Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

Kalamazoo Jambo
33 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Riho Terras  a Estonian MEP shared info stating the war was costing Russia  $20 billion a day 

He posted it on his twitter account  on Saturday along with other intel he had received .

Saw his posts, not convinced by them.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Saw his posts, not convinced by them.

Yeah I was the same but you would think he wouldn't deliberately post false info .

I hope its true .

36 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Another one bang on the cash

20220228_211829.jpg

:ears:   Perfect.     That enormous ar5e though .......  

International Criminal Court opens proceedings and investigations into alleged War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity in Ukraine.

Shit just got very real.

Edited by Cade

🇺🇦🇷🇺 Fresh reports out of Kiev about a local women driving around the city burning Russian armored vehicles with Molotov Сocktails.  So far she has successfully incinerated herself.  Locals refer to her as "Kerosene Kelly"

https://t.me/intelslava/21069

Kalamazoo Jambo
12 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Yeah I was the same but you would think he wouldn't deliberately post false info .

I hope its true .

Agree it wasn’t knowingly false, just think there was some wishful thinking involved!

6 minutes ago, Cade said:

International Criminal Court opens proceedings and investigations into alleged War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity in Ukraine.

Shit just got very real.

Putin you are guilty. Hand yourself in. 

Nyet. 

It's obvious crimes are being committed. Doesn't mean much or stop it. 

Neil Oliver today making excuses for Putin and saying he ignores most of the mainstream media because he doesn’t trust it. I suspect he has an account (or two) on here.

Edited by Alex Kintner

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Neil Oliver today making excuses for Putin and saying he ignores most of the mainstream media because he doesn’t trust it. I suspect he has an account (or two) on here.

That man used to inspire me with some of his history programmes.  Then i read some of his books, which seemed to be more about him than history.  Now, i just can't accept anything he says.  The hair says it all - narcissist.

4 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

He actually said this on GammonTV in relation to Ukraine - and he's supposed to be a historian. He's shameless. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

Shit just got very real.

Statement : 28 February 2022

Statement of ICC Prosecutor, Karim A.A. Khan QC, on the Situation in Ukraine: “I have decided to proceed with opening an investigation.”

Last Friday, I expressed my increasing concern, echoing those of world leaders and citizens of the world alike, over the events unfolding in Ukraine.

Today, I wish to announce that I have decided to proceed with opening an investigation into the Situation in Ukraine, as rapidly as possible.

Ukraine is not a State Party to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court ("ICC" or the "Court"), so cannot itself refer the situation to my Office. But it has twice exercised its prerogatives to legally accept the Court's jurisdiction over alleged crimes under the Rome Statute occurring on its territory, should the Court choose to exercise it. The first declaration lodged by the Government of Ukraine accepted ICC jurisdiction with respect to alleged crimes committed on Ukrainian territory from 21 November 2013 to 22 February 2014. The second declaration extended this time period on an open-ended basis to encompass ongoing alleged crimes committed throughout the territory of Ukraine from 20 February 2014 onwards.

I have reviewed the Office's conclusions arising from the preliminary examination of the Situation in Ukraine, and have confirmed that there is a reasonable basis to proceed with opening an investigation. In particular, I am satisfied that there is a reasonable basis to believe that both alleged war crimes and crimes against humanity have been committed in Ukraine in relation to the events already assessed during the preliminary examination by the Office. Given the expansion of the conflict in recent days, it is my intention that this investigation will also encompass any new alleged crimes falling within the jurisdiction of my Office that are committed by any party to the conflict on any part of the territory of Ukraine.

I have already tasked my team to explore all evidence preservation opportunities. The next step is to proceed with the process of seeking and obtaining authorisation from the Pre-Trial Chamber of the Court to open an investigation. An alternative route set out in the Statute that could further expedite matters would be for an ICC State Party to refer the situation to my Office, which would allow us to actively and immediately proceed with the Office's independent and objective investigations.

I will also be asking for the support of all States Parties and the international community as a whole as my Office sets about its investigations.  I will be calling for additional budgetary support, for voluntary contributions to support all our situations, and for the loan of gratis personnel. The importance and urgency of our mission is too serious to be held hostage to lack of means.

I will continue to closely follow developments on the ground in Ukraine, and again call for restraint and strict adherence to the applicable rules of international humanitarian law.

If anyone has information relevant to the Situation, this can be submitted to my Office via: [email protected].

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He actually said this on GammonTV - and he's supposed to be a historian :

i take the hair thing back, he is in as bad nick as me nowadays

A headline to make the oligarchs shudder: #NEWS: Monaco to freeze assets & impose sanctions on Russians   Prince Albert said Monaco has “adopted & implemented without delay procedures for the freezing of funds & economic sanctions identical to those taken by most Euro States.

9 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

..... says a presenter on GB News.   tbf, it's probably alerted Russia Today to the perfect replacement for  wee Eck.

4 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

The hair says it all - narcissist.

My hair's way longer and much more magnificent than that bellshaft, what am I? :shocked3:

SectionDJambo
43 minutes ago, Cade said:

Shit just got very real.

Putin and his gang who have ordered this outrage in Ukraine are no different to the Nazis of WW2. They are murdering civilians, including young children, with absolutely no conscience. They are pure evil.

They are all war criminals. 
Sadly, it looks very like he’s going to order worse atrocities to be carried out in his name.

1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

The groups fighting on Ukrainian side according to this military telegram group;

Capture+_2022-02-28-21-13-38.png

Bellum Acta is a hyper-nationalist right-wing news aggregation and promotion site.  What the **** are you doing promoting what they say?

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

There's been a purely symbolic application from Ukraine today to join the EU.

They're not getting membership.

I know that, and you know that, but it wasn't either of us who posted the "soft or semiliquid food, as for infants". ;)

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Riho Terras  a Estonian MEP shared info stating the war was costing Russia  $20 billion a day 

He posted it on his twitter account  on Saturday along with other intel he had received .

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

No idea of the source just read it in several papers/news sites.  Maybe it's 15 billion Rubles a day? That would work out at about £105million.

I've read the figure in a few places as well, but I wonder if someone mixed up their currencies.  £105m is a more plausible figure.

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

🇺🇦🇷🇺 Fresh reports out of Kiev about a local women driving around the city burning Russian armored vehicles with Molotov Сocktails.  So far she has successfully incinerated herself.  Locals refer to her as "Kerosene Kelly"

https://t.me/intelslava/21069

Another Russian news aggregator?

9 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Another Russian news aggregator?

Yep. Although this time the video at least appears to be true!

51 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I know that, and you know that, but it wasn't either of us who posted the "soft or semiliquid food, as for infants". ;)

😆

27 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Is that not just someone else posting a video originally posted by the same pro-Russian news site?  Isn't that someone else a regular contributor to Becker News, a far-right conspiracy theory website with about 5,000 Twitter followers (joined late 2020)?  Didn't this regular contributor to Becker News join Twitter in February 2022?  Impressive total of tweets for such a short lifespan, by the way.

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Is that not just someone else posting a video originally posted by the same pro-Russian news site?  Isn't that someone else a regular contributor to Becker News, a far-right conspiracy theory website with about 5,000 Twitter followers (joined late 2020)?  Didn't this regular contributor to Becker News join Twitter in February 2022?  Impressive total of tweets for such a short lifespan, by the way.

Mack really doesn't like Ukraine.  Or the Democrats.  He does like Russia.  And Donald Trump.  Quite bigly, in fact.

And for such a Twitter newbie, his 1,216 tweets in 8 days since he joined shows he's quite a busy little right-wing ****er.  ;)

8 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I've no idea who originally posted the video or who those people are. I just searched twitter to find it as you cannot easily post videos from the Telegram group I originally seen it in.

Think its lretty fair to say that this is likely a Ukranian trying to petrol bomb a Russian tank and doing a poor job of it though. 

Just now, hughesie27 said:

I've no idea who originally posted the video or who those people are. I just searched twitter to find it as you cannot easily post videos from the Telegram group I originally seen it in.

Think its lretty fair to say that this is likely a Ukranian trying to petrol bomb a Russian tank and doing a poor job of it though. 

I don't know what it is, but I do know that it was promoted by people who are specifically pro-Russian, specifically anti-Ukrainian, and who have poor to zero credibility as sources of news.  That means it's pretty fair to say that it could, quite literally, be anything.

14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

17 mile long convoy of Russian vehicles heading to Kyiv just now. That can’t be good. 

Worse

Screenshot_20220301-003021_Samsung Internet.jpg

SwindonJambo
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Christ. That’s pretty much the M8 from Edinburgh to Glasgow. 

Good analogy. It's like a traffic jam of tanks filllng all lanes of that very road. Utter counts. They'll pay for this.

8 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I don't know what it is, but I do know that it was promoted by people who are specifically pro-Russian, specifically anti-Ukrainian, and who have poor to zero credibility as sources of news.  That means it's pretty fair to say that it could, quite literally, be anything.

In this instance it's definitely someone throwing a Molotov cocktail at a Russain tank. I'm going to veer towards them not being Russian actors in this instance. 

Here is the earliest instance I can find of it being posted on Twitter.

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

In this instance it's definitely someone throwing a Molotov cocktail at a Russain tank. I'm going to veer towards them not being Russian actors in this instance. 

Here is the earliest instance I can find of it being posted on Twitter.

"It's definitely someone throwing a Molotov cocktail at a Russian tank."  I'm not as much of an expert on how the video was shot, or when, or where, or what editing was done on it as you seem to be, so I have no technical basis for arguing with you.  And of course, it makes complete sense that people who speak Ukrainian and Russian wouldn't give someone like that a catchy nickname in *checks notes* one of their own languages, and instead gives them a catchy nickname that would raise a good laugh among English-speaking Telegram video watchers, based mainly in the UK and the USA.  So clearly they weren't thinking of the propaganda and misinformation value in the West when they did that.

Do you know who Igor Girkin is?  Among other things in his career, he's one of the people charged by the Dutch authorities with the shooting down of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 in 2014.  He was also one of the key security figures in Russia's annexation of Crimea, and for a time was commander of the militant separatist forces in Eastern Ukraine.

27 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

"It's definitely someone throwing a Molotov cocktail at a Russian tank."  I'm not as much of an expert on how the video was shot, or when, or where, or what editing was done on it as you seem to be, so I have no technical basis for arguing with you.  And of course, it makes complete sense that people who speak Ukrainian and Russian wouldn't give someone like that a catchy nickname in *checks notes* one of their own languages, and instead gives them a catchy nickname that would raise a good laugh among English-speaking Telegram video watchers, based mainly in the UK and the USA.  So clearly they weren't thinking of the propaganda and misinformation value in the West when they did that.

Do you know who Igor Girkin is?  Among other things in his career, he's one of the people charged by the Dutch authorities with the shooting down of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 in 2014.  He was also one of the key security figures in Russia's annexation of Crimea, and for a time was commander of the militant separatist forces in Eastern Ukraine.

I make no connection to the caption the video has. Of course that can lead to any number of false representations. 

Looking at the video on its own I believe it speaks for itself it it's genuine nature. Its been posts literally with no comment on Twitter (that feed appears to be at worst fairly neutral in its content and at best pro ukraine) and then someone somewhere has added the caption and nickname. 

I'm not really sure where the push back against it is coming from you.

Do you think the whole thing has been staged by Russian actors? Or its CGI?

I should add that unless of course it is staged, you can tell its Russian due to the painted Z both it and on the tractor that's towing it.

Edited by hughesie27

34 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I make no connection to the caption the video has. Of course that can lead to any number of false representations. 

Looking at the video on its own I believe it speaks for itself it it's genuine nature. Its been posts literally with no comment on Twitter (that feed appears to be at worst fairly neutral in its content and at best pro ukraine) and then someone somewhere has added the caption and nickname. 

I'm not really sure where the push back against it is coming from you.

Do you think the whole thing has been staged by Russian actors? Or its CGI?

I should add that unless of course it is staged, you can tell its Russian due to the painted Z both it and on the tractor that's towing it.

I've learned from difficult experiences never to take any visual evidence at face value.  And whether or not a video or picture has been edited, staged or manipulated, it still gets made and disseminated for a reason and in a context, and looking at the reasons and contexts is important when there's a war going on.

I'm not sure what feed you are referring to when you say "fairly neutral and at best pro-Ukraine".  I saw three Twitter posts containing the clip on this thread.  Two were by pro-Russian Telegram "publishers", and the third was by someone partly responsible for the Russian annexation of Crimea, for the downing of a civilian aircraft with the loss of 300 lives, and for leading a military force designed to cause political instability in Ukraine.  None of those sources are neutral or pro-Ukraine.

My push back has almost nothing to do with the video.  It is because all of those people - and many more like them who amplify and disseminate such material - are running a hypernationalist extreme right-wing disinformation playbook.  In doing so, they rely to a considerable degree on the material being of a "clickbait" nature, so that the material is more likely to be spread widely by people in their target zones in the English-speaking world.  The stuff is amusing and entertaining, so we pass it on - and it all adds up and helps the overall propaganda effort, in much the same way that the "useful idiots" and the "useful innocents" helped and collaborated with the Soviets in the Cold War era.

What is being said is important.  Who is saying it, editing it, manipulating it and giving it a political context is also important.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

40 miles now ☹️

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-60542877

It's a pity the Ukrainians don't have better air firepower because they could do some damage.

This is heartbreaking, the world is watching and we can’t go in and properly help them. Someone in Russia has to take him out, his own people don’t want this now. One or two old men destroying millions of lives in their own country at the same time as they’re annihilating another country’s population. I hope to god someone in Russia has the guts to step up.