*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

9 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Suspect this got lost during moderation of my first post so I'll just repost it here.

You're going to loooooove Kye Rowles.

Look forward to seeing him in Maroon

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Dick Dastardly
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hopefully they've taken travel adapters. Be awkward otherwise.

Sorted

IMG_20220624_082824.jpg

Robbie playing down the Shankland stuff. Take that with a pinch of salt. Wise thing to say

Dick Dastardly

Mohamed Shaker? Rw/rb/cf. One assist all season till the relegation round and then 6 goals and 4 assists in 7 games. 

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

This could be a long day...🙄

My thumb is gonna ache from refreshing newsnow every minute or so... 

jimmy the jambo
8 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Eli Dasa??

If only - he’s been awesome when I’ve seen him,not many players put Andy Robertson on toast,he does easily 

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

This could be a long day...🙄

Suppose we should expect this by now

we are notoriously slow in getting signings in 

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Eli Dasa??

Out of contract, but I’d guess beyond our reach 

Edited by kingantti1874

10 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Robbie playing down the Shankland stuff. Take that with a pinch of salt. Wise thing to say

Reading between the lines, Maybe to reassure boyce that he is still the main striker?

Салатные палочки
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Suppose we should expect this by now

we are notoriously slow in getting signings in 

I know. We only have over two months until the window closes. 

1 minute ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Reading between the lines, Maybe to reassure boyce that he is still the main striker?

Boyce Knows that anyway. I think its to put other clubs off, and play equal hardball with his club. Think it will happen

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Yeh but we need to have players registered in time for European games 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

When’s the cut off? 

Салатные палочки
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I trust the management team know that. Should we adopt Hibs' scattergun signing policy just to appease impatient fans or should we take our time and try to get the right type of players in? 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Out of contract, but I’d guess beyond our reach 

Not saying we’re even interested in this particular guy, but I was hoping we’d get at least one or two ‘marquee’ signings. Of the more modest variety - as someone said further up, of the Stephane Mahe ilk. Players who will take us up a level and have European 

experience.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

Not saying we’re even interested in this particular guy, but I was hoping we’d get at least one or two ‘marquee’ signings. Of the more modest variety - as someone said further up, of the Stephane Mahe ilk. Players who will take us up a level and have European 

experience.

agreed.  

Heartsofgold

Would take Eli Dasa in a heart beat (pun 100% intended).

I've been impressed every time I have seen him play against Scotland, which is a few times over the past few years.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
9 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Suspect this got lost during moderation of my first post so I'll just repost it here.

You're going to loooooove Kye Rowles.

Thanks for the update, and I hope we end up as excited by him as you are👍

Certainly seems to be a great prospect.

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Hardly groundbreaking news 

😂😂 When he said he wanted to check on some details he obviously meant he was going to check Football Scotland before posting. Bloody chancer

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

😂😂 When he said he wanted to check on some details he obviously meant he was going to check Football Scotland before posting. Bloody chancer

Seems to be the same story each day regurgitated by a different source. I suspect we are posturing a bit on the Shankland one so they don't rip the hole out of it with the fee. They will know they have a player that wants to come back to Scotland. Suspect this one will get over the line soon. 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Yeah, made it sound like there was some unknown big transfer. Still backs my view that its pure clickbait.

Heartsofgold
5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Agreed, hardly earth shattering news but then he has to get clicks on his Twitter feed to keep the subscribers and ad men happy.

Its official, the 4th official is unofficial.

What a loadapish!

Learn more on here.

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Seems to be the same story each day regurgitated by a different source. I suspect we are posturing a bit on the Shankland one so they don't rip the hole out of it with the fee. They will know they have a player that wants to come back to Scotland. Suspect this one will get over the line soon. 

I'm not so sure, but we will find out in due course. 

23 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

And have only signed Forrest Neilson and Rowles

Dick Dastardly
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah, made it sound like there was some unknown big transfer. Still backs my view that its pure clickbait.

4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Agreed, hardly earth shattering news but then he has to get clicks on his Twitter feed to keep the subscribers and ad men happy.

I wonder if anyone is stupid enough to pay him on patreon?!

6 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

He should have just made something up. Michael Smith to Aberdeen. There. That would do us nicely for about 25 pages on here!

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Neilson has pretty much confirmed Cochrane and Grant will join too, so that's 5 signings with a week still to go in June. We aren't exactly asleep at the wheel.

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

6 weeks till our first meaningful game. Be concerned about this when it’s 6 days.

And then, when we’ve completed our business by 30th July, you’ll have the whole of August to greet about no one else coming in 

Edited by JimmyCant

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

He should have just made something up. Michael Smith to Aberdeen. There. That would do us nicely for about 25 pages on here!

I would have gone for Craig Gordon to Werder Bremen, just for giggles 

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

6 weeks till our first meaningful game. Be concerned about this when it’s 6 days.

And then, when we’ve completed our business by 30th July, you’ll have the whole of August to greet about no one else coming in 

To put things into perspective, this time last year we had only made the loans of Stewart and Ginnelly permanent. Before the start of the League cup games we had only added Cochrane, and then before the start of the league season we had signed Beni. 

This season it looks like we will have at least 5 players signed before the end of June.

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I don't know why medical or admin staff would have to go early. Seems a bit strange to me too, but then I've never been on or organised a pre season training camp so my knowledge is very limited lol. 

Of course they'll need to be there ahead of the team lol - its not pigeon racing where you just open the hatch and let them go - there's a hell of a lot of planning that'll go into this sort of thing. The players will just show up with their wee Gucci toilet bags in their hands and everything else will be done for them. Staff will have been there for at least a few days taking care of absolutely everything from renting/collecting/setting up medical equipment and stuff like that, right down to inflating footballs and making sure Barrie McKay's flip flops are in his room lol. 

Listen to Peter Crouch's podcast for some insight into this side of football. He said he could literally turn up to a pre-season tour with the clothes on his back and everything would be sorted for him - from passports/visas, transport, accommodation, meals, clothes, underwear, socks, toiletries, medication/supplements, kit, boots, trainers, even things like sunglasses, phone chargers, stuff for making coffee, for mixing energy drinks blah blah blah... The kit man and staff would have absolutely everything he and any other player needed. We won't be quite as silver service as that but we won't be far off. 

Edited by Batistuta87

The Wrinkly Ninja
8 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Why would Neilson state no bid has been made?shanklands club have stated the same.

Shanklands club said no ‘official’ bid has been made. That in no way rules out that negotiations on fee have not taken place.

As for RN. I would trust your info on transfers before I trust what RN chooses to tell the press to the point that I’m not really sure why the press continue to ask him. He is serially evasive to rag journalists and uses them to feign ambivalence all the time.

Its no coincidence that he shrugs his shoulders and says we don’t really want Shankland a couple of days after their spokespersons comments.

Pretty sure we want Shankland, pretty sure we know that he would move, pretty sure we have spoken to his club, pretty sure they would sell him. Everything that has been in the press this week is down to them trying to get a higher price and us trying to pay what we think he is worth.

Edited by The Wrinkly Ninja

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Of course they'll need to be there ahead of the team lol - its not pigeon racing where you just open the hatch and let them go - there's a hell of a lot of planning that'll go into this sort of thing. The players will just show up with their wee Gucci toilet bags in their hands and everything else will be done for them. Staff will have been there for at least a few days taking care of absolutely everything from renting/collecting/setting up medical equipment and stuff like that, right down to making sure Barrie McKay's flip flops are in his room lol. 

Listen to Peter Crouch's podcast for some insight into this side of football. He said he could literally turn up to a pre-season tour with the clothes on his back and everything would be sorted for him - from passports/visas, transport, accommodation, meals, clothes, underwear, socks, toiletries, medication, kit, boots, trainers, even things like sunglasses, phone chargers, stuff for making coffee, for mixing energy drinks blah blah blah... The kit man and staff would have absolutely everything he and any other player needed. We won't be quite as silver service as that but we won't be far off. 

It's this sort of thing we're aiming for I think, isn't it.

When there was talk that not every extra penny is going into transfer budget, I tried to list the reasons why not and how it still all adds up to us getting better players.  This is the sort of stuff.

We want to take that "next step", part of it is an every stone approach to how we look after our players.  Might all seem namby pamby to us kids of the 80s and previous, but it's two things - it's showing prospective players we're as polished and professional - even in Scotland - as they'll find elsewhere; also it's letting our squad just think about football.  We'll do the rest, you focus on you.

kingantti1874
33 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Neilson has pretty much confirmed Cochrane and Grant will join too, so that's 5 signings with a week still to go in June. We aren't exactly asleep at the wheel.

it’s the strikers we need to solve.  Everyone would feel a lot better if we had strengthen in that area. 

Shankland, simms and Ronan and everyone would be feeling great

5 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Shanklands club said no ‘official’ bid has been made. That in no way rules out that negotiations on fee have not taken place.

As for RN. I would trust your info on transfers before I trust what RN chooses to tell the press to the point that I’m not really sure why the press continue to ask him. He is serially evasive to rag journalists and uses them to feign ambivalence all the time.

Its no coincidence that he shrugs his shoulders and says we don’t really want Shankland a couple of days after their spokespersons comments.

Pretty sure we want Shankland, pretty sure we know that he would move, pretty sure we have spoken to his club, pretty sure they would sell him. Everything that has been in the press this week is down to them trying to get a higher price and us trying to pay what we think he is worth.

I hope we move on and find someone better 🙂 

Rick Sanchez

Everton return to pre season on the 1st or 2nd of July and have two games in America on the 16th and the 20th.

I'd imagine Simms will be going. He might make it for the start of the season.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

It's this sort of thing we're aiming for I think, isn't it.

When there was talk that not every extra penny is going into transfer budget, I tried to list the reasons why not and how it still all adds up to us getting better players.  This is the sort of stuff.

We want to take that "next step", part of it is an every stone approach to how we look after our players.  Might all seem namby pamby to us kids of the 80s and previous, but it's two things - it's showing prospective players we're as polished and professional - even in Scotland - as they'll find elsewhere; also it's letting our squad just think about football.  We'll do the rest, you focus on you.

Very good points you've made, especially the highlighted one. I expect, and hope, it's a pretty accurate summation of how our players are treated now, not because I think they deserve it, but because the better players will demand it.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I hope we move on and find someone better 🙂 

If Shankland is the best we can afford, or attract, then that's who we'll sign, but we would all like to think we can, and will, sign someone better. I'd like to think we can get lots of players better than all the players we've got and are rumoured to be after, but know that that would be an impossible dream.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***