*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

davemclaren
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’d rather we had Conan than Aberdeen because we know Goodwin can get a tune out of him in a crap team.

On other matters - Robbie will be keeping things under wraps but I bet him and the coaches are disappointed they didn’t get the 2 or 3 rumoured/expected additional signings over the line this week before leaving for Spain today. He will hope for movement quickly I am sure because having as many new players as possible in a foreign training camp is the best foundation for new players bonding and gelling with what they need to bond and gel with.

We can’t buy every good player unfortunately. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Leveins Battalion
25 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He did play against other teams except Hearts which is absolutely mental to be fair

I get that,but i can't recall sitting on the supporters bus after playing them and everybody saying what a player,especially one that would cost £500 k.What i can remember is him getting called a prick for his tackle on Benni and his sending off resulting in the easiest game we have had in Paisley that i can recall.

Aye he scored a couple of crackers,but so did Dougie Imrie.😂

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Not sure if that's aimed at me, but my post was more about there's no reason for fans to panic as the club know exactly what they are doing and know how to handle the time pressures. Just in case it came across like I was saying we should abandon targets and move on.

Wasn't aimed at you mate 👍

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Have the sheep actually signed Ronan or are we just reacting to comedy daves twitter

No but their Chairman was exchanging tweets with a fan and suggesting that if they get him then it would cap a wonderful week for them with their signings.

Read into that what you will.

Edited by wavydavy

Batistuta87
45 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

When I lived in England i remember playing for my school team and there was a boy in the opposition wearing a pair of those. He started poncing around, doing all these tricks and turns trying to look like the superstar. I eventually had enough and went through him. He spent the rest of the game playing hide and seek 😂

Haha superb. I was a Lampard - couldn't do many tricks but I could take it past my man, had a powerful shot, and could ping passes around pretty accurately. I probably should have worn Nike Tiempos or something like that lol. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

No but their Chairman was exchanging tweets with a fan and suggesting that if they get him then it would cap a wonderful week for them with their signings.

Read into that what you will.

If Grant comes in, as looks likely really not sure where Ronan fits, though I read RN today saying he is looking for multiple 10's. I'd love to see more 9's, 5 weeks away now from day 1, 8 weeks to Europe and around 10 to window closing, I daresay I will need to wait until week 9 at least

hmfc_liam06

Someone mentioned Liam Delap earlier. Think we can safely put that to bed.

Brighton are interested in Manchester City forward Liam Delap and could explore signing the 19-year-old on loan as part of talks with the Premier League champions regarding the sale of Spain defender Marc Cucurella, 23.

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

If Grant comes in, as looks likely really not sure where Ronan fits, though I read RN today saying he is looking for multiple 10's. I'd love to see more 9's, 5 weeks away now from day 1, 8 weeks to Europe and around 10 to window closing, I daresay I will need to wait until week 9 at least

he would replace Mceneff IMO. We’d also look to move GMS out I’d imagine

UchesPackage
10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Haha superb. I was a Lampard - couldn't do many tricks but I could take it past my man, had a powerful shot, and could ping passes around pretty accurately. I probably should have worn Nike Tiempos or something like that lol. 

must of had a unreal career , how many Scotland caps you get ?

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Someone mentioned Liam Delap earlier. Think we can safely put that to bed.

Think he’s split up with the Edinburgh bird anyway. 

Selfish from her not doing us a solid turn tbh. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Would agree, some upgrades in that area would be useful, whilst decluttering simultaneously

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, UchesPackage said:

must of had a unreal career , how many Scotland caps you get ?

Can't shut the cupboard for them mate. 

The Old Tolbooth

Ffs, I hadn't checked this thread since around 10am, there were over 120 new posts and I got all excited, and still nowt! :( 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Ffs, I hadn't checked this thread since around 10am, there were over 120 new posts and I got all excited, and still nowt! :( 

Boring Friday for most I reckon. you learn how to skim the thread in time though.

3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To put things into perspective, this time last year we had only made the loans of Stewart and Ginnelly permanent. Before the start of the League cup games we had only added Cochrane, and then before the start of the league season we had signed Beni. 

This season it looks like we will have at least 5 players signed before the end of June.

In addition to that, most seasons when we bring someone in later on in the window they are behind us in terms of fitness due to Scotland starting a week or two before other leagues, this year players coming in that aren’t free agents will have been doing pre-season with their current clubs due to the World Cup meaning everyone starting earlier this year so if we do bring in players late in the window they should already be up to full fitness

Rick Sanchez

This is not said through maroon tinted specs but I cannot for the life of me see why anyone would choose Aberdeen over Heart of Midlothian. Even for an extra couple of hundred a week. It's bewildering if it happens.

Absolutely embarrassing to see Boyce being linked with them.

The_razors_edge
32 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

If my memory serves me correct Paulo Di Canio used to wear those boots when he played for Celtic. I think that’s why they caught my attention during that game. Some wee twat pretending to be Paulo and the maroon mist descended 🤣

1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

Not fussed about Ronan. 
Never been that impressed with him. 

Oh here we go. Decent player we’d like, takes a peek in another shops window and suddenly he’s shite

KyleLafferty

Ronan is decent, not sure who he would play over though? Would be good in rotation but he’s probably guaranteed first team football at Aberdeen whilst he won’t be at us.

37 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yes both disappointing.

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Oh here we go. Decent player we’d like, takes a peek in another shops window and suddenly he’s shite

Never said he was shite 🤦🏻😂

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Ronan is decent, not sure who he would play over though? Would be good in rotation but he’s probably guaranteed first team football at Aberdeen whilst he won’t be at us.

by all accounts we were the preferred destination given European fixtures.  I think he would play tbh

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

One of my pals at the airport for a flight this morning….obviously Boycie is away to Spain

D1D5B0A8-A72C-4185-947E-1EBFA3A9CB09.jpeg

Here are more taken by someone else on twitter

Rogue Daddy
1 hour ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

One of my pals at the airport for a flight this morning….obviously Boycie is away to Spain

Oooooft.... no sure about the black socks wi shorts! 😳

Ainsley Harriott
2 hours ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

You pals with 13 year olds?

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Apart from Ronans wondergoal against us i cannot remember him doing anything else apart from getting sent off.

This 

Naisys Tackle
31 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Happens all the time.

In the same way sell Boyce for £1.5-£2m but dont pay over the odds for Shankland and tell the club to bolt for wanting too much money for someone the paid £1m for. 

12 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This 

I’d argue his goal against Rangers was better than the one against us.

gorgieheart

so apart from bizarre ITK point scoring and general bitching at each other, are we any closer to signing anyone...

mind we need to hurry, get the fingers oot n aww that...

this place really is an utter slaverfest at times

:muggy:

8 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

I’d argue his goal against Rangers was better than the one against us.

His one against Aberdeen was a beauty as well. So apart from those, 8 goals in total and 5 assists from midfield for a rotten St Mirren team he never done very much.

34 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Here are more taken by someone else on twitter

McCulloch is going to be furious when he finds out Halkett has stolen his dentures

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

On the radio up here that Aberdeen have no interest in Boyce. 

Goodwin also confirmed they ain't interested 

indianajones
3 minutes ago, gov said:

Goodwin also confirmed they ain't interested 

Aye it was Cannywin saying it sorry. 

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

McCulloch is going to be furious when he finds out Halkett has stolen his dentures

Is Halks morphing in to Jason Manford!?!?!

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

That's exactly what I thought too when I read it :lol: 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

That's exactly what I thought too when I read it :lol: 

Funny, I have a different take. Not one I would be desperate to get in a battle for, only winners are player and agent. We did well last year avoiding that, think we will go the same path this year, if they dont care for our offer......

Dick Dastardly
7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I feel a walk coming on.

They will be knackered by the end of the window 

45 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Unless they sign soon it'd be a bit pointless in Cochrane or anyone else travelling out to Spain.

Maybe  they are joining the squad out there today.

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Thank feck we're looking at another keeper!

He seems in demand as well, so hopefully he is an upgrade 

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Tough for us to sign a keeper unless on daft money. They know they won’t be playing much

I doubt he will be on much just now though. Do you think Gordon will be able to play two games a week for a long spell? I hope so but he could be rested for a few games

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He seems in demand as well, so hopefully he is an upgrade 

I would be an upgrade

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***