*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He may well want to leave for a better chance of first team football and who knows what he’s like after yet another injury. He’s had rotten luck with injuries and made some fairly bad defensive errors, which is understandably what people remember but he could turn out to be a decent wings back at spl level imo. 

I agree, but to remain 3rd we need more than decent. 

Good luck to the lad tho. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah definitely. Always got to strive for better. Going to be a tricky balancing act getting numbers in for a euro campaign and getting our first team choices up a notch in quality but for the first time in a long time I’m confident we’ll make a decent fist of it. 

Yip, very difficult. 

Losing Souttar proves this. 😢

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

That was my initial thought too (player/agent combo). My ST is in G but I thought I’d try Section R for this game - unbelievable view from up there! 😍

Maybe it was his brothers? 

On 15/03/2022 at 21:24, Batistuta87 said:

Would be quite happy to get Connor Ronan next season. Has shown more than enough at St Mirren for me. 

Still quite like the look of Jamie Hamilton at Hamilton who I thought might have got snapped up after they were relegated but he's still there. I think he could turn into a very handy player. 

Would be two frugal signings IMO, who would add some good quality depth.

I would like Jamie Hamilton too. Contract up at the end of the season so would only be due a development fee. Doubtful that would break the bank at all. 

If we're talking young players that we should snap up, Ronan would be excellent as well. I'd obviously like Regan Charles Cook. I think he'd be an improvement on Gino & GMS too. 

Wonder if Robbie might be looking to add experience to the team though? Losing Souttar and potentially Haring creates some pretty big gaps in terms of experience. I wonder if we might not have signed Souttars replacement in Sibbick right now, I.e Sibbick can play CB, RB and CDM so could quite comfortably put him in at RB or CDM for the time being and sign a more experienced head at CB. 

Should be a really good summer window for us I think. 

Edited by OTT

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Going to need 2 teams or at least 1 2/3 and rotate. Holding onto what we had was vital, with that done, maybe a place for McGill and Pollock next season, add in another 4 key players too. Much stronger position to negotiate already, win 16th April, miles ahead of the game for a change

How much do you think it would cost to make Simms permanent? Assuming Everton stay up, he's not going to be getting game time for them (If they go down, they might prefer experience too) and IF we can secure Conference Group stage football for next season thats (super) conservatively about £3m. Would it be worth offering Everton some cash? His finishing is raw but he gets the ball on target, which creates rebounds for others as we've seen. 

I think it might be worth using some of that money IF we secure Conference football. 

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Going to need 2 teams or at least 1 2/3 and rotate. Holding onto what we had was vital, with that done, maybe a place for McGill and Pollock next season, add in another 4 key players too. Much stronger position to negotiate already, win 16th April, miles ahead of the game for a change

That’s a definite. We can’t keep up on two fronts without extra players of good quality. Also we need to keep up domestically if we are to maintain at least third next season. In the past Hearts have fallen back at home when playing in Europe. 

Guest ToqueJambo
On 16/03/2022 at 09:53, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Or better players than Haring…

(and I rate him - but we need to improve not stand still)

I like Haring but taking a look at McGill and Conor Smith and signing a more attacking mid now we have Sibbick as well might be what we are thinking. I'd hate to see Haring playing for another Premiership team though and he'd have plenty of options there.

Just having a think about some players we might want to look at:

CB - Jamie Hamilton, 20 (Hamilton)

CB - Jamie McCart, 24 (St Johnstone)

LM - Regan Charles-Cook, 25 (Ross County)

CM - Allan Campbell, 23 (Luton)

RB/CM/RM/RW/ST (:P) - Callum Paterson, (Sheffield Wednesday)

Losing Souttar and Moore, means we probably want to sign a couple of CBs, do think we maybe want someone with a bit more experience but do think we shouldn't overlook either. Hamilton seems to be really highly rated and McCart despite being in a poor St Johnstone team is young enough to improve and I believe he is left footed so could free up Kingsley could play LB/LWB. Charles-Cook speaks for himself. Didn't realise Campbell was on a free. Think we'd be daft not to try and get him. Believe we wanted him before, so maybe worth trying again? I'm always going to include Paterson, he's a unit and can play a number of positions. A strong character to boot too, so I think he could bring a lot to the table for us. 

I was trying to find a decent option for a sub keeper and the best I could find was Siegrist at Dundee Utd. He's probably too pricey for a bench warmer though, but if god forbid we did need to use our 2nd choice, he would be am exceptional option to have. I wonder if we could loan Raith Rovers Harry Stone and take Jamie MacDonald off them? He's an excellent shot stopper and would be a competent and cheap option. Would also hopefully clear the decks to give Stone a clear run at being #1 at a club for a season.. Kyle Letheren might be another option (thinking purely cheap and experienced).

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Losing Souttar and Moore, means we probably want to sign a couple of CBs, do think we maybe want someone with a bit more experience but do think we shouldn't overlook either. Hamilton seems to be really highly rated and McCart despite being in a poor St Johnstone team is young enough to improve and I believe he is left footed so could free up Kingsley could play LB/LWB. Charles-Cook speaks for himself. Didn't realise Campbell was on a free. Think we'd be daft not to try and get him. Believe we wanted him before, so maybe worth trying again? I'm always going to include Paterson, he's a unit and can play a number of positions. A strong character to boot too, so I think he could bring a lot to the table for us. 

I was trying to find a decent option for a sub keeper and the best I could find was Siegrist at Dundee Utd. He's probably too pricey for a bench warmer though, but if god forbid we did need to use our 2nd choice, he would be am exceptional option to have. I wonder if we could loan Raith Rovers Harry Stone and take Jamie MacDonald off them? He's an excellent shot stopper and would be a competent and cheap option. Would also hopefully clear the decks to give Stone a clear run at being #1 at a club for a season.. Kyle Letheren might be another option (thinking purely cheap and experienced).

Agreed we need to sign quality right up the spine keeper at least one centre half centre mid if haring leaves and a striker if simms doesn’t resign. I’d take zander Clark as back up play him in cup games and some league games and Craig in the rest 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Jak Alnwick would be a better option going forward than Macdonald or Siegrist I think. Out of contract in the summer also. 

Batistuta87
26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Jak Alnwick would be a better option going forward than Macdonald or Siegrist I think. Out of contract in the summer also. 

Alnwick is meant to be following Goodwin to Aberdeen. Him and Siegrist will want first team football at this stage of their careers I reckon and they won't get it at Hearts. 

My guess is we'll bring in someone a bit younger who will be happy enough to bide his time until Gordon hangs up his gloves. 

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Alnwick is meant to be following Goodwin to Aberdeen. Him and Siegrist will want first team football at this stage of their careers I reckon and they won't get it at Hearts. 

My guess is we'll bring in someone a bit younger who will be happy enough to bide his time until Gordon hangs up his gloves. 

Could be a long wait. 😴 

Guest ToqueJambo

It'll be a bit meh for some probably but I think Stuart Findlay will still be on our list of possible targets. I liked him at Killie but have no idea how he's done in the US. Still a good age though and it's good to have at least one giant at the back. If Haring goes, a 25-27 year old more attacking central midfielder should be a priority - a John McGinn clone would be ideal (no idea who fits that description within our budget). A wee tricky nippy forward would be good too (a Ryan Fraser type). Would like to keep Simms, Cochrane and Woodburn - all very solid players with excellent potential. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Could be a long wait. 😴 

Uncle Craig will be in goals for at least another full season aye. Hopefully more! 

WheatfieldWarrior
On 16/03/2022 at 20:55, john thomas said:

Mmmhm . Big guy , broken leg or wee old guy ?

Which will it be ?

We're probably in for the one with the glass eye and the inhaler.

Bazzas right boot
On 16/03/2022 at 20:50, Gambo said:

I was sat right next to Savage......but its not me.😄

On the other side of Savage was 2 black gentlemen, one tall but leg in a cast, and one smaller but a bit older. If I was to guess, this was a player and agent.

1 tall leg in a cast and the other leg smaller and older. 

Fecking hell, even when fit the best he'll be able to manager is to run in circles very quickly. 

Taken being one  footed to the next level. 

🙃

Ccjambo1874

Always see the same names peddled out on these threads. I'd like to think bar RCC we won't be touching any of the players below us in the league. 

I'd hope that if we secure Conference football til Xmas after the semi they'll be sounding out the targets they have that will improve us beyond the level we are at now. 

It would be a huge lure being in europe, potentially even the europa if we strengthen and go about it the right way. As much as it pains me to say it, Rangers progress in europe will have done a lot for foreign players taking notice and there's every chance a few will fancy the prospect of playing in europe for the 3rd biggest team in the league.

This would all tie in with the aspirations of JS and RN in any case where they want us to be closer to the OF and challenging. Rather than fighting for 3rd and looking below us.

50 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

1 tall leg in a cast and the other leg smaller and older. 

Fecking hell, even when fit the best he'll be able to manager is to run in circles very quickly. 

Taken being one  footed to the next level. 

🙃

We were at hospitality in the Strongbow and were coming out of the main reception about an hour after the game finished.

The guy with his leg in a moonboot, and on crutches, was coming out chatting with Simms. I had to do a double take as I though it was Simms with the moonboot for a horrible moment.

Similar hairstyle and height although I was half pissed.

Could've been one of his mates.

8 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

We were at hospitality in the Strongbow and were coming out of the main reception about an hour after the game finished.

The guy with his leg in a moonboot, and on crutches, was coming out chatting with Simms. I had to do a double take as I though it was Simms with the moonboot for a horrible moment.

Any players at Everton with a leg injury just now

1 hour ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Always see the same names peddled out on these threads. I'd like to think bar RCC we won't be touching any of the players below us in the league. 

I'd hope that if we secure Conference football til Xmas after the semi they'll be sounding out the targets they have that will improve us beyond the level we are at now. 

It would be a huge lure being in europe, potentially even the europa if we strengthen and go about it the right way. As much as it pains me to say it, Rangers progress in europe will have done a lot for foreign players taking notice and there's every chance a few will fancy the prospect of playing in europe for the 3rd biggest team in the league.

This would all tie in with the aspirations of JS and RN in any case where they want us to be closer to the OF and challenging. Rather than fighting for 3rd and looking below us.

A good point here is that if (when!) we win the semi, that's essentially our budget written for next season.  We'll know minimum prize money for this season and we'll know what our income will be by and large for next season.

The way we're run at the moment, there's a chance that won't impact our player budget as I see us increasing that anyway.  However, you'd think it will have a bearing on the number and types of players we want and means we can get to work on it now.

Agree with the positions most are saying.  Back up GK, a left sided CB or an LB, a CM, a winger and a CF.  Some of them only replace outgoings, really, so these would perhaps be on top of any straight replacements.  Would like the likes of Smith, Pollock, McGill, Logan and maybe even young Kirk to stick around the team too - hopefully with reserve football to keep them keen.  How's Flatman done this season?  He likely to be ready to go on loan maybe?

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

Any of these two?? 

48E28563-B2B2-4F6D-A916-D5E317203F5A.png

6FF8F5C1-C4A9-45C8-943A-50649368E67B.png

Edited by Batistuta87

10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Any of these two?? 

48E28563-B2B2-4F6D-A916-D5E317203F5A.png

6FF8F5C1-C4A9-45C8-943A-50649368E67B.png

Hard to tell - do you have the bottom half of the pics to see if they have a stookie on?

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Hard to tell - do you have the bottom half of the pics to see if they have a stookie on?

:greggy:

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Think he looked like the top pic.

Top one is Tyler Onyango, absolutely massive 19yo centre mid. Similar to big handsome Pete he's a bit of a pressing, heed-the-baw, playmaker type. 

5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Top one is Tyler Onyango, absolutely massive 19yo centre mid. Similar to big handsome Pete he's a bit of a pressing, heed-the-baw, playmaker type. 

Pretty sure it was him.

I was pissed in case I'm wrong!

3 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Pretty sure it was him.

I was pissed in case I'm wrong!

could just be up visiting his buddy Ellis…

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Just googled it.

He's currently injured and he's 6ft 5ins.

Definately him.

Saw he's got a hernia issue aye but that wouldn't explain moon boot and crutches would it. 

Looks a good shout if we're in for him. Looks like an absolute monster with a bit of ability on the ball. 

6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Saw he's got a hernia issue aye but that wouldn't explain moon boot and crutches would it. 

Looks a good shout if we're in for him. Looks like an absolute monster with a bit of ability on the ball. 

Probably just up seeing his mate.

Looks like he's pretty well regarded at Everton.

5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He also had a really serious ankle break with ligament damage last year. Maybe he’s had more surgery lately since he is out with the hernia anyway ? He seems to have played for the first team already 

Batistuta87
33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He seems to be on the cusp of playing for the first team, only missing out with a hernia issue. 
https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/everton-fc-news/team-news-boreham-wood-tyler-onyango-injury/

Was seeing a lot of the same stories about Simms when we signed him to be fair, so that's not making me really doubt that we could get him in on loan next season. Could mean absolutely nothing of course - maybe he was just up watching Simms/Beni. If he was hanging about with Savage though then that would suggest to me that there's something there. Taylor Moore had a pal up through the week too. 

Also have a feeling we'll get Simms on a full season loan next year. Seems to be enjoying himself and is improving, but still nowhere near the Everton team. 

Edited by Batistuta87

johnking123
14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It'll be a bit meh for some probably but I think Stuart Findlay will still be on our list of possible targets. I liked him at Killie but have no idea how he's done in the US. Still a good age though and it's good to have at least one giant at the back. If Haring goes, a 25-27 year old more attacking central midfielder should be a priority - a John McGinn clone would be ideal (no idea who fits that description within our budget). A wee tricky nippy forward would be good too (a Ryan Fraser type). Would like to keep Simms, Cochrane and Woodburn - all very solid players with excellent potential. 

Findlay is not a target. After way better :thumbsup:

Tom Hardy’s Dug
21 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Findlay is not a target. After way better :thumbsup:

It’s going to be some summer. This thread will be honking as usual though 😂.

Mick from Oz

Also Jamie Maclaren who seems to be looked down on here, presumably because of his Hibs connections,  is more than good enough to score a ton of goals in the SPL.

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, Mick from Oz said:

Sign Marco Tilio, you'll have another Aussie to put the boot into, playing now in the Melbourne Derby.

Wouldn't surprise me if we are looking at him already. Ryan McGowan was saying last week on the Scarves around the funnel podcast that he was contacted by Hearts in January asking about a few players (he wouldn't name them.)

Also didn't Atkinson (and I think Devlin) have a clause in their contracts that if a European team came in for them, they could go for a smaller (5 figure) fee?

10 minutes ago, Mick from Oz said:

Also Jamie Maclaren who seems to be looked down on here, presumably because of his Hibs connections,  is more than good enough to score a ton of goals in the SPL.

I would take MacLaren

Absolute Scenes

If McLaren asks for forgiveness for signing for them then I’ll happily take him

joking or course, he doesn’t need to apologise…yet…

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Does he not come from a Jambo family or something? :D Baffling move!

In all seriousness, he's scoring goals at a rate that suggests he's playing at a level below his ability IMO. He'd make a very solid SPL signing. Not sure we're likely to be interested but certainly think he could improve a lot other sides in our league.

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Mick from Oz said:

I think he's probably beyond our reach these days and would be more of an OF signing IMO. He's actually very good.

3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I’m still mad at him for commenting “GGTTH” on Atkinson’s post announcing his signing 😢

Absolute Scenes
29 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I’m still mad at him for commenting “GGTTH” on Atkinson’s post announcing his signing 😢

I missed that

unforgivable 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***