*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Jambo_jim2001

What happened to that player from the English first Division we were going to sign to replace soapy who broke his leg,cannie remember his name🤔

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Batistuta87
43 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I wouldn’t expect to you to know aboyt this as you only found out yesterday about this well known and common rule 😆

Jesus 🥴

Doesn't matter in the slightest when I found out about it or how well known the rule is - the fact is that its a term of the contract that both players and clubs agreed to when they registered with FIFA. They can't just defy it because it doesn't suit them any more. FIFA might grant exceptions in this case, we don't know yet.

Do you say the same about the 2 club rule - where a player is only allowed to play for two clubs in any season? Do you say the same about the transfer window itself where a team can't buy, register and play a new player because the registration window is closed? You can't just go "Ah, **** it, I don't think these rules are legally binding so I'm not going to follow them any more..."!!

Oh, and FYI, the terms and conditions of the players' and clubs' contracts with FIFA, and agreement to their rules of which this is one, ARE legally binding. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Jesus 🥴

Doesn't matter in the slightest when I found out about it or how well known the rule is - the fact is that its a term of the contract that both players and clubs agreed to when they registered with FIFA. They can't just defy it because it doesn't suit them any more. FIFA might grant exceptions in this case, we don't know yet.

Do you say the same about the 2 club rule - where a player is only allowed to play for two clubs in any season? Do you say the same about the transfer window itself where a team can't buy, register and play a new player because the registration window is closed? You can't just go "Ah, **** it, I don't think these rules are legally binding so I'm not going to follow them any more..."!!

Oh, and FYI, the terms and conditions of the players' and clubs' contracts with FIFA, and agreement to their rules of which this is one, ARE legally binding. 

I believe the two club rule is also restriction of trade, as are transfer windows probably. I didn’t say you can go against them though, just that if someone like Bosman decided to take them to court it’s most likely to be scrapped.
Football contracts aren’t really worth the paper they’re written on are they, how many managers, clubs and players break them or tear them up with no legal recourse?

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

What happened to that player from the English first Division we were going to sign to replace soapy who broke his leg,cannie remember his name🤔

Joe Wright, I think he was up training with us to prove his fitness last month but not sure how it progressed. 

Ex member of the SaS
8 hours ago, pointon said:

Walker Jesus Christ another deal 😂😂the same posters will be moaning we are not progressing as a club as well 

Yes Walker, a good squad addition and can change a game ( scores too I heard ) so a one year deal is not out of order when you think we extended a deal for Halliday.

Ps posted this before reading the rest of the thread and the topic was well enough covered there.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

Jambo_jim2001
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Joe Wright, I think he was up training with us to prove his fitness last month but not sure how it progressed. 

Seemed to disappear into the ether,i don't know if he was/is any good.

lost in space
3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yes. Anyone with half a brain can spot the players that are definitely out of the financial reach of Hearts ... 

So, are you asking for someone to help you with this then?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Seemed to disappear into the ether,i don't know if he was/is any good.

They seem quite keen on him, someone will know what the situation is currently. 

Mr Elwood P
36 minutes ago, lost in space said:

So, are you asking for someone to help you with this then?

'Someone' would most definitely not be you!

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

There hasn't been an English First Division for a long long time. I'd imagine he's retired now ...

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hearts have offered training facilities to English defender Joe Wright after pulling out of a deal to sign him last summer.

The former Doncaster Rovers centre-back agreed terms with the Jambos last May as his contract came to an end, but then suffered serious knee and ankle injuries on the final day of the season.

The move collapsed and the 26-year-old has been a free agent for the past eight months as he went through his recovery.

The Gorgie club have now resurrected their interest and have invited him up to Edinburgh to train with them, and try to prove his fitness, reports the Edinburgh Evening News.

However, Rovers are still attempting to tie Wright to a new contract having assisted with his rehabilitation.

A contract was offered last season, but no agreement was reached.

Jambo_jim2001
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

There hasn't been an English First Division for a long long time. I'd imagine he's retired now ...

🙄🙄🤣🤪sorry EFL 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You know what he meant so why the wide comment

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I believe the two club rule is also restriction of trade, as are transfer windows probably. I didn’t say you can go against them though, just that if someone like Bosman decided to take them to court it’s most likely to be scrapped.
Football contracts aren’t really worth the paper they’re written on are they, how many managers, clubs and players break them or tear them up with no legal recourse?

OK mate 😆

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Hearts have offered training facilities to English defender Joe Wright after pulling out of a deal to sign him last summer.

The former Doncaster Rovers centre-back agreed terms with the Jambos last May as his contract came to an end, but then suffered serious knee and ankle injuries on the final day of the season.

The move collapsed and the 26-year-old has been a free agent for the past eight months as he went through his recovery.

The Gorgie club have now resurrected their interest and have invited him up to Edinburgh to train with them, and try to prove his fitness, reports the Edinburgh Evening News.

However, Rovers are still attempting to tie Wright to a new contract having assisted with his rehabilitation.

A contract was offered last season, but no agreement was reached.

Yeah I read that in February and today, it doesn’t really say anything I’ve not condensed into my post earlier on. 

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You know what he meant so why the wide comment

It was a wee joke mate. Remember jokes?

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

It was a wee joke mate. Remember jokes?

yes unfortunately I did not think they were encouraged on here after a recent reply that I made and I did not actually realise yours was a joke apologies

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

yes unfortunately I did not think they were encouraged on here after a recent reply that I made and I did not actually realise yours was a joke apologies

Aye the poor season we're having seems to have created a tense atmosphere on JKB ... (another joke)

p.s. apology accepted.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye the poor season we're having seems to have created a tense atmosphere on JKB ... (another joke)

p.s. apology accepted.

Good all good mate

Batistuta87
18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Aye very good, a bunch of stories about people who disagree with some rules. None of them have been able to actually overturn or change anything though.

Anyone able to do a mock up of Regan Charles Cook in Hearts strip along with Connor Ronan? 

Those two would improve us. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Is he worth half a million ?

Made up fee 👍 wolves would never come out and say how much they directly want for him, nothing to say they don't just let him go like Everton did with Beni, Is Ronan ever going to get a game ahead of Neves etc will certainly need to raise his game to a different level if he's to stay at wolves. 

But that doesn't mean we can't have an attacking midfielder, that we could rotate with mceneff going forward 😉

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Made up fee 👍 wolves would never come out and say how much they directly want for him, nothing to say they don't just let him go like Everton did with Beni, Is Ronan ever going to get a game ahead of Neves etc will certainly need to raise his game to a different level if he's to stay at wolves. 

But that doesn't mean we can't have an attacking midfielder, that we could rotate with mceneff going forward 😉

If Wolves aren't prepared to let him go, it would be good if we could get him on loan with an option to buy.  If his options were to stay at St Mirren on loan, or go to Hearts or Aberdeen on loan, he'd surely much prefer the prospect of European football at Hearts, than fighting for a top 6 place at the other two clubs.

12 hours ago, RobNox said:

If Wolves aren't prepared to let him go, it would be good if we could get him on loan with an option to buy.  If his options were to stay at St Mirren on loan, or go to Hearts or Aberdeen on loan, he'd surely much prefer the prospect of European football at Hearts, than fighting for a top 6 place at the other two clubs.

He will sign for who pays the most wages

Be that the Scottish Premiership or League Two in England 

5 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

He will sign for who pays the most wages

Be that the Scottish Premiership or League Two in England 

Do you think because I would not go near League Two in England if I had offers elsewhere it is a really dreadful league and I am sure he would prefer what is on offer here

I imagine Neilson will be looking closely at how Hunbo and RCC perform against us.  Have read somewhere though that RRC has been attracting interest from English clubs who may well have more financial muscle.

All speculation though.

DR has us tracking two new (un-named) centre backs. Obviously we’ve already decided Sibbick can’t fill Souttars boots.

Id say we’ll switch Kingsley to first choice left back with Halkett and 2 new CB’s fighting it out for 2 places.

Personally I’d make Halkett captain next season. Devlins a future captain IMO but needs to mature a wee bit more first 

Bazzas right boot

I'd take Mikey Johnson.

I think there is a real player there. He's never going to make it at Celtic now and I think if he ends up at Aberdeen or hibs we'll regret it.

Him, RCC and Mckay would be great options for us. I think we could kick start his career like we have for Mckay, he's a good technical player,  but also a bit  younger and more of a goal threat than Mckay.

Maybe he's too celtic for us tho, that seems to be a thing.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

DR has us tracking two new (un-named) centre backs. Obviously we’ve already decided Sibbick can’t fill Souttars boots.

Id say we’ll switch Kingsley to first choice left back with Halkett and 2 new CB’s fighting it out for 2 places.

Personally I’d make Halkett captain next season. Devlins a future captain IMO but needs to mature a wee bit more first 

At the game on Saturday evening, I was in sitting right next to the directors box - Savage was with two new faces - possibly new signings taking in the game 🤷‍♂️ (I didn’t recognise either of them). 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I don't think it's a comment on Sibbick at all tbh, Souttar and Moore will be moving on and we often play 3 at the back. We need those spots covered.

Howdy Doody Jambo
22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'd take Mikey Johnson.

I think there is a real player there. He's never going to make it at Celtic now and I think if he ends up at Aberdeen or hibs we'll regret it.

Him, RCC and Mckay would be great options for us. I think we could kick start his career like we have for Mckay, he's a good technical player,  but also a bit  younger and more of a goal threat than Mckay.

Maybe he's too celtic for us tho, that seems to be a thing.

John Colquhoun signed from Celtic and was one of our best ever signings ever in modern times, I think Johnson would be terrific for us 

1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I don't think it's a comment on Sibbick at all tbh, Souttar and Moore will be moving on and we often play 3 at the back. We need those spots covered.

Agreed. We need two really good CB's. We concede to many shots and goals.

Rick Sanchez

Whilst I'm excited about possible group stage European football, I'm even more excited to see who we can bring in for the adventure.

A few more doors will be open to us I'm sure.

12 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

At the game on Saturday evening, I was in sitting right next to the directors box - Savage was with two new faces - possibly new signings taking in the game 🤷‍♂️ (I didn’t recognise either of them). 

So they could not have been footballers??

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

John Colquhoun signed from Celtic and was one of our best ever signings ever in modern times, I think Johnson would be terrific for us 

Yip.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Is he not a bit injury-prone? Not that that's ever stopped us before, naturally.

Maybe aye, but it might be what is keeping him back from progressing at Celtic as well as their ability to purchase expensive players so he can't ever really get a run.

He's someone who imo will need to move to get game time and I've always liked him.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

So they could not have been footballers??

It's a possibility that Savage was sitting beside non footballers.

Tbh, Probably a few non footballers in attendance at the match.

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Looking for left sided centre backs. That would give us Halkett and Sibbick for the right hand side. Frees up Kingsley for left back. 

31 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Believe we are close to clinching a couple of pre-contract deals. 

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Looking for left sided centre backs. That would give us Halkett and Sibbick for the right hand side. Frees up Kingsley for left back. 

Yup, Robbie has already explained about the two centre backs he is looking for. Having Halkett, Sibbick and two new centre backs certainly provides the depth needed. Throw in right backs of Atkinson and Smith, left backs of Kingsley and Halliday (unless we get another left back) with Craig Gordon in goals (and I suspect another keeper with Ross Stewart) and the defence is sorted.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Neilson said they would be looking for two CHs to make the number up to five as we have now after Moore and Souttar leave. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You’ve been saying for weeks that Sibbick will be playing in midfield next season, more alleged inside info that never plays out in the real world. 
Who tells you all this nonsense?

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, pointon said:

Mikey Johnston would be a superb signing and would be surprised if we are not looking at him

Injury prone, no thanks. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***