*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Cool story. 

Doubt he's gonna be in goals and  suddenly think" oh a butterfly" and go and chase it while the opposition pops the ball into a a empty net. 

**** me, some on here will have him in nappy and eating baby food soon. 

I know you think that was a clever reply mate but it totally high lights your simplicity and ignorance when discussing things of a depth that would require even the smallest mouse to wear wellies 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Cool story. 

Doubt he's gonna be in goals and  suddenly think" oh a butterfly" and go and chase it while the opposition pops the ball into a a empty net. 

**** me, some on here will have him in nappy and eating baby food soon. 

Perhaps some folk have noticed the quite quick deterioration in Alan McGregor ?

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

This.  The dafty tims let him go for heehaw in favour of £5m signing Varkas, who has been a disaster for them.  :rofl:

Quite a few jungle Jim’s have remarked to me that it has been a real face palm moment for them and hissed through clenched teeth “ he wiz eye wayz gonnae come back tae yeez “ 😄

John Findlay
49 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

We could spend literally millions and not get a goalkeeper half as good as Craig Gordon, the day he hangs his gloves up is the day all Hearts fans are  dreading.

Craig Gordon will be irreplaceable I’m afraid, the guy who is signed to replace CG doesn’t have a chance 

We used to say the same about Jim Cruikshank. If you want to know how good he was. Ex player Jim Brown couldn't give me an answer when I asked who he thought was the best between the two, couldn't decide.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Perhaps some folk have noticed the quite quick deterioration in Alan McGregor ?

Perhaps. 

Another cool story. 

Boyces beard
15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm not sure Stone is next in line.

Liam McFarlane?

Stone is a couple of years older and is further ahead in his development.

Bazzas right boot

Craig Gordon. 

21/22- player of the season for the entire league. 

Ages 1 year... 

22/23- cannae concentrate, slow reactions, body can't handle 3 games a week. 

At that rate- I hate to see the knick of the poor  bloke the year after... Sitting, sucking his thumb while he rolls about in his own excrement waiting to be fed through a tube as he's almost 42 and is stuck in a retirement home waiting to die not knowing what day it is. 

Rocky jamboa

Has anyone seen Harry Stone play? Always been highly rated but not seen anything of him. Any good? Is he ready for playing maybe 10 or 15 games next season to give Gordon a break?

23 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Underwhelming week on the transfer front then 

Can't see us unveiling a signing until we are back from Spain 

Thinking the same mate.

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

We could spend literally millions and not get a goalkeeper half as good as Craig Gordon, the day he hangs his gloves up is the day all Hearts fans are  dreading.

Craig Gordon will be irreplaceable I’m afraid, the guy who is signed to replace CG doesn’t have a chance 

Celtic certainly did :D 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
57 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Craig Gordon. 

Ages 1 year... 

At that rate- I hate to see the knick of the poor  bloke the year after... Sitting, sucking his thumb while he rolls about in his own excrement waiting to be fed through a tube as he's almost 42 and is stuck in a retirement home waiting to die not knowing what day it is. 

Cool story 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Craig Gordon. 

Ages 1 year... 

Not one single person said that. You are always spoiling for a fight.

You are now arguing that reactions don't slow as one ages. An idiotic point.

Maybe not this season, maybe not the one after. But it's a stone cold fact, reactions do slow with age.

Mr Elwood P

Perhaps. 

Another cool story. 

Craig Gordon. 

Ages 1 year... 

Hopefully doesn't deteriorate as quickly as your 'content' on here. Abysmal stuff recently.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hopefully doesn't deteriorate as quickly as your 'content' on here. Abysmal stuff recently.

Quite sure it's everyone else, we are all stupid and only BRB gets it. Visionary!

KyleLafferty
21 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Maybe not this season, maybe not the one after. But it's a stone cold fact, reactions do slow with age.

He’s constantly looking for an argument with smart arse replies.

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

He’s constantly looking for an argument with smart arse replies.

You would understand that if he was actually smart with those comments but he is not …………… I totally struggle with his idiotic spam

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

More spaced out games last year, another year older. Playing 3 games a week with plenty travelling. Plus we need to start looking to the future.

You’re forgetting he’ll be getting an extra 4-5 weeks off at Christmas this year. We definitely need a competent number 2 in pronto. But there is absolutely no indication Craigs levels are dropping. In fact quite the opposite. 

2 hours ago, bazman said:

Has been out injured since March with a hamstring injury

2 hours ago, bazman said:

Has been out injured since March with a hamstring injury

This guy is fast becoming mythical by kickback standards 

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, db211833 said:

No I'm not, I'm over exaggerating the  horrific and quite frankly silly notion that he'll  suddenly be slower next season to the extent he needs replaced or that old he suddenly can't play continuous games for us whe he was Litterally voted the best player in the league the  season past. 

Someone else also made a terrible and daft  generalisation about older folk and their concentration / reactions. What that has to do with CG and next season is anyone's guess? 

Will he be slower at 50 than he was at 20? - yes. No one is argueing that. 

Will he be in decline from 39- 40 to the extent he needs replaced( lack of concentration and reactions)? Na. 

Is replacing him with a 20 year old going to improve us in the gk position, just because they may be  younger and may have quicker reactions? - no. 

It's a theme that is apparent on most threads recently. 

Bit silly really. 

It would be good to have a promising and better back up GK,  but CG will still be our number one next season despite his  apparent loss of concentration and reactions due to him ageing. 🙄

We should get poppadom hands again, he's younger and not in terminal decline. 

He's really fast in reacting, he gets out the way of the flight path of the ball in a flash. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Boyces beard said:

Stone is a couple of years older and is further ahead in his development.

It's ability that counts, not age.

Howdy Doody Jambo

When Craig Gordon hangs up the gloves 🧤 on a rusty old nail for the last time hopefully in another 10 year or so it will be like Frank Sinnatra leaving the stage and being replaced with right said Fred or Sha waddy waddy or that level 

CG1 is One of the World's best keeper's and we are so lucky to have him at the club as he could easily be playing in the EPL 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Quite sure it's everyone else, we are all stupid and only BRB gets it. Visionary!

Not everybody. 

A good few tho. 

Boyces beard
Just now, JamboAl said:

It's ability that counts, not age.

Hmm i thought the further ahead in his development covered that bud, but for clarity Stone is quite a bit ahead of McFarlane ability wise also.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not everybody. 

A good few tho. 

Except again you missed the point for a wee bit of your own Drama Queen pish....or did you?

1 minute ago, Boyces beard said:

Hmm i thought the further ahead in his development covered that bud, but for clarity Stone is quite a bit ahead of McFarlane ability wise also.

That's good to hear.

1 hour ago, Spookie said:

Underwhelming week on the transfer front then 

Can't see us unveiling a signing until we are back from Spain 

Lot of shite if a player signs they'll be over there for the game on Thursday - I'd imagine Jorge Grant and Cochrane have already done all that at Oriam and it's just paperwork  

34 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not everybody. 

A good few tho. 

I think you are on your own thinking Gordon can play on until his 70s.

He isn’t one of Noah’s sons.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Gordon isn’t going to fall apart next season. But in an ideal world we should have a second choice keeper who we can play in a few bottom 6 type games.

Craig may be able to play for another 3 years but not if he plays 50 games each season.

Only a fool would say otherwise:

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

What a bizarre last couple of pages. What is so weird about bored fans discussing the succession planning around our almost 40 year old keeper? 😄

i wish jj was my dad

A Jamie Mac type and the two young laddies would do me for now. Unless we spend stupid money losing #1 for any length of time would be a disaster so just have to keep our fingers crossed that he can continue for now and be prepared to spend big when the time comes 

Dick Dastardly
10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Gordon isn’t going to fall apart next season. But in an ideal world we should have a second choice keeper who we can play in a few bottom 6 type games.

Craig may be able to play for another 3 years but not if he plays 50 games each season.

Only a fool would say otherwise:

I totally agree about having a keeper that can slot in and play against the bottom clubs. It's just helping to ensure our best player can stay injury free and playing for a few more years. I would expect him to play most games but there will be chances to rest him IF he have an able deputy. Playing 2/3 games a week just increases his chance of injury in the long term. 

I would like to see a better back up keeper signed.

I still think Craig Gordon will be our first choice keeper for a few seasons more.

bobby bombscare

It appears to have all kicked off.. BRB must be visiting 😂

In all seriousness, I don't think CG will suddenly not be able to play all the games he did last season but with the extra games plus international duty, he may want a few games off as the first half of the season is going to be the busiest it has been in years. So backup keepers will defo play more games next season and I'm not sure that Stewart is the answer.

With that being the case, I think signing a GK under say 25 wouldn't be a bad option as you could get someone if decent quality/potential who also is happy to learn from a keeper of CG'S quality. The club will likely know when he is planning to retire and they will also probably have him in as a coach off the back of that (or even player/coach, as GK is one of the few places that works) 

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

We used to say the same about Jim Cruikshank. If you want to know how good he was. Ex player Jim Brown couldn't give me an answer when I asked who he thought was the best between the two, couldn't decide.

Cruicky was my first Hearts hero but Craig Gordon surpasses him in my eyes anyway.

10 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I would like to see a better back up keeper signed.

I still think Craig Gordon will be our first choice keeper for a few seasons more.

This.

Watt-Zeefuik
16 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

A Jamie Mac type and the two young laddies would do me for now. Unless we spend stupid money losing #1 for any length of time would be a disaster so just have to keep our fingers crossed that he can continue for now and be prepared to spend big when the time comes 

I trust the director and the manager on this but getting Jamma back would be an outstanding bit of business IMO. Solid shot stopper and fully good enough to pick up some league and league cup work around our European schedule, plus the very large sentimental factor. He was one of our best players in that admin year, and remains a cup winning hero.

3 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I trust the director and the manager on this but getting Jamma back would be an outstanding bit of business IMO. Solid shot stopper and fully good enough to pick up some league and league cup work around our European schedule, plus the very large sentimental factor. He was one of our best players in that admin year, and remains a cup winning hero.

He plays regular football at raith id imagine he would prefer that than bench warming

20 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Cruicky was my first Hearts hero but Craig Gordon surpasses him in my eyes anyway.

Cruicky was a really good goalie who should have won far more caps compared with his peer group but Craig Gordon is on a different level. 

Edited by Paris 84

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, The Maroon Pound said:

When Craig Gordon hangs up the gloves 🧤 on a rusty old nail for the last time hopefully in another 10 year or so it will be like Frank Sinnatra leaving the stage and being replaced with right said Fred or Sha waddy waddy or that level 

CG1 is One of the World's best keeper's and we are so lucky to have him at the club as he could easily be playing in the EPL 

Agreed 

Dick Dastardly
7 minutes ago, bazman said:

He plays regular football at raith id imagine he would prefer that than bench warming

We could maybe tempt him back with other incentives. We could put him through his training courses, get him working with the young keepers. Learning from him and Gordon would be great for Stone and Macfarlane. Of course he might not be interested but it could be worth a shot. 

Put a wee bid in for Liam Kelly. 

Will cause unrest as Kelly will want to join Hearts. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

17 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I would go for this too. Cheap and cheerful, has worked with Gordon before and knows the league. It would be great to see a 2012 hero making his return to the club too. 

Simple question, is he a better keeper than Ross Stewart. 100 million times yes. Stewart couldn't even keep a clean sheet for 5 ****ing minutes. You get someone with a bit of experience that has played at this level before and can manage the atmosphere and expectation. Its a no brainer. 

IMO but for the points deduction in 2013, MacDonalds form would have kept us up and I think its a damn shame he wasn't kept on following Budgement day. 

Clark Griswold
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Put a wee bid in for Liam Kelly. 

Will cause unrest as Kelly will want to join Hearts. 

No thanks. 

We need two solid goalkeepers. 

Gordon, Kelly or someone else like that. 

Jamma can be third choice and b team. 

Stone goes out on loan and gets game time. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***