*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

17 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

This is what I'm predicting/hoping will happen

Outs - 8 

Woodburn  - loan ends (not offered deal)

Moore - loan ends (not offered deal)

Halliday - contract expires (leaves)

Haring - contract expires (leaves)

Simms - loan ends ( try to renew loan for next season, but fail)

Mceneff - sold to a league 1 team for a small fee.

Ross Stewart - contract expires (leaves)

And obviously Souttar will join the buns in summer.

+ possibly a couple of fringe youth players released.

Ins - 9

Cochrane - signs a pre contract before end of this season.

We then need to recruit probably around 8 more players imo to compete.

Decent back up gk x 1 (strychek at Livi looks not too bad.

Central CH (competition for Halkett) x 1 

LWB x 1 

2 x CM (at least one of them has to be a decent box to box midfielder who chips in with goals)

1 x LW/ LST - Ogashiwa ? Possibly?

2 x Strikers - RCC maybe and another?

RCC isn't a striker mate.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’m surprised that people think Rocky Bashiri is a good player. He has looked like a liability every time I’ve seen him. He looks completely pump.

Meh. He's OK, but he's only OK and there are definitely better defenders in the league, like all of our CBs, Mugabi, Fitzwater etc. 

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Meh. He's OK, but he's only OK and there are definitely better defenders in the league, like all of our CBs, Mugabi, Fitzwater etc. 

I think he looks like a long retired heavyweight boxer playing in the Soccer Aid charity match.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think he looks like a long retired heavyweight boxer playing in the Soccer Aid charity match.

Aye that's not necessarily a bad thing in an SPL defender though haha. He'll win plenty headers, and imagine going into a 50/50 with him haha you'd just bounce off him. 

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye that's not necessarily a bad thing in an SPL defender though haha. He'll win plenty headers, and imagine going into a 50/50 with him haha you'd just bounce off him. 

What have we become as a footballing nation. :( 

Does anyone think Brandon Barker could do a job for us in what remains of this season. Apart from Barrie we don't have anyone whose strength is running at defenders and dragging them out of position. Last time I looked he was a free agent.

1 minute ago, Chillidigits said:

Does anyone think Brandon Barker could do a job for us in what remains of this season. Apart from Barrie we don't have anyone whose strength is running at defenders and dragging them out of position. Last time I looked he was a free agent.

He has never impressed me any time i have seen him playing. He just looks like Ivan Sproule or Mulraney. I wouldn't fancy him at Hearts.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

He has never impressed me any time i have seen him playing. He just looks like Ivan Sproule or Mulraney. I wouldn't fancy him at Hearts.

Yeah I agree these type of players are a hit or a miss. However there's also not many or indeed not any players like that who are available/affordable at the moment. IMO we haven't got much to lose by adding him to the squad.

9 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Yeah I agree these type of players are a hit or a miss. However there's also not many or indeed not any players like that who are available/affordable at the moment. IMO we haven't got much to lose by adding him to the squad.

I just don't think he's as good as Ginelly or McKay. MacKay-Steven is getting shunted out to wingback apparently, and as disappointing as Woodburn has been, I think he's better than Barker. I don't think he'd improve us any.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, bigis semiauskas said:

So much for no more major rebuild every year and just replacing 2 or 3 each window to improve.

This time its more of a positive, as it indicates we're looking to improve and recruit better on the axk of a good season as opposed to recruiting because we've had a shit season. 

One summer window after promotion was never going to complete us. 

Niave in the extreme to think otherwise. 

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just don't think he's as good as Ginelly or McKay. MacKay-Steven is getting shunted out to wingback apparently, and as disappointing as Woodburn has been, I think he's better than Barker. I don't think he'd improve us any.

Out of all the guys you've mentioned only Barrie looks capable of providing the spark we need and it's asking a lot of him to be our only main man in that regard. I'd love the others to do likewise but they've been struggling lately.

Having a player like Barker available gives us another attacking option in midfield , we have enough who are defensively minded.

1 minute ago, Chillidigits said:

Out of all the guys you've mentioned only Barrie looks capable of providing the spark we need and it's asking a lot of him to be our only main man in that regard. I'd love the others to do likewise but they've been struggling lately.

Having a player like Barker available gives us another attacking option in midfield , we have enough who are defensively minded.

Okay. I don't agree personally. 

jamboinglasgow
3 hours ago, Chillidigits said:

Just signed for Reading

18 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just signed for Reading

Ah  was wondering why he was still a free agent . Has probably been playing keepie uppie on a Teneriffe beach since the window closed.

4 hours ago, Chillidigits said:

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Chillidigits said:

A very firm no for me. Was mince for Hibs, mince for PNE, barely kicked a ball in 3yr at Rangers, and the last time he played for them a few weeks ago he was bullied off the ball by anyone he went near. Actually struggling to understand how he ended up at Rangers in the first place to be honest. 

Reading must be pretty desperate, that's all I can say.

Robert Beric, Hal Robson-Kanu, Kazaiah Sterling, Yaya Sonogo, Omar Niasse and Kwang-Hong San (good luck getting him a work permit though) are all without clubs. Kinda baffling that they've signed Barker ahead of going for any of them. 

Edited by Batistuta87

3 hours ago, bigis semiauskas said:

So much for no more major rebuild every year and just replacing 2 or 3 each window to improve.

People are just guessing though. For all anyone knows contracts could be extended and loans renewed or made permanent. I personally think we’ll see a big turnaround again but just an opinion.  

Edited by GinRummy

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

A very firm no for me. Was mince for Hibs, mince for PNE, barely kicked a ball in 3yr at Rangers, and the last time he played for them a few weeks ago he was bullied off the ball by anyone he went near. Actually struggling to understand how he ended up at Rangers in the first place to be honest. 

Robert Beric, Hal Robson-Kanu, Kazaiah Sterling, Yaya Sonogo, Omar Niasse and Kwang-Hong San (good luck getting him a work permit though) are all without clubs. Kinda baffling that they've signed Barker ahead of going for any of them. 

You have to be commended for your knowledge/research👍

8 hours ago, Chillidigits said:

Aye he could check the covid passes ... 

I would rather we had a large turnover of players during every window, if it means we are upgrading more positions in the playing squad each time. I don’t see the benefit in going with weaker players than what is available in the market.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I would rather we had a large turnover of players during every window, if it means we are upgrading more positions in the playing squad each time. I don’t see the benefit in going with weaker players than what is available in the market.

Yip, especially if as a club we are jumping up a level. 

Championship to top flight 

3rd place to European football. 

If we want to compete and stay with the pace as we progress then we need better or we won't progress. 

NB assuming we finish 3rd. 

21 hours ago, Chillidigits said:

Not much of a risk to the end of the season, go win a longer deal. 

Thing is, his move to Rangers made no sense and was an awful career move. I suspect he’ll be miles off what we need. 

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip, especially if as a club we are jumping up a level. 

Championship to top flight 

3rd place to European football. 

If we want to compete and stay with the pace as we progress then we need better or we won't progress. 

NB assuming we finish 3rd. 

Why can this not apply to the management and coaching team ?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, DH1986 said:

Why can this not apply to the management and coaching team ?

We can. 

No one is saying otherwise. 

21 hours ago, bigis semiauskas said:

Theres still some dross to deal with but it’s not as total rebuild as the Levein years. 

Keeper, our back 3, RWB our CMs are all largely sorted. 

Being greedy, I might want a more dynamic CM in a similar mould to Djoum, but we’re good there.

LWB we need to sort and our front 3 needs serious work. 

20 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We can. 

No one is saying otherwise. 

Hopefully this happens in the summer then.

For the sake of further progress and all that…..

Edited by DH1986

Feel sure there are at least two, maybe three players we attempted to get in the last window who may be in a better position to come to us at the end of this season so maybe not a lot of totally fresh targets needed. Players approached in the last window should already be able to fit in to the system we intend to play. Hope Robby gives nothing away as to what that is as we dont want to be easily sussed right at the start of the new season. Really looking forward to next season and this one is far from finished yet.

Pasquale for King

We could do with strengthening in a few positions, a pacy striker of Simms doesn’t extend his deal. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

53 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

Feel sure there are at least two, maybe three players we attempted to get in the last window who may be in a better position to come to us at the end of this season so maybe not a lot of totally fresh targets needed. Players approached in the last window should already be able to fit in to the system we intend to play. Hope Robby gives nothing away as to what that is as we dont want to be easily sussed right at the start of the new season. Really looking forward to next season and this one is far from finished yet.

I know we missed out on our first two attacking targets, one club changed their minds last minute and another club changed their manager.

23 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

...surely you've just made them all up? 😜

work-quit.gif

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

We could do with strengthening in a few positions, a pacy striker of Simms doesn’t extend his deal. 

A pacy striker who can put the ball in the net

30 minutes ago, King prawn said:

A pacy striker who can put the ball in the net

Simms has done it twice already. A bit raw but I like the look of him 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

He’s got himself into some great positions. 5 or 6 times he’s been one on one with the keeper and not scored. Then there was the Stevenson ‘tackle’ that would’ve been a yellow in rugby FFS. 

I'd really like a midfielder in a similar mould to Djoum. I think 2015 Djoum would have thrived in this team. One of our biggest issues atm is forward balls from our midfield 2. Someone as dynamic as him. I think Devlin and Beni are a bit too similar in terms of being very defensive midfielders. Kinda looks like Devlin is being told to be more adventurous but both need to advance the ball far better. We're too predictable and I think a large portion of the blame for that lands on their inability to be creative in possession. Real shame Djoum signed up with that Cypriot team, because a year of Djoum in this team would be perfect. 

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

He gets into good positions but I can think of 3 or 4 good chances he should’ve done better with. He keeps finding himself to the right of the keeper but with an angle that’s far too narrow.

He’s what we needed but so far we’ve played worse with both him and Boyce in the team. 

3 hours ago, OTT said:

I'd really like a midfielder in a similar mould to Djoum. I think 2015 Djoum would have thrived in this team. One of our biggest issues atm is forward balls from our midfield 2. Someone as dynamic as him. I think Devlin and Beni are a bit too similar in terms of being very defensive midfielders. Kinda looks like Devlin is being told to be more adventurous but both need to advance the ball far better. We're too predictable and I think a large portion of the blame for that lands on their inability to be creative in possession. Real shame Djoum signed up with that Cypriot team, because a year of Djoum in this team would be perfect. 

Djoum would’ve been in double digits by the end of the season with us this year. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, OTT said:

Mentioned it a while ago but Djoum and Beni together would be brilliant. 

Do we not have that CB who recently played for Doncaster training with us in search for a contract ? Never heard of him and don’t know how good he is.

21 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Do we not have that CB who recently played for Doncaster training with us in search for a contract ? Never heard of him and don’t know how good he is.

image.thumb.png.7c24d06d25a840cc66ab16e27ac59bf1.png

22 hours ago, OTT said:

Theres still some dross to deal with but it’s not as total rebuild as the Levein years. 

Being greedy, I might want a more dynamic CM in a similar mould to Djoum, but we’re good there.

Have to disagree with this. CG has made more saves than any other GK in the league which suggests to me that we need some defenders in front of him that will stop rival teams' attackers getting into position to force him to make a save so, IMO, we need two new CBs as a priority. 

19 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Have to disagree with this. CG has made more saves than any other GK in the league which suggests to me that we need some defenders in front of him that will stop rival teams' attackers getting into position to force him to make a save so, IMO, we need two new CBs as a priority. 

Would like us to sign a 6'5" brick wall of a defender who can win headers... we really seem to struggle to defend set pieces at times... and at the other end, never seem to threaten (at set pieces ie. corners).

Edited by Rogue Daddy

23 hours ago, OTT said:

Are you sure about the highlighted part?

The minimumm we need is

A (2nd) keeper

LWB

2 x CDs

1 AMF

I striker

1 out and out winger

That is 7 new players.

JS entered the building just over 12 months ago and , off the top of my head,we have signed

Ginnelly, Beni, McKay,McEneff, Devlin, Atkinson,Woodburn, Simms, Cochrane, Stewart (extended),Sibbick, Moore, Gnando, Kastaneer.  If that's not a rebuild it is getting very close and IMO we still need 7!

41 minutes ago, Musemic said:

I think you’ve made a good point. My perspective was that Kingsleys stats are amazing. There was a graph kicking about and he was miles ahead of everyone for defensive stats. Will try and find it later and repost it. Halkett has signed up long term with us and and so has Sibbick so I think Robbie had kind of settled with this back line. Don’t get me wrong, we should always be looking to improve and keep things competitive. 

Another thought I had was that if our front 3 could put away chances quicker and more consistently that would probably help kill games off easier and reduce the volume of shots because we’re a great possession team, we just aren’t converting chances enough which I think in turn allows teams an avenue back into the game - look at Dundee, or the games against Hibs. Chance after chance and we’re wasting most of them. 

The last point im kinda talking out loud but seems to make sense to me. Fundamental point is if you don’t put away your chances you will eventually get punished for it as we have multiple times this season. 

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Are you sure about the highlighted part?

The minimumm we need is

A (2nd) keeper

LWB

2 x CDs

1 AMF

I striker

1 out and out winger

That is 7 new players.

JS entered the building just over 12 months ago and , off the top of my head,we have signed

Ginnelly, Beni, McKay,McEneff, Devlin, Atkinson,Woodburn, Simms, Cochrane, Stewart (extended),Sibbick, Moore, Gnando, Kastaneer.  If that's not a rebuild it is getting very close and IMO we still need 7!

As you correctly stated that's a minimum. We get to 3rd and guaranteed european group competition we will need more than that and doesn't account for anyone leaving that we may not expect to leave.

Does look like quite a big turnaround of players in the summer.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***