*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Phil D. Corners
8 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I had to look, but apparently he's from Derry but plays for RoI internationally now after playing for NI as an U19.

So both, it would seem.

From an interview he did, he’s very much wanting to play for Ireland. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

CloustonHMFC

Wouldn’t be against letting Boyce go for the right deal provided we have other coming in to replace. Definitely wouldn’t be selling to Aberdeen though. 

Greedy Jambo

I'd be over the moon if we signed Shankland. 

Can we bring up the old Shankland thread to see who didn't rate him, please?

Thanks. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
18 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

This.

maybe so we could get a better one?

If any Hearts fan thinks Boyce is the best striker we can afford then your ambitions for us are in the gutter.

Get used to us selling and upgrading folks.

On 24/05/2022 at 20:12, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe, but they might find the climate and culture and issue. 

I think we need a bigger target that is used to cold and can play up top b

Chuck Berry
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Upgrading doesn't always work, otherwise we'd have upgraded from Robbo/JC to Messi/Ronaldo by now.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I agree that there are 2 or 3 forwards I’d get rid of before Boyce but none of them have value.

I ask again - how many SPL goals did Boyce score from open play in the SPL. It it’s more than 10 I’ll eat my hat?

I really like the guy but I wouldn’t put much money on him scoring a penalty for example. And we’ll get between 10 and 15 of them next season the amount of games we play.

If Aberdeen wanted to pay a chunk of money for him that helped us fund 2 or 3 players that improved the team as a whole that would be an incredible result.

I have never viewed Boyce as having any sell on value. If we actually sell him it’s a huge bonus. 

Boycie's record in front if goal tailed off towards the end of the season. Some of that was due to a positional change, some it fitness and a bit of a loss of form. Regardless, I certainly see him as an asset either in the deeper role or as foil for another more direct striker. He is certainly am asset in my mind even if it is coming off the bench. 

If we had a player of his quality to come off the bench in the final rangers back 4 have a far less comfortable end to the game. 

So why sell? For the first time in a while we have no need to sell in order to strengthen the squad. The only players I would be selling are guys who are earning us serious money. 

6 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Boycie's record in front if goal tailed off towards the end of the season. Some of that was due to a positional change, some it fitness and a bit of a loss of form. Regardless, I certainly see him as an asset either in the deeper role or as foil for another more direct striker. He is certainly am asset in my mind even if it is coming off the bench. 

If we had a player of his quality to come off the bench in the final rangers back 4 have a far less comfortable end to the game. 

So why sell? For the first time in a while we have no need to sell in order to strengthen the squad. The only players I would be selling are guys who are earning us serious money. 

Far to sensible a post for the forum. Apparently according to a good few on here Boyce is crap, despite being our top scorer and is worth £2-3 m. , even though he’s 30.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, Rudolf said:

If the players won't sign a new contracts your argument falls down.

Paterson, Hickey & Souttar would all have gone for big money had they signed extensions.

Clearly not lucrative enough, for McKenna and Ramsay it clearly was.

Craig Gordon only player I ever recall us making an enticing deal for later sale 

Kirky Jambo

Boyce is one of those players who, despite being in terrible form and missing countless sitters, I always like to see in the team 

Aussie Jambo
9 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Don’t get your hopes up 😅

Well my hopes were dashed 😂

So I get up this morning full of hope and the Daily JKB  says:

*Boyce to leave for Aberdeen: JKB say ‘he’s pish anyway but he’s no going tae the sheep.’

*Shankland id having Belgian waffles for tea. As he dingies the JTs. 

*Smith on a plane to The Blades.. oh no he isn’t. 

Well maybe tomorrow then eh. 

giphy.gif

Naisys Tackle

I'm of the opinion he's always been a bit of journeyman who is now a downward trajectory.

1 year left, mainly used from off the bench and probably one of the   highest earners at the club as he was down well in Burton at the time.

if we can get a minimal fee for him that gets us off the age bill and he feels and can get better or a more desperate club than Aberdeen bearing in mind our recent recruitment, I would encourage the move.   Simms is a wild dream, he will be playing championship football next season.  Shankland and another to come up top. 

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I'm of the opinion he's always been a bit of journeyman who is now a downward trajectory.

1 year left, mainly used from off the bench and probably one of the   highest earners at the club as he was down well in Burton at the time.

if we can get a minimal fee for him that gets us off the age bill and he feels and can get better or a more desperate club than Aberdeen bearing in mind our recent recruitment, I would encourage the move.   Simms is a wild dream, he will be playing championship football next season.  Shankland and another to come up top. 

A minimal fee? Absolutely not. If Boyce is leaving we want top dollar for him ffs. He will be a first team regular this season coming, same as last season. He was one of our most important players last season. 

Ricardo Quaresma

Anyone who even thinks Boyce should leave can GTF.

Especially to the sheep

We'd have to sign Simms permanent plus Parrot or Obafemi, or similar and Shankland first

I don't care if he leaves at end of season for free, we need him

He was knackered at last season end

I don't know if he asked to play, or if Robbie asked him, when he needed a rest; either way it gave him a little bit of the yips, that is why he was out of sorts

Naisys Tackle
27 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

A minimal fee? Absolutely not. If Boyce is leaving we want top dollar for him ffs. He will be a first team regular this season coming, same as last season. He was one of our most important players last season. 

We got him for similar from Burton, he's on his way down now.   Unless we offer him 2/3 deal next summer we will have to be prepared to lose him regardless.

BackOfTheNet

I certainly wouldn’t want to sell Boyce as things stand, particularly to a rival. That being said, if we can replace with better quality and can get a fee for him that would fund that better quality, I wouldn’t turn my nose up at it. He’s a good player, but let’s face it he’s limited and last season was likely the best chance we’ve had to have a 20 goals a season striker in years. The reason we don’t is not down to anyone but Boyce, given the chances he had. So, although I’d not be pushing him out the door, I’m not going to lose sleep if he leaves and we have replacements.

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

We finished 3rd, reached a cup final and have a European campaign coming up. Why would we sell our top scorer to a diddy team in the north of Scotland?

Because to develop and upgrade and evolve a squad a part of that is looking at what you have, how long he’s  got left before his useful time or his contract runs out and whether you can replace him with better, whilst maximising his value right now.

Boyce has a year left. He’ll be 32 by then and he’ll be finished at this level. I’d be astonished if we extended him beyond next summer. He looked to me like his level was dropping from pretty early doors last season and his early goal burst dried up. In his favour is he links play well and he works his socks off. 

Im not wholly in favour of selling him to Aberdeen and frankly I think that story is shite, but if we got a good offer for him (anything in the ballpark or above £500k) AND we are confident we can get a replacement in quickly, then I’d take it. 

Boyce is criminally under rated by so many. He is easy to go unnoticed,  goals dry up with little to attack,  playing deeper often with his back to goal closing down 3 or 4 defenders and the keeper by himself. 

I have had a similar belief he doesn't create or score many. The next game i went to I spent the most of the 90 just fixated on him watching him. He works harder than most, alone. He is constantly trying to get the ball and he goes deep just to get it. Has excellent first touch and ball control and constantly plays others in rather than create the chance for himself.

I actually feel sorry for him and more so when the crowd are on his case because they don't notice the difference he makes

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Boyce is criminally under rated by so many. He is easy to go unnoticed,  goals dry up with little to attack,  playing deeper often with his back to goal closing down 3 or 4 defenders and the keeper by himself. 

I have had a similar belief he doesn't create or score many. The next game i went to I spent the most of the 90 just fixated on him watching him. He works harder than most, alone. He is constantly trying to get the ball and he goes deep just to get it. Has excellent first touch and ball control and constantly plays others in rather than create the chance for himself.

I actually feel sorry for him and more so when the crowd are on his case because they don't notice the difference he makes

I think this is a bit of an urban myth to be honest. I think many notice what the does, and actually appreciate it. But most also think what he does is not to a high standard, and when he’s not scoring goals, his limitations become amplified. Like, for example, his inability to hold up play, run channels, win headers and lack of pace. I’ll never criticise his work ethic, but I also have never criticised many a player’s work ethic. There’s a reason we are the biggest club he’s played consistently for. This is in no way a slight on him, but he is overall a limited player. His knack for scoring goals got him places, he now no longer has this. Can he do other things? Of course, and it’s much appreciated. Are these other things irreplaceable? Absolutely not. I don’t think what he offers is unique, even in the capabilities of other players in our team. 

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Does his work rate make up for the chances he misses? He’s got plus and minus points for me but overall I’d like to keep him. 

i wish jj was my dad
8 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

maybe so we could get a better one?

If any Hearts fan thinks Boyce is the best striker we can afford then your ambitions for us are in the gutter.

Or just acknowledge most people who know something about football rate Boyce as a very good player. Maybe not a prolific goalscorer but great at link up play, strong and works his bollocks off.

Hearts are much better with him than without him ATM. 

3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Reading between the lines here but it looks like they have ****ed up the process but are playing the card that they should be due money for training and development. The rules are the rules so if they didn’t correctly follow them then that’s that but with the SPFL you just never know what way they will go.

2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Absolutely agree.

A very intelligent, technical and hard working player.

I would be gutted if he left 

We lost Boyce for a few games last season and still did OK. If it's a sizable offer then let him go and use the money to get the Wolves bloke or Shankland. Hopefully to Ipswich.

I rate Boyce very highly 

One complaint I'd have is he does tend to hold onto the ball for too long or wants to take on another man when he could release it 

I do however think with better players coming in he'll thrive as will shankland in a 3-5-2 

Hoping we see at least Grants announcement today 

No danger Boyce will want to leave us or we'll let him go unless we have a massive better player coming in,  even then we are a better side with him in it 

He's got Europe too look forward too (his 1st experience I'm guessing) and playing in front of 17-20k every home game 

Whys he want to play up there in a half empty stadium fighting to get out the bottom six 

Finlay James

Boyce is a good player but he’s not irreplaceable.  If we can get a younger, quicker, more dynamic version, I wouldn’t be against him leaving.

Dick Dastardly

I couldn't agree more. I definitely think he is underrated and unappreciated. 

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, CAR said:

Reading between the lines here but it looks like they have ****ed up the process but are playing the card that they should be due money for training and development. The rules are the rules so if they didn’t correctly follow them then that’s that but with the SPFL you just never know what way they will go.

Basically. The rules are the rules. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

Boyce is a good player but he’s not irreplaceable.  If we can get a younger, quicker, more dynamic version, I wouldn’t be against him leaving.

we need 4 strikers for this season given the sheer number of fixtures.  Selling Boyce leaves us with zero as it stands. 

m we are going to find 3 / 4 strikers better than Boyce. Despite him being one of the best we’ve had for a very long time? 

Dick Dastardly
6 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We got him for similar from Burton, he's on his way down now.   Unless we offer him 2/3 deal next summer we will have to be prepared to lose him regardless.

How do you know he wouldn't accept a 1 yr deal? Anyway, I would prefer to keep him and, if he is On His Way Down, let him go at the end of his contract, unless Aberdeen or whoever offer silly money right now

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

If he goes out main man up front is Henderson. 

We need two strikers in as it is and to let Boyce go without having 3 quality guys lined up would be negligent of the club. 

Boyce is inbetweeen where most people are putting him on this thread, neither essential or terrible.

No doubting  his  finishing had tailed off worryingly last year and he was basically more effective as a number ten than a predictor. 

Given that Grant may be bought to play that role and Shankland could be coning in as the finisher I would definitely consider bids of 750 k ish .

He could be on a downward spiral as his confidence looked  gone in front or goals  a times last year. 

Happy to trust RN and the team on this one.

Vlad the impaler

Spot on! He ran himself into the ground in the cup final whilst not fit for the benefit of the team. He’s got a great scoring record and is seriously undervalued when he doesn’t score. A team player. Shouldn’t even consider selling him this season of all seasons…especially to a potential rival 

Boyce will stay unless there is a ridiculous offer. The club value him a lot more than some fans do thankfully.

Personally I love the guy and hope he sticks around. We are a better team with him in it.

All this chat about upgrading, or replacing Boyce. How often do we get guys that are guaranteed 15 goals a season? It's not easy to find. We'll strengthen up top, but Boyce will be part of the squad going forward. 

7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Boyce is inbetweeen where most people are putting him on this thread, neither essential or terrible.

No doubting  his  finishing had tailed off worryingly last year and he was basically more effective as a number ten than a predictor. 

Given that Grant may be bought to play that role and Shankland could be coning in as the finisher I would definitely consider bids of 750 k ish .

He could be on a downward spiral as his confidence looked  gone in front or goals  a times last year. 

On last seasons performances should be a bit part player going forward and very useful to have in our squad. Whether he would be happy with that or we see that as value for money will determine if he stays or not, also dependant on if a bid comes in. 

8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

As things stand he is completely essential. Anything else is it’s and buts. Don’t think we are interested in selling him anyway and certainly not to Aberdeen. 

kingantti1874
Just now, jambmoz said:

We simply couldn’t sell Boyce at the moment anyways, he’s all we have.

It’s as simple as that 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Ruuuudy said:

agree - AT THE MOMENT

So we are going to find 3/4 strikers better than Boyce? 

lol

Would be funny if Dundee UTD were busted trying to falsify contracts and got hit with a massive fine and points deduction 😄 

Mr Elwood P
21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we need 4 strikers for this season given the sheer number of fixtures.  Selling Boyce leaves us with zero as it stands. 

m we are going to find 3 / 4 strikers better than Boyce. Despite him being one of the best we’ve had for a very long time? 

We might not actually play any more games than last season. Just the fixtures being condensed into a smaller period of time that's the issue.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

So we are going to find 3/4 strikers better than Boyce? 

lol

I actually really like Liam Boyce and would rather be stayed but if some one was giving us the sort of cash put to gether with other funds allowed us to bring in Simms and Shankland then I would sell with out a shadow of a doubt ………… I would then replace him with a more traditional style attack minded midfielder or number ten if possible

Fire_At_The_Disco

I’m not a massive fan of Boyce simply because he’s not a penalty box striker, that said I have no doubt he offers a lot in other areas and can hold a player off. If we get a striker in there will still be a job for Boyce to do. If we get Simms back on loan plus another (Shankland?) then Boyce may be on his way. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We might not actually play any more games than last season. Just the fixtures being condensed into a smaller period of time that's the issue.

I don’t think you can include the League cup group games due to the pre season feel around them. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***