Big John Souttar

Thomaso

Right guys if you boo’ed Souttar against St Johnstone you have made your point. I totally understand and share the anger and frustrations and I think our feelings on his actions were made crystal clear to him.

Tomorrow is a massive game for us against a team we despise, so we need to set aside the issues surrounding Souttar and give all our players 100% backing for the whole 90 minutes and that includes John Souttar!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• Factuer Moi

• Chillidigits

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Right guys if you boo’ed Souttar against St Johnstone you have made your point. I totally understand and share the anger and frustrations and I think our feelings on his actions were made crystal clear to him.

Tomorrow is a massive game for us against a team we despise, so we need to set aside the issues surrounding Souttar and give all our players 100% backing for the whole 90 minutes and that includes John Souttar!

Well said - Totally agree

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Can’t argue with that. 

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Never give that lot anything , get right behind john souttar from the start, and do them.......

jamboinglasgow

Completely agree. What we want is Hearts to win, booing Souttar during the match will not achieve that. And I am pretty sure he knows how fans feel about his move to Rangers.

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He will be booed enough by the mhanks.

It would be cringe worthy to cheer the guy though. 

Even if he scores a last minute winner?

Yup, I have no time of day for him, but the point has been made clear to him - and anyone else to take notice - that we won’t be happy if our own players go to a rival, in the way he has.

But anyone who happy claps should be examined.

Don' think we have to cheer him specifically, just cheer the team.

Booing a Hearts player against St Johnstone is one thing, but providing a negative atmosphere at home against Celtic just defies any logic whatsoever

Absolutely bang on.  I don't like how JS has gone about this whole thing at all, but the last thing we need is to be getting on our players' backs as this can only be a positive for the smellies.  I'm sure he's under no illusions as to how the support feel after the St J game, so job done.

kingantti1874

Agreed.. I defended people right to boo and I don’t think Souttar should play.

however if he does play, and you feel like booing please just be silent.

John Souttar isn’t bigger than hearts. He knows we are pissed more booing won’t help..

let’s focus on beating that filth. If Souttar doesn’t put in effort, or shits a challenge then ****ing boo him when he walks off

I don’t think he’ll play tomorrow but I agree, no booing if he does. We need to get right behind the team straight from kick off.

Clark Griswold
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Agreed.. I defended people right to boo and I don’t think Souttar should play.

however if he does play, and you feel like booing please just be silent.

John Souttar isn’t bigger than hearts. He knows we are pissed more booing won’t help..

let’s focus on beating that filth. If Souttar doesn’t put in effort, or shits a challenge then ****ing boo him when he walks off

Agreed.

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Even if he scores a last minute winner?

I will cheer the team scoring a goal, naturally. 

Boo/don't boo/clap/don't clap him. Do whatever you want imo.

Personally I'd go in for a good booing when his name's read out and leave it at that 

14 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Good post mate, agree 👍

13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yeah I agree. The point has been made we’re not happy with him but this club is going places with or without John Souttar. 

27 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Agree, Souttar probably knows more than most how the Hearts fans feel about him right now. Lets try and get right behind the team as we have a great chance of doing the home double against Celtic.

21 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Wouldn't surprise me

It would surprise me, 4 goals in 6 years ? I think, says he won't,.

40 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Post of the year so far.  I totally agree.

Also if nobody boo's him then people won't feel the need to clap his every touch either (which was clearly just to oppose / drown out the booing).

47 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Those who boo Souttar only

aid Rangers attempts to bully us into accepting a late derisory bid. Back the team. All of the team. 

59 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Good post, agree

22 minutes ago, Kxf51 said:

It would surprise me, 4 goals in 6 years ? I think, says he won't,.

It's 5 goals he has for us, but 3 have been this season.  He's obviously made an effort to improve in this area.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Lets just boo him at the full time whistle :lol:

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

It's 5 goals he has for us, but 3 have been this season.  He's obviously made an effort to improve in this area.

The first goal he allegedly scored was on own goal, even with that 7 career goals with one a penalty means it’s unlikely he will score tomorrow but let’s hope he does.

Ex member of the SaS

TBF the booing ( if at all ) should have been when the team was announced and stopped after he first played the ball. To continue booing every time he touched the ball was OTT. 

I do have issues with him going to Sevco but he has made his choice and the sooner he goes the better for all concerned. Our priorities now are a replacement and a striker.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, naeclue said:

Is Souttar still on penalties? Will we boo our own guy as he strolls up for the pen?

He was on them against St Johnstone, that would’ve been interesting. Boyce back so unlikely he’s on them. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Boo/don't boo/clap/don't clap him. Do whatever you want imo.

Personally I'd go in for a good booing when his name's read out and leave it at that 

Sounds good to me, maybe after if he’s been shit and we get beat. 

21 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

👍

I Booed him in the St Johnstone game but I have made my point and he knows what some/most/all fans think.

Against Celtic the only booing will be aimed at the ref who no doubt will be dodgy as ****

No booing no clapping no middle finger or words like Get to **** ya dirty smelly snake skinned hun ****ing *******.

Sounds rotten

Whether he gets pelters or not won't affect the outcome of the game one little bit.

I'll cheer him if he scores or does something worthwhile but not just because.

I might boo him if he looks disinterested or fecks up.

That's my tuppence worth.

Young team will boo him then start singing Hullo Hullo 😂

Agree with the OP the point has been made last week, Move on and back the boy's tomorrow night to get a result! 

Souttar is a ***** but it is as simple as this:

If you want us to beat Celtic then don't boo.

If you want to lose to Celtic then boo.

highlandjambo3
20 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Lets just boo him at the full time whistle :lol:

That’s a tough call……3-0 up and the ref blows for full time 😁

If you have to boo then do it when his name is read out at the start. Once the whistle goes lets just get behind the team and make it a horrible poisonous atmosphere for celtic rather than our own team.