energy prices

Masonic

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

The government won't be too interested in reducing fuel prices for cars. They must be gathering a fortune in increased VAT due to the high prices. 

MPs will get travelling expenses, so they won't suffer too much extra expense. 

All the old expressions and descriptions of any public resistance being led by "militants", "Marxists" or "Union Barons" are being revived by the propaganda machines of the Mail, Express and Telegraph.

They've opened the Pandora's Box of greed and profiteering and getting the lid shut again isn't happening anytime soon, it seems. If there isn't a change of government after the next election, whether by simple majority or coalition, then the UK population will get what it deserves for enabling the continuation of being shafted. 

And they put the common people against one another. And 'we' fall for it. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Unknown user

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I was the same, made a stand and didn't pay the poll tax, but they eventually caught up with me and arrested my wages and got their money that way, and it cost me a lot more as they added all the court fees etc, so I ended up paying more. 

i just kept getting letters about arresting my wages etc so finally agreed to pay £25 per month for years. I didn't miss it but if i hadn't they would have whipped it out my account. 

2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I saw this last night, thought it might be helpfull for those saying people should not pay their bills, I don't know how accurate it is though!

"DO NOT refuse to pay your energy bill in October. Below is how you can make a stand and hurt your energy supplier without getting into debt/damaging your credit rating: 

1. Cancel your DD & pay for what you use each month.

2. You then need to write a letter of complaint to your energy supplier. Once that complaint had been raised, your energy supplier can't take any debt collection work on your account, so they can't pass your details to the credit reference agencies etc. That bill gets put on hold whilst they try to resolve your complaint. 

The energy company might offer you a small reduction - DON'T accept it. Keep the complaint open & hold strong. 

3. Eventually, they will send you a letter of 'Deadlock'. A letter of Deadlock is a letter that is sent to you from your energy company saying they gone as far as they can with your complaint & can't go any further, so your only option now is to take it up with the energy Ombudsman. 

For every complaint the Ombudsman receives, they charge your energy supplier £500 for every claim they have to investigate.

4. The energy companies also have limitations on how many complaints they're allowed open as well as a turnaround time of how fast they have to respond to a complaint & get a complaint closed. If they don't respond to them fast enough & don't resolve the complaints or they have too many complaints open, the energy firm will also get hit with a fine from the Ombudsman.

This is how your hurt an energy company. This will also put them in breach of their licensing conditions 
 & put their ability to trade at risk.

So if you want to fight these extortionate price hikes
1. Raise complaints
2. Do NOT close them
3. Take them to the Ombudsman

You can also submit a “subject access request” at the same time as the above. This means the energy company has a legal obligation to provide you with every piece of information they have on you; including telephone conversation transcripts, past bills, everything! This is time consuming for them to collect and is a huge hassle for them however they legally have only one month to comply."

I pay as I go, so don't technically have a bill. They are now charging a fortune for use of said meter, shocking, they don't even do anything.

redtipsjambo
24 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

And they put the common people against one another. And 'we' fall for it. 

When the poor hunt the poor across mountain and moor

The rich man can keep him in chains

The Yew Tree

Battlefield Band

1 minute ago, redtipsjambo said:

When the poor hunt the poor across mountain and moor

The rich man can keep him in chains

The Yew Tree

Battlefield Band

:spoton:

And the media is the tool of the rich man. 

Me.

Edited by ri Alban

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I saw this last night, thought it might be helpfull for those saying people should not pay their bills, I don't know how accurate it is though!

"DO NOT refuse to pay your energy bill in October. Below is how you can make a stand and hurt your energy supplier without getting into debt/damaging your credit rating: 

1. Cancel your DD & pay for what you use each month.

2. You then need to write a letter of complaint to your energy supplier. Once that complaint had been raised, your energy supplier can't take any debt collection work on your account, so they can't pass your details to the credit reference agencies etc. That bill gets put on hold whilst they try to resolve your complaint. 

The energy company might offer you a small reduction - DON'T accept it. Keep the complaint open & hold strong. 

3. Eventually, they will send you a letter of 'Deadlock'. A letter of Deadlock is a letter that is sent to you from your energy company saying they gone as far as they can with your complaint & can't go any further, so your only option now is to take it up with the energy Ombudsman. 

For every complaint the Ombudsman receives, they charge your energy supplier £500 for every claim they have to investigate.

4. The energy companies also have limitations on how many complaints they're allowed open as well as a turnaround time of how fast they have to respond to a complaint & get a complaint closed. If they don't respond to them fast enough & don't resolve the complaints or they have too many complaints open, the energy firm will also get hit with a fine from the Ombudsman.

This is how your hurt an energy company. This will also put them in breach of their licensing conditions 

1. Raise complaints
2. Do NOT close them

You can also submit a “subject access request” at the same time as the above. This means the energy company has a legal obligation to provide you with every piece of information they have on you; including telephone conversation transcripts, past bills, everything! This is time consuming for them to collect and is a huge hassle for them however they legally have only one month to comply."

Although it’s a last resort energy companies can get a Warrant to enter your home and install a pre-payment meter.

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I pay as I go, so don't technically have a bill. They are now charging a fortune for use of said meter, shocking, they don't even do anything.

That's a terrible way to pay, as you say, you pay a higher rate for the "convenience".

Generally, the people most in need use this method. Sickening.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

That's a terrible way to pay, as you say, you pay a higher rate for the "convenience".

Generally, the people most in need use this method. Sickening.

When Theresa May brought in the hostile environment and made my Mrs an illegal immigrant, we lost her income, so I put in this thing, so I didn't end up with bills I couldn't afford. Now what I used to put in has doubled, but thankfully Amber Hurd and Windrush appeared and we are back to both of us working, but it's still gonnae be a struggle with this wilful extortion, with the companies profiteering and the government trying to claw back the covid fraud they gave to their mates and themselves. 

I think we'll see the revolution GB has needed for over 100 years, quite soon TB.

Edited by ri Alban

Boris the Tool has downed Tools but not his Tool for his new missus Carrie that’s still out and working hard. Feck the peasants who he is supposed to be working for. They can starve and freeze to death. 

Edited by Imaman

Tommy Brown
56 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

When Theresa May brought in the hostile environment and made my Mrs an illegal immigrant, we lost her income, so I put in this thing, so I didn't end up with bills I couldn't afford. Now what I used to put in has doubled, but thankfully Amber Hurd and Windrush appeared and we are back to both of us working, but it's still gonnae be a struggle with this wilful extortion, with the companies profiteering and the government trying to claw back the covid fraud they gave to their mates and themselves. 

I think we'll see the revolution GB has needed for over 100 years, quite soon TB.

Stuck in bud.

And good to see you posting again.

👍

19 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Stuck in bud.

And good to see you posting again.

👍

👍Cheers bud. And you.

Doctor FinnBarr
13 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I was one of those who refused to pay my poll tax years ago but they finally caught up with me but i agreed to pay the minimum i could give each month for a few years. Point being they always catch up with you if you literally owe monies so its something to think about. 

12 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I was the same, made a stand and didn't pay the poll tax, but they eventually caught up with me and arrested my wages and got their money that way, and it cost me a lot more as they added all the court fees etc, so I ended up paying more. 

Still not paid a penny of it.

:greggy:

Malinga the Swinga
6 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Still not paid a penny of it.

:greggy:

I mean you used the same services as rest of us and didn't contribute, thereby residing cost on everyone else. What's to be smug about.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I mean you used the same services as rest of us and didn't contribute, thereby residing cost on everyone else. What's to be smug about.

What age are you Mal. Just to see if you were even old enough to give a feck if FS paid or not.

The Mighty Thor
15 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I assume you harbour the same ire towards the absolute shitehawks who don't pay their taxes in the UK and instead salt it all away in offshore tax havens? 

You know the type, the ones who lecture us all about what we should be doing and then do the opposite.

Like this *****

image.png.b8172609ac537048a528d2a112589055.png

The poll tax, probably the single biggest issue that sparked the Scottish conscience and consciousness. We were asleep for long enough.

Edited by ri Alban

20 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I was one of those who refused to pay my poll tax years ago but they finally caught up with me but i agreed to pay the minimum i could give each month for a few years. Point being they always catch up with you if you literally owe monies so its something to think about. 

Never paid a penny of maggies tax. Even to this day! Not-1-Penny!

:verysmug:

JudyJudyJudy
43 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Never paid a penny of maggies tax. Even to this day! Not-1-Penny!

:verysmug:

Well they had my address and bank details so there was nowt I could really do 

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I was resident in West Germany for the most part of it but I made the mistake of voting by proxy which put them onto me. Apparently I should have told them I was working abroad to receive exemption. When Stuart and Adamson got onto me I "vanished". Pretty sure I'm entitled to feel smug.

Spain taking tough action on energy saving 

The Minister of Energy Transition, Teresa Ribera, confirmed yesterday (Monday) that the energy saving decree has been passed and will come into force without being modified or postponed, despite five regions of Spain requesting it be withdrawn: Andalusia, Castilla y León, the Community of Madrid, Galicia, and Murcia.

She said that the meeting of the Energy Sector Conference had a cordial tone and that all regions have shown their willingness to collaborate on energy saving and present concrete proposals on new measures. In this regard, the Government will receive proposals until August 31st so they can present the final savings plan in Brussels in September.

Among the measures that affect public administration buildings, as well as commercial establishments, including department stores, shopping centres; cultural spaces, such as cinemas, theatres, or congress centres; and transport facilities, such as bus & train stations and airports, are as follows:

- Air conditioning is limited to 27°C and heating is limited to 19°C. To do this, they will have seven days from the publication of the decree to make the limitation effective, which will be in force until at least October 1st 2023.

- Digital or illuminated poster displays, billboards, and screens must have mandatory saving measures that reduce consumption.

- All public premises must have automatic door closers before September 30th to prevent them from being permanently open, which leads to huge energy losses as it ‘escapes’ outside.

- The lighting of the shop windows, and other non-occupied buildings, will have to be turned off from 10:00pm.

- Regarding "boilers and thermal installations", including air-conditioning, any properties that have not passed an energy efficiency inspection since January 1st 2021 must undergo a review before December 31st 2022.

Now estimating over £4,000 in the New Year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62475171

‘Kinell

Still no talk of rationing in the U.K. (yet) though.

I wonder how long they will stay at that level and what they will eventually go back down to?  No-where near what they were but is the new age of £3k / year for household energy now with us indefinitely?

Edited by FWJ

7 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Now estimating over £4,000 in the New Year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62475171

‘Kinell

Still no talk of rationing in the U.K. (yet) though.

I wonder how long they will stay at that level and what they will eventually go back down to?  No-where near what they were but is the new age of £3k / year for household energy now with us indefinitely?

Don’t think they will ever go down . They will keep rising year on year. Energy companies and the government know how profitable it is so will keep putting the prices up 

The only way is to cap the end user price and the government to bear the balance of the cost.  If it needs to accrue to national debt then so be it.  The charlatans who want to be prime minister pretend they can improve the cost of living crisis from economic growth but it's fantasy stuff during critically high inflation,  high interest rates and spending in the real economy being strangled.  The only way is to artifically suppress inflation and give the economy a chance to circulate money.  

Benny Factor
On 08/08/2022 at 10:29, Dawnrazor said:

1. Cancel your DD & pay for what you use each month. This one doesn't make any sense at all. The energy supplier is still getting paid for the energy used and are actually getting MORE money from you as the costs for not paying by DD are higher.

2. You then need to write a letter of complaint to your energy supplier. Once that complaint had been raised, your energy supplier can't take any debt collection work on your account, so they can't pass your details to the credit reference agencies etc. That bill gets put on hold whilst they try to resolve your complaint. This is not correct. Energy companies can continue to carry out debt recovery on an account, irrespective of whether there's an active complaint on the account or not. 

For every complaint the Ombudsman receives, they charge your energy supplier £500 for every claim they have to investigate. Not true. The energy supplier will only be charged a case fee IF the Ombudsman take on the case. And the case fee is under £400. The energy company does not get charged just for a customer going to the Ombudsman.

1. Raise complaints
2. Do NOT close them

hmfc_liam06
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

image.png.4c34fc83bdce0b2d1a4ac0b9575fdc6f.png

Oct 22 was predicted to be around 50% when the April 22 cap was announced. Now at almost 82%.

Jan 23 was predicted to be around 3-4% but now 19%.

Sickening.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Oct 22 was predicted to be around 50% when the April 22 cap was announced. Now at almost 82%.

Jan 23 was predicted to be around 3-4% but now 19%.

Sickening.

What can people actually do ? This really is worrying as they have you by the balls as we all need heating , particularly in the winter. I have arthritis and feel the cold weather so heat my house like a sauna in the winter. I cant cut back. 

45 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The only way is to cap the end user price and the government to bear the balance of the cost.  If it needs to accrue to national debt then so be it.  The charlatans who want to be prime minister pretend they can improve the cost of living crisis from economic growth but it's fantasy stuff during critically high inflation,  high interest rates and spending in the real economy being strangled.  The only way is to artifically suppress inflation and give the economy a chance to circulate money.  

Keynes couldn't have put it better himself.

If this idiot gets the job, we are in real shit. Sunak I'm not so sure.

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I assume you harbour the same ire towards the absolute shitehawks who don't pay their taxes in the UK and instead salt it all away in offshore tax havens? 

You know the type, the ones who lecture us all about what we should be doing and then do the opposite.

Like this *****

Absolutely. Anyone passing the burden on to others needs a shake imo.

The Mighty Thor
54 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I'd agree that the price cap should be enforced by the government. OFGEM are clearly a waste of space. 

What i'd do is cap the retail energy price at a fair price. Not a price that enables £9 billion profits in 3 months.

The energy companies bear the cost involved in the price cap at which point you'll magically find the wholesale oil and gas prices falling like a stone. Therefore the companies take the hit and if they fail then their business model wasn't sustainable. 

Don't forget the UK's oil and gas is owned by the people of the UK and is extracted and refined under license by the energy companies.

If the companies need a bail out then they can go to the finance markets to raise money or if there is to be any public funding then it should be in the form of money for equity in the companies. They can then buy their shares back down the line if they get their businesses back into profit or alternatively the companies go back into public ownership. 

Right now all we're proposing to do is to convert even more public money into private pockets.

1 hour ago, Imaman said:

Spain taking tough action on energy saving 

The Minister of Energy Transition, Teresa Ribera, confirmed yesterday (Monday) that the energy saving decree has been passed and will come into force without being modified or postponed, despite five regions of Spain requesting it be withdrawn: Andalusia, Castilla y León, the Community of Madrid, Galicia, and Murcia.

She said that the meeting of the Energy Sector Conference had a cordial tone and that all regions have shown their willingness to collaborate on energy saving and present concrete proposals on new measures. In this regard, the Government will receive proposals until August 31st so they can present the final savings plan in Brussels in September.

Among the measures that affect public administration buildings, as well as commercial establishments, including department stores, shopping centres; cultural spaces, such as cinemas, theatres, or congress centres; and transport facilities, such as bus & train stations and airports, are as follows:

- Air conditioning is limited to 27°C and heating is limited to 19°C. To do this, they will have seven days from the publication of the decree to make the limitation effective, which will be in force until at least October 1st 2023.

- Digital or illuminated poster displays, billboards, and screens must have mandatory saving measures that reduce consumption.

- All public premises must have automatic door closers before September 30th to prevent them from being permanently open, which leads to huge energy losses as it ‘escapes’ outside.

- The lighting of the shop windows, and other non-occupied buildings, will have to be turned off from 10:00pm.

- Regarding "boilers and thermal installations", including air-conditioning, any properties that have not passed an energy efficiency inspection since January 1st 2021 must undergo a review before December 31st 2022.

Posted similar .

It's Europe wide and France have problems with water and Nuclear Power meaning they've been importing.Energy is going up.

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'd agree that the price cap should be enforced by the government. OFGEM are clearly a waste of space. 

What i'd do is cap the retail energy price at a fair price. Not a price that enables £9 billion profits in 3 months.

The energy companies bear the cost involved in the price cap at which point you'll magically find the wholesale oil and gas prices falling like a stone. Therefore the companies take the hit and if they fail then their business model wasn't sustainable. 

Don't forget the UK's oil and gas is owned by the people of the UK and is extracted and refined under license by the energy companies.

If the companies need a bail out then they can go to the finance markets to raise money or if there is to be any public funding then it should be in the form of money for equity in the companies. They can then buy their shares back down the line if they get their businesses back into profit or alternatively the companies go back into public ownership. 

Right now all we're proposing to do is to convert even more public money into private pockets.

Very good post.  

Malinga the Swinga
50 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Absolutely. Anyone passing the burden on to others needs a shake imo.

Is the correct answer. Pay your share when asked. That's what we should all be doing, personally and businesses alike. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Like this *****

The age old problem with the Tory party is that they and their pals have plenty of dough, hence why they like tax cuts so much. Tory tax cuts are never about social services. They’re all about making sure people with money have more of it:

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The age old problem with the Tory party is that they and their pals have plenty of dough, hence why they like tax cuts so much. Tory tax cuts are never about social services. They’re all about making sure people with money have more of it:

And they are also very good at hoodwinking those who don't have a lot of money, I'm thinking the mugs in the Red Wall here, into thinking that Labour is going to take all their money away. 

Meanwhile they are siphoning off huge amounts of public money into their own/mates/sponsors/donors pockets

The age old problem of the Tory party is that they are all *****

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Maybe putting a few windows in will make the government wake up 

a bit more than that is needed. 

The Old Tolbooth
26 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There are going to be riots at this rate. Maybe putting a few windows in will make the government wake up 

It can't be long until people take to the streets and it's chaos, Christ people blockaded petrol refineries in the early 2,000s for much less than this. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There are going to be riots at this rate. Maybe putting a few windows in will make the government wake up 

I can now see that happening, there is a point where people just can't take anymore of these price rises and not just with energy, something will have to give.

The Mighty Thor

I'm assuming the 'external factors' influencing the prices stop in the channel?

I'll bet the French are fecking delighted that they've got those North Sea oil fields......oh wait!

Sounds like having the boiler on at all this winter will destroy your savings (if you’re lucky enough to have any). 

Something has to give, surely?

We cannot seriously be looking at annual bills of £4K for a household whilst those ****ers are announcing £billion profits? It’s disgusting and doesn’t make sense. Government intervention is needed. 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Sounds like having the boiler on at all this winter will destroy your savings (if you’re lucky enough to have any). 

Something has to give, surely?

We cannot seriously be looking at annual bills of £4K for a household whilst those ****ers are announcing £billion profits? It’s disgusting and doesn’t make sense. Government intervention is needed. 

the profits they've announced still don't fully take into account the last Cap increase.

Their next quarter numbers are going to be even bigger, then the quarter after that again, and again and again. 

Something has to give? Aye us. We're giving them huge profits and they're taking it and trousering it.

Itchy's plan is to offer handouts paid for from Government efficiences ie service cuts.

FFS hammer the cap down and put the twelve bore to the head of the oil and gas companies. 

Saw Truss being interviewed on why they can’t impose a windfall tax on the energy companies 

Barely contain the smile from her face as  she said she didn’t want to upset the shareholders 

I don't think some people are being overly dramatic here.

A 200% increase in fuel bills in a year will push the proles to the brink.

If that gormless idiot gets the top job, it will be hit the cobs time for some.

Jambo-Jimbo
39 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm assuming the 'external factors' influencing the prices stop in the channel?

I'll bet the French are fecking delighted that they've got those North Sea oil fields......oh wait!

I'll bet the French are delighted that they have a state run energy producer and supplier in EDF, which the government can cap the prices. 

Not like that in the rest of Europe I'm afraid, Italy for example seen higher increases than the UK, when prices rose by 94% for electricity and 131% for gas back in March/April.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/politics/short_news/italian-gas-electricity-prices-surge-despite-government-interventions/

Germany isn't a whole lot better, in fact nowhere in Europe is, except for France, but that's because they are mainly nuclear and the main producer & supplier is state owned, giving the French a huge advantage over everyone else.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/german-gas-power-prices-households-new-highs-2022-03-16/