Win Jansen

Boab

Wim Jansen.   

Seemed an OK bloke.   I don't remember him coming across as an ******* like some of their managers.  I don't have a bad word to say about him. 

Sad news for his family, friends, ex-clubs, supporters. My condolences. 

August Landmesser

RIP, actually liked him as Celtic manager, always seemed a cheerful, fun guy. Brilliant accent too for shoor

12 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Might going out on a Wim here but it's not Win Jansen, unless that was his nickname

I think it's more of a typing error than a nickname.

Салатные палочки

Quite funny how he told them to bolt after winning them the double. Signed Larsson as well IIRC. Seemed a decent sort. 

44 minutes ago, been here before said:

Nutmegged by Archie in 78 before he chipped the goalie.

I love pub quiz stats like that

Sad news, too young to remember him at Celtic but you've got to say stopping that 9iar Rangers team in just one season was some achievement. That boy Larsson he signed seemed to do alright for them as well.

He never stayed long anywhere as a manager - maybe Feyenoord where he was very successful. He tended to fall out with Owners etc trying to tell him what to do.

I remember a quote where he said he he thought all journalists are complete simpletons so he refused to do interviews - that's why Murdo McLeod got the assistant's job. Murdo put out the cones and did all the media work with zero input to teams/tactics. Got McLeod a job with he BBC when Wim left, of course! 

Apparently Jock Brown as Director of Football made some suggestions and Wim just walked out on Celtic 😄

Met him and his family at Haymarket Station, when they came across from the Netherlands for Tommy Burns's funeral.

Although a sad occasion, Wimbledon was very happy to talk football. He was indeed a member of both Dutch teams that reached the World Cup Finals of 1974 and 1978.

RIP Wim. Condolences to your family and friends.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Might going out on a Wim here but it's not Win Jansen, unless that was his nickname

Yea, apologies.

Some phone predictive text malarky.

53 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Met him and his family at Haymarket Station, when they came across from the Netherlands for Tommy Burns's funeral.

Although a sad occasion, Wimbledon was very happy to talk football. He was indeed a member of both Dutch teams that reached the World Cup Finals of 1974 and 1978.

RIP Wim. Condolences to your family and friends.

Also a player in the Feyenoord team that beat Celtic in the 1970 European Cup Final.

5 minutes ago, davieholt said:

is that even legal?

It was then apparently ( I’m sure I corrected that as well 😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, davieholt said:

is that even legal?

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) rights in Argentina are among the most advanced in the world. Upon legalising same-sex marriage on 15 July 2010, Argentina became the first country in Latin America, the second in the Americas, and the tenth in the world to do so.[2] Following Argentina's transition to a democracy in 1983, its laws have become more inclusive and accepting of LGBT people, as has public opinion.[

Likely was illegal when that game was played in 78

Edited by Factuer Moi

For some reason I am now thinking of the old song by The Tokens . . . . .  The Lion Sleeps Tonight. Aka 'Whimoway.'   RIP Wim.