energy prices

Masonic

That thing you do
6 hours ago, Cade said:

This is how Neoliberalism works:

Take private control of a national strategic asset (shipbuilding, steel, power, telecoms, defence, rail, roads, schools, prisons etc etc etc)

Cut the standards of the service you provide in order to maximise profits.

Cut half the staff and don't replace them.

Cut another quarter of the staff and replace them with temps on min wage.

Pay your executives and shareholders as much as you possibly can, even when running at a nominal loss.

Hide all the money offshore.

When there is nothing left to steal and the business goes bust, go cap in hand to the Government for a bail out, who will do so, as your product is a national strategic asset.

Rinse, repeat.

Privatised Utilities is

As privatised utilities does

Here is Mexico Petrol is nationalized and the govt subsidise 7 pesos a litre,currently 97p a litre here equivalent.

Electric is nationalized. First x kw is paid by the government.

With AC im £80 for 2 months (you pay every two months here) so £40 a month

Without AC £10 for 2 months

Water is,around £7 every 2 months.

Private utilities have to charge more to pay shareholders. Utilities should never be privatized imo.

Neither should the Railways. At least that isnt the case now in Scotland.

We also get $100 USD a month in "vales" essentially points you can use to pay your shopping. So we are only paying £80 a month for shopping all in. Thats at a supermarket. Local markets are 45% less again.

Id do this system with UK benefits as you are restricted in what its used for. Food, non alcoholic drinks, clothes, kitchenware, household items, baby items no cigarettes but pharmacy is included.

No wasting buroo here.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Unknown user

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Psychedelicropcircle
On 27/07/2022 at 23:39, Jambo_jim2001 said:

He has a point with the GREEN TAX that's added to our bills🤔😳

This cockwobble has an opinion on many things, none of his opinions on these offer solutions only complaints. I’d wager a wind turbines carbon footprint x KWH V coal over the course of its life will be less. 
The sooner folks stop viewing/sharing his pish the sooner he’ll stop talking shite in front of a camera.

So UK government told us we are not reliant on Russian energy as we only have 3% of it or something like that yet our prices increasing by that much.Complete rip off they really need pulled up about this.There should be a big media campaign outing these ****ers and not just allowed there standard response reply.

Then of course in a year or so prices will drop to a new normal that will still be far far more than what we used to pay mere months ago.

10 hours ago, GBJambo said:

Energy prices rising by 75% in October and will rise again in January 

Blatant profiteering by the energy company’s and yet the government stand by and do nothing 

About time people stood up to this and refused to pay these ridiculous prices 

Edited by vegas-voss

25 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

it's the impact Russia has on the wholesale price. Whilst we’re not overly reliant in comparison of other EU countries. When supply is reduced and demand remains, prices and we can't avoid that. 

I agree with your larger point though. 

Just seeing there is some chat of a general strike. 

I know I guess I'm really just saying it was more pish out Johnson's mouth when he said it wouldn't effect us

Jambo-Jimbo

Details of how the £400 payment towards energy bills will be paid have been announced.

£66 off your energy bill in October & November and then £67 of each month from December to March.

If you pay by DD either monthly or quarterly it will be applied automatically.

If you pay via a 'smart' pre-payment meter it will be credited automatically as well.

If you have an older non-smart pre-payment meter, you'll get a voucher which will need to be exchanged at the post office.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62338543

indianajones
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Details of how the £400 payment towards energy bills will be paid have been announced.

£66 off your energy bill in October & November and then £67 of each month from December to March.

If you pay by DD either monthly or quarterly it will be applied automatically.

If you pay via a 'smart' pre-payment meter it will be credited automatically as well.

If you have an older non-smart pre-payment meter, you'll get a voucher which will need to be exchanged at the post office.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62338543

This is the £400 you have to pay back right? 

Is there anyway to turn this down if so? 

indianajones
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

I don’t think you have to pay this back.

Did that change? Thought it was originally a loan of sorts. 

Good news if not although its a very, very small gesture. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

It did change.

Nookie Bear
13 hours ago, Boab said:

That’s exactly what they’ll do.

They are a business though, as one of the heads said today, and look after their shareholders. Unpalatable but at least they’re honest. Unlike the law makers !

A phrase that inspires anger in me every time i read it. These ***** shouldn;t be allowed to leave their houses without getting smacked.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Yes, they changed it from the £200 which you had to pay back at £40 per year, to £400 which you didn't need to pay back.

Might be a small gesture, but it's better than nothing.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

A phrase that inspires anger in me every time i read it. These ***** shouldn;t be allowed to leave their houses without getting smacked.

You do realise that the majority of pension funds will benefit from this move. Unless you nationalise it, then what did you expect?

So instead of windfall taxes or price cap restrictions, the Government is simply borrowing more money to give to the people to give straight to the energy companies.

The people will be paying for this through general taxation.

Once again, this junta sides with big business and uses your money to keep the rich getting richer.

8 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Privatised Utilities is

As privatised utilities does

Here is Mexico Petrol is nationalized and the govt subsidise 7 pesos a litre,currently 97p a litre here equivalent.

Electric is nationalized. First x kw is paid by the government.

With AC im £80 for 2 months (you pay every two months here) so £40 a month

Without AC £10 for 2 months

Water is,around £7 every 2 months.

Private utilities have to charge more to pay shareholders. Utilities should never be privatized imo.

Neither should the Railways. At least that isnt the case now in Scotland.

We also get $100 USD a month in "vales" essentially points you can use to pay your shopping. So we are only paying £80 a month for shopping all in. Thats at a supermarket. Local markets are 45% less again.

Id do this system with UK benefits as you are restricted in what its used for. Food, non alcoholic drinks, clothes, kitchenware, household items, baby items no cigarettes but pharmacy is included.

No wasting buroo here.

Sounds an excellent set up.

Shame people here want what we're currently seeing instead. The mind boggles.

Edited by Taffin

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I did say it was unpalatable, mate !

It’s the politicians that could be doing with a smack, if that’s your thing !

They facilitate this shit.

16 minutes ago, Boab said:

I did say it was unpalatable, mate !

It’s the politicians that could be doing with a smack, if that’s your thing !

They facilitate this shit.

'we' facilitate it. We vote for it and then we buy it. Rinse and repeat. 

Edited by Taffin

Unknown user
55 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You do realise that the majority of pension funds will benefit from this move. Unless you nationalise it, then what did you expect?

You do realise that it's done to enrich the rich, and that any positive side effect is coincidental?

The poorest in this country are being held upside down and shaken by these ***** with government permission. Are they meant to applaud those pension funds they could never afford to put into?

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You do realise that it's done to enrich the rich, and that any positive side effect is coincidental?

The poorest in this country are being held upside down and shaken by these ***** with government permission. Are they meant to applaud those pension funds they could never afford to put into?

Correct.  Refusing to apply windfall taxes = enabling the pension funds to be prioritised = placing the burden of economic support measures into general taxation and real terms cuts to benefits and services.  Most of the people ultimately bearing the burden over time do not have any benefits out of the pension funds.  Even most of the support measures enacted or promised disproportionately benefit people already some way off the worst effects of inflation.  Wasted support pounds.

24 minutes ago, Taffin said:

'we' facilitate it. We vote for it and then we buy it. Rinse and repeat. 

I’m glad you put the we in inverted commas. 

16 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’m glad you put the we in inverted commas. 

Yeh, of course not everyone does...but the electorate as a collective do. The downfall of democracy; some people are rich and others are gluttons for punishment 😂

Edited by Taffin
Compounded by FPTP of course. Democracy can have a softer result.

Nucky Thompson

I see ASDA have dropped their fuel prices today. 1.76 for unleaded and 1.86 for diesel.

Still ripping us off but at least they're now bowing to pressure

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I see ASDA have dropped their fuel prices today. 1.76 for unleaded and 1.86 for diesel.

Still ripping us off but at least they're now bowing to pressure

Diesel 1.84 in Dunfermline

21 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Think it was £1.75 for unleaded at the Bypass service station, Haddington ... cheapest I've seen on my travels this week.  Edinburgh, generally speaking seems expensive by comparison with outlying areas where you'd expect it to be more (exceptions aside).

The new Shell garage has just opened up in Haddington, possiby had to drop their price to compete.

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, graygo said:

The new Shell garage has just opened up in Haddington, possiby had to drop their price to compete.

Is that up by the new retail park?

ArcticJambo
47 minutes ago, graygo said:

It is.

The park was looking quite sharp; nice to see it take shape ovr the past year or two.

Ainsley Harriott
19 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

This cockwobble has an opinion on many things, none of his opinions on these offer solutions only complaints. I’d wager a wind turbines carbon footprint x KWH V coal over the course of its life will be less. 
The sooner folks stop viewing/sharing his pish the sooner he’ll stop talking shite in front of a camera.

Surely the solution is obvious. Scrap green tax?

3 hours ago, graygo said:

Owners of that garage getting a lot of flak for messing up taking payments for fuel. Made a bit of an arse of it by all accounts - some charges applied weeks from the transaction date, some payments taken, refunded and taken again. 

That thing you do
On 29/07/2022 at 05:44, Taffin said:

Sounds an excellent set up.

Shame people here want what we're currently seeing instead. The mind boggles.

It is when youre remote working on a UK salary.

Instant 60% further for your money

Jambo_jim2001
On 29/07/2022 at 04:05, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Don't doubt he's a cockwobble,, actually does manage to string a few interesting points in that video. Can't make you watch it,and I  respect your opinion 👍👍

Tommy Brown

Finding fuel prices a bit bizarre.

BP in Bathgate the cheapest in the area excluding Armadale Asda. 193.9 for diesel 

The road to Asda from Whitburn is closed, makes it awkward, too far for anyway.

But on Facebook, I seen a post of terrible prices in Ayrshire, but diesel was 178.9. Jet.

Up in Crieff it is 174.9. Gulf

Edited by Tommy Brown

Up 77% on 1st October 2022 

When is enough enough? 

10 million will go into fuel poverty 

Average persons bill was £1971 which was up 50% already 

New predictions forsee that an average families fuel bills which are £1971 going upto to £3500 a year 

Frightening  

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Up 77% on 1st October 2022 

When is enough enough? 

10 million will go into fuel poverty 

Average persons bill was £1971 which was up 50% already 

New predictions forsee that an average families fuel bills which are £1971 going upto to £3500 a year 

Frightening  

Mate, there is already a large thread about this.

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

BP still raking it in.

£7b profit in the last quarter.

£7b for 3 months, staggering really. could easily pay a couple of billion extra to the tax man and still have plenty left over to invest in renewables and pay a bonus to the shareholders.  Keeps everybody happy.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

£7b for 3 months, staggering really. could easily pay a couple of billion extra to the tax man and still have plenty left over to invest in renewables and pay a bonus to the shareholders.  Keeps everybody happy.

Your suggestion is too simple.

Crazy prices and they are already predicting a further rise again in January. Obviously hard to know but is it ever likely for prices to come back down again? 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Crazy prices and they are already predicting a further rise again in January. Obviously hard to know but is it ever likely for prices to come back down again? 

I'm sure prices will eventually come back down, but I don't ever see them coming down to the level they were last year, those days are gone I fear.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

They’ll maybe come down a fraction and tell us how wonderful they are.

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

They’ll maybe come down a fraction and tell us how wonderful they are.

They'll come down by something like 35% and it'll be portrayed that it's a wonderful thing, whilst completely ignoring that they had went up by 120% - 150%+ in the previous couple of years.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

BP still raking it in.

£7b profit in the last quarter.

It’s all relative I suppose, these guys at the top must have colossal energy bills to pay for the mansions they own. 

have a heart pal. 

19 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm sure prices will eventually come back down, but I don't ever see them coming down to the level they were last year, those days are gone I fear.

That’s what I’m worried about. I’m In a fortunate position whereby I stay myself and don’t use excessive amounts of fuel. Have been overpaying for the last few months and built up a good amount of credit as a buffer incase times were tight over the winter. I really worry for people that are already living day to day and have to deal with such an increase. It’s frightening. 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Why is it down to the government ? What is stopping these companies filtering some of these profits down to their customers by the way of reduced prices ? 

Why not the anger aimed at them rather than blaming the government for not over taxing them. 

Going after them via tax will result in these huge profits disappearing from their accounts that we can tax them on imo. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Are politician's allowed to be shareholders and benefit from dividends in these energy companies making £billions? 

Are politician's allowed to be shareholders in any company? 

Are politician's allowed to be directors of a company? 

Just now, The Maroon Pound said:

Are politician's allowed to be shareholders and benefit from dividends in these energy companies making £billions? 

Are politician's allowed to be shareholders in any company? 

Are politician's allowed to be directors of a company? 

Yes,  yes and yes.  But they need to register their interests with parliament,  for all that's worth.

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Yes,  yes and yes.  But they need to register their interests with parliament,  for all that's worth.

So it's a conflict of interest, corrupt the lot of them influencing their own cash cows

Edited by The Maroon Pound