• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I doubt he will be on much just now though. Do you think Gordon will be able to play two games a week for a long spell? I hope so but he could be rested for a few games

na - I just mean if DUFC offer the same money then he may prefer playing week in week out.

craig -is fit as a fiddle.  Consummate professional.  I expect another 3/4 seasons

Edited by kingantti1874

The Old Tolbooth
15 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Funny, I have a different take. Not one I would be desperate to get in a battle for, only winners are player and agent. We did well last year avoiding that, think we will go the same path this year, if they dont care for our offer......

Yeah I agree with that, however I think the main point was that fans are as fickle as they come (myself included haha!), and now that it looks like he's going to the sheep, all of a sudden he's shite. :D 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Yeah I agree with that, however I think the main point was that fans are as fickle as they come (myself included haha!), and now that it looks like he's going to the sheep, all of a sudden he's shite. :D 

Aye, I know, he scores some wonder goals, no doubt, always looks good on a reel, he's not shite in my view, but nor would I be spunking even 300k let alone 500k, we have done ok in alternative markets, hopefully can do again

6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Was expecting a busy week of transfer news, a bit surprised we've not actually announced anything

It sounds like Cochrane and Grant are both fairly close just all the twoing and frowing between agents clubs etc to sort out and finalise according to Robbie in an article I read earlier.

It also sounded very much like we have not spoken to or made an offer for Shankland. Robbie said he is an admirer of the player but they have not made any offer.

He also said that Boyce was going nowhere.

Edited by wavydavy

Rick Sanchez
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

na - I just mean if DUFC offer the same money then he may prefer playing week in week out.

craig -is fit as a fiddle.  Consummate professional.  I expect another 3/4 seasons

Love your optimism mate. I reckon next season will be his last.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Need a keeper badly, Craig Gordon isn’t playing 50 times next year no chance.

The more games he plays, the more miles, the more chance of injury, the shorter his extended time. Like Rangers did with McGregor someone to take 15 games off would be beneficial long term

Rogue Daddy
9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You would think we were just trolling them now 😄 

🤣...took their manager, looks like we may get their (used to be) £1mill striker, signed their up-and-coming young central defender, now after their transfer targets.. we definitely like pushing them to their limits/walks! Top trolling indeed!🤣

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣...took their manager, looks like we may get their (used to be) £1mill striker, signed their up-and-coming young central defender, now after their transfer targets.. we definitely like pushing them to their limits/walks! Top trolling indeed!🤣

We also took 10 points off them, our top haul, despite playing them 3 times at their own ground 😉

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

We also took 10 points off them, our top haul, despite playing them 3 times at their own ground 😉

👌 SWEET!

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Tough for us to sign a keeper unless on daft money. They know they won’t be playing much

I'd like to think we could play an alternative keeper maybe 10-15 times over a season. 

With the B team set up it's also easy to slip in and out as well. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

31 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

What makes you say that? Played 56 times last season. Zero injuries.

10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'd like to think we could play an alternative keeper maybe 10-15 times over a season. 

With the B team set up it's also easy to slip in and out as well. :oohmatron:

Rick Sanchez
23 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Why?

He won't see out his contract IMO. He'll wake up one day and he'll know when his aches and pains are getting too much.

He might try for the next Euros though.

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He seems in demand as well, so hopefully he is an upgrade 

on hibs books as a youngster.

would add to the hilarity if he developed into a top keeper for us that they'd let get away.

Not read the whole thread take it take the Japanese guy Ogashiwa we were interested in January is a no goer 

KyleLafferty
22 minutes ago, DS98 said:

What makes you say that? Played 56 times last season. Zero injuries.

More spaced out games last year, another year older. Playing 3 games a week with plenty travelling. Plus we need to start looking to the future.

54 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Love your optimism mate. I reckon next season will be his last.

No chance.

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Agree. That's why we need 2 in every position. 

7 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Not read the whole thread take it take the Japanese guy Ogashiwa we were interested in January is a no goer 

Has been out injured since March with a hamstring injury

4 minutes ago, bazman said:

Ok thanks for the update 

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

More spaced out games last year, another year older. Playing 3 games a week with plenty travelling. Plus we need to start looking to the future.

Don't think Craig's replacement will be the one who will be happy to sit in reserve for a year or two.

Reckon we get a good back up until he calls it a day and then we have to buy in a quality replacement because., with the best will in the world, we cannot be throwing Stone in as our #1 without him proving himself over a couple of seasons elsehwere.

7 minutes ago, bazman said:

He played most of his games as an attacking midfielder so I would think grant would fit that bill now

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Don't think Craig's replacement will be the one who will be happy to sit in reserve for a year or two.

Reckon we get a good back up until he calls it a day and then we have to buy in a quality replacement because., with the best will in the world, we cannot be throwing Stone in as our #1 without him proving himself over a couple of seasons elsehwere.

We did with craig

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We could spend literally millions and not get a goalkeeper half as good as Craig Gordon, the day he hangs his gloves up is the day all Hearts fans are  dreading.

Craig Gordon will be irreplaceable I’m afraid, the guy who is signed to replace CG doesn’t have a chance 

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I would love another 3 or 4 seasons from Gordon. Might be a good idea to give him a few games off every season to help extend his career. 

jamboinglasgow

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-explain-plans-for-jaden-ferguson-as-former-celtic-forward-joins-on-trial-3743651

Article in the Evening News talking about Jayden/Jaden (seen it both ways) Ferguson. He is on trial as someone the B team are looking at. Robbie says there will be a few signings for the B team and expect to have a few players come in on trial for that.

Dick Dastardly
38 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

on hibs books as a youngster.

would add to the hilarity if he developed into a top keeper for us that they'd let get away.

Something else to rub in their toothless faces

Dick Dastardly
9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-explain-plans-for-jaden-ferguson-as-former-celtic-forward-joins-on-trial-3743651

Article in the Evening News talking about Jayden/Jaden (seen it both ways) Ferguson. He is on trial as someone the B team are looking at. Robbie says there will be a few signings for the B team and expect to have a few players come in on trial for that.

I read that earlier. I wasn't sure if it meant that he had signed when Neilson said he was staying with the B team. Also looks like Naismith is running the B team, although that could just be in the interim 

AlphonseCapone
39 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I thought that was strange too

I'm on the, that was a weird comment, train too. 

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

He's a goal keeper, not doing 12 hour shifts 6 days a week down the mines. 

We could do with another good or promising gk but CG isn't ready for retiring yet. 

He'd manage 3 games just fine. 

He'll likely give up international football first if he was feeling the strains of a full season. 

When he does that the timer is out on his club career. 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

We could do with another good or promising gk but CG isn't ready for retiring yet. 

He'll likely give up international football first if he was feeling the strains of a full season. 

I kinda agree. I suppose there must be some confidence in Stone as it looks like to me that he’ll play in the B team and maybe get a couple of outings this season depending on progress. 

I’d rather have a genuine 2nd choice that can push Gordon a bit harder than Stewart has tbh though. 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I read that earlier. I wasn't sure if it meant that he had signed when Neilson said he was staying with the B team. Also looks like Naismith is running the B team, although that could just be in the interim 

I thought that at first, but afterwards he says that Naismith will be evaluating him, so still a trial. But I suspect considering he has already had a trial with us late last season that he will probably sign.

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Concentration levels and reactions drop as we get older 

bringonthesevco
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Only for us mere mortals, Gods can go forever .....

52 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Not mentioned this window, I don't know if we were ever really interested or whether it was his agent trying to alert Celtic by using our name. 

Either way, he is the type of player we are missing. The boy looked rapid. 

44 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'm not sure Stone is next in line.

Liam McFarlane?

Backup keeper seems like a really difficult position to fill because you have to go for either up and coming keepers or veteran types not bothered about starting.

Say we went for Zander Clarke (as an example) he's not exactly going to want to sit on the bench most weeks whereas Harry Stone, up and coming, really needs game time.

Don't envy Robbie trying to fill that position at all.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Tough for us to sign a keeper unless on daft money. They know they won’t be playing much

Offer them a reverse appearance bonus?

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Cool story. 

Doubt he's gonna be in goals and  suddenly think" oh a butterfly" and go and chase it while the opposition pops the ball into a a empty net. 

**** me, some on here will have him in nappy and eating baby food soon. 

scott herbertson
Just now, CMc said:

Offer them a reverse appearance bonus?

Pretty hard to make saves

Not sure it will catch on, though maybe that Australian keeper will try it?

42 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

We could spend literally millions and not get a goalkeeper half as good as Craig Gordon, the day he hangs his gloves up is the day all Hearts fans are  dreading.

Craig Gordon will be irreplaceable I’m afraid, the guy who is signed to replace CG doesn’t have a chance 

This.  The dafty tims let him go for heehaw in favour of £5m signing Varkas, who has been a disaster for them.  :rofl:

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***