Atkinson

22games nro

23 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree, Soops.  Hopefully all part of the learning for him, RN needs to see it and address it.  

Aye, certainly not writing him off but this all out praise for him is reminiscent of Oshinawa after he played for us at Tynie against Motherwell. He was shite and yet hailed as a superstar.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

• GinRummy

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kennedy Bakircioglu

Can tell he is top quality and has a lot of the attributes required to have a very good career, both with Hearts and post-Hearts. 

Looks really good, didn't let the man pass him down the wing and looked good going forward. Maybe guilty of overplaying it, but that us why we controlled the play for the majority of the game*; no needless pumping the ball up the park. If his final ball was better second half then we probably would have scored. Promising start.

*and Beni taking the ball down rather getting in a game of head tennis. 

Both he and Devlin seem to be very ambitious and have a great work rate.  Ibrox will be another good test for them.

52 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

God knows what you boys were watching. Dodgy in the extreme.

Yeah, he had some seriously poor moments. He never hides and does make chances though. 

Pretty sure he'll improve.

If we ever transition back to a back four then I would have concerns about him as a right back. Early days obviously but I'm not sure how good a defender he is. Going forward is absolutely not a problem though. It's great to see a full back/wing back who can actually put a quality cross into the box. This boy doesn't just aim for an area in the box, he actually picks men out with his crosses. I like what I have seen from him so far.

I have been really impressed with him. Love watching him going forward, always looks dangerous and like he is going to make something happen. Also showed that he can defend tonight as well, barely gave Mitchell kick of the ball when he game on.

Good on the lad. 

Thought he was decent tonight. Not really getting the MOTM shouts, thought Kingsley was better.

Only criticism so far is it feels you can see the cogs turning in his head when he has the ball. Was how he made that mistake against Celtic and happened a few times tonight. Needs to just make the decision quicker. However I think he will get up to the pace of the game over here and be good for us. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Can't believe some of what I'm reading here. He was a standout. Made mistakes and caught in possession like pretty much every player on the park as it was a very scrappy game, but got up and down the flank very well. Seems like only a matter of time before he scores.

Nelly Terraces

Like the look of this fella. Not scared to play with the ball, like to be direct, looking to get forward whenever he can & got stuck in when required, yeah, he made the odd mistake, he plays for Hearts not PSG, he's bound to make the odd one but overall, more than decent. 

Still adapting to the Scottish game, and no doubt culture, but already miles better within a couple of weeks of getting here, wouldn't have argued against man of the match tonight. 

J.T.F.Robertson
24 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Like the look of this fella. Not scared to play with the ball, like to be direct, looking to get forward whenever he can & got stuck in when required, yeah, he made the odd mistake, he plays for Hearts not PSG, he's bound to make the odd one but overall, more than decent. 

Well said, Nelly. Plus he's only just off Qantas, ffs!

wattie exploited

thought he played well tonight and that great cross along the 6 yard box was just needing boyce to get on the end of it :rifle:

Guest ToqueJambo

He seems like a player who can get you clapping and willing the team on, so mistakes can be more easily forgiven. Just never gives up and always wants to go forward. We've really lacked these characters in recent seasons. Devlin, Sibbick and Atkinson all seem like players who will connect with the crowd simply by giving their all in every game, Cochrane too. Fantastic that most of them are tied to long contracts.

Thought he was our best player tonight. Looks a bit suspect defensively but very good going forward. Even after Mitchell’s assault on him.

He literally swung from really good to really shite minute by minute. No idea what some folk are waxing lyrical about here. Potential player there? 100% but his overall performance tonight was not great

Had to deal with a lot of the ball, got bundled a couple of times. Up and at them , he had strong burst with a couple of good balls in. Not totally aware of his surroundings, he seems to be fitting in. Had fits and starts in this one. over come them. Thought he showed he can handle the game here, just needs to continue what he is doing. Will have much better games, this one is a tough call as it is 100 miles and hour at times, make a mistake and it is a sprint to get back into cover. I like him, he is going to be successful. Has a winners attitude with a very good ability to put a ball across the six yard box. 

Wee bit to learn but has pace, skill and a good engine. Coped really well considering he’ll have never experienced anything like last night before. Just 22 years old. Great prospect. 

Vlad the impaler
27 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Can't believe folk thought he was decent. He looked absolutely rank 

Dunno what game you were watching

After getting caught on the ball a couple of times early on he really grew into the game and was tremendous going forward. A far better option at wing back than Smith and looks like he is only going to be getting better. 

kingantti1874
33 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Can't believe folk thought he was decent. He looked absolutely rank 

Jesus… have you considered switching to netball or something. Football may not be for you 

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Dunno what game you were watching

Boy can't cross and gets caught in pocession. Arrived all hyped up and I think a few are kidding themselves he's any good

It's pretty clear that Atkinson's a really good addition to the team. He's energetic and skilful and should only get better. And he was one of our top players last night. For the people saying he can't cross - 1/ he laid one on a plate for Cochrane against Auchinleck, 2/ he put a cross on Haliiday's head on Saturday that should have resulted in a goal 3/ he put one across the face of the goal last night that a sharp striker would have gobbled up. He's a player who knows what he's doing.

11 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

God knows what you boys were watching. Dodgy in the extreme.

Atkinson was the one with the beard playing right wing back, getting from end to end and either beating or flattening the opposition. He could work on crosses though.

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Boy can't cross and gets caught in pocession. Arrived all hyped up and I think a few are kidding themselves he's any good

He did get caught a couple times especially early on but ffs it was his first derby and took a him some time to settle and adjust to the pace. He was instrumental in us getting a grip in the game though so the rest of your posts on him are pretty much nonsense. 

Big John Colquhoun

Early days but if we’re going to persist with playing 3 at the back then we need to have far more attacking threat from our wingbacks. Looks like he might add something going forward, few decent balls in and drive to the byline a few times. Flip side defensively not as good as Smith, positioning suspect a few times and might be a weakness. Will definitely need time to get up to the speed of the game here.

I thought he had a great game, his final ball let him down at times but he fizzed a great one across in the first half that Boyce should have gambled on. Was very good defensively as well, can't recall anything getting past him and he handled Mitchell well in the second half. Has pace to burn and doesn't panic with the ball at his feet either. 

Some people on here need to give the guy a break. He's only just arrived, he's young, it was his first Derby, he worked his socks off the entire match, and had some decent runs and tackles. All I see here is a great bit of business, and a massive prospect. This guy will only get better and better.

11 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

I have been really impressed with him. Love watching him going forward, always looks dangerous and like he is going to make something happen. Also showed that he can defend tonight as well, barely gave Mitchell kick of the ball when he game on.

Good on the lad. 

Mitchell skinned him twice.

7 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Some people on here need to give the guy a break. He's only just arrived, he's young, it was his first Derby, he worked his socks off the entire match, and had some decent runs and tackles. All I see here is a great bit of business, and a massive prospect. This guy will only get better and better.

This.

11 hours ago, Balaclava said:

Thought he was decent tonight. Not really getting the MOTM shouts, thought Kingsley was better.

Only criticism so far is it feels you can see the cogs turning in his head when he has the ball. Was how he made that mistake against Celtic and happened a few times tonight. Needs to just make the decision quicker. However I think he will get up to the pace of the game over here and be good for us. 

I'd be surprised if he's ever played in matches of such intensity and frenetic speed as the Celtic game and last night. Once he adapts he'll be a real good signing as you can see he has all the necessary...

42 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Agree 100%. Travelled half way round the world, probably short of game time and not fully up to speed. Really enthused about him.  

Glamorgan Jambo

Jeepers creepers he's hardly off the plane and has been thrown in at the deep end to a totally different type of football than he's played before.

The guy looks very promising. A proper wing back which we'll need assuming we plan to continue with 3 at the back. Yes he made a few mistakes but offers far more of a threat going forward than any of the alternatives. Another very decent spot by the scouting team.

I like him, Glad he wanted to stay on after the head knock, Think with Smith pushing him he's going to be some player. Just needs a bit time to get up to speed with the game here, Funny to see people write him off already

7 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I like him, Glad he wanted to stay on after the head knock, Think with Smith pushing him he's going to be some player. Just needs a bit time to get up to speed with the game here, Funny to see people write him off already

I don't think one person has done that.

I thought he was a mixed bag last night like the rest of them. Some good things and some not so good.

One of our top 2/3 performers last night and will improve, early days for him, new team mates, new team, new country.

Cammy is good, but Natty has more skill and every bit as much determination. definitely a great acquisition. 

Like Atkinson a lot. Battles every game and he's so difficult to get the ball off of. He deserves full credit for the start to life at Hearts that he has made.

The Apprentice

I do like him but perhaps guilty of trying to overplay it last night. A few times he won the ball and kept possession but then tried to do too much and gave it away. Considering its still very early days there's definitely something there to work with once he settles in fully.

4 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

I do like him but perhaps guilty of trying to overplay it last night. A few times he won the ball and kept possession but then tried to do too much and gave it away. Considering its still very early days there's definitely something there to work with once he settles in fully.

I agree, not sure why we need to hype players up or destroy them, lets appreciate their skills but feel free to point out where we think they can improve.

Love his tenacity and a few of his tackles were great but a lot of waste in possession. Hopefully that gets ironed out as he gets used to the pace of the league.

jambogirlglasgow
2 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Jeepers creepers he's hardly off the plane and has been thrown in at the deep end to a totally different type of football than he's played before.

The guy looks very promising. A proper wing back which we'll need assuming we plan to continue with 3 at the back. Yes he made a few mistakes but offers far more of a threat going forward than any of the alternatives. Another very decent spot by the scouting team.

Exactly this. What an effort he put in. Ten years or so younger than Smith- room for improvement but what a start he’s made. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Atkinson