Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Putin has said Hamilton will be flattened in the next few days,  

Remember and take your camera when you flee !! 

How long before anyone notices it’s been bombed? 

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeffros Furios
7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

How long before anyone notices it’s been 

Probably reminds them of 1990s Grozny .

11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

about 50 years

Yep. It already looks like Pripyat. 

Footballfirst

If Russia succeeds in taking control of Ukraine and installing a pro Russian puppet while NATO prevaricates, then just watch for the Chinese looking to do the same in Taiwan within a year or two.

dobmisterdobster
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

If Russia succeeds in taking control of Ukraine and installing a pro Russian puppet while NATO prevaricates, then just watch for the Chinese looking to do the same in Taiwan within a year or two.

The US has a lot to lose with Taiwan. Can't give China a monopoly on semiconductors. I don't think Ukraine has the same importance.

47 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Definitely time to bomb the Russian scum

Definitely time to get rid of their arsehole bully leader. He’s not universally popular in Russia and suppresses/silences/murders opposition. What would be good would be if the people tuned against him and lynched him. He’s a bitter old KGB spook who yearns for a return to the Soviet days. Hope someone bumps off the evil POS.

38 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Very quickly by me. It’s my hometown and I still have lots of family in the area. 

22 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Very quickly by me. It’s my hometown and I still have lots of family in the area. 

Ignore them - some on here are just bullies behind a screen 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

11 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ignore them - some on here are just bullies behind a screen 

It’s a joke you twit. I’ve got family and friends in Hamilton. 

Putin needs emptied. We need Russia closer to Europe and away from China. That's the only way imo to balance power in the world and keep China in their box. If Putin gets bogged down in the Ukraine, there could be a coup or revolution. We already had a top Russian General speak out against an invasion. 

30 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ironic if those of us who survived the pandemic get done in by a nuclear war.

Humans eh?

:lol: that would be shite. Better stock up on potassium and iodine pills. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Putin comes across as a radge his troops should just tell him sit doon and shut the fup & get tae, he is just a bully that needs put in his box along with all the other hot air balloons like bojo, nippy, starmer, trumpet, the strange hair style bloke fi North Korea and Macaroni 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Apologies if already posted.

The Russian ambassador looks like he's about to pish himself laughing.

20220211_213321.jpg

The Telegraph are raging at "elite remainers"  letting the side down by laughing at the biggest shit show by a British politician  since Chamberlain waved his piece of paper.  

Shw fell into Lavrov's trap and then followed it up by droning on for so long she was told to shut up so the translatotrs could do their job.

I would give Putin a Ukraine not in Nato for 50 years offer just to defuse tnis. Let's him take away a win without too huge  a concession. I don't know who makes that call though. It shouldn't really be Biden imo. Putin views Nato as the U.S military and it's nuclear arsenal which is not entirely wrong. 

8 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Definitely time to get rid of their arsehole bully leader. He’s not universally popular in Russia and suppresses/silences/murders opposition. What would be good would be if the people tuned against him and lynched him. He’s a bitter old KGB spook who yearns for a return to the Soviet days. Hope someone bumps off the evil POS.

And the Brexit Britnats don't want their empire back? :Aye:

6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Putin needs emptied. We need Russia closer to Europe and away from China. That's the only way imo to balance power in the world and keep China in their box. If Putin gets bogged down in the Ukraine, there could be a coup or revolution. We already had a top Russian General speak out against an invasion. 

Yeah, let's steal their oil and gas, anaw. I'm in.

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Crimea and NI , I don't see the difference.

Their was a big Calvary charge in the Crimea, cannot recall one in NI🙂

Seymour M Hersh

I see the idiots in the US Intelligence (the ultimate oxymoron surely) are saying the bully will attack in four days. The same clowns who said Kabul would not fall in a matter of days. I suppose the law of averages means one day they'll get something correct. Either way the west should be nowhere near this omnishambles. NATO and especially the EU should stop trying to woo Ukraine into their little clubs. No wonder the Russians are nervous. They're all but surrounded by NATO who, although a defensive organisation, are not seen as such by the Russians. Personally I don't think the bully Putin will move as, like most bullies, he's a coward and will not want any damage to his he-man image that he portrays in Russia. Ukraine has an army of around 200k and a population of about 40 million. I think Russia would need a lot more than the 100k troops they have on or near the border to succeed. 

Britland no sending any troops to Ukraine, as they have no sheep herders or sand people they can beat. Na, feck fighting a proper Unit.

💩🛍️

Edited by ri Alban

Liz Truss

>Doesn't understand how live translation works; has to be told to shut up.

>Threatens immediate sanctions; no such bill has even been formulated or put to Parliament yet.

>Falls into a Russian trap and tells the Russian Ambassador that the UK will never acknowledge Russian sovereignty of the Rostov and Voronezh regions, even though both of those regions have been Russian for around a hundred years; has to be corrected by a civil servant.

>Flies home after achieving nothing but further diminishing the UK's international standing.

:fonzie:

SectionDJambo
36 minutes ago, Cade said:

Liz Truss

>Doesn't understand how live translation works; has to be told to shut up.

>Threatens immediate sanctions; no such bill has even been formulated or put to Parliament yet.

>Falls into a Russian trap and tells the Russian Ambassador that the UK will never acknowledge Russian sovereignty of the Rostov and Voronezh regions, even though both of those regions have been Russian for around a hundred years; has to be corrected by a civil servant.

>Flies home after achieving nothing but further diminishing the UK's international standing.

:fonzie:

We probably wouldn't expect her to know everything about Russian geography. It's a massive country with such a full history.

However, if she hasn't heard of those regions, why not take a minute to ask the ambassador, who is sitting there and should know the history of those regions, before giving an answer? Instead, she does what her boss does. Just blusters without any substance or knowledge, getting it completely and embarrassingly wrong.

The Russians know she's out of her depth and made her look foolish. 

The Mighty Thor
39 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

We probably wouldn't expect her to know everything about Russian geography. It's a massive country with such a full history.

However, if she hasn't heard of those regions, why not take a minute to ask the ambassador, who is sitting there and should know the history of those regions, before giving an answer? Instead, she does what her boss does. Just blusters without any substance or knowledge, getting it completely and embarrassingly wrong.

She will have been given briefing papers before she travelled and therefore should have known when to speak and when not to.

She was up against a career politician in Lavrov, who absolutely ripped the madame clean out of her. 

At least Liz got another shot on the company jet though 👍

The lack of talent in UK politics is frightening. 

On another note I saw Sunak getting tied in knots on Sky earlier. Amateur hour stuff. 

Jeffros Furios
39 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

She should know that Rostov isn't far from Crimea and to the north of the Caucasus , its strategically an important city .

No wonder Vlad is doing what he wants with the idiots running the UK and US and the spineless EU .

Tobias Elwood thinks we should have troops in Ukraine which is an interesting suggestion. 

19 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Russian separatist proxies*

So you want the Russians ethnically cleansed from the Donbass even though they are the indigenous people. Who are they proxies for? 

No doubt then you will support the violent coup that removed the democratically elected president, the suppression of the Russian language, the murder of Trades unionists and the daily bombardment of Russian civilian targets by swastika clad Ukrainian militia armed and trained by US/UK. 

What about all the other ethnic groups in Ukraine should they be removed as well?

Jeffros Furios
56 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

So you want the Russians ethnically cleansed from the Donbass even though they are the indigenous people. Who are they proxies for? 

No doubt then you will support the violent coup that removed the democratically elected president, the suppression of the Russian language, the murder of Trades unionists and the daily bombardment of Russian civilian targets by swastika clad Ukrainian militia armed and trained by US/UK. 

What about all the other ethnic groups in Ukraine should they be removed as well?

You been watching RT again Doug ? 

Have Russian separatists not killed , bombed and cleansed non Russians in the last 8 years ? 

Have the Crimean Tartars fled thier historical homelands due to the Russians ? 

If Scotland become Independent but the majority of the population were English would you be happy for them to have a vote and decide to be part of England ? 

Would you accept the English in Edinburgh cleansing Scots and being armed by England ? 

I doubt you would Doug so would should the Ukrainians accept it ? 

When Johnson and his rouble grabbing rabble talk of sanctions against Russia it's timely to have a look at this.

I've tried to stitch together some tweets from Chris Bryant - it's staggering.

For those of you who haven't seen the ISC extracts on available on social media - the Russian influence on UK poltics, their interference (and money) in brexit , the Tories erfusal to stop their money being laundered thorugh UK territories into London , it's all there...

The Tories got the relationship with Russia wrong from the moment Cameron arrived in Downing Street. They wanted to do more business with Russia because it was a BRIC economy and they wanted to press the reset button. Some of us warned that after the murder of Litvinenko

this was a fool’s errand because Putin respects strength not compromise. I warned repeatedly about his territorial ambitions and the difficulty for uk businesses trading in manifestly corrupt Russia. But Tories told me I was wrong and organised with the Russian embassy to

remove me as chair of the Russia APPG. I asked Cameron and May repeatedly to introduce Magnitsky sanctions but they dragged their heels. We said that London was fast becoming the laundry of choice for dirty Russian money and slowly we gained Tory allies. But when the ISC

produced its Russia Report pointing to interference in our politics, the Johnson government refused to act. When the cross party Foreign Affairs Committee said in its Moscow’s Gold report that we needed to tighten regulations they again refused to act

So we still don’t have public registers of beneficial ownership, they still haven’t reviewed the golden tier 1 visas, the overseas territories still don’t have full transparency and we remain the soft underbelly for dodgy Russian money

We would be in a much better place today, and our tough talk would be much more effective, if the government had taken more robust action on money laundering and dodgy Russian money. Some ministers know this, and have been saying so privately for years

It’s a shame, and an embarrassment, that the Treasury and Downing Street have repeatedly refused to act. The new regulations that were tabled on Thursday are okay, but they don’t go anywhere near far enough and may be wholly unenforceable.

It’s time the government completely resort its relationship with Russia and stopped chasing Putin’s gold

Lord Montpelier
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

She will have been given briefing papers before she travelled and therefore should have known when to speak and when not to.

She was up against a career politician in Lavrov, who absolutely ripped the madame clean out of her. 

At least Liz got another shot on the company jet though 👍

The lack of talent in UK politics is frightening. 

On another note I saw Sunak getting tied in knots on Sky earlier. Amateur hour stuff. 

Your penultimate point is spot on. 

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

You been watching RT again Doug ? 

Have Russian separatists not killed , bombed and cleansed non Russians in the last 8 years ? 

Have the Crimean Tartars fled thier historical homelands due to the Russians ? 

If Scotland become Independent but the majority of the population were English would you be happy for them to have a vote and decide to be part of England ? 

Would you accept the English in Edinburgh cleansing Scots and being armed by England ? 

I doubt you would Doug so would should the Ukrainians accept it ? 

The Tatars were mostly removed many years ago in the days of the Soviet Union and before. At the same time other empires particularly the British were resettling local populations to suit their needs e.g. Tamils and Malays.  This is the 21st century though and agrressive, military acts against the Russian civilian population breach human rights. That's what matters now not incidents that happened hundreds of years ago.

I'm not sure where Russians have killed and cleansed in the last 8 years. I suspect you might be talking about Syria but as far as i am aware the Russians did not arm, train, fund and propagandise for the various forms of headchoppers committing genocide in the most ethnically diverse country in the middle east. Had it not been for the Russians, the Yazidis, Alawites Assyrians and Coptics may well have disappeared completely.

If Scotland voted to remain in the UK i would not be happy about it but i would accept it. We already have a situation where the majority of Scots born voted for Indy but the overall vote went no largely because of immigrants from rUK.

I'm not sure what your point is regarding ethnic cleansing in Edinburgh or the comparison being made with Ukrainians being ethnically cleansed from part of their country.

Since you like historical comparisons so much maybe i should remind you that the SS battalions in the Ukraine were responsible for a very high number holocaust victims. The ukraine is one of only 2 countries not to outlaw the promotiion of Naziism.  Members of my family fought against this in living memory on the same side as the Russians. What we are seeing now is an attempt to create division and war in Europe by the US and the UK. The rest of the western world are trying to distance themselves from them. The UK/US don't care about democracy or Ukraine any more than they cared about the Afghanis, the Iraqis, the Libyans, the Bosnians, Nicaraguans or anybody else. All they want is war and profits from death. 

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

The Tatars were mostly removed many years ago in the days of the Soviet Union and before. At the same time other empires particularly the British were resettling local populations to suit their needs e.g. Tamils and Malays.  This is the 21st century though and agrressive, military acts against the Russian civilian population breach human rights. That's what matters now not incidents that happened hundreds of years ago.

I'm not sure where Russians have killed and cleansed in the last 8 years. I suspect you might be talking about Syria but as far as i am aware the Russians did not arm, train, fund and propagandise for the various forms of headchoppers committing genocide in the most ethnically diverse country in the middle east. Had it not been for the Russians, the Yazidis, Alawites Assyrians and Coptics may well have disappeared completely.

If Scotland voted to remain in the UK i would not be happy about it but i would accept it. We already have a situation where the majority of Scots born voted for Indy but the overall vote went no largely because of immigrants from rUK.

I'm not sure what your point is regarding ethnic cleansing in Edinburgh or the comparison being made with Ukrainians being ethnically cleansed from part of their country.

Since you like historical comparisons so much maybe i should remind you that the SS battalions in the Ukraine were responsible for a very high number holocaust victims. The ukraine is one of only 2 countries not to outlaw the promotiion of Naziism.  Members of my family fought against this in living memory on the same side as the Russians. What we are seeing now is an attempt to create division and war in Europe by the US and the UK. The rest of the western world are trying to distance themselves from them. The UK/US don't care about democracy or Ukraine any more than they cared about the Afghanis, the Iraqis, the Libyans, the Bosnians, Nicaraguans or anybody else. All they want is war and profits from death. 

You definitely watch too much RT and due to your family connections are biased, 

I've not seen any Nazi insignia on the Ukranians recently  but there was a few of them 8yrs ago .

And yes there were some Urkranian nazis during ww2 but after millions of them starving to death in the 30's 

they obviously aren't to keen on the Russians .

I could go on but the rugby's on .

manaliveits105
40 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

If Scotland voted to remain in the UK i would not be happy about it but i would accept it. 

We did accept it 

I studied Post Communism at Glasgow University and visited both Russia and Ukraine. We should be really careful about allying with the Ukrainian military who openly display swastikas and SS insignia. The Ukrainian government for example have named a Boulevard in Kiev after Stepan Bandera a Nazi war criminal responsible for the murder of 100,000 Jews, Poles and Russians. The only chance for Ukraine is to become a neutral buffer state between East and West but the Americans don't want this and the western Ukrainians are too stupid to see this. They deserve everything that's coming to them. 

1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

I studied Post Communism at Glasgow University and visited both Russia and Ukraine. We should be really careful about allying with the Ukrainian military who openly display swastikas and SS insignia. The Ukrainian government for example have named a Boulevard in Kiev after Stepan Bandera a Nazi war criminal responsible for the murder of 100,000 Jews, Poles and Russians. The only chance for Ukraine is to become a neutral buffer state between East and West but the Americans don't want this and the western Ukrainians are too stupid to see this. They deserve everything that's coming to them. 

I’ve travelled through Russia and it’s certainly not the country the news in the west would have you believe. Communism is decried in this country but to those who experienced it they speak highly of it, especially how socially everyone was much closer. I refuse to believe that Russia will have a full on invasion of Ukraine but just want to be heard and respected. 

@VBritishCoup

One of the Russian banks targeted by the west for sanctions in case of an invasion of Ukraine is Sberbank.
Rees-Mogg's firm Somerset Capital Management had more than £40 million invested in Sberbank until it offloaded it last month.

1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

:facepalm:

For the bigger picture about what Putin is doing (aided by Lukeshenko) - this isn't just about Ukraine.

https://www.polskieradio.pl/13/53/Artykul/2900665,Former-US-attaché-in-Poland-even-if-Putin-backs-down-on-Ukraine-–-which-it-seems-he-does-not-plan-to-do-we-face-huge-challenges-regarding-Belarus 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

I’ve travelled through Russia and it’s certainly not the country the news in the west would have you believe. Communism is decried in this country but to those who experienced it they speak highly of it, especially how socially everyone was much closer. I refuse to believe that Russia will have a full on invasion of Ukraine but just want to be heard and respected. 

Personally I don't think that there is any chance that Russia will have a full invasion of Ukraine. However there is every possibility that the West's decision to arm Ukraine to the teeth will encourage Ukraine to attack Donetsk and Lugansk which will provoke an immediate Russian response. Also I believe that Russia has every right to be concerned about its security with a hostile Ukraine supported by the USA on its border. If the Ukrainian state wants to retain its sovereignty it has to declare itself a neutral buffer state. Otherwise there will only be one winner and it won't be Ukraine. 

5 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I've not seen any Nazi insignia on the Ukranians recently  but there was a few of them 8yrs ago .

And yes there were some Urkranian nazis during ww2 but after millions of them starving to death in the 30's 

Yeah, I've been looking at that today. So far have only found one example of one battalion in 2014.

One too many , but context. 

1 minute ago, Libertarian said:

Personally I don't think that there is any chance that Russia will have a full invasion of Ukraine. However there is every possibility that the West's decision to arm Ukraine to the teeth will encourage Ukraine to attack Donetsk and Lugansk which will provoke an immediate Russian response. Also I believe that Russia has every right to be concerned about its security with a hostile Ukraine supported by the USA on its border. If the Ukrainian state wants to retain its sovereignty it has to declare itself a neutral buffer state. Otherwise there will only be one winner and it won't be Ukraine. 

Yes I certainly hope Ukraine doesn’t trust the US as their likely to be indifferent to their plight. 

5 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Ah, that explains it. I now understand that as some Ukrainians were badly treated about a hundred years ago then they were entitled to exterminate Jews who were also citizens of the Soviet Union. They are also entitled to continue to persecute ethnic Russians who live in Ukraine on the same basis.

I'm not so keen to accept that they have abandoned their links to the Nazis though. I'm surpriised you missed this as i had you pegged for a Sun reader. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17433249/neo-nazis-russia-ukraine-war-mad-max/ The israelis getting upset too https://www.timesofisrael.com/hundreds-march-in-ukraine-in-annual-tribute-to-nazi-collaborator/ Lets go all-in with the antisemites though, at least it isn't Jeremy Corbyn.

You know nothing of my family, i merely pointed out that in ww2 the UK and Russia fought on the same side against fascism.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Yeah, I've been looking at that today. So far have only found one example of one battalion in 2014.

Go to cities like Mariupol on the sea of Azov where the Ukrainian military have commandeered the best performing high school in the city for their troops and hung SS insignia onto the gates. Then go to Kiev and walk down Stepan Bandera Boulevard named after a Nazi mass murderer and war criminal. The western Ukrainians complain about the famine of the 1930s instigated by Stalin, a Georgian,  and forget to mention that lots of other nationalities died in the famine including Russians. 

Malinga the Swinga

This thread is a real education. We have everything from the UK hating RA, to those who have studied Russia and Ukraine, but they seem to be ignored in the conversation.

From Russia is a bully state to the West is bullying Russia, you can rely on Kickback to take a subject and dissect it from a widely variant range of opinion.

Regardless of what happens, kickback staying the same will be the constant.

9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Nazi sympathies are widespread in amongst western Ukrainians. Even if it was only one battalion, which it is not, is that not enough. We should not under any circumstances make allies with Nazi's 

21 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Putin needs emptied. We need Russia closer to Europe and away from China. That's the only way imo to balance power in the world and keep China in their box. If Putin gets bogged down in the Ukraine, there could be a coup or revolution. We already had a top Russian General speak out against an invasion

Can you link me to that, please?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Russia Invades Ukraine