*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

33 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Agreed,  people suggesting Rangers make buying decisions based on weakening us. Absolutely delusional. 

It’s certainly not delusional to say that this has happened many times over the years. Both of the OF clubs used to sign players who were standouts for other SPL sides, even when they had no real intention of playing them regularly. They could usually rely on the media and the bank to pressure their club to sell them cheaply, and it was clearly part of the plan that it stopped other teams from building sides capable of a sustained challenge.

We’ve seen less of this in recent years, but I still suspect part of the reason Rangers* signed Souttar was to ‘show us who was boss’.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That tells us absolutely nothing about the mechanics behind Rangers transfers ...

He doesnt seem unhappy.  Who knows who brought him.  Probably Wilson. 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Got there eventually!

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Got there eventually!

Happens at most clubs - include ours. 

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Undoubtedly.

Lone Striker
23 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

We’ve seen less of this in recent years, but I still suspect part of the reason Rangers* signed Souttar was to ‘show us who was boss’.

Isn't it more likely that it was to show Celtic who was boss ?     Thats who they measure themselves against, not us.

Edited by Lone Striker

Jambo 4 Ever
6 hours ago, Philfigo said:

One of my mates just sent me this looks promising now for us lol

IMG-20220704-WA0000.jpg

Who’s that?

Pasquale for King
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Who’s that?

Omfg, it’s a photoshopped picture of Simms driving, with the tunnel at Tynie added on to make it look like he’s back. 

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

At least we know where he is today.

Pants will be getting pished on here now

Simms just put a picture up of him at training today at Everton so we can without doubt confirm he was travelling south 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You arent being serous? 

I’ve not read all the many pages on here so wasn’t   sure mate

4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Pants will be getting pished on here now

Player trains with his club. What a shock that'll be for some people :rofl:

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, campbell said:

Simms just put a picture up of him at training today at Everton so we can without doubt confirm he was travelling south 

Aye but the photo was months old.😂

4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You did see the photo though?

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Cool :lol: 

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Aye but the photo was months old.😂

Head your gone jokes over, in some order 

hmfc_steve
18 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Is that not riccarton 🌲 in the background 😁

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Put the tin foil hat away bro. 

Souttar is a very good player. I know we all dislike him for leaving and are trying to convince ourselves that he's actually a shite signing for them, but he really isn't. He's a very good signing. He might not be there as a first choice player but I can guarantee you he'll work his arse off to try and get there and to try and stay in the Scotland squad. He was one of the best CBs in the league last season and gives them a very safe and trustworthy option at the back. 

As for Simms; Everton won't let him go somewhere on loan where he won't play. If they want him they'll have to buy him and if they choose to spend a 7-figure sum on weakening us then they can go right ahead. We'll find someone else. 

Yes they have signed players to weaken other sides in the past IMO, but this isn't what they're doing here. 

I know football is all about opinions and others will disagree, but I think he's a better footballer than any other centre back I've seen play for us, except Levein. He'll be part of their first choice pairing.

KyleLafferty

I love Simms but he wouldn’t get a game at Rangers. He’d be an unbelievable signing for us, but he’s not better than what Rangers have. Need him up the road pronto.

31 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Who’s that?

The guy that cuts the grass. Just got a new lawnmower and is showing off 

Naisys Tackle
11 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I love Simms but he wouldn’t get a game at Rangers. He’d be an unbelievable signing for us, but he’s not better than what Rangers have. Need him up the road pronto.

They are about to get £10m for Aribo.  Well worth the investment. 

Naisys Tackle
10 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

The guy that cuts the grass. Just got a new lawnmower and is showing off 

Handy that he has tunnel vision.

Geoff Kilpatrick

So after all of "where is he gate", Simms is at Bellfield with the club he plays for! :rofl:

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Put the tin foil hat away bro. 

Souttar is a very good player. I know we all dislike him for leaving and are trying to convince ourselves that he's actually a shite signing for them, but he really isn't. He's a very good signing. He might not be there as a first choice player but I can guarantee you he'll work his arse off to try and get there and to try and stay in the Scotland squad. He was one of the best CBs in the league last season and gives them a very safe and trustworthy option at the back. 

As for Simms; Everton won't let him go somewhere on loan where he won't play. If they want him they'll have to buy him and if they choose to spend a 7-figure sum on weakening us then they can go right ahead. We'll find someone else. 

Yes they have signed players to weaken other sides in the past IMO, but this isn't what they're doing here. 

Souttar will be in the first 11 when fit. Best centre half they have by miles.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, NB GIN said:

Souttar will be in the first 11 when fit. Best centre half they have by miles.

He's nowhere near as good as Bassey. He will move to the EPL and Souttar will partner Goldson.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He's nowhere near as good as Bassey. He will move to the EPL and Souttar will partner Goldson.

Bassey plays wing back no? 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Bassey plays wing back no? 

Or centre back. He's exceptional at both. 

Phil D. Corners
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just “Nice”…. Not “happy”, not “delighted”, not even “great” to be back. Just “Nice”!

😉

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, tian447 said:

That's a massive step down for him.  From a 3rd place, European qualifying team playing in front of a sold out Tynecastle every week, to a relegation avoiding League One team who don't even come close to filling their sub-10,000 seater stadium.  Their biggest hopes this season will be avoiding the drop, and getting pumped out the FA Cup at home to someone like Liverpool or Chelsea so they can make some money.

Surprised he wasn't more interested in staying for another season, especially with the guaranteed European games. Would do far, far more for his career than Shrewsbury ****ing Town :lol:

I would imagine he'd have been very interested in staying for another season, I don't think we were interested in keeping him!

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The guy pretending to be thick to troll every one

Get you now - thought u meant me :lol: 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Get you now - thought u meant me :lol: 

Guilty conscience clearly ……… but no I mean the really obvious troll that I put on ignore after about five minutes of being on here

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Sooks said:

Guilty conscience clearly ……… but no I mean the really obvious troll that I put on ignore after about five minutes of being on here

:lol: 

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

It’s certainly not delusional to say that this has happened many times over the years. Both of the OF clubs used to sign players who were standouts for other SPL sides, even when they had no real intention of playing them regularly. They could usually rely on the media and the bank to pressure their club to sell them cheaply, and it was clearly part of the plan that it stopped other teams from building sides capable of a sustained challenge.

I'm sure martin o'Neill, signed momo sylla from st Johnston, just so he couldn't score,  another 30 yarder winner against Celtic😂

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***