efficient points run for 5 years, so you'd think Sevco making the final gives a decent chance of this situation repeating for the near future. Someone will know better how the system works and the likelihood of automatic group stages being sustained.

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

You think if we paid £1.6m for him and he scored 10 goals next season we would get over £3m for him no problem? I suppose it is more realistic than the £10m a poster further up had us selling him for.

If we double our record signing to buy a striker who scores less goals than Boyce has this season, I think he'd be widely seen as a flop and a massive waist of money.

I do, yes. A Championship club would come in for him. That's what is appealing about this deal, Simms is exactly the type of player English teams buy. He's English, came through an EPL academy and was on the fringe of their squad occasionally. 

10-15 goals from 21/22 year old striker with that background will attract significant bids imo. 

Boyce is totally irrelevant really, he's 30 odd with no pedigree (that particularly appeals to the English teams anyway)

1 hour ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

That’s a great point. We could have a great season, finish 3rd at a canter again but if say a Motherwell or Aberdeen win the cup then that’s us into the qualifiers. It’s safe to assume if we don’t win the cup it’ll be one of the OF but st Johnstone proved that’s certainly not a done thing 

Conversely if that did happen then I would rather be going in to those qualifiers with good players who might just get us in to the group stages

22 minutes ago, section s heart said:

Don't know but I think co-efficient points run for 5 years, so you'd think Sevco making the final gives a decent chance of this situation repeating for the near future. Someone will know better how the system works and the likelihood of automatic group stages being sustained.

I think the co-efficent will increase. Rangers loss to Progres gets knocked off this year and then we have their great run to the Europa final adding to it.

(what i've been told)

Benny Factor
3 minutes ago, Robbo51 said:

no mention of how long 

And while we're announcing the signing of an Australian international defender, Hibs are announcing a permanent deal for Rocky Bushiri!!! :D:D:D:D:D

maroonedinlivvy
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So, transfer window opens tomorrow. We expecting any news on any front? Seems like if this Neilson signs it would cause a hoopla, so may take a while to effectively have an out of court settlement. I imagine Rowles will not be announced until the World Cup play off is done. Shankland?

When does pre-season training resume? That’s likely when we’ll start seeing activity pick up I’d imagine.

They fly to Spain on the 24th June until 1st July, continue back here from 3rd July.

OmiyaHearts
Just now, Move On, Comrades said:

And while we're announcing the signing of an Australian international defender, Hibs are announcing a permanent deal for Rocky Bushiri!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Crivvens, he looked horrendous last season.

Benny Factor
Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

Crivvens, he looked horrendous last season.

Yeah, I literally burst out laughing when I heard it on the BBC Scotland sports news. 

5 minutes ago, Move On, Comrades said:

Jeezo that rocky guy was horrendous. Was disappointed he didn’t start in the semi final. He must have been really cheap

ginger jambo98
2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

How long is Rowles contract? Must have missed it 

Shree years.

Hearts have agreed the transfer of Australian international player Kye Rowles.

The Socceroos defender will join the Jambos on a three-year-deal from A-League side Central Coast Mariners for an undisclosed fee subject to visa approval and international clearance.

23-year-old Kye is a rising star of the Australian game, recently winning his first full for caps the national side.

Standing 6’3” tall, the centre-half began his professional career with Brisbane Roar in 2016 before joining Central Coast Mariners a year later.

He would go on to rack up 107 appearances for Mariners, helping them to the 2021 Australian FA Cup Final. Despite losing 2-1 to Adelaide United, Kye was jointly awarded the Mark Viduka Medal for his man of the match performance.

After picking up the Mariners Medal - a combination of fans, coaches and players’ votes for player of the year - at the end of 2020/21, he would go on to retain the prestigious club award last season after playing his part in getting Mariners to the A-League Finals series, as well as winning the Players’ Player of the Year and Coach’s Player of the Year awards.

Having represented his country at U17, U20 and U23 levels, and making the squads for the U17s World Cup in 2015 and the 2020 Tokyo Olympics in 2021, Kye made his full Australia debut earlier this month in a 2-1 friendly win over Jordan, before gaining his second cap two nights ago in their World Cup play-off win against United Arab Emirates, playing 90 minutes in a 2-1 Socceroos victory which takes them to one game away from the finals in Qatar.

With a successful Exceptions Panel hearing having taken place with the Scottish FA, Kye looks set to begin the next chapter of his career in maroon, much to the delight of Robbie Neilson.

The manager told the Official Hearts Website: “This is an exciting transfer for us and one that everyone has worked really hard to get over the line.

“Kye has a fantastic reputation over in Australia and his talent has seen him rise to the top of the game.

“To get another international player in the door is a big coup and I’m really looking forward to working with him. Hearts is the perfect place for Kye to continue his development and I believe he is someone who can help improve the team.”

Sporting Director Joe Savage said: “We’ve obviously had success in the Australian market so having identified Kye as a target it was a no brainer to try and bring him to the club.

“He’s clearly a very talented player and he has the potential to get even better, and I think we’ve all seen that Hearts can provide an environment for players to flourish, which is why Kye has chosen us as the best place to continue his career despite late attempts from other Scottish clubs to get involved.

“Kye fits the profile of player we want to attract to this club and I’ve no doubt the fans will take to him, like they have with Cammy Devlin and Nat Atkinson, once he pulls on that maroon jersey.

“These types of transfers require a lot of work so I have to thank everyone involved for all of their their efforts, and it's full steam ahead in terms of building a squad capable of making a mark in both domestic and European football this season.”

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Kye Rowles signs ***
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

That could be said of any player, that is of course if insurance didn’t exist

But will the insurance recoup the fee i wonder?

Absolute Scenes

Great work Hearts, sure Kye will be a good addition. 

Notice he was voted player of the season two years running for his team, can only be a good sign!

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***