• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Flotterstone is where that hill is, not where he is. if you look at a map there are sections of that road where the hill would appear to be on the right, but the road veers round eastwards and they will then appear on his left. He’s going north towards Edinburgh. 100% no doubt in my mind.

It's southbound on the A702 just before Silverburn.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/sYf6PNK5G8uma8wJ6

Салатные палочки
6 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Don’t shoot the messenger as I live in Australia. But I heard from a mate Smms spotted in Edinburgh. 🤔 

Not in the know. As how would I be. I really hope so. 

UPDATE: Hibs ******* made it up. Ah dear. My apologies 

Imagine believing a word that comes out a hibs mooth. 

Aussie Jambo
1 minute ago, Spookie said:

What a ####### 😬

Yes. Hibs bassa alright. 

Ferryjambo99

It's the A702 heading south. Just outside Edinburgh 

Screenshot_20220703-135558_Maps.jpg

Edited by Ferryjambo99

Aussie Jambo
Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Imagine believing a word that comes out a hibs mooth. 

You let your guard down once eh. He’s a dick. 

Aussie Jambo
1 minute ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

It's the A702 heading south. Just outside Edinburgh 

Screenshot_20220703-135558_Maps.jpg

Bugger. Maybe leaving Edinburgh. Hope not. 

Flotterstone is where that hill is, not where he is. if you look at a map there are sections of that road where the hill would appear to be on the right, but the road veers round eastwards and they will then appear on his left. He’s going north towards Edinburgh. 100% no doubt in my mind.

I've lost count of the number of times I have travelled that road. The Pentland hills are roughly 20 miles long from Hillend to just past Bigger. Regardless of the twist and turns of the road the Pentlands are always on the left hand side if you are heading to Edinburghon the A 702. The picture than was posted showed someone sitting in the drivers seat on the right hand side of the car, so the hills in the picture can't be at Flotterstone as the car is heading south with the hills on the right. 

8 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Most pictures I've seen on social media tent to be  a mirror image, so who knows what direction it is

That's true 👍 

Edited by rory78

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

So. If we take nothing else from this Ellis Simms saga, it's this:

1). Roads do change.

2). Hills don't.

I want Banderson's input on this, tbh.

Banderson gets all his info on here 🙄

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No idea about Simms' Instagram but if he signs, I couldn't give a toss about any other signing that may or may not happen. At our level he is gold.

Definitely Geoff

:jambobanana:

Please don't be false hope.

Under the floodlight
11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Has anyone checked their sextant, to confirm the exact angle of the sun, relevant to travel, in that picture?🤔

My sextant app is rubbish may need to visit my local Chandler's. 😂

The Hogfather
Just now, 19/05/2012 said:

Even if he is heading south at least he was in Edinburgh could be that he was there for talks

I imagine his agent would handle any talks. But if a deal had been agreed with Everton, it would have leaked by now.

Much ado about nothing I think.

10 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Most pictures I've seen on social media tent to be  a mirror image, so who knows what direction it is

If the original picture posted is a mirror image then then they are driving  a left hand drive car!

Салатные палочки
6 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

You let your guard down once eh. He’s a dick. 

Leave it a few days then hit him with "Griffiths spotted on Leith Walk". They'll go into meltdown over there. 

12 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Screenshot_20220703-140632_Instagram.jpg

Aussie Jambo
2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Leave it a few days then hit him with "Griffiths spotted on Leith Walk". They'll go into meltdown over there. 

😂😂 Where outside Leith Academy? 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Spookie said:

Screenshot_20220703-140632_Instagram.jpg

I don’t think he is clever (or cares enough) enough to think 

“If I take a picture of these hills heading away from Edinburgh southbound, then post a mirror caption, the lead hungry, ITK fanatics of kickback will take it as the hills are actually in the other side and I’m heading north back to Edinburgh” 

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Banderson gets all his info on here 🙄

**** knows why anyone would look on here for legitimate transfer information.

Салатные палочки
2 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

😂😂 Where outside Leith Academy? 

:laugh2::naughty:

RustyRightPeg

I’ve just read the EEN article on Hickey. Why the fk have they used it as an opportunity to try and drum up interest in Doig?

22 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Left-hand drive would be an interesting choice, but more importantly I hope he's not driving on the wrong side of the road.

Not sure the view of those hills from the other side is going to be an exact mirror image either.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I’ve just read the EEN article on Hickey. Why the fk have they used it as an opportunity to try and drum up interest in Doig?

becuase it’s a hibs rag

51 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we definitely could do it with the money we have and are about to pull in.  Whether we would want to is another matter.  

Yeah, keep thinking even if we did pay the fee, the wages would be a massive stumbling block. Look at what Chris Mueller being on £10k p/w to the Hibs dressing room 😕 

kingantti1874
Just now, OTT said:

Yeah, keep thinking even if we did pay the fee, the wages would be a massive stumbling block. Look at what Chris Mueller being on £10k p/w to the Hibs dressing room 😕 

yep.  We do need to speculate 100%. But we need to do it carefully.

there are a few players I’d try and get on even longer contracts 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, bazman said:

He may have still had his flat here and was gettin stuff before heading to preseason at Everton tomorrow 

I suspect that was what happened. Though surprised he had not collected it all almost a month and a half after the season ended. Also surprised Hearts would be still providing it to him.

24 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I don’t think he is clever (or cares enough) enough to think 

“If I take a picture of these hills heading away from Edinburgh southbound, then post a mirror caption, the lead hungry, ITK fanatics of kickback will take it as the hills are actually in the other side and I’m heading north back to Edinburgh” 

I'm clutching straws here 

5 minutes ago, bazman said:

He may have still had his flat here and was gettin stuff before heading to preseason at Everton tomorrow 

This

45 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

If he is on the A702, which he undoubtedly is, and the Pentlands are in front of his direction of travel, which they undoubtedly are. He is travelling North (north east to be exact)

jambopilms

If Everton haven't even started pre-season then there is no chance they have already decided where Simms is going to play this season, not even close

Tasavallan
51 minutes ago, Firefox said:

At no point on the A702 are the Pentland hills on the Right hand side of the road if you are heading towards Edinburgh from Abington, and certainly not at Flotterstone as someone has suggested. 

Agree, but they are if you are driving south from Edinburgh.

2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Agree, but they are if you are driving south from Edinburgh.

FFS if you are driving south on that road from Edinburgh the Pentlands are behind you ! Forget right and left because that road twists and sometimes the hills will be slightly to the right of your vision.

He is undoubtedly heading to Edinburgh in that image, if it’s him. He might simply be collecting his stuff, or it might be an old image from the first time he came (but then why post an image now)

FFS if you are driving south on that road from Edinburgh the Pentlands are behind you ! Forget right and left because that road twists and sometimes the hills will be slightly to the right of your vision.

He is undoubtedly heading to Edinburgh in that image, if it’s him. He might simply be collecting his stuff, or it might be an old image from the first time he came (but then why post an image now)

So Jimmy without a doubt In your mind you're saying simms is travelling north? 

Would you put your mortgage on it?

Just now, JimmyCant said:

One again. A702, Southbound, Pentlands to the right of and infront of you. 

I don't know why you're so adamant about this.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/89apazrgqBhuSqgr6

Ferryjambo99
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The image I posted earlier is from Google maps and is facing south. He was going south

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Quite a few people have already provided near enough the exact location of the photo on Google Maps. It is 100% southwest-bound.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/e5gJamy4WNH1kZwq6

image.thumb.png.5117d0f6158afec3a6a3ddbbf9baafcf.png

1 minute ago, Spookie said:

So Jimmy without a doubt In your mind you're saying simms is travelling north? 

Would you put your mortgage on it?

1. Happily I no longer have a mortgage 

2. There is no actual evidence that Simms is in the vehicle the image was taken from.

3. There is no evidence as to when the image was taken

4 That vehicle is travelling north east on the A702 towards Edinburgh and about 20-30 miles from the city. No doubt whatsoever 

3 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

The image I posted earlier is from Google maps and is facing south. He was going south

He isn’t. If he was going south he would not see the Pentlands out the front windscreen on that road

Are you ****s winding me up now 😆

Edited by JimmyCant

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

1. Happily I no longer have a mortgage 

2. There is no actual evidence that Simms is in the vehicle the image was taken from.

3. There is no evidence as to when the image was taken

4 That vehicle is travelling north east on the A702 towards Edinburgh and about 20-30 miles from the city. No doubt whatsoever 

I'm with Jimmy here 

#CampJimmy 

He's coming 👈

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

:laugh2:

vegas-voss

Maybe he is in Liverpool and that's a photo he had for a while and just posted it to give a clue he is coming back to Edinburgh/Scotland.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***