Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

Jeffros Furios
4 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Ah, that explains it. I now understand that as some Ukrainians were badly treated about a hundred years ago then they were entitled to exterminate Jews who were also citizens of the Soviet Union. They are also entitled to continue to persecute ethnic Russians who live in Ukraine on the same basis.

I'm not so keen to accept that they have abandoned their links to the Nazis though. I'm surpriised you missed this as i had you pegged for a Sun reader. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17433249/neo-nazis-russia-ukraine-war-mad-max/ The israelis getting upset too https://www.timesofisrael.com/hundreds-march-in-ukraine-in-annual-tribute-to-nazi-collaborator/ Lets go all-in with the antisemites though, at least it isn't Jeremy Corbyn.

You know nothing of my family, i merely pointed out that in ww2 the UK and Russia fought on the same side against fascism.

Is seems you  are the person who reads The Sun and the Azov guys are the same guys mentiomed in previous posts. 

I could post pictures of British soldiers next to Combat18 or BNP flags , does that make all our military nazis ? 

Like your doing with the Ukranians ? 

The fact is Russia invaded another country which you seem OK with .

Your right I know nothing of your family and you know nothing about mine .

You are a Putin  apologist and its not a good look .

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Yes I certainly hope Ukraine doesn’t trust the US as their likely to be indifferent to their plight. 

You are absolutely correct 

Let's not forget that Donetsk and Lugansk have been destroyed not by Russians but by the Ukrainian military who have shelled and dropped phosephoures bombs onto civilians. 

20 hours ago, Cruyff said:

:lol: that would be shite. Better stock up on potassium and iodine pills. 

I've got some Vitamin D and Calcium pills in the cupboard. Will they do?

14 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Is seems you  are the person who reads The Sun and the Azov guys are the same guys mentiomed in previous posts. 

I could post pictures of British soldiers next to Combat18 or BNP flags , does that make all our military nazis ? 

Just like Britain and the USA invaded Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan et al Go to Ukraine my friend and meet these cuddly Ukrainian Nazi's who think that Hitler was a great guy, that Jews Poles and Russians should be exterminated and that the wrong side lost the war. 

29 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Go to cities like Mariupol on the sea of Azov where the Ukrainian military have commandeered the best performing high school in the city for their troops and hung SS insignia onto the gates. Then go to Kiev and walk down Stepan Bandera Boulevard named after a Nazi mass murderer and war criminal. The western Ukrainians complain about the famine of the 1930s instigated by Stalin, a Georgian,  and forget to mention that lots of other nationalities died in the famine including Russians. 

What a ridiculous statement.

You mention Azov - that is the specific batallion that is mentioned in every Google report I've read. And there is only one report from  2014.

Like I said, context. 

I don't intend to get into a pissing contest on Ukraine so I'll end  with this (as far as you're concerned) . I do know a bit about Ukraine from  a mate whose parents were Ukranian slave labourers in Germany and escaped post war to the UK so no need for any visits. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

What a ridiculous statement.

You mention Azov - that is the specific batallion that is mentioned in every Google report I've read. And there is only one report from  2014.

Like I said, context. 

I don't intend to get into a pissing contest on Ukraine so I'll end  with this (as far as you're concerned) . I do know a bit about Ukraine from  a mate whose parents were Ukranian slave labourers in Germany and escaped post war to the UK so no need for any visits. 

Good grief Mariupol is a city of 500,000 on the Sea of Azov. It was not the Azov Brigade who hung SS insignia and Swastikas from their barracks but a regular Ukrainian Army unit. The west should not be supporting Nazi's. Full stop.

7 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The leader of the Waffen ss in Ukraine had a state funeral attended by the current president's bodyguard in an official capacity. Politicians lay wreaths at Bandera's grave. We don't do that for our fascists and we don't allow our soldiers to wear nNazi insignia.

Obviously it might be bad PR to go around sporting swastikas at every opportunity but support for fascism and the Nazis is commonplace in Ukraine. The azov's have assimilated, rebranded and expanded into mainstream.  https://www.illiberalism.org/far-right-group-made-its-home-in-ukraines-major-western-military-training-hub/ 

I'm comfortable with the annexation of Crimea if that's what you are referring to. Better if it didn't happen but as it had a majority Russian population that was being persecuted by their own government it seemed having a referendum was a good solution especially as the Crimea has few long historical links with the Crimea.

I may be a Putin apologist but i can easily recognise that he has done many unacceptable things. You on the other hand attempted to justify the murderous actions of fascists because their forebears may have been badly treated.

Jeffros Furios
20 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Just like Britain and the USA invaded Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan et al Go to Ukraine my friend and meet these cuddly Ukrainian Nazi's who think that Hitler was a great guy, that Jews Poles and Russians should be exterminated and that the wrong side lost the war. 

Another Putin apologist who calls Ukranians nazis , I suppose you don't have a problem with Russia invading Ukraine which is the topic ?  

And the Russians have killed plenty Poles and Jews .

Jeffros Furios
13 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

The leader of the Waffen ss in Ukraine had a state funeral attended by the current president's bodyguard in an official capacity. Politicians lay wreaths at Bandera's grave. We don't do that for our fascists and we don't allow our soldiers to wear nNazi insignia.

Obviously it might be bad PR to go around sporting swastikas at every opportunity but support for fascism and the Nazis is commonplace in Ukraine. The azov's have assimilated, rebranded and expanded into mainstream.  https://www.illiberalism.org/far-right-group-made-its-home-in-ukraines-major-western-military-training-hub/ 

I'm comfortable with the annexation of Crimea if that's what you are referring to. Better if it didn't happen but as it had a majority Russian population that was being persecuted by their own government it seemed having a referendum was a good solution especially as the Crimea has few long historical links with the Crimea.

I may be a Putin apologist but i can easily recognise that he has done many unacceptable things. You on the other hand attempted to justify the murderous actions of fascists because their forebears may have been badly treated.

Enjoy the rest of your night Doug .

18 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Another Putin apologist who calls Ukranians nazis , I suppose you don't have a problem with Russia invading Ukraine which is the topic ?  

And the Russians have killed plenty Poles and Jews .

The Russians do not honour and celebrate mass murders. Nor should any civilised state. 

aye? well they're all neo nazis ken

aye? well they're all commies ken

:vrface:What a mess this thread is

2 hours ago, Cade said:

:vrface:What a mess this thread is

100% this.

Horrendous. 

4 hours ago, Libertarian said:

The Russians do not honour and celebrate mass murders. Nor should any civilised state. 

They should.

They surpassed the Nazis with their death toll. 

The gulag, kulaks, mass starvation, genocide, extermination.

World beating stuff, I'd say. 

5 hours ago, Libertarian said:

Good grief Mariupol is a city of 500,000 on the Sea of Azov. It was not the Azov Brigade who hung SS insignia and Swastikas from their barracks but a regular Ukrainian Army unit. The west should not be supporting Nazi's. Full stop.

"Good grief"..... gimme a break. 

Maybe, just maybe, you could actually acknowledge what I said and the sources I quoted.

Maybe you could read the source I posted on the concerted Russian attacks not just on Ukraine and maybe you could acknowledge that the big picture is Putin attacking on all fronts.

Please spare me the lecture : I know Ukranians , I know what they think. Get out and meet them. They're not all Nazis. 

SpruceBringsteen

One of the things I'll always find funniest, having visited the Somme, Thiepval, Dunkerque etc is how keen absolute cretins are to do it again.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

One of the things I'll always find funniest, having visited the Somme, Thiepval, Dunkerque etc is how keen absolute cretins are to do it again.

Sadly, this.

6 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Fully agree. It’s the concern I have for all of this that innocent decent hard working folks will have their lives turned upside down or ended. 

8 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Absolute cretins who have never lived through anything like that, and no doubts think it's all some glorious game.

A visit to the Somme, Ypres etc and a walk around some of the hundreds of cemeteries and they'd soon realise that there is feck all glorious about war. 

All war ever achieves is death, pain & suffering for everybody. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Absolute cretins who have never lived through anything like that, and no doubts think it's all some glorious game.

A visit to the Somme, Ypres etc and a walk around some of the hundreds of cemeteries and they'd soon realise that there is feck all glorious about war. 

All war ever achieves is death, pain & suffering for everybody. 

The Mrs gets a bit upset when she sees on memorials.

”Glorious Dead.”

She doesn’t like the wording.

14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

”Glorious Dead.”

A friend of mine felt the same when she would see the shop sign for a "Family Butcher".

21 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

”Glorious Dead.”

The old lie, Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori 

24 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Craig Murray's usually good value. 👍

Jailed for reporting on the Salmond case too.

A BBC reporter on Radio 4 this morning stated that the USA was sending troops to the Baltic States and elsewhere in Eastern Europe “to deter Russian aggression”. What a stupid thing to say. The “aggressive” Russian forces are inside Russia. The American troops are 5,000 miles from home.

11 minutes ago, felix said:

A BBC reporter on Radio 4 this morning stated that the USA was sending troops to the Baltic States and elsewhere in Eastern Europe “to deter Russian aggression”. What a stupid thing to say. The “aggressive” Russian forces are inside Russia. The American troops are 5,000 miles from home.

If someone had told me 20 years ago that Scotland would turn into a country which jailed journalists I would never have believed them. Sadly that is Scotland in the 2020s. 

The media are absolutely begging for a conflict to escalate here. It is utterly disgusting and depressing listening to the radio and reading news paper articles. You can just sense they are itching for the next huge news story to sell their pathetic subs and newspapers since covid is becoming less and less newsworthy. 

War isn’t something that should be glorified

dobmisterdobster
15 minutes ago, felix said:

Article 5 of NATO means that the US is obliged to defend countries like Estonia and Poland from any military action. Doesn't matter how far away from home the US troops are.

SectionDJambo
6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The media are absolutely begging for a conflict to escalate here. It is utterly disgusting and depressing listening to the radio and reading news paper articles. You can just sense they are itching for the next huge news story to sell their pathetic subs and newspapers since covid is becoming less and less newsworthy. 

The age of 24 hour news programmes and clicking on media internet sites. They need to create the news sometimes to keep filling schedules.

35 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Article 5 of NATO means that the US is obliged to defend countries like Estonia and Poland from any military action. Doesn't matter how far away from home the US troops are.

The US isn't defending Estonia & Poland though,  they're "defending" Ukraine, who aren't in NATO - so what's Article 5 got to do with anything ?

Edited by felix

The Real Maroonblood
44 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

If someone had told me 20 years ago that Scotland would turn into a country which jailed journalists I would never have believed them. Sadly that is Scotland in the 2020s. 

Reporters from the Mail and Express should jailed for publishing pish.

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

That wank was jailed for leaking the identity of the women at the centre of the case in clear contempt of court.

Wind yer necks in ya morons.

..he was jailed for blogging what others had reported and for jigsaw identification of a woman who was never identified !

Anything but a clear conviction; moreso a legal first, but not really on topic. 

Nice touch at the end.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

They certainly are coming out with sabre-rattling stuff.
It is a serious issue but it always amuses me when the propaganda starts about troops massing and threats.
Have a look at the location of US bases around the planet. They have a ****ing nerve calling out anyone.

Dennis Reynolds

Excuse my stupid question here, but what's the end goal for Russia? I'll admit I haven't really followed this as much as it just seemed like typical flexing but it's seems to be getting a lot more air time.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Sky News has a camera set up showing a live feed from some square in the centre of Kyiv, it's almost as if they are wanting to see panic on the streets followed by Russian tanks rolling down the road, they interviewed some ex-pat and asked him what you could get in the shops, you could sense the complete disappointment when the guy said anything as there is no panic here.

It's pathetic, but it's also the way news is presented nowadays.

38 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Excuse my stupid question here, but what's the end goal for Russia? I'll admit I haven't really followed this as much as it just seemed like typical flexing but it's seems to be getting a lot more air time.

Putin shoring up domestic support.

He's nowhere near as secure in power as people think he is.

Invading makes little economic, strategic or military sense at all.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
53 minutes ago, Cade said:

Putin shoring up domestic support.

He's nowhere near as secure in power as people think he is.

Invading makes little economic, strategic or military sense at all.

Hopefully he ends up getting hung by his feet like Mussolini 

2 hours ago, Cade said:

That wank was jailed for leaking the identity of the women at the centre of the case in clear contempt of court.

Wind yer necks in ya morons.

Spot the SNP supporter. The SNP are now the establishment and part of the problem which have to be overcome to defeat the British establishment 

Edited by Libertarian

2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Imagine Mexico or Canada were inviting Russian or Chinese military into threaten the USA. Do you think that the Americans would stand idly by and allow a threat like this to their national security?

5 hours ago, Libertarian said:

It's a good article from someone who is very well informed and experienced in diplomatic matters. That alone disqualifies him from having any contribution to make to the discusussion on here where many prefer the predictably inane commentary of the Daily Mail and the Guardian.

Nordstream is terrifying the Americans and some of Nato. The prospect of Russia and Germany in particular having close economic and social ties and developing a mutually beneficial interdependence makes Nato and the warmongers redundant. Putin is not an idiot he can see where things are going and so can the Ukrainians who are demanding proof that Russia is about to strike but like the journalist at the white house briefings are not getting any.

How many times do we have to go to war on a false prospectus before people begin to see a pattern? It's o.k this time though because we are not actually going to fight. What sort of ally offers that level of support though? The same one that abandoned Afghanistan and gives unflinching support to the most despicable fascistic regimes in the Middle East. 

57 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Spot the SNP supporter. The SNP are now the establishment and part of the problem which have to be overcome to defeat the British establishment 

Surely not.

1129804579_0_FKxLVDPXoBIhPyz1.thumb.jpg.bc68d73da4904d9b24afbd54cd06ac08.jpg

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

It's a good article from someone who is very well informed and experienced in diplomatic matters. That alone disqualifies him from having any contribution to make to the discusussion on here where many prefer the predictably inane commentary of the Daily Mail and the Guardian.

Nordstream is terrifying the Americans and some of Nato. The prospect of Russia and Germany in particular having close economic and social ties and developing a mutually beneficial interdependence makes Nato and the warmongers redundant. Putin is not an idiot he can see where things are going and so can the Ukrainians who are demanding proof that Russia is about to strike but like the journalist at the white house briefings are not getting any.

How many times do we have to go to war on a false prospectus before people begin to see a pattern? It's o.k this time though because we are not actually going to fight. What sort of ally offers that level of support though? The same one that abandoned Afghanistan and gives unflinching support to the most despicable fasistic regimes in the Middle East. 

Like Iran ? 

4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Hopefully he ends up getting hung by his feet like Mussolini 

That would be an excellent outcome. A nasty horrible murderous dictator whose only concern is for himself, his ill gotten wealth and place in history. He's ramped up military spending whilst impoverishing infrastructure and public health. He cares nothing for his people. There were rumours for a while that he had Parkinson's, which would have been good news but that's died down. Just overdone it a wee bit with his last round of Botox I think.

The sooner the evil POS is brown bread, the World will be a better place.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Russia Invades Ukraine