Next 5 games

boag1874

Hearts v Celtic 26/1

Hearts v Motherwell 29/1

Hibs v Hearts 1/2

Rangers v Hearts 6/2

Hearts v Dundee 9/2

Hardest run of games we’ve had yet & could potentially make or break our season. The derby is obviously the big one, they’ll deffo be up for it & we need to be too, I firmly believe we’re the better side & we’ve owned them at ER the last few seasons but they keep getting a new manager bounce in this fixture & that needs put a stop to asap.

Wins against Dundee & Motherwell at home are absolutely essential, Celtic & Rangers I’m never confident against but this might be the best time to play Celtic especially with the amount of key players they’re missing.

Bring it tf on, come on the JTS.

15 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Hearts v Celtic 26/1

Hearts v Motherwell 29/1

Hibs v Hearts 1/2

Rangers v Hearts 6/2

Hearts v Dundee 9/2

Hardest run of games we’ve had yet & could potentially make or break our season. The derby is obviously the big one, they’ll deffo be up for it & we need to be too, I firmly believe we’re the better side & we’ve owned them at ER the last few seasons but they keep getting a new manager bounce in this fixture & that needs put a stop to asap.

Wins against Dundee & Motherwell at home are absolutely essential, Celtic & Rangers I’m never confident against but this might be the best time to play Celtic especially with the amount of key players they’re missing.

If we get a draw against the uglies and win the other3 I think most folk would take 11 points from 15 right now.

am gawn for a clean sweep of 15 points and the race for 2nd is on!

Edited by Pans Jambo

We must win our home games against Motherwell and Dundee if we've got any aspirations of challenging at the top of the league. Hibs away is definatley winable so we must be looking for 3 points there but it is a derby and Hibs will be thinking the same and will have a lot to say about it. Celtic at home and we have a great chance to take something from the game what with the players they will be missing but away at Ibrox anything we can get will be a big bonus so I'm not looking for anything. So I'll take 10points from the 15 on offer right now (but secretly hoping for 12 and only dropping points at Ibrox).

PS I've just read that back and if we do get 12 points I'll be doing cartwheels al the way along Gorgie Road.

49 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

If we get a draw against the uglies and win the other3 I think most folk would take 11 points from 15 right now.

am gawn for a clean sweep of 15 points and the race for 2nd is on!

11 points would be a hell of a marker to lay down for the next few months

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

Hearts v Celtic 26/1

Hearts v Motherwell 29/1

Hibs v Hearts 1/2

Rangers v Hearts 6/2

Hearts v Dundee 9/2

5 big games.  Bring it on :)

3 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Hearts v Celtic 26/1

Hearts v Motherwell 29/1

Hibs v Hearts 1/2

Rangers v Hearts 6/2

Hearts v Dundee 9/2

Yes, together with the cup tie a season defining run of games in the space of less than three weeks. The type of run you need a big squad for?????

Bazzas right boot

We had a thread for the next 3 games, then the next 4... now 5.

Can wait for the sequel. 

If results go well, 3rd could be pretty much over for the rest. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, together with the cup tie a season defining run of games in the space of less than three weeks. The type of run you need a big squad for?????

Or fit, good players!!!!! 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If we got a couple new signings and take 13 points.... ooft. 

The world is our ouster. all about the winning mentality. Once it sticks it is staying . Fancy us to have the stronger mindset as a unit, this will be crucial in taking all points available.

HeartsandonlyHearts

I’d say 10 points would be good. 
We won’t get much help tomorrow or against Newco from the powers that be. We’re on our own.

InternationalJambo

9 points is a realistic target in all honesty. Anything more than that and I’ll be ecstatic as we will be well clear in third. 

Edited by InternationalJambo

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We had a thread for the next 3 games, then the next 4... now 5.

Can wait for the sequel. 

If results go well, 3rd could be pretty much over for the rest. 

8 points clear. Results (ours and elsewhere) go for us in the next 2 game days and no one is catching us IMO

6 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Hearts v Celtic 26/1

Hearts v Motherwell 29/1

Hibs v Hearts 1/2

Rangers v Hearts 6/2

Hearts v Dundee 9/2

Trying to find the bookie that gave these prices? 

have Motherwell and Dundee made some huge signings?

aach whatever ,I’m in for a fiver roll up 👌

Actually lost count of how many 'season defining' run of games and 'must win' matches we've had to navigate this season. We just need to acquire the same points as the teams below us. Gap maintained. Nothing to get over excited about ...

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Actually lost count of how many 'season defining' run of games and 'must win' matches we've had to navigate this season. We just need to acquire the same points as the teams below us. Gap maintained. Nothing to get over excited about ...

The very reason why we are having season defining games is due to us having a season out of nowhere. I believed we could get back into shape, it took decades longer than i thought though. Proving we have everything to get excited about.

2 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

The very reason why we are having season defining games is due to us having a season out of nowhere. I believed we could get back into shape, it took decades longer than i thought though. Proving we have everything to get excited about.

Only a season out of nowhere if you didn't recognise how good a manger Neilson is. Completely expected for the believers.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Only a season out of nowhere if you didn't recognise how good a manger Neilson is. Completely expected for the believers.

A deliberate elbow there, yellow card. 

14 points from those 5 games would be unbelievable.

Sorry for making the same joke again, but last time I did it went completely over the heads of several posters who couldn't wait to point out that it's not possible to get 14 points from 5 games.  

Personally I think 9 points is what we can get. Wins v Dundee and Motherwell are obviously our best bet. Though not a given. The other 3 anything can happen. I think those predicting at least 11 points are being ruled by their "hearts" 🤔. Points against R and C are possible but unlikely. Anything can happen in a derby. But we can hope 👍 

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Sorry for making the same joke again, but last time I did it went completely over the heads of several posters who couldn't wait to point out that it's not possible to get 14 points from 5 games.  

5 wins but a point deducted by the SPL  for not rolling over and giving John Souttar to Rangers for £50k and a bag of oranges?

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Yeah i remember your post. i was looking for full points or 13

I don't know why the OP picked out the next 5 games, given that the 5th of those games is a home tie against Dundee who are currently second bottom.  It's the next 4 games that could prove pivotal, as we play the rest of the top 5.

For me the crucial games are Motherwell and Hibs, if we can win those then we take 6 points and anything we can get from the OF games is a bonus.  We are currently 8 points ahead of Motherwell and 10 ahead of Hibs, so if we beat both of them the best they can do is pick up 9 points in their next 4 games.

Even if we lose to Celtic and Rangers, the best either Motherwell or Hibs could do if we beat them both is close the gap by 3 points, and they play each other tomorrow night, so they can't both do that.  Ideally they draw tomorrow night, so even if we lose, we remain 7 points above Motherwell and 9 above Hibs.

Big couple of weeks that's for sure. The win vs Saints coupled with defeats for Hibs and Well put is in a great position, dare I say with a little room for error, but within reason. Motherwell on Saturday is a must win game for me, and at the very least a point down at Easter Road next Tuesday. Anything vs the uglies is a bonus.

I’m sure someone on here said that the target to get 3rd had to be 60 points, which is 7 wins out of 17.

When you look at what we have left at home excluding OF (Motherwell, Livi, Dundee, Hibs, Aberdeen plus after split games), 7 wins should be very achievable as 4 of the   5 games pre split should be a W. For any of the rest to get to 60, Motherwell need to win 10 out of 17, Hibs 11 out of 17 and Aberdeen 11 out of 16. Considering that 4 of those games are against the OF, the odds of them getting to that points tally is highly unlikely. For us, it would still mean only having to win half our games outside those fixtures. 

I’d be comfortable taking 8 or 9 from the next 5 games, especially if we could turn over Motherwell and while wanting the win, I’d take even a draw from Hibs game as that lessens the chance that they could get anywhere near 60 points.

I think you could get 3rd on less than 60, as none of our challengers are likely to be consistent enough to put that sort of run together.

A_A wehatethehibs

I think 7-9 points is the fair and realistic expectations from those 5 games. We need to be beating dross like Hibs and Dundee. Motherwell are a good team this season, so expect a tight game. 

With the OF, the expectation is we’ll get beat, so let the shackles off and have a go, that’s how we should go about our business tonight. Let’s get Tynecastle rocking 

Got a feeling we'll win 4 and lose at Ibrox. If that happened 2nd place is on imo. 

Realistically for 3rd place, beat Motherwell and Dundee and a point off Hibs would really strengthen our position. The teams around us NEED to beat us for any hope, it's unlikely this squad will go on a lengthy run of poor results and Mwell/ Hibs go on a great run. 

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Factuer Moi said:

The seasons not out of nowhere, we where always going to do well. 

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think 7-9 points is the fair and realistic expectations from those 5 games. We need to be beating dross like Hibs and Dundee. Motherwell are a good team this season, so expect a tight game. 

With the OF, the expectation is we’ll get beat, so let the shackles off and have a go, that’s how we should go about our business tonight. Let’s get Tynecastle rocking 

Not much difference between Motherwell and Hibs, Hibs could be above them by tonight. 

Motherwell should and wil 3 beaten at home comfortably. 

Hibs or Aberdeen will end up 4th imo. 

At this moment I don’t fear many in this league, if at all. 

Of course, at any time you can have an off day but we’ve found consistency. We’ve won dominating, we’ve won not playing particularly well, and I’ve always believed when a team develops that, there’s something going right.  

Hearts teams always seems like that in the past and it comes down to mentality. A mentality that’s been bred into the team but that also comes from signing the right players along with the managements influence. 

10 hours ago, RobNox said:

I don't know why the OP picked out the next 5 games, given that the 5th of those games is a home tie against Dundee who are currently second bottom.  It's the next 4 games that could prove pivotal, as we play the rest of the top 5.

For me the crucial games are Motherwell and Hibs, if we can win those then we take 6 points and anything we can get from the OF games is a bonus.  We are currently 8 points ahead of Motherwell and 10 ahead of Hibs, so if we beat both of them the best they can do is pick up 9 points in their next 4 games.

Even if we lose to Celtic and Rangers, the best either Motherwell or Hibs could do if we beat them both is close the gap by 3 points, and they play each other tomorrow night, so they can't both do that.  Ideally they draw tomorrow night, so even if we lose, we remain 7 points above Motherwell and 9 above Hibs.

I always tend to look at things in 5 game blocks. 5's just a nice satisfying number to round up to

Bazzas right boot

A JJ or even CL winnng/ unbeaten streak of around 9/ 10 games would be much welcome. 

23 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

A JJ or even CL winnng/ unbeaten streak of around 9/ 10 games would be much welcome. 

That would pretty much wrap up Europe & potentially even put us in the Champions League race going into the split

A_A wehatethehibs
26 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not much difference between Motherwell and Hibs, Hibs could be above them by tonight. 

Motherwell should and wil 3 beaten at home comfortably. 

Hibs or Aberdeen will end up 4th imo. 

Far too much respect for lochend clogger shite from you IMO. They are in a fight for top 6, St Mirren and / or DU every chance to go above them after we skelp them. 

MarkDevriesScores4

100% confident we’ll beat the hobos. Anyone that’s watched any of their recent performances will be quite relaxed about that game.

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

100% confident we’ll beat the hobos. Anyone that’s watched any of their recent performances will be quite relaxed about that game.

It’s an opportunity to put on a good team performance against a side who will be struggling without their best player, who’ve just signed a chicken hearted billy big time waste of a wage to replace him. Whereas we are a well oiled machine, no arrogant superstars, just a quality, mentally tough group of team players. Let’s take the chance to blow up their season with a complete demolition job.

Maloney will soon know what a blunder he has made leaving a top coaching job to willingly walk knee deep into seafield shite or in his case waist deep. Motherwell to beat them tonight and DU to go within a point.

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The seasons not out of nowhere, we where always going to do well. 

Yep , you and many many others predicted we would be sitting in 3rd midway. yeah right enough we all knew we were going to do well. Lot of nonsense.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Yep , you and many many others predicted we would be sitting in 3rd midway. yeah right enough we all knew we were going to do well. Lot of nonsense.

Yes some did. 

For example I said top 4 from the off. 

👍

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Far too much respect for lochend clogger shite from you IMO. They are in a fight for top 6, St Mirren and / or DU every chance to go above them after we skelp them. 

Tbh I Don't think saying they are close to Motherwell and could go above them tonight is showing hibs too much respect, 2 points between them it could happen. 

St Mirren have impressed me Tbh, they've generally been paying well, could get into the top 6.

However, I think Aberdeen will be 4th but if the teams below keep cutting each others throats and we take care of business we could be well clear and uncatchable in third very soon. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yes some did. 

For example I said top 4 from the off. 

👍

I was of the same mind, i always felt we would come back. The difference is we didn't expect this season to be as it is right now. that is what i am saying, if you thought it would be then fair enough. Always want to win the league before a ball has been kicked, even eyeing up next season . Right now we are in that lofty position, challenging the Old Firm.

So i take it back to a slight extent, still hovering over the wishing and knowing part.

I get what you are saying, fine margins an all that.

7 points (with a win against Hibs) is respectable. Anything more than that is fantastic. Personally think we'll come away with 10. Draw tonight, loss at Ibrox and win the other 3. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

I was of the same mind, i always felt we would come back. The difference is we didn't expect this season to be as it is right now. that is what i am saying, if you thought it would be then fair enough. Always want to win the league before a ball has been kicked, even eyeing up next season . Right now we are in that lofty position, challenging the Old Firm.

So i take it back to a slight extent, still hovering over the wishing and knowing part.

I get what you are saying, fine margins an all that.

Tbh, we are not challenging the of. Not yet. 

However, We are more comfortable in 3rd than I thought we'd be but that is a mixture of us doing as expected and other teams, mostly Aberdeen being a bit shitter than I originally thought. 

Always thought we'd be top 4 tho. 

Bob is good in the League. Always has been in Scotland. 

11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbh, we are not challenging the of. Not yet. 

However, We are more comfortable in 3rd than I thought we'd be but that is a mixture of us doing as expected and other teams, mostly Aberdeen being a bit shitter than I originally thought. 

Always thought we'd be top 4 tho. 

Bob is good in the League. Always has been in Scotland. 

Thing is , we had a good start. then faded a little, we have come back strong again. Not suggesting challenging for the title, i was referring to challenging them on the pitch.. I see the path the club is going on, so far i have loved it. Have been games we dominated and drew though, little aspects of the season so far we are not happy about. A learning process as we continue to stay ahead of the rest. It is remarkable. The biggest plus so far has been Joe Savage, his winning mentality has rippled through the club. Robbie has been at Hearts most of his life, i will him to be the most successful manager since 1960.

Edited by Factuer Moi