• BackOfTheNet

2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Too soon? 

Competition/Better cover for Gordon. 

Centre back(s)

Wide Midfielder(s)

CM (s)

Striker (surely at least 2)

What do we need? Who do we realistically want? 

Never to soon Daza, hope you are keeping well 👍

Dennis Reynolds

Have a great core to our team at the moment. Certainly need some reinforcements, especially if we have extra games due to Europe. Also, competition for places is good. 

lost in space
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Awaii wi ya , miserable sod 🤣🤣

Damn and blast, I was counting on nobody  picking up on me being a miserable sod.

Surprised that so many folk are suggesting we need a new LWB when it's clear that Kingsley is perfectly suited to that position. Well as he's played this season I think playing CB curtails his natural attacking instincts so I'd be moving him to LWB and signing two proper hard b...d CBs, a better CM than Haring and two speedy forwards with goal threat (if we can keep Simms he'd be one of those). We also need to start the succession planning for CG so a keeper in his mid-late 20s would be great if Harry Stone isn't going to be ready for a couple of seasons.

Naisys Tackle
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The shite one or the injured and shite one?

Either or although we have loan players and Sibbick at similar level. 

Naisys Tackle
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Move on/return to parent club: Halliday, GMS, Stewart, Woodburn

Try to resign/get on a perm: Haring, Cochrane, Simms

Not sure: Moore, Ginnelly, McEneff

Keep everyone else, give the likes of Pollock, Stone and Logan a chance to step up, and (depending on who leaves and stays) sign a CB (or two), LB/LWB, Striker, Winger/Wing forward x 2 

I hope you have your tin hat on TJ. You've just stated or aren't sure about 6 of Savages signings.  Ginnelly he's signed for PNE also. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Focus on quality. A striker we spend good money on (or big wages) as well as getting Simms back. Decent CB coverage. Don’t think we need to go nuts. Same number with winter and summer transfers this season

We have two chances of getting Simms back.

****. And, All.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
46 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Surprised that so many folk are suggesting we need a new LWB when it's clear that Kingsley is perfectly suited to that position. Well as he's played this season I think playing CB curtails his natural attacking instincts so I'd be moving him to LWB and signing two proper hard b...d CBs, a better CM than Haring and two speedy forwards with goal threat (if we can keep Simms he'd be one of those). We also need to start the succession planning for CG so a keeper in his mid-late 20s would be great if Harry Stone isn't going to be ready for a couple of seasons.

Kingsley is much better suited to LCB as he can bring the ball forward in a similar way to Souttar.

What he can’t do - which a LWB needs to do is break with pace, break the lines, score regularly from open play and create chances.

Thats what a proper LWB does

Kingsley is superb. But in a 3-4-3 formation he is definitively a LCB.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I hope you have your tin hat on TJ. You've just stated or aren't sure about 6 of Savages signings.  Ginnelly he's signed for PNE also. 

Agree with TJ here - he’s got his eye on the ball (not the man).

Decent back up goalie

Liam Lindsay

Regan Charles Cook

Tsuyoshi Ogashiwa 

Another striker/winger who scores goals 

Replacement midfielder if Haring leaves? Maybe someone more attack minded?

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You seem to rate Hibs players even higher than Hibs fans do.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You seem to rate Hibs players even higher than Hibs fans do.

And you seem to rate a lot of our recent signings a lot less than we do. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

And you seem to rate a lot of our recent signings a lot less than we do. 

No idea what you're bumping your gums about. Incremental improvement is the way to go. GMS has been disappointing, Halliday is not the way forward and Woodburn's been inconsistent plus - along with Simms - I assume we have zero chance of getting him on a permanent. Moore looks what he was signed to be - back-up. Ginnelly hasn't been consistent enough for me. McEneff has struggled to tie down a position in this new formation.

43 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

**** off there is not one Hibs defender I would take. Rocky looked an utter bombscare when he wasnt hiding behind other hibs defenders. Its like he thought he was man marking them. Porteous is just a ****ing idiot , the rest (unless you count Cadden as a WB and therefore a defender are just 😑)

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

No idea what you're bumping your gums about. Incremental improvement is the way to go. GMS has been disappointing, Halliday is not the way forward and Woodburn's been inconsistent plus - along with Simms - I assume we have zero chance of getting him on a permanent. Moore looks what he was signed to be - back-up. Ginnelly hasn't been consistent enough for me. McEneff has struggled to tie down a position in this new formation.

Have to agree with your summary. They have been ok but not stunning. Simms really looks the part but away at end of season. A wee bit to go yet before the team is where it needs to be

Bazzas right boot

Lb

Ch

2 x mid

1 x winger

1x striker, maybe 2.

Thats assuming 

Cochrane, Moore, Simms, Woodburn, Haring, walker, Halliday, Souttar all gone. 

Wouldn't surprise me if McEneff and Gino left as well. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

16 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Lb

Ch

2 x mid

1 x winger

1x striker, maybe 2.

Thats assuming 

I would add Mackay-Steven to the list.

Left wing back is a priority. 

2 centre halves. One no nonsense and the other ball playing. 

1 centre mid, possibly 2 depending on Haring. 

Goal scoring wide player. 

A better centre forward. 

I'd keep either Halliday or Cochrane as squad option for LWB rather than us need to sign 2 new players for one position. 

Moore and Woodburn will be away so need replaced. We need a similiar player to Halkett. 

We need more goals in the front 3. Goal return has been disappointing considering we're having a good season. Not playing in a struggling team. 

6 minimum. 

Edited by Ari Gold

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, feej said:

I would add Mackay-Steven to the list.

Yeah. 

It's gonna be an exciting summer. 

Recruitment quality, assuming we are guaranteed European group stage football should jump up another level. 

Will be the first summer window in a good few years where we don't need wholesale changes.  Haring's contract and decisions on Cochrane and Woodburn.  Other than that we will be aiming for 2-3 quality signings to continue our rise in the overall standard of the team \ squad.  

8 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Decent back up goalie

Liam Lindsay

Regan Charles Cook

Tsuyoshi Ogashiwa 

Another striker/winger who scores goals 

Replacement midfielder if Haring leaves? Maybe someone more attack minded?

Ogashiwa seems like a certainty for the summer window, might be wrong but hasn't he already agreed to a pre contract?

We're going to see quite a few new players in since we have a fair few on loan.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Will be the first summer window in a good few years where we don't need wholesale changes.  Haring's contract and decisions on Cochrane and Woodburn.  Other than that we will be aiming for 2-3 quality signings to continue our rise in the overall standard of the team \ squad.  

We could be losing anywhere between 6-9 players. 

Although we have a decent spine We need more quality and depth. 

Far more than 2 or 3 are required. 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

We could be losing anywhere between 6-9 players. 

Although we have a decent spine We need more quality and depth. 

Far more than 2 or 3 are required. 

The majority of key first team players signed new contracts.  Who are the 6-9?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, TexasAndy said:

The majority of key first team players signed new contracts.  Who are the 6-9?

58 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Lb

Ch

2 x mid

1 x winger

1x striker, maybe 2.

Thats assuming 

Add GMS as well to the last list. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

I mentioned that there would be decisions around Cochrane, Woodburn and Haring, maybe add Moore to that.    Sibbick is in for Souttar.  Simms could be one of the 'quality sigings'.  I'm sure Mceneff and Gino are not out of contract in summer.  As I said it's not wholesale changes as in previous summers.  

Edited by TexasAndy

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I mentioned that there would be decisions around Cochrane, Woodburn and Haring, maybe add Moore to that.    Sibbick is in for Souttar.  Simms could be one of the 'quality sigings'.  I'm sure Mceneff and Gino are not out of contract in summer.  As I said it's not wholesale changes as in previous summers.  

Disagree. 

8 of them ( the first list) aren't contracted past this summer, although some may stay, I don't think anyone will. 

Simms is under a contract, a new one just signed. 

Moore isn't good enough. 

Woodburn as above and on a lot of money 

Cochrane, possibly but I think we'll look at better. 

Haring looks like he's away 

Haliday, if he did resign would be a squad player so adds little to our first 11.

Gino, McEneff and GMS have been more and more on the  periphery of the squad ( for different reasons) and a move may suit all parties, although they are under contract. 

I predict at least double your 3 incoming. 

If not we won't improve much from this season and we'll have a really thin squad. 

Time will tell tho. 

I'm going for 7 in!

13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Disagree. 

8 of them ( the first list) aren't contracted past this summer, although some may stay, I don't think anyone will. 

Simms is under a contract, a new one just signed. 

Moore isn't good enough. 

Woodburn as above and on a lot of money 

Cochrane, possibly but I think we'll look at better. 

Haring looks like he's away 

Haliday, if he did resign would be a squad player so adds little to our first 11.

Gino, McEneff and GMS have been more and more on the  periphery of the squad ( for different reasons) and a move may suit all parties, although they are under contract. 

I predict at least double your 3 incoming. 

If not we won't improve much from this season and we'll have a really thin squad. 

Time will tell tho. 

I'm going for 7 in!

I think Gino and GMS get serious game time and will feel part of the squad.  Maybe not so McEneff.  Simms could be loan extended another season.  I think Halliday is decent to have around as a squad player.  Let me put my first point another way.  This will be the first summer in a long time that we are not having to make wholesale changes to the team.  Squad comings and goings are inevitable but maybe an opportunity for the likes of Pollock to step up.  But basically in terms of the team we can look to add 2-3 quality players to bring the level up another notch.  

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I think Gino and GMS get serious game time and will feel part of the squad.  Maybe not so McEneff.  Simms could be loan extended another season.  I think Halliday is decent to have around as a squad player.  Let me put my first point another way.  This will be the first summer in a long time that we are not having to make wholesale changes to the team.  Squad comings and goings are inevitable but maybe an opportunity for the likes of Pollock to step up.  But basically in terms of the team we can look to add 2-3 quality players to bring the level up another notch.  

Maybe, you could be right. 

I think it will be more with a good few leaving. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Swedish winger, Isaak Thunberg-Karlsson.

That's a turnip for the books. 

Players on loan

Woodburn

Taylor-Moore 

Cochrane

Simms

Contracts expiring Summer 22

Halliday

Haring

A lot less than I thought in all honesty

Ford Prentice

Would hope that some of the youngsters can step up to the squad: Henderson, Hamilton, Smith, Pollock, McGill.

Unrealistic that all will make it but even two would add to the depth. Then 2 or 3 in. More if Haring (hope not) and/or Halliday (hope so) go.

Absolute Scenes
9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We have two chances of getting Simms back.

****. And, All.

i mean he did say he was looking forward to the prospect of European football with Hearts...

Why do you think that? I didnt know much about him beforehand, is he close to breaking through, or is he another Beni?

8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

i mean he did say he was looking forward to the prospect of European football with Hearts...

Why do you think that? I didnt know much about him beforehand, is he close to breaking through, or is he another Beni?

Would love to keep Simms for another season.... even this early on, you can see what he brings. Strength and pace, direct and (hopefully) a good finisher. Although he didn't score at the methadome, he consistently hit the target forcing saves. Really like the look of this lad.

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Would love to keep Simms for another season.... even this early on, you can see what he brings. Strength and pace, direct and (hopefully) a good finisher. Although he didn't score at the methadome, he consistently hit the target forcing saves. Really like the look of this lad.

yeah i agree. Had it not been for Kevin playing for his career, he could easily have got a hattrick. Was quite gutted he never scored as it would have put him into Jambo folklore, but still, he is a quality signing. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
21 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I think he is just well trained re media skills as most of them are these days.

If the reality is - “I’ll be quite happy here for 5 months to get game time, but all I want is to get back to Everton and play in the EPL after this” he isn’t  going to say that is he?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Robert Snodgrass open to moving back up north. Couple of Facebook news sites have mentioned us, Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee and Livi as possible destinations.

Would we take him? Even just for the rest of the season? 

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Robert Snodgrass open to moving back up north. Couple of Facebook news sites have mentioned us, Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee and Livi as possible destinations.

Hibs and Hearts are always linked to the same players, so annoying we are dragged into the guff they want. 

Massive risk as he is injury prone now no? If his wages werent an issue then i suppose helping us cement third wouldnt be a bad thing

the sub goalie
14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I would absolutely take him if the deal was right for both parties.  

I know he is knocking on a bit in footballing terms but can't doubt his qualities to hopefully cement 3rd as early as possible.  Would be good to have a player who has played a good level for guys like to Gino to hopefully learn from too.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***