*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yeah. He might see the lights of middle Englandshire as his next guaranteed payday in fairness. But I'd not be disappointed if he'd joined us. Would be, if he went to Aberdeen or Hibs though.

Aye, Blackburn, Charlton or the likes most Likley. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Believe we are close to clinching a couple of pre-contract deals. 

Ooh, you tease. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’ve been saying for weeks that Sibbick will be playing in midfield next season, more alleged inside info that never plays out in the real world. 
Who tells you all this nonsense?

Check my posts. I said he was signed to play midfield and can also play rb and centre-back. As such he will be one of the five that can play there if needed. I have no idea who the other 2/3 could be. Anyone who has watched him since he joined will see that centre-back isn’t/can’t be his best position. 

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Check my posts. I said he was signed to play midfield and can also play rb and centre-back. As such he will be one of the five that can play there if needed. I have no idea who the other 2/3 could be. Anyone who has watched him since he joined will see that centre-back isn’t/can’t be his best position. 

No you said midfield next season, now he’s back up CH, but can’t play there? You think you’re the only one that knows he can play these positions? Let’s wait and see but I’m betting you’re wrong, again. 

4 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

So they could not have been footballers??

Possibly! One of them looked a bit like Ashley Young (probably not him 👴 🤣)

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Possibly! One of them looked a bit like Ashley Young (probably not him 👴 🤣)

Maybe if not players, then a couple of agents.

Batistuta87

Would be quite happy to get Connor Ronan next season. Has shown more than enough at St Mirren for me. 

Still quite like the look of Jamie Hamilton at Hamilton who I thought might have got snapped up after they were relegated but he's still there. I think he could turn into a very handy player. 

Would be two frugal signings IMO, who would add some good quality depth.

Edited by Batistuta87

9 hours ago, jbee647 said:

He will sign for who pays the most wages

Be that the Scottish Premiership or League Two in England 

I was talking about his loan options, he'll be getting the same wages wherever he goes on loan.

Never Let Them Forget
45 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Would be quite happy to get Connor Ronan next season. Has shown more than enough at St Mirren for me. 

Still quite like the look of Jamie Hamilton at Hamilton who I thought might have got snapped up after they were relegated but he's still there. I think he could turn into a very handy player. 

He reminds me a bit like Stevie Mallan very good technically but think we can/will do better. I agree with you regarding Hamilton he reminds me of when we signed Souttar very raw but talented.

kingantti1874
59 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

just signed a long term deal with wolves 

bobby bombscare

Currently at the end of their contracts, we have Halliday and Harring. I personally would like to see both of them re-signed. Harring doesn't need an explanation but as much as he isn't a 1st team player, a player like Halliday is worth having around because he is versatile, has experience to pass on to the younger players coming through and has proved that he is able to deputise in gmes where needed (especially bottom 6 clubs). A 1 year deal for him and another 2 year deal for Harring would be excellent. 

In terms of loans going out, we have Simms, Cochran, Moore and Woodburn.

Loans coming in are Stone, Denholm, Smith, Henderson and McGill. Hamiltons loan finished at the end of the season to but Robbie has told him he won't be getting any game time here. Stone needs to go out on loan, not had a great loan spell first half of the season but has apparently came on massively second half and has been first choice keeper last few games. Denholm will probably be a similar situation. Smith, Henderson and McGill will either be moved on or will be put into the squad for a season to see how they do. 

In terms of players coming in, I think we need: 
1 GK to challenge Gordon, 2CB's (with the intention that Smith and Harring will slot in there as well). 1 LB/LWB to replace Cochran leaving. 1 RB/RWB as well. Midfield is pretty well covered for me, with Pollock likely to be ready next season and all the other young lads coming back in (all of whom are midfielders) we will likely have at least 2 of them in the squad for rotation. 2 forwards are also needed.

I would like to see us get Simms signed if we could as he is in a similar position to that of Beni last summer except it now looks like the club will be having a massive clear out in the summer and he has been good in front of goals for us. I would also like to see us get another winger in Possibly Charles Cook? as we have been missing a goal threat from the wingers! I also wouldn't say no to Ronan at left back as he has been generally impressive this season even without the goal he scored. Other than that, i'd rather see us going for signing players outside the Scottish leagues as our recent signings would indicate that we have better success there.

4 hours ago, Barack said:

Yeah. He might see the lights of middle Englandshire as his next guaranteed payday in fairness. But I'd not be disappointed if he'd joined us. Would be, if he went to Aberdeen or Hibs though.

We hold the cards possibly with Europe nearly Guaranteed, we where loosing out players to Aberdeen and Hibs last few seasons not now Me thinks 🤔 

bobby bombscare
12 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

Currently at the end of their contracts, we have Halliday and Harring. I personally would like to see both of them re-signed. Harring doesn't need an explanation but as much as he isn't a 1st team player, a player like Halliday is worth having around because he is versatile, has experience to pass on to the younger players coming through and has proved that he is able to deputise in gmes where needed (especially bottom 6 clubs). A 1 year deal for him and another 2 year deal for Harring would be excellent. 

Loans coming in are Stone, Denholm, Smith, Henderson and McGill. Hamiltons loan finished at the end of the season to but Robbie has told him he won't be getting any game time here. Stone needs to go out on loan, not had a great loan spell first half of the season but has apparently came on massively second half and has been first choice keeper last few games. Denholm will probably be a similar situation. Smith, Henderson and McGill will either be moved on or will be put into the squad for a season to see how they do. 

1 GK to challenge Gordon, 2CB's (with the intention that Smith and Harring will slot in there as well). 1 LB/LWB to replace Cochran leaving. 1 RB/RWB as well. Midfield is pretty well covered for me, with Pollock likely to be ready next season and all the other young lads coming back in (all of whom are midfielders) we will likely have at least 2 of them in the squad for rotation. 2 forwards are also needed.

I would like to see us get Simms signed if we could as he is in a similar position to that of Beni last summer except it now looks like the club will be having a massive clear out in the summer and he has been good in front of goals for us. I would also like to see us get another winger in Possibly Charles Cook? as we have been missing a goal threat from the wingers! I also wouldn't say no to Ronan at left back as he has been generally impressive this season even without the goal he scored. Other than that, i'd rather see us going for signing players outside the Scottish leagues as our recent signings would indicate that we have better success there.

Won't let me edit this for some reason, but we don't actually need any RB/RWB's as we have Brandon and Logan coming back in for that position. 

Edited by bobby bombscare

SomethingAboutObua
1 minute ago, bobby bombscare said:

Won't let me edit this for some reason we don't actually need any RB/RWB's as we have Brandon and Logan coming back in for that position. 

I thought the expectation was Brandon is away in summer 

bobby bombscare
7 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

I thought the expectation was Brandon is away in summer 

Apparently RN really likes him? he only went out on loan to get game time after his knee-op? I do recall him being a disaster at RB but half decent at wing-back? and we will need numbers if we end up with group stage football. 

We offered him a 6 month extension in the summer and then another one in January once fit, for him to go on loan. It is likely a 1 year deal will be given in the summer if he stays fit and has been a starter almost every game for Morton.

Rick Sanchez

Nathaniel Atkinson is younger than Brandon. Let that sink in.

Time for him to be released. 30 odd games at 24 and he's not good enough.

bobby bombscare
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I agree. But the way we keep giving him extensions when he has been out injured, and giving him an extension, just to loan him out.. it would appear he is getting another chance next season if he stays fit. 

jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

Apparently RN really likes him? he only went out on loan to get game time after his knee-op? I do recall him being a disaster at RB but half decent at wing-back? and we will need numbers if we end up with group stage football. 

We offered him a 6 month extension in the summer and then another one in January once fit, for him to go on loan. It is likely a 1 year deal will be given in the summer if he stays fit and has been a starter almost every game for Morton.

I think six month contract was to help out a young player after a terrible injury. Unless he was pulling up trees at Morton on loan, I doubt he will get a new contract.

bobby bombscare
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think six month contract was to help out a young player after a terrible injury. Unless he was pulling up trees at Morton on loan, I doubt he will get a new contract.

Been a guaranteed starter for them since arriving and apparently been very impressive. He was specifically sent there because they play 3 at the back with 2 wing backs.. i.e. they play our formation.

9 league games, 2 cup games and i think he has 2 assists? We'll see come summer i suppose. 

The White Cockade
13 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I agree 

Shame for the boy but he’s nowhere near good enough to play regularly for us 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, bobby bombscare said:

How’s he been doing out on loan?

9 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Contracted until 2024.... 

9 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

He's had the most frustrating, horrendous run of luck I can recall. Literally every time he's had a chance he's played a game or two, then played rangers and been sent off then injured for 6-9 months. I think thats genuinely happened about 3 times. Its ridiculous. 

I think the laddie just needs to go out there and forge a career for himself, similar to Liam Smith. I think at best, he's going to be playing 3rd fiddle to Atkinson and Smith. Maybe 2nd fiddle as a more attack minded option if Neilson is playing with Wingbacks, but honestly, just seems silly to keep him. Maybe Cammy Logan is a better bet.

Batistuta87
12 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Contract ends summer 2024 so 2yr left. He's good but never getting into the Wolves side and he knows it. He's been in the papers saying he'll speak to Wolves in the summer but there's a possibility he'll leave. One to keep an eye on I reckon, see what happens. 

bobby bombscare
16 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How’s he been doing out on loan?

He's a weekly starter for them and has an 1 or 2 assists in about 10 games so not amazing stats but heard he has impressed. But with a defender (and even more so with a WB), the stat's barely tell any of the story. You really need to watch it in person and I don't really watch them so couldn't say.

I guess we'll see in the summer if the club decides to give him another go.. 

Guest ToqueJambo
18 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Another reason the cup is so important is that a guaranteed number of European games will be a great draw for both younger players like Simms and more experienced guys like Haring.

bobby bombscare
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Another reason the cup is so important is that a guaranteed number of European games will be a great draw for both younger players like Simms and more experienced guys like Haring.

totally agree! 
It will be a big draw in getting players to re-sign, it will also be a big selling point in getting new players in the door! 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Or better players than Haring…

(and I rate him - but we need to improve not stand still)

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Yip. 

Haring is a gonner. 

Any midfielder we now get in should be as good or better than Beni. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip. 

Haring is a gonner. 

Correct.

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He's getting better all the ⏲ 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip. 

Haring is a gonner. 

I think Beni will just get better and better. Going to be difficult to get someone of his quality in. Agree, Haring is history. 

Chillidigits
On 15/03/2022 at 16:01, Bazzas right boot said:

I'd take Mikey Johnson.

I think there is a real player there. He's never going to make it at Celtic now and I think if he ends up at Aberdeen or hibs we'll regret it.

Him, RCC and Mckay would be great options for us. I think we could kick start his career like we have for Mckay, he's a good technical player,  but also a bit  younger and more of a goal threat than Mckay.

Maybe he's too celtic for us tho, that seems to be a thing.

The Mikey J coming to us thing took me back to when we got JC from Celtic. Nice thought. A guy who has the confidence to run at defences. I always liked someone with that in their locker at Tynie

2 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

totally agree! 
It will be a big draw in getting players to re-sign, it will also be a big selling point in getting new players in the door! 

Brandon is a decent player and if he doesn’t get seriously injured again he’ll make it in the top flight. I don’t know why sone folk on here will make allowances for youth and inexperience for certain players but not others. RWB will end up being his position rather than RB. Ideally suited to him.

Didn’t mean to quote you there. Sorry. 

Edited by GinRummy

22 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No you said midfield next season, now he’s back up CH, but can’t play there? You think you’re the only one that knows he can play these positions? Let’s wait and see but I’m betting you’re wrong, again. 

Good for you.  I’m happy to wait and see. 

21 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Smith and McGill have just signed one year extensions. Henderson signed  a one year extension before going back to Alloa. 

TyphoonJambo
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Brandon is a decent player and if he doesn’t get seriously injured again he’ll make it in the top flight. I don’t know why sone folk on here will make allowances for youth and inexperience for certain players but not others. RWB will end up being his position rather than RB. Ideally suited to him.

I'm with you. I think he showed,under Stendell,what he has to offer.

jamboinglasgow
21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Smith and McGill have just signed one year extensions. Henderson signed  a one year extension before going back to Alloa. 

Not seen it announced that Smith has signed a 1 year extension, only McGill and Henderson.

15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Not seen it announced that Smith has signed a 1 year extension, only McGill and Henderson.

Don’t know if has been announced yet but believe he has. Has been impressing at Queens to the extent they offered him a good contract but we gazumped them. 

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think Beni will just get better and better. Going to be difficult to get someone of his quality in. Agree, Haring is history. 

Yip, but if we get worse we do not improve. 

We need better than what we've got to get better for our first 18-20.

Qe will always need Halliday types and hopefully a few pronusu g youths but any recruitment should be focused on improving our core. 

As you say, As we get better players that will get more difficult. 

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Brandon is decent, but right now if we want to close the gap on the of, dominant 3rd place and compete in Europe we need better as first choice. 

He's OK as back up, but he'll likely want more than that. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip, but if we get worse we do not improve. 

We need better than what we've got to get better for our first 18-20.

Qe will always need Halliday types and hopefully a few pronusu g youths but any recruitment should be focused on improving our core. 

As you say, As we get better players that will get more difficult. 

Yeah definitely. Always got to strive for better. Going to be a tricky balancing act getting numbers in for a euro campaign and getting our first team choices up a notch in quality but for the first time in a long time I’m confident we’ll make a decent fist of it. 

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Brandon is decent, but right now if we want to close the gap on the of, dominant 3rd place and compete in Europe we need better as first choice. 

He's OK as back up, but he'll likely want more than that. 

He may well want to leave for a better chance of first team football and who knows what he’s like after yet another injury. He’s had rotten luck with injuries and made some fairly bad defensive errors, which is understandably what people remember but he could turn out to be a decent wings back at spl level imo. 

On 15/03/2022 at 16:19, MattyK82 said:

At the game on Saturday evening, I was in sitting right next to the directors box - Savage was with two new faces - possibly new signings taking in the game 🤷‍♂️ (I didn’t recognise either of them). 

I was sat right next to Savage......but its not me.😄

On the other side of Savage was 2 black gentlemen, one tall but leg in a cast, and one smaller but a bit older. If I was to guess, this was a player and agent.

john thomas
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

On the other side of Savage was 2 black gentlemen, one tall but leg in a cast, and one smaller but a bit older. If I was to guess, this was a player and agent.

Mmmhm . Big guy , broken leg or wee old guy ?

Which will it be ?

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

That was my initial thought too (player/agent combo). My ST is in G but I thought I’d try Section R for this game - unbelievable view from up there! 😍

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***