*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

21 minutes ago, OTT said:

I wouldn't discount player power either. 

Shankland I think likes Robbie and probably knows his career has taken a wobble moving to Belgium and it not work out. We see players spit the dummy to make the deal get done all the time. So perhaps a bit of pushing from the players side might force Beerschott to be reasonable. You don't pay £1m for a player (a striker too) and pay them peanuts. 

Also, if Beerschott are keen to get him off the wage bill, then Shankland holds the aces.  Another club might come in with a better offer, but Shankland doesn't need to agree to a move that he doesn't want.  If he's dead set on moving to Hearts, he can tell them that he ain't going anywhere else.  So either they reach a deal with Hearts or they are saddled with him for another 2 seasons.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Rick Sanchez

Yet Joseph Savage said we were very interested 🤔

I know that's not contacting or bidding...but tbf, Robbie is a serial liar when he needs to be :laugh:

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Yet Joseph Savage said we were very interested 🤔

I know that's not contacting or bidding...but tbf, Robbie is a serial liar when he needs to be :laugh:

Beershott say the other day (or imply) player not going anywhere,  Robbie then responds saying not made a move and not expecting him to sign.   Anyone could think we’re bargaining here and getting ready to negotiate.   Don’t think Savage will blink 1st though so may need to be patient.   

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Well, if any club has experience with that...it's Hearts(!)

Be a pleasant change perhaps, being the beneficiary for a change.

How times have changed Mr Pres, but please don't give me flashbacks to Martin and Damour et al on what should be an evening of celebration!

Aussie Jambo
8 hours ago, Ruuuudy said:

By the time we tell ya youll be 9 hours too late 

Well that’s 9 hours now and still hee haw. Sun rise early in the morning  😂

Edited by Aussie Jambo

The Black Prince
14 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Hello, long time lurker from Oz, since Cammy D and Nat A joined, but you chaps have just signed one of my favourite players from my local club, so I need to comment. (Devastated he's gone, but hardly surprised.)

You are going to loooooove Kye Rowles. I've been watching his career closely since he was captain of our Joeys at the U17 World Cup - where he was a standout. I was overjoyed when he signed for the Mariners at 18, and while he did take a couple of years to adapt to the pressure and pace of the pro League he eventually blossomed into an absolute star. Easily one of the best CBs in the A League over the last two seasons and was recently rewarded with his first international caps.

See if you can find some footage of the game against Peru. It was an intercontinental playoff for a spot at the World Cup and Kye was MOTM in only his third international. He's a monster in the air, a beast in the tackle, superbly positioned and plays out really well. Can run with the ball or play 40 metre passes onto the toe of a striker. He's going to be a long term Socceroo and will almost certainly be captain in a year or two. Will be one of the first picked for Qatar in November so don't let him get injured!

The A League is played across spring, summer, autumn so is a bit slower than the leagues of cold Europe. He might take a little while to adjust so be patient, but also be excited. He's one hell of a player.

Suspect this got lost during moderation of my first post so I'll just repost it here.

You're going to loooooove Kye Rowles.

The Black Prince
21 minutes ago, Ruuuudy said:

Saw the game and thought he was a rolls royce

Would you believe I tried to encourage the nickname "Royce" Rowles among fellow Mariners fans, but it never caught on. I'd say Roycie's doing well today and people would just stare blankly at me.

Then, when I had a look at this thread, one of the very first nicknames suggested upon his signing was Rowles Royce.

Someone gets it...

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

Would you believe I tried to encourage the nickname "Royce" Rowles among fellow Mariners fans, but it never caught on. I'd say Roycie's doing well today and people would just stare blankly at me.

Then, when I had a look at this thread, one of the very first nicknames suggested upon his signing was Rowles Royce.

Someone gets it...

Absolutely mate, he's going to be great for us

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, biffy said:

Cormack hinting on Twitter that they could be close to Ronan or McGrath 

McGrath the 'gers keeper?

jamboinglasgow
49 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

Suspect this got lost during moderation of my first post so I'll just repost it here.

You're going to loooooove Kye Rowles.

cheers for the update, and welcome to here.

I think the fact that we could watch the Peru game and saw him play in a full match has excited people here by him. His ability to read the attacking player and position himself is something that will be a big boost to him playing in Scotland.

Jambo 4 Ever
5 hours ago, OTT said:

Do you see us entertaining that? 

Shankland clearly wants to come here but I can't see the club allowing themselves to be held to ransom. 

At the end of the day, they were the idiots that paid £1m for a player that doesn't speak the language and hasn't played football outside the UK. Their ridiculous gamble isn't our mistake to pay for. I hope we're at the take it or leave it stage with them tbh. 

How are you so sure?

0262E7A0-1D2E-44AC-BB1F-B4A34CE419F0.jpeg

Lone Striker

SOrry if this has been discussed 10 pages ago ...... but when is the SFA tribunal thingy going to take place to adjudicate on any Lewis Neilson compensation  ?       A Hearts "win" at that would add to an already positive vibe. :jambobanana:

5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How are you so sure?

0262E7A0-1D2E-44AC-BB1F-B4A34CE419F0.jpeg

Because I do not believe we’d waste time and resources trying to get a deal done if the player wasn’t committed to coming here. 

The Black Prince
10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

cheers for the update, and welcome to here.

I think the fact that we could watch the Peru game and saw him play in a full match has excited people here by him. His ability to read the attacking player and position himself is something that will be a big boost to him playing in Scotland.

It was his positioning sense that has so improved in the last two years. He was always a very strong player - good in the air - good in the tackle - good with his feet, but had a tendency to lose his player. He's put that behind him now and the result is an international player of very high quality. Still has room for improvement also - will be a huge player for the best part of ten years.

9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Because I do not believe we’d waste time and resources trying to get a deal done if the player wasn’t committed to coming here. 

👍🏻

9 Mins To 2
15 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Hello, long time lurker from Oz, since Cammy D and Nat A joined, but you chaps have just signed one of my favourite players from my local club, so I need to comment. (Devastated he's gone, but hardly surprised.)

You are going to loooooove Kye Rowles. I've been watching his career closely since he was captain of our Joeys at the U17 World Cup - where he was a standout. I was overjoyed when he signed for the Mariners at 18, and while he did take a couple of years to adapt to the pressure and pace of the pro League he eventually blossomed into an absolute star. Easily one of the best CBs in the A League over the last two seasons and was recently rewarded with his first international caps.

See if you can find some footage of the game against Peru. It was an intercontinental playoff for a spot at the World Cup and Kye was MOTM in only his third international. He's a monster in the air, a beast in the tackle, superbly positioned and plays out really well. Can run with the ball or play 40 metre passes onto the toe of a striker. He's going to be a long term Socceroo and will almost certainly be captain in a year or two. Will be one of the first picked for Qatar in November so don't let him get injured!

The A League is played across spring, summer, autumn so is a bit slower than the leagues of cold Europe. He might take a little while to adjust so be patient, but also be excited. He's one hell of a player.

As an ex-resident of the Central Coast I find it a wee bit surreal that we've signed a guy from the Mariners. They had only just started as a club when I lived there and I think Graeme Arnold (current Aussie National Team manager) was their coach. 

If Kye has the same attitude/work rate of most Aussie sportsmen (and the talent you say he has to match) then I'm optimistic he'll be a great player for us just as previous Aussies have been.

Kalamazoo Jambo
11 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

It was his positioning sense that has so improved in the last two years. He was always a very strong player - good in the air - good in the tackle - good with his feet, but had a tendency to lose his player. He's put that behind him now and the result is an international player of very high quality. Still has room for improvement also - will be a huge player for the best part of ten years.

Thanks, really looking forward to seeing him play  :thumbsup:

46 minutes ago, OTT said:

Neilson’s interview suggests we havent actually wasted much time or resources on it. How much time and resources do you actually waste in half a dozen phone calls, if it’s even been that ? Sounds to me like we enquired and we’d like him but the response from the other end of the phone killed it (for now)

9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

So you still think Shankland will sign??

Player and hearts both want the deal to happen, stalemate going on with his club that wasn’t expected. If his club accept the movement on his price he will be here very quickly, hard to predict tbh. Cochrane and grant have both signed their contracts was expecting them to be announced today unsure on what held that up. Also in more advanced talks with a defender 

Here’s a strange thing I heard earlier. May or may not be true.

We have 2 signings more or less in the bag. Cochrane and Grant. The reason they are not done and dusted with scarves above heads is that the entire medical/physio team are in Spain already doing the prep for the training camp and there was no one here to do medicals.

I do know for a fact that some of the senior admin staff have been out there since Tuesday finalising things locally so there may be something to it. I’d expect both players to turn up in Spain at some stage.

Edited by JimmyCant

8 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Player and hearts both want the deal to happen, stalemate going on with his club that wasn’t expected. If his club accept the movement on his price he will be here very quickly, hard to predict tbh. Cochrane and grant have both signed their contracts was expecting them to be announced today unsure on what held that up. Also in more advanced talks with a defender 

Why would Neilson state no bid has been made?shanklands club have stated the same.

9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Why would Neilson state no bid has been made?shanklands club have stated the same.

Clubs very rarely make “official bids” it’s all enquiries and discussions between, representative, agents etc. we enquired they told us a price, we reply with what we are willing to pay and it moves on from there when either side agrees to budge on their price 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

McGrath the 'gers keeper?

Jamie McGrath I think, in for every Irish player that’s available. 

Ricardo Quaresma
45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Jamie McGrath I think, in for every Irish player that’s available. 

Apparently, the Arabs are in for him

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

McGrath and Ronan are two players I rate. Would happily take either or both! 

I would have liked Jimmy Dunne back, but, but he's been called up to ROI & signed a new contract with QPR, all in the last week

6 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Is that really the confirmed twitter account of the aberdeen chairman?

👍 

Gordon Ramsay

Not arsed about Shankland in the slightest. Would be quite happy if we turn our attention elsewhere. 

Dick Dastardly
5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Here’s a strange thing I heard earlier. May or may not be true.

We have 2 signings more or less in the bag. Cochrane and Grant. The reason they are not done and dusted with scarves above heads is that the entire medical/physio team are in Spain already doing the prep for the training camp and there was no one here to do medicals.

I do know for a fact that some of the senior admin staff have been out there since Tuesday finalising things locally so there may be something to it. I’d expect both players to turn up in Spain at some stage.

I don't know why medical or admin staff would have to go early. Seems a bit strange to me too, but then I've never been on or organised a pre season training camp so my knowledge is very limited lol. 

Albert McFly
6 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

🇮🇱

1 hour ago, Spookie said:

Screenshot_20220624-065010_Twitter.jpg

I’m happy enough at the moment but played a blinder ? Think I’ll await that little nugget with bated breath. 

kingantti1874
34 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

🇮🇱

Have to say I’ve been secretly hoping to see concrete links with Nir Bitton and Leon Balogun.  

I know they don’t fit the profile 100% but players who are a level up, still hungry and bring European experience.

Stefan Mahe type signings 

Edited by kingantti1874

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I don't know why medical or admin staff would have to go early. Seems a bit strange to me too, but then I've never been on or organised a pre season training camp so my knowledge is very limited lol. 

Me neither. Although I did deal with an incoming football group (Denmark under 21’s) when I worked in hotels. That was only for one game and all the physio team came 2 days before the team with all the gear to set up in our conference suites. 

They carry a whole load of tech stuff and equipment that needs set up and configured these days.

As I said, dunno if that’s the reason the 2 signings haven’t been announced yet but 3 staff members definitely went over on Tuesday. That part I am sure of through family connection.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Me neither. Although I did deal with an incoming football group (Denmark under 21’s) when I worked in hotels. That was only for one game and all the physio team came 2 days before the team with all the gear to set up in our conference suites. 

They carry a whole load of tech stuff and equipment that needs set up and configured these days.

As I said, dunno if that’s the reason the 2 signings haven’t been announced yet but 3 staff members definitely went over on Tuesday. That part I am sure of through family connection.

Not all the medical staff are over there . 

Dick Dastardly
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I suppose i never even considered any equipment they would need. Fair point! I doubt that all of them would be away in case of any injuries training yesterday ( i believe it was a double session day) but, still, the key medical testing staff could be away. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***