*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

jamboinglasgow
9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Well. It depends on your view of whether or not players such as Simms and Cochrane have reached their peak and whether or not the continuity of this team of core players means, as most teams do after one season together will continue to improve?

For example did Simms play as well in his first game as he did 8 games later (say in the games against Hibs)?

Did Simms get better service and supply from other players the more they got to know his game?

So I get your point but young players rarely stand still, and consistency of a squad with the same key core players has a better than not chance of pin proving the more it plays.

I think this is what people miss and why keeping the team from last season together (particularly the younger players) is so important.

Reading Sibbick's interview earlier and he talked about how tough it was, particularly early on coming in January and being thrown in straight away due to injuries. He had not played many games that season (and mostly off the bench) and his last game before he played for us was mid November. So he had struggles which he believes will be overcome from being here all pre-season. So the player that starts 2022/23 season, may be a much improved player than the one who played 21/22.

I also think with the addition of some players, they can make a big difference to others. As you say about Simms and service and supply, Forrest may be able to bring in better crosses than we had before, Grant if he signs seems to be a very creative player like McKay has been. So if you have two who can provide so many good chances then who is to say that Simms wont be better if he comes back.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

If levitt is available then he is a no brainer, him, beni, devlin and haring fighting for the 2 CM positions would propel us away from any of the other teams in the league outside the OF

Batistuta87
27 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Wayne Rooney without a club. Could do a job 👍

Only if he shaves his heed. Skinhead Rooney was a different breed.😂

Edited by Batistuta87

Jack Wilshire and Andy Carroll? FFS. Are people forgetting that Aaron Ramsay could barely cut it in our league last year? The recent track record of this two suggests anyone with any sense would steer well clear.

On 24/06/2022 at 23:25, i wish jj was my dad said:

You said on this thread we should have a go because we are a big club. So I asked what you would do differently. If your point is relevant to the topic mine is too.  Are you saying speculate to accumulate? Go after big name players or go shit or burst and sign umpteen strikers and play a Stendel system? I want to understand what your argument or point  is. If you have one. 

My take is that the club has a plan to grow organically and since JS/RS came in we are delivering and in a way that is sustainable. That is having a go in my eyes. What are you looking for us to do differently? 

There's no argument, I would like Hearts to be more attacking, and be aggressive when they don't have the ball, this is just an opinion. 

We are a possession based team and we are good at that, when we play against the old firm, the mentality seems to change. 

I trust management and Joe 👍

I also think it would be in our interests this season to get a 2nd goalkeeper, that is first team material, as Gordon will eventually hang them up. 

So when he does, we aren't looking about we have his replacement ready. 

Still needing another 6 players imo

CAM - the incoming signing of Jorge Grant will probably be our attacking midfielder position sorted.

Two CF's - Simms and Shankland? (hopefully)

RW/RST - I do wonder if our interest in the J league has completely gone now? With the Ogashiwa injury, would love us to continue to look at J league or K league for a signing, bound to be a few gems in there.

RCH - Steven Caulker, Joe Wright 

GK - Jamma McDonald, would be ideal for a couple of seasons Imo.

Anyway I will trust Joe and Robbie to bring in the required quality, if/when we do, I will be confident of retaining 3rd spot next season, hopefully along with a cup win this time.

11 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

CAM - the incoming signing of Jorge Grant will probably be our attacking midfielder position sorted.

RW/RST - I do wonder if our interest in the J league has completely gone now? With the Ogashiwa injury, would love us to continue to look at J league or K league for a signing, bound to be a few gems in there.

Anyway I will trust Joe and Robbie to bring in the required quality, if/when we do, I will be confident of retaining 3rd spot next season, hopefully along with a cup win this time.

Always think with Savage he’ll pull a few rabbits out the hat, Beni and Simms style. Devlin another one I knew nothing about, but that might just be me. 

The Grim Reaper
19 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

There's no argument, I would like Hearts to be more attacking, and be aggressive when they don't have the ball, this is just an opinion. 

We are a possession based team and we are good at that, when we play against the old firm, the mentality seems to change. 

I also think it would be in our interests this season to get a 2nd goalkeeper, that is first team material, as Gordon will eventually hang them up. 

Isn’t Harry Stone Craig’s long term successor?

We need a competent number 2 to support Craig and cover when required until then.  

We’ll hopefully integrate Stone into the first team over the next couple of seasons so he’s ready to step in when CG hangs up his gloves. Assuming he’s going to be good enough?

Rogue Daddy
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Exactly the sort of comment I expected when I added my explanation to the bottom of my post. ****ing does my head in.

Tell me though - why do you say this?? Why would they be so unrealistic in your opinion?? 

Wilshere currently only £5k pw in Denmark, if he's not being kept on there then chances are he's going to need to take a small pay cut. Considering the wages he's been on, money is unlikely to be a huge priority and he might just be looking to keep playing at a half decent level. 

Carroll is currently a free agent so is making precisely £0 pw. He was on £1k pw at Reading before moving to WBA. Again, not being renewed, so will probably need to take a pay cut and by taking those low wages at Reading, has also shown that money isn't a priority. 

It's not like anyone has suggested guys who are on £50k pw. Even then Naismith was on £55k pw before taking a massive cut to sign for us. 

You know, I wish a couple of players of their ilk (doesn’t necessarily have to be JW or AC)… but I wish we could tempt them with “… only the OF have won this league over the last 35 years, if you believe in your abilities, come and help us win the league!” Imagine the level of ‘legend’ status that would be bestowed upon them… the same could be said said for coaches/managers. I wish, just once, a ‘big name’ would say I’m here to take Hearts to the top! We’re an attractive club in a beautiful city… why wouldn’t they want to play for us (assuming they no longer need millions!)

FTH

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Henroddy said:

Wayne Rooney without a club. Could do a job 👍

Giving up football to spend more quality time with Coleen.

I hadn't realised she was that old.

RustyRightPeg
22 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Caulker 😅

i wish jj was my dad
32 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's not having a go and nothing much different from what we are doing. We aren't on the front foot as much against the OF because they have better players so we don't dominate the ball as much. 

Your point about a better reserve keeper is fair enough. I'd like to see somebody better but how we attract a quality back up is a challenge. 

13 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

You know, I wish a couple of players of their ilk (doesn’t necessarily have to be JW or AC)… but I wish we could tempt them with “… only the OF have won this league over the last 35 years, if you believe in your abilities, come and help us win the league!” Imagine the level of ‘legend’ status that would be bestowed upon them… the same could be said said for coaches/managers. I wish, just once, a ‘big name’ would say I’m here to take Hearts to the top! We’re an attractive club in a beautiful city… why wouldn’t they want to play for us (assuming they no longer need millions!)

FTH

There’s a bigger issue than just getting them to play and keeping them fit. We’re building a squad and part of that build is team harmony and bonding. You don’t have to be the most talented team but if your all in it together then winning is easier. A will to win for you and your team mates. Being at a club like Hearts with our fan base and size of city also helps drive these guys on. I think that’s why we’ve gone down the Oz market where they seem to breed a winning mentality. You start messing with that when you introduce these superstars pitching up in their fancy motors, probably not training as hard and yet still being adored by the fans and playing every week. When it’s going well all is fine, start to lose a few and that’s when things turn sour.

Add into that not one of these aging prem league stars have done anything of note up here so why would any others be different?

Edited by Rudy T

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Wilshere is on £5k a week in Denmark atm, so although not in line with our signing policy, he's hardly beyond our reach if we were looking at him( which I agree we're not)

Bob also said he did want a couple of players with European experience. 😎

Be careful what you wish for. Aaron Ramsay was on £400k per week with Juventus and when he went to the Huns, with them paying  £120k per week for his European experience, how did that work out for them? 

On 23/06/2022 at 04:31, dazajmbo said:

Boyce is criminally under rated by so many. He is easy to go unnoticed,  goals dry up with little to attack,  playing deeper often with his back to goal closing down 3 or 4 defenders and the keeper by himself. 

I have had a similar belief he doesn't create or score many. The next game i went to I spent the most of the 90 just fixated on him watching him. He works harder than most, alone. He is constantly trying to get the ball and he goes deep just to get it. Has excellent first touch and ball control and constantly plays others in rather than create the chance for himself.

I actually feel sorry for him and more so when the crowd are on his case because they don't notice the difference he makes

He is quality. Fact. Off the ball movement is excellent as constantly drawing opposition players away. Don't get the hate/indifference  Fanciful nonsense hes away...Really hope Boyce is here for the transformation  :olly:

54 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

FTH

These kind of guys don't care about their clubs. All they care about is money. 

They will only be interested in Scotland once they have ran out of gullible EFL clubs to feed them cash. 

They are not value for money and they are on a downward slope. 

Aussie Jambo
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Only if he shaves his heed. Skinhead Rooney was a different breed.😂

37FE9DBE-1BA2-4D3B-8EE5-B1AE312DBA56.jpeg

heisenberg86
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

FTH

Best thing we could do is not sign big names but sign young players with the potential to become big names. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

Best thing we could do is not sign big names but sign young players with the potential to become big names. 

Good players. 

Players that make the team better is the best thing we can do. 

That will probably be a mix of younger players and some experienced players. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

DR suggesting Wolves want to look at Ronan before deciding what his next move is.

D R on the pulse a usual. 

Club wants to evaluate it's own players before deciding to keep them or let them go, shocker. 

Who'd have funk it, if it wasn't for these breath taking insights revealed by the likes of the DR?

The Black Prince
8 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

I know.  That's what I thought but there was a poster from Oz on here yesterday saying we couldn't sign any more from their league at the moment.

It's an obscure rule, buried in the regulations to the Dividing Fences Act, New South Wales...

r4(2)... Hearts aren't allowed to sign more than three Aussies in any calendar year.

There was a High Court case about whether cumulative signings over multiple years could be permitted.

But as I keep saying, you've signed a cracking player in Kye Rowles. I never saw Souttar play but I don't have to... Rowles is better.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

D R on the pulse a usual. 

Club wants to evaluate it's own players before deciding to keep them or let them go, shocker. 

Who'd have funk it, if it wasn't for these breath taking insights revealed by the likes of the DR?

Well it was said they’d entertain bids of around £500k a couple of weeks ago. 

For that position I think we are quite likely wanting to keep our powder dry for the time being.

I like Conan but he’s unlikely to be the most exceptional candidate in that position that will become available to us in the next few weeks

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Well it was said they’d entertain bids of around £500k a couple of weeks ago. 

For that position I think we are quite likely wanting to keep our powder dry for the time being.

I like Conan but he’s unlikely to be the most exceptional candidate in that position that will become absolute us in the next few weeks

Yeah, I can see 2 or 3 loans as well. 

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah, I can see 2 or 3 loans as well. 

Me too, I see us signing a central midfielder from a Premier league team on loan (and is around the 18-22 age.) Simms on loan, and maybe a winger on loan.

It feels like being a spoilt brat as I think we have recruited well in our first 4 signings and it will make the strong (same if we sign Grant) but do really want that next level or exotic player to sign. Though it is a impatience as I know to sign those players will take a while and would most likely happen towards the end of the window.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

FarmerTweedy
8 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Pedantic or what? Holy smokes 😂

The point from the OP stands. 3 games in basically the space of a week is a lot for CG to be playing. Having someone to step in with that heavy schedule is vital. 

Firstly, there's a big difference between 3 games a week and 2 games a week. It's not pedantic at all to call that out.  Sunday - Thursday - Sunday - Thursday... is two games a week.  Sunday - Tuesday - Thursday - Sunday - Tuesday - Thursday... would be three games a week and we're not looking at that at all.

Secondly, goalkeepers aren't exactly relaxing in a deckchair while play is up the other end or anything, but at the same time, they're not running for miles up and down, or across, the park either.  I've no doubt that the schedule next season is going to be demanding for CG, but I'm equally sure he'll be able to cope. He's not quite at the geriatric stage yet!  The real concern, as always, is that if he picks up an actual injury (or suspension) the replacements we can call on aren't just below CG's standard (that's inevitable), they're nowhere near the standard we'd want in our team.  That's not a specific concern about next season's schedule, just a general concern about strength in depth in that position. 

Ideally, we'd be giving our backup keeper the league cup games, the odd league game against 'weaker' opposition, and maybe even Scottish Cup ties too, but you'd primarily do that not to give your first choice a rest, but to make sure your backup has a reasonable amount of match practice and sharpness, and doesn’t ever face a situation of being thrown into the team having not played in months (or years!) if your first choice does get injured.  

FarmerTweedy
15 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

It's an obscure rule, buried in the regulations to the Dividing Fences Act, New South Wales...

r4(2)... Hearts aren't allowed to sign more than three Aussies in any calendar year.

There was a High Court case about whether cumulative signings over multiple years could be permitted.

But as I keep saying, you've signed a cracking player in Kye Rowles. I never saw Souttar play but I don't have to... Rowles is better.

I don't believe you!

Souttar is a Rolls Royce of a defender, if it hadn't been for his injury problems he'd have moved onto much bigger things than sevco long before now.  I'd be astonished, and delighted, if Rowles arrives and is even close to Souttar's level.  Of course, even if he isn't, he may develop into that standard as time goes by!  I'm looking forward to seeing him play, either way, as I'm sure he'll be totally committed and giving his all, as Devlin and Atkinson have!

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

Souttar is a good player. 

David weir/ CL mould. 

Aussie Jambo
47 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

😂😂

FF8C1489-2188-419F-9F15-1D5DF48F2310.jpeg

Rocky jamboa

It would be great if we signed a Rudi type player. Goals out of nothing  total fan legend. 

I remember playing St mirren at home. 3 rudi goals out of nothing. 3 nil. It would have ended 0-0 if he hadn't played. 

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Firstly, there's a big difference between 3 games a week and 2 games a week. It's not pedantic at all to call that out.  Sunday - Thursday - Sunday - Thursday... is two games a week.  Sunday - Tuesday - Thursday - Sunday - Tuesday - Thursday... would be three games a week and we're not looking at that at all.

At last, I'm glad I'm not the only one that this irritates. It's moronic to claim that playing every Sunday and Thursday us 3 games per week. Does my head in 😄

2 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

It would be great if we signed a Rudi type player. Goals out of nothing  total fan legend. 

I remember playing St mirren at home. 3 rudi goals out of nothing. 3 nil. It would have ended 0-0 if he hadn't played. 

Just get the original down to the Roslin Institute.

3 hours ago, number-16 said:

Just get the original down to the Roslin Institute.

There’s already to much chat about the sheep on here!  

Rogue Daddy
9 hours ago, Rudy T said:

There’s a bigger issue than just getting them to play and keeping them fit. We’re building a squad and part of that build is team harmony and bonding. You don’t have to be the most talented team but if your all in it together then winning is easier. A will to win for you and your team mates. Being at a club like Hearts with our fan base and size of city also helps drive these guys on. I think that’s why we’ve gone down the Oz market where they seem to breed a winning mentality. You start messing with that when you introduce these superstars pitching up in their fancy motors, probably not training as hard and yet still being adored by the fans and playing every week. When it’s going well all is fine, start to lose a few and that’s when things turn sour.

Add into that not one of these aging prem league stars have done anything of note up here so why would any others be different?

9 hours ago, luckydug said:

These kind of guys don't care about their clubs. All they care about is money. 

They will only be interested in Scotland once they have ran out of gullible EFL clubs to feed them cash. 

They are not value for money and they are on a downward slope. 

Both posts, of course, correct…. be nice though, to be connected with a big name player/coach (at some point) who would regard it their mission to beat the uglies (perhaps at the tail end of a career where big money isn’t required!)… I dream 😴 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Secondly, goalkeepers aren't exactly relaxing in a deckchair while play is up the other end or anything, but at the same time, they're not running for miles up and down, or across, the park either.  I've no doubt that the schedule next season is going to be demanding for CG, but I'm equally sure he'll be able to cope. He's not quite at the geriatric stage yet!  The real concern, as always, is that if he picks up an actual injury (or suspension) the replacements we can call on aren't just below CG's standard (that's inevitable), they're nowhere near the standard we'd want in our team.  That's not a specific concern about next season's schedule, just a general concern about strength in depth in that position. 

Ideally, we'd be giving our backup keeper the league cup games, the odd league game against 'weaker' opposition, and maybe even Scottish Cup ties too, but you'd primarily do that not to give your first choice a rest, but to make sure your backup has a reasonable amount of match practice and sharpness, and doesn’t ever face a situation of being thrown into the team having not played in months (or years!) if your first choice does get injured.  

The B team solves the problem at the end. 

He can keep match fit and play for them and then be in the main side when / if required. 

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Whilst we can’t clone Rudi i do feel the team needs a similar quality of player to push us on. A talismanic player who can unlock the inevitable 10 man defences we see most teams employing at Tynie (and sometimes at their grounds) against us. 

Horatio Caine
8 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Ah - well thanks for that wholly believable explanation....  who knew about obscure Aussie legislation.  Clearly every day's a school day on here.

My girlfriend, who a year ago wouldn't have recognised the team if they had sat next to us on the bus, insisted that we stop by the team hotel for a bit of light stalking on the way to Fuengirola last night. While parking she let out a loud squeal as Devlin (and Cochrane) walked right past the car on the way into the restaurant. Luckily the car windows were closed. There was some sort of fashion show on in the restaurant and a few of the team were in there but a bit too far off to id with the naked eye. We didn't spot anyone unexpected (Grant etc) but I don't think that the whole team eats at the same time.

We spotted Robbie and Lee walking up from the training pitch and making "I've got my eyes on you" signs to someone in the restaurant. Good to see that management have everyone under control :)

I'm not the sort to barge in to demand autographs etc so we headed off for a quite reasonable Indian. 👍

A pleasant night out though I'm kicking myself for not grabbing Robbie to get a photo with my son. There's always next year!

Edited by adl

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Whilst we can’t clone Rudi i do feel the team needs a similar quality of player to push us on. A talismanic player who can unlock the inevitable 10 man defences we see most teams employing at Tynie (and sometimes at their grounds) against us. 

Tbh, in these types of games  I felt we unlocked most defensives rather well. 

Our finishing was a bit off at times, but we created enough most games to win. 

The Rangers game at home was probably the only exception to that. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Fxxx the SPFL
17 minutes ago, adl said:

My girlfriend, who a year ago wouldn't have recognised the team if they had sat next to us on the bus, insisted that we stop by the team hotel for a bit of light stalking on the way to Fuengirola last night. While parking she let out a loud squeal as Devlin (and Cochrane) walked right past the car on the way into the restaurant. Luckily the car windows were closed. There was some sort of fashion show on in the restaurant and a few of the team were in there but a bit too far off to id with the naked eye. We didn't spot anyone unexpected (Grant etc) but I don't think that the whole team eats at the same time.

We spotted Robbie and Lee walking up from the training pitch and making "I've got my eyes on you" signs to someone in the restaurant. Good to see that management have everyone under control :)

I'm not the sort to barge in to demand autographs etc so we headed off for a quite reasonable Indian. 👍

A pleasant night out though I'm kicking myself for not grabbing Robbie to get a photo with my son. There's always next year!

get back up tonight on another spying mission

7 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Bloody oath. Have to admit I’ll be a bit disappointed if Hearts don’t make this type of signing during this window, even if we tick all the other transfer boxes. Obviously that isn’t going to be easy at our level landing a Rudi type player but I’d absolutely love to see Hearts take a gamble on a forward with some real flair, even if they’re an inconsistent type. You’ve gotta think there’s some gems that would be within our reach in the South American, Southern/Eastern European and East Asian markets. Yes Rowles, Grant and Cochrane have the potential to be bloody good, if not at least sensible signings, but id love hearts to bring in a player that gets us out of our seats.

3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

get back up tonight on another spying mission

I would love to, but I inadvertently booked a visit to family back in Edinburgh this week 😠

Rogue Daddy
38 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The B team solves the problem at the end. 

He can keep match fit and play for them and then be in the main side when / if required. 

I think there’s a 6 game limit on ‘b’ team players in The 1st team… IIRC. Someone will keep me right!

3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I think there’s a 6 game limit on ‘b’ team players in The 1st team… IIRC. Someone will keep me right!

Isn’t there also an age limit ?

Dick Dastardly
27 minutes ago, adl said:

Cammy and Cochrane were probably either going to or coming back from their Instagram live stream. I watched it earlier and it was quite funny. 

davemclaren

Aberdeen and Heart of Midlothian will need to show patience to sign Connor Ronan, with Wolverhampton Wanderers manager Bruno Lage wanting to run the rule over the 24-year-old Republic of Ireland squad midfielder after he impressed on loan to St Mirren. (Daily Record)

Dick Dastardly
7 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Isn’t there also an age limit ?

They can't play more than 5 games. The goalie and 1 other player can be over age. I'm almost positive thats the rules. 

6 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Cammy and Cochrane were probably either going to or coming back from their Instagram live stream. I watched it earlier and it was quite funny. 

I had imagined that they were. It was already 8:30pm, most would have eaten earlier. For anyone who is in the area, there is plenty of parking by the hotel and some next to the pitch 200m down the hill if you fancy continuing the surveillance. Given the heat I imagine that afternoon sessions will be in the gym and morning sessions fairly early.

https://goo.gl/maps/XdwXD96mHzkFyy1Q7 will get you to the pitch. 

Edited by adl

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***