**Official Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell Match day thread**

WDJ87

Whoo! First time starting one of these 😃

Let's get back to winning ways, play 2 up top... 4 at the back if Halkett and Smith can't make it. Simms to start alongside Boyce... 3-1 Hearts. 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• Harry Potter

• Geoff Kilpatrick

4 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Let's get back to winning ways, play 2 up top... 4 at the back if Halkett and Smith can't make it. Simms to start alongside Boyce... 3-1 Hearts. 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Drop Boyce for someone, anyone.

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Hope not too many injuries from tonight. Simms for Gino as a definite 

Halkett and Smith are worrying, innocuous injuries are never good. Mackay struggling at the end too 😣 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Drop Boyce for someone, anyone.

I understand the frustration with Boyce, his all round game was poor this evening. But yet again, he scored. One goal off top goalscorer in the league. We've often over the years been desperate for someone to stick the ball in the net and Boyce does that. If he was great at all the rest of it too (which he sometimes is to be fair to him), he wouldn't be at Hearts. I think as long as he's scoring he needs to play, the Simms lad looked decent and will definitely add something, but I think we would miss Boyce's goals without him in the team.

1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

Nice one.

I think the way the game tonight developed has set up the team going forward.

Halkett is a blow of course.

But Atkinson has good impact and will learn. Baningime is back. I think Haring might be better than Devlin. 

And Simms suddenly gives us a partnership with Boyce that changes the whole dynamic. See for example even Mackay-Steven could make some impact around that. 

2-0 Hearts.

Edited by Mikey1874

3-0. Beni will make a huge difference.  Devlin deserves to be benched.  Atkinson to start for Smith.  Boyce ans Simms up front.

Hope McKay is OK.

PhoenixHearts

Injuries might force us into a back 4. If so, standard 442 with Gino and McKay in free roles behind the strikers

Gordon

Atkinson

Souttar

Kingsley

Cochrane

McKay

Haring

Baningime

Ginnelly

Boyce

Simms

If Moore is fit to go then we'll stick to the back 3 in a 3412

Gordon

Moore

Souttar 

Kingsley

Atkinson 

Haring

Baningime

Cochrane

Mckay

Simms

Boyce

5 hours ago, Waterboy said:

I understand the frustration with Boyce, his all round game was poor this evening. But yet again, he scored. One goal off top goalscorer in the league. We've often over the years been desperate for someone to stick the ball in the net and Boyce does that. If he was great at all the rest of it too (which he sometimes is to be fair to him), he wouldn't be at Hearts. I think as long as he's scoring he needs to play, the Simms lad looked decent and will definitely add something, but I think we would miss Boyce's goals without him in the team.

I'm just pissed off. Still am.

This one is a 6 pointer and a must win, if we have any ambition of finishing 3rd. The players will want to put tonight out of their minds and I am predicting a routine 3-1 Win for the Hearts.

Same level of support as last night and we’ll be fine, I go 3-1 , Ellis, Kingsley free kick and Bazza to grab his 1st.

SomethingAboutObua

Gutted I'm missing this one, think we'll hammer them but after a slow start. If Moore can replace Halkett and dominate van Veen for their hoofball their game's done. Simms to score his first goal as well I think. 

5-0, no goals for McKay though 

3 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Injuries might force us into a back 4. If so, standard 442 with Gino and McKay in free roles behind the strikers

Gordon

Atkinson

Souttar

Kingsley

Cochrane

McKay

Haring

Baningime

Ginnelly

Boyce

Simms

Gordon

Moore

Souttar 

Kingsley

Atkinson 

Haring

Baningime

Cochrane

Mckay

Simms

Boyce

Second one for me. If Moore doesn’t make it, Smith had a back spasm so maybe fit. I’d play Devlin over Haring but we discussed that last night. Simms looks like he’s going to give us a totally different option up front, looking forward to seeing more of him. 

I really couldn't hazard a guess at the score. 

Motherwell completely over ran our midfield at fir park last year. Id be tempted to start with three in there. 

Beni, Haring & Mceneff

Mceneff deserves a run in the team and Devlin has been on a poor run of form, last night he was a headless chicken. 

Mceneff may also bring some desperately needed goals from midfield. 

Hopefully Moore is fit. 

A win will be a huge step towards finishing 3rd .

Get the 4 at the back out the window , if it has to be Souttar, Haring and Kingsley so be it but get Cochrane and Natty used as wing backs , 

Always important to get back on the horse after a fall.  2-0 Hearts

Edited by TexasAndy

Any news on Smith, Halkett and Moore?

Think we can still just about get away with a back three if we go Souttar-Haring-Kingsley. Maybe a 4-3-3 could work as well

If we are learning the lessons of the Motherwell away game and last night we will play 3-5 2.

Would love to see Beni, Pete and Cammy play together in the middle.

Would love to see a 4312 formation with Boyce and Simms up top and McKay with a free role in behind them.

If Halkett, Smith and Moore are still injured we could go with

Gordon

Atkinson

Souttar

Kingsley

Cochrane

Beni

Haring or Devlin

McEneff

Mackay

Boyce

Simms

Motherwell really exploited Beni and Cammy last time we played them by sticking an extra central midfielder in there. We ended up being over run and it was one of our worst performances of the season.

Get two up top, match there 3 in the centre of the park and our better quality level of player will take care of the rest. I went for McEneff in a midfield three as a three of Beni, Haring and Cammy is to defensive, especially at Tynecastle.

3-1 Hearts with McKay getting his first goal in the famous maroon shirt.

3 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

Would love to see a 4312 formation with Boyce and Simms up top and McKay with a free role in behind them.

If Halkett, Smith and Moore are still injured we could go with

Gordon

Atkinson

Souttar

Kingsley

Cochrane

Beni

Haring or Devlin

McEneff

Mackay

Boyce

Simms

Motherwell really exploited Beni and Cammy last time we played them by sticking an extra central midfielder in there. We ended up being over run and it was one of our worst performances of the season.

Get two up top, match there 3 in the centre of the park and our better quality level of player will take care of the rest. I went for McEneff in a midfield three as a three of Beni, Haring and Cammy is to defensive, especially at Tynecastle.

3-1 Hearts with McKay getting his first goal in the famous maroon shirt.

I like that team. Defo Haring instead of Devlin, he's been declining and needs a break. McEneff needs used more although I wouldn't complain if Pollock was used instead. 

7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Drop Boyce and change the formation that has brought us so much success already this season! Never change JKB, never change ....

Broken Hearts podcast has a feature on the pish slavered on JKB in every episode,  next episode could be hours long on this topic alone.

Anyway 4-0 Hearts.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

This one is a 6 pointer and a must win, if we have any ambition of finishing 3rd. The players will want to put tonight out of their minds and I am predicting a routine 3-1 Win for the Hearts.

Nah we could lose it and still finish 3rd.

Think we'll win tho. 

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

Atkinson  Beni  Haring  Halliday 

McKay       Boyce

Simms 

38 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

Atkinson  Beni  Haring  Halliday 

McKay       Boyce

Simms 

Doubt Halkett will play after last night. Not against Halliday, thought Cochrane was poor last night and at fault for the second goal. Lost the ball then was ball watching as it was played behind him. Halliday was decent when he came on last night. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Any word on Woodburn’s fitness. 

Nothing since this on Tuesday

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-v-celtic-team-news-on-taylor-moore-john-souttar-ben-woodburn-and-beni-baningime-3540090

“Both [Baningime and Woodburn] are fit and both trained full training on Sunday and Monday. They will both be available for the game on Wednesday,” said Neilson, still working on new signings before the January transfer window closes.

Just now, BigAlim said:

Nothing since this on Tuesday

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-v-celtic-team-news-on-taylor-moore-john-souttar-ben-woodburn-and-beni-baningime-3540090

“Both [Baningime and Woodburn] are fit and both trained full training on Sunday and Monday. They will both be available for the game on Wednesday,” said Neilson, still working on new signings before the January transfer window closes.

Thanks again. 👍

Well Well **** your Well

Well well **** your Well

Well well **** your Well

**** your Motherwell

Boycie double Simms hat trick.

Huge game. Massive.

Id play Beni, Woodburn and Simms with Halliday likely to come in also due to injuries. 
Win this and it sets us up superbly for the trip to the vermin shitehole.

2-1 Hearts

Pump these *****. Please don't play the way we did a fir park. That was fecking torture. The first time I've ever left early.

Neverforgetfiveone
13 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Gordon

Atkinson

Souttar

Kingsley

Cochrane

McKay

Haring

Baningime

Ginnelly

Boyce

Simms

Gordon

Moore

Souttar 

Kingsley

Atkinson 

Haring

Baningime

Cochrane

Mckay

Simms

Boyce

I don’t profess to being a footballing tactical genius but….

We play 343, we’ve played 343 for months. We’ve played well playing 343. It’s got us into a solid 3rd in the league. We play a specific was. We play and have played good football all season. Especially at home. Best football I’ve seen hearts play in almost a decade.

So, why on earth do we want to go back to a dinosaur 442 formation? When we were 4 at the back last night we got slaughtered, outnumbered, outfought and outthought.

Stick with what we know, what we are good at, what we have trained for months to do. When we reverted back to a back 3 last night we were much better.

Only problem Neilson has is the team selection, injuries might force his hand… but for the sake of Jesus Christ our lord and saviour - don’t go back to a 442 ever again!

Rant over 😂

6 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Well Well **** your Well

Well well **** your Well

Well well **** your Well

**** your Motherwell

Boycie double Simms hat trick.

Surely can come up with a better song than that ?!

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

In your Hamilton slums ! 

9 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

If you hate the ****ing hibees clap your hands

3 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Broken Hearts podcast has a feature on the pish slavered on JKB in every episode,  next episode could be hours long on this topic alone.

Anyway 4-0 Hearts.

Definitely a lot of material to be found on JKB. I'd love to see a Gogglebox reworking where certain prominent posters are filmed reading and responding to JKB threads. Hearts PJ's and slobbers everywhere!

Atkinson

Moore

Souttar

Kingsley

Cochrane

Devlin

Baningame

McKay

Boyce

GMS

Yes, some folks had a bad night last night but this is Motherwell, not Celtic. That team should be enough to get a 2-0.

(Obviously start Halkett if fit.)