*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I haven't listened to the podcast and I'm not trying to contradict you but i would have thought European football would have been more of a dangly carrot than a higher % of wages. I'm sure we could pay a larger amount than we have done, as well. 

You're not contradicting me as I never said it. 😍

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I haven't listened to the podcast and I'm not trying to contradict you but i would have thought European football would have been more of a dangly carrot than a higher % of wages. I'm sure we could pay a larger amount than we have done, as well. 

I’d rather play in Europe and Scotland than 3 times a week in the championship for someone like Reading or Luton 

1 hour ago, Hertz21 said:

Are we still in for the Japanese forward Tsuyoshi Ogashiwa that we bid for in January? wouldn’t be surprised if we go back in for him now Woodburn definitely not coming back 

Thought Robbie wanted to sign Woodburn on a free ? Was this on the podcast too that he is definitely not coming back?

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

True but would prefer Mckay, Boyce and 2 others to get double figures rather than rely on one man.

True.  but they won’t . 

9 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Thought Robbie wanted to sign Woodburn on a free ? Was this on the podcast too that he is definitely not coming back?

Saw on EEN that we aren’t going to offer a contract but other Scottish clubs were looking at him 

indianajones
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He joined in January with no pre-season with us. He joined a new league and needed to get up to speed. Other players needed to get to know his game.

By April when he didn’t play our attack was like a flaccid dick trying to get it’s hole.

It was night and day.

Perfectly summed up. 

Simms would score plenty of goals for us in a full season. He wasnt even up to full speed and looked like a great player. 

2 minutes ago, Hertz21 said:

Saw on EEN that we aren’t going to offer a contract but other Scottish clubs were looking at him 

Ah right I never seen that.👍🏻 I had really high hopes for him and was excited when he signed.

Dick Dastardly
23 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I’d rather play in Europe and Scotland than 3 times a week in the championship for someone like Reading or Luton 

Tbf I'd rather play up front for Hearts than Man City, Barcelona or anyone else. And I'd rather mop the bogs at Tynecastle than play for hibs

Dick Dastardly
57 minutes ago, gov said:

I would suspect Everton have a big say and if people offer to pay higher % of wages then he will get some options and get to pick. Also for a young guy hoping to make it at Everton what makes him look better, a good season in the championship or getting to play in Scotland and a few games in Europe?

It's not just about what makes him look better though, is it? It's about playing and scoring. He knows he can score in Scotland and 8 or so games in Europe is a great experience for any young player. I think he would probably choose the championship, though. I do reckon we would be one of the teams on his list when he has to make that choice

Dick Dastardly
35 minutes ago, iainmac said:

You're not contradicting me as I never said it. 😍

Fair point! 👆

3 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

We have left our offer on table to Everton and simms but nothing likely to be decided until august, we are more focussed on our important targets this window now. Pushing to get an attacker in by the end of next week 

Attacker eh? so is the Connor Ronan chat geniune? Would take him, would be a strong upgrade on mceneff imo, also anything in the Shankland rumors?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We are doing a grand job of finding players. If Simms doesn't come off another will 

colinmorewasgash
1 hour ago, Hertz21 said:

Lets have a wild guess which one in particular.

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

True but would prefer Mckay, Boyce and 2 others to get double figures rather than rely on one man.

Ummm How many has McKay scored for us?

2 goals as far as I know 

You really think he will score another 8 next season?

Nookie Bear
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

2 goals as far as I know 

We have to encourage it. Sometimes these guys can go on a run and it’s not like he is a poor finisher, just that he probably doesn’t get into position enough. 

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We have to encourage it. Sometimes these guys can go on a run and it’s not like he is a poor finisher, just that he probably doesn’t get into position enough. 

His numbers are why he plays for us in all seriousness. 

He has the quality to play at a better level but goals let him down. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
7 hours ago, I.T.K said:

Probably wanted to move closer to home. Good luck to him.

Years ago Red Sox pitcher Roger Clemens wouldn’t re-sign with the Red Sox as he wanted to be closer to family in Texas.

He then signed with Toronto.

34 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

2 goals as far as I know 

Honking

Hearts have agreed terms with Lewis Neilson and now have to thrash out a fee with Dundee United or run the risk of a tribunal - which could see them hit with a bill of up to £500,000.

The Jambos had been given permission to hold talks with the 19-year-old and now have a deal in place with the young central defender.

Neilson is out of contract at Tannadice and United yesterday confirmed he would be leaving the club after turning down their final offer.

It had been reported that Hearts could get him for nothing over the timing of Neilson’s contract renewal but United have dismissed that and are adamant they will be due training compensation.

Unless a fee can be agreed between the two clubs then it will go to a tribunal.

It is a risk and saw United previously burnt when they bought Charlie Teller from Rangers for £204,000 back in 2014.

United have previously turned down big-offers from Leicester City for Lewis Neilson when his namesake was the manager.

United claim they had been in discussions with the young defender since September.

All these things will come into consideration who has been at Tannadice and come through the ranks over the last 10 years.

Dundee United sporting director Tony Asghar said: "We have been in discussions with Lewis Neilson and his representatives since September and made him a concrete contract offer in February.

"These discussions were ongoing until Lewis rejected our final offer this week. He will now be leaving the Club.

"Lewis was with us for almost a decade and progressed through our academy to make the breakthrough into the first team over the last two seasons.

"We wish him the very best in the next stage of his career."

Personally, I could easily see McKay scoring 10 goals next season if we sign a good RW/AMR and another good forward. And possibly an attacking midfielder. 

He was so obviously the conduit for all our attacking play. He got doubled up on and fouled left, right and centre. I would guess his runs padded Boyce and Kingsley’s scoring stats from getting chopped down all the time. 

Say we had Parrot or Simms up top, Kingsley at LB, Atkinson at RB, and say McKay, Ronan and a quality inside right in front of Cam and Benni, it would be so much harder to double team him. He would have a player infield of him sending him through balls, an attacking fullback overlapping him, and a threat from the right cutting the ball back. As well as having a forward potentially drawing two defenders. 

compare that to august to January this season when it was a diet of knockdowns from Boyce (with the odd over/under hit pass), Cochrane and Woodburn new to the team and just finding their way, Smith on the far side with Gino running blind alleys on the right wing. 

i could easily see him scoring 4 more goals in each half of the season in the first scenario compared to the second. 

Libertarian
4 hours ago, Hertz21 said:

Are we still in for the Japanese forward Tsuyoshi Ogashiwa that we bid for in January? wouldn’t be surprised if we go back in for him now Woodburn definitely not coming back 

Possibly the lure of European football would entice Ogashiwa to Tynecastle. Is there any further news about Shankland coming to Hearts?

5 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Possibly the lure of European football would entice Ogashiwa to Tynecastle. Is there any further news about Shankland coming to Hearts?

Shankland news seems to have went silent in recent days but then again we now operate with little news, Ogashiwa seems to be what we are looking for quite versatile able to play up front and out wide 

Re Lewis Neilson, Savage doesn’t strike me as daft enough to take a huge gamble on a young player like Neilson without being totally sure the development fee situation is fine. Mind boggling that Utd wouldn’t put a deal to him on paper though 😂

5 hours ago, iainmac said:

Just listening to the latest SATF podcast and we are paying a small element of Simm's Everton salary and we've been inundated with Championship clubs asking about him. The Championship clubs are able to pay a bigger percentage or even all of his salary so it's unlikely that Simms will be coming back.

Source?

Robbie Neilson.

Every chance he’s being cute about it. No doubt Hearts will have sold the benefits of Simms playing at Tynecastle next year with European Football guaranteed 

Sy

5 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He will still get paid the same wage. It will be Everton wanting more of that wage paid for by the loan club rather than them

RustyRightPeg
58 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Interest isn’t dead as far as I’m aware, probably a case of sitting tight until they realise they won’t get what they want for him so will take what they can get. 

tartofmidlothian
8 hours ago, Raymond Reddington said:

We also paid a fee for Rudi first time around. He was on loan from a Greek side not from Kaunas. Vlad bought and sold him to Southampton the same day. Unsure of the fee paid. I think we got 1.5 mil for him is it possible that vlad paid 1 mil for Rudi? Would still have made a profit. 

I was going to mention this, I'm sure he paid 500k and sold for 1m.

Phil D. Corners
20 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Interest isn’t dead as far as I’m aware, probably a case of sitting tight until they realise they won’t get what they want for him so will take what they can get. 

Thats my take, it will be a case on who blinks first. Shankland and McCulloch share the same agents. Hopefully the club will know if another club comes in for him. 

Dick Dastardly
48 minutes ago, bazman said:

He will still get paid the same wage. It will be Everton wanting more of that wage paid for by the loan club rather than them

Yes, i am aware he will still get the same wage. He won't get European football in the championship though. That experience, and the fact he would me more or less a guaranteed starter, should make up for whatever the contribution difference is, in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Hearts have agreed terms with Lewis Neilson and now have to thrash out a fee with Dundee United or run the risk of a tribunal - which could see them hit with a bill of up to £500,000.

The Jambos had been given permission to hold talks with the 19-year-old and now have a deal in place with the young central defender.

Neilson is out of contract at Tannadice and United yesterday confirmed he would be leaving the club after turning down their final offer.

It had been reported that Hearts could get him for nothing over the timing of Neilson’s contract renewal but United have dismissed that and are adamant they will be due training compensation.

Unless a fee can be agreed between the two clubs then it will go to a tribunal.

It is a risk and saw United previously burnt when they bought Charlie Teller from Rangers for £204,000 back in 2014.

United have previously turned down big-offers from Leicester City for Lewis Neilson when his namesake was the manager.

United claim they had been in discussions with the young defender since September.

All these things will come into consideration who has been at Tannadice and come through the ranks over the last 10 years.

Dundee United sporting director Tony Asghar said: "We have been in discussions with Lewis Neilson and his representatives since September and made him a concrete contract offer in February.

"These discussions were ongoing until Lewis rejected our final offer this week. He will now be leaving the Club.

"Lewis was with us for almost a decade and progressed through our academy to make the breakthrough into the first team over the last two seasons.

"We wish him the very best in the next stage of his career."

This insistence on using the word concrete instead of written makes me think they have ****ed up

53 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

And how are you aware? You sit and have a pint with savage and Robbie, cos they're the only ones who are aware 

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This insistence on using the word concrete instead of written makes me think they have ****ed up

Think they are playing poker with this and maybe we offer some sort of fee and come to an agreement 

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, ericb said:

And how are you aware? You sit and have a pint with savage and Robbie, cos they're the only ones who are aware 

Sorry Eric. Should I have said, the press who seem to have an in at Hearts at the moment haven’t reported it isn’t dead in the water yet. Does that tick your boxes 

1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I was going to mention this, I'm sure he paid 500k and sold for 1m.

I think it was 800k then sold for 1.6m.

kingantti1874
42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

100%.  They will try and argue a case but rules are rules.. and I expect no mercy from HMFC given we paid their legal bill etc 

john thomas
50 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Sorry Eric. Should I have said, the press who seem to have an in at Hearts at the moment haven’t reported it isn’t dead in the water yet. Does that tick your boxes 

So you are not , actually , aware at all ?

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Lewis Neilson situation is interesting. I'd imagine his agent will know exactly when the club submitted a written contract offer, and that's why he's been contacting clubs saying there won't be a fee due. The Charlie Telfer situation was back when the compensation fee was still quite unfamiliar. I'm sure that Hearts will do their due diligence and not put themselves in that situation. If Dundee United have messed that up, whoever is responsible for that will find themselves sacked fairly quickly I'd imagine.

August Landmesser
20 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Lewis Neilson situation is interesting. I'd imagine his agent will know exactly when the club submitted a written contract offer, and that's why he's been contacting clubs saying there won't be a fee due. The Charlie Telfer situation was back when the compensation fee was still quite unfamiliar. I'm sure that Hearts will do their due diligence and not put themselves in that situation. If Dundee United have messed that up, whoever is responsible for that will find themselves sacked fairly quickly I'd imagine.

Maybe that's contributing to Tam Courts' desire to jump on the first helicopter out? Could be a number of wee hints that things are a mess behind the scenes up there.

Shame for them.

:jjyay:

I'd absolutely piss myself laughing if scumdee hibernian get nothing. Who could ask for a better feeder club?

tartofmidlothian
8 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

I think it was 800k then sold for 1.6m.

Yeah, he definitely doubled his money, it was a shrewd deal. Amazing to think he managed them every so often.

vegas-voss
20 hours ago, StirlingJambo said:

Spending 1 million and then selling him on in a couple years for a good bit more is the only way we’ll get closer to the old firm. We know he’s a player. Doubt the funds are there this season for that kind of signing but would be some statement.

It's not just the £1m though it's the wages that comes with a £1m player do you honestly think his agent is going to value him at say a maximum £5k a week.I highly doubt it so we then have to totally feck up our wage structure which then has other players in the squad questing why they are in so much lower.

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It's not just the £1m though it's the wages that comes with a £1m player do you honestly think his agent is going to value him at say a maximum £5k a week.I highly doubt it so we then have to totally feck up our wage structure which then has other players in the squad questing why they are in so much lower.

Some one further up the thread said Simms is on 8 thousand currently and that our current highest wage is 6 thousand ……………. If and it is an if that is correct then there looks like room for negotiation there to me

BackOfTheNet

So, transfer window opens tomorrow. We expecting any news on any front? Seems like if this Neilson signs it would cause a hoopla, so may take a while to effectively have an out of court settlement. I imagine Rowles will not be announced until the World Cup play off is done. Shankland?

When does pre-season training resume? That’s likely when we’ll start seeing activity pick up I’d imagine.

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So, transfer window opens tomorrow. We expecting any news on any front? Seems like if this Neilson signs it would cause a hoopla, so may take a while to effectively have an out of court settlement. I imagine Rowles will not be announced until the World Cup play off is done. Shankland?

When does pre-season training resume? That’s likely when we’ll start seeing activity pick up I’d imagine.

I'm going for Ronan and Shankland for the next 2 in.

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I think the Neilson thing will just go to a tribunal to figure out if we have to pay anything. He is free to sign for whoever wants him right now, i believe 

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Some one further up the thread said Simms is on 8 thousand currently and that our current highest wage is 6 thousand ……………. If and it is an if that is correct then there looks like room for negotiation there to me

If you start paying one player 25% more and all other player's will start to negotiate 25% increases. Then your whole player budget gets screwed. 

17 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

If you start paying one player 25% more and all other player's will start to negotiate 25% increases. Then your whole player budget gets screwed. 

Well if you do not manage it properly then yes it could but if we already have a player on 6 and we were offering Souttar more than that then if we got Simms on say 7 then I do not think any one could complain too much …………. they should use it as motivation to perform to earn a higher wage when their contract is up for renewal

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Maybe, but with our revenue taking a massive lift next season of anything between 20-40% ish it is OK to increase your player budget. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***