Calum Davidson

Gillsland jack

Feel a bit sorry for him. The board sold his best players late in the transfer window and never gave him a chance to replace them. They've brought a few in this window but reckon the next few weeks for him is crucial.

Sometimes read P&B and Saints fans seem pretty dismayed by the club as a whole. Not sure what's really led to that, but I do wonder what they expect. Lets face it, they've punched well above their weight for the bulk of the last decade.

Malinga the Swinga

Team playing shite and tactics are shite. If they let it continue as it is going, then they will be relegated and will find it difficult to get back up with such an awful home support.

If they lose midweek to Dundee, he deserves sack, but if they pull out win, he will probably stay in job. 

3 hours ago, Deevers said:

Think they’ll survive by the skin of their teeth. Dundee for the drop imo. They deserve it.

Let's hope so. 🙏 

11 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Or make the league bigger. 

If they played good football I'd agree. 

They've been effective for a good number of years now, hats of to them but they are shite. 

Wright had them as a unit and a team, fair enough but they were horrible to watch. 

Found out now, hopefully Partick or the likes replace them. 

Hamilton are a pub team, in fact I'd rather have a team like AT in their place. 

We'll done for their cup wins  and Tbh they might still stay up, Dundee are shite and they can gtf as well. 

How often to you go to St Johnstone games? Or any other game outside of Hearts? Oh right, so what's it to you how they play and get the job done? 

What you've posted is exactly what Rangers and Celtic fans think of Us and the rest.

Edited by ri Alban

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

How often to you go to St Johnstone games? Or any other game outside of Hearts? Oh right, so what's it to you how they play and get the job done? 

What you've posted is exactly what Rangers and Celtic fans think of Us and the rest.

Another reason why I dislike St Johnstone. 

Everyone's darlings. 

The Only club that you  slag and fans of other clubs defend them. 

St Johnstone are shite, tin pot, bend over to the OF, have always played hoofball and are now getting found out. 

If that upset you, then boo ****ing hop. 

👍

Absolute Scenes

This double cup thing is the only thing Davidson had got and even at that it was by sheer luck, not good football, that got them there. Yes they beat Hibs which was fantastic, but other than that they are not a good team and he does need emptied. I said it on here before when he was being touted to us, this is all just a purple patch and they would fall away quickly. Which they have

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

This double cup thing is the only thing Davidson had got and even at that it was by sheer luck, not good football, that got them there. Yes they beat Hibs which was fantastic, but other than that they are not a good team and he does need emptied. I said it on here before when he was being touted to us, this is all just a purple patch and they would fall away quickly. Which they have

Correct. 

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Everyone's darlings. 

St Johnstone are shite, tin pot, bend over to the OF, have always played hoofball and are now getting found out. 

👍

I think it’s a stretch saying they’re “everyone’s darlings”.

But let’s face it, they had success last season Hearts fans so far can only dream about.

Is that perhaps the reason for the gloating at their current plight? 
Davidson hasn’t become a bad manager overnight and I think he’s correctly called-out his players over their attitude. Players get managers sacked. Remember 0-6 at Brockville anyone?

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Everyone's darlings. 

👍

Seems it upsets you. I don't really give a feck what happens to St Johnstone, as long as Hearts pump them. But by all means, rip yer tights if it makes ye feel better.  👍

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I think it’s a stretch saying they’re “everyone’s darlings”.

But let’s face it, they had success last season Hearts fans so far can only dream about.

Is that perhaps the reason for the gloating at their current plight? 
Davidson hasn’t become a bad manager overnight and I think he’s correctly called-out his players over their attitude. Players get managers sacked. Remember 0-6 at Brockville anyone?

Nah. 

Tin pot, bend over to the OF, Tommeh Wright, shit football. 

Everyone loves them. 

Also voted against us in demotion as they gained a place. 

Maybe he is a shite manger that had a purple patch or lucky period and now being found out?

Get doon and not before time. 

Stuart Cosgrove and his gloating when we got unfairly demoted.  For that reason alone, hope they get relegated and rot.

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Seems it upsets you. I don't really give a feck what happens to St Johnstone, as long as Hearts pump them. But by all means, rip yer tights if it makes ye feel better.  👍

hope they go doon. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Trained One said:

Stuart Cosgrove and his gloating when we got unfairly demoted.  For that reason alone, hope they get relegated and rot.

Good one, he was a right prick about it. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Good one, he was a right prick about it. 

I don't think he was.  He just wasn't positively vocal about us like Cowan was. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I don't think he was.  He just wasn't positively vocal about us like Cowan was. 

He was a prick. 

Hope his team go doon, take some medicine, the choke and end up in league 1. 

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He was a prick. 

Fair enough.  I personally couldn't give a **** about them but each to their own :)

As an aside comment think about this.

Livingstone can only dream about the crowds St Johnstone get.

Edited by Turkishcap

Results based job, unfortunately for CD unless he gets a results against Dundee it looks like they aren’t going to get out of this . He managed to turn things around last season , sort of hoping he does it again , would prefer Dundee to head straight down again .

2 minutes ago, fila said:

Results based job, unfortunately for CD unless he gets a results against Dundee it looks like they aren’t going to get out of this . He managed to turn things around last season , sort of hoping he does it again , would prefer Dundee to head straight down again .

Dundee would be done in it's present form if that happened, great though if it did. 

6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He was a prick. 

You sound inordinately angry Baz. There are more important things going on in the world.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

You sound inordinately angry Baz. There are more important things going on in the world.

No anger here. 

If Davidson didn't become a bad manager over night, it's probably true that he did not become a good manager over night. 

No one can argue with a cup double, but that probably created the type of window that allowed their owners to cash in on a couple of assets.  Arguably, this season is where Davidson has to prove that he is a good manager and he is not doing that.  That doesn't necessarily mean he should have his team in the top half and battling for Europe, but as a minimum they shouldn't be in a relegation battle.

I have no strong feelings towards the club one way or the other.  They play on grass, which immediately elevates them above the likes of Livingston, Kilmarnock and Hamilton.

1 hour ago, Haken said:

If Davidson didn't become a bad manager over night, it's probably true that he did not become a good manager over night. 

No one can argue with a cup double, but that probably created the type of window that allowed their owners to cash in on a couple of assets.  Arguably, this season is where Davidson has to prove that he is a good manager and he is not doing that.  That doesn't necessarily mean he should have his team in the top half and battling for Europe, but as a minimum they shouldn't be in a relegation battle.

I have no strong feelings towards the club one way or the other.  They play on grass, which immediately elevates them above the likes of Livingston, Kilmarnock and Hamilton.

I don’t think anyone is arguing it’s not going well for Davidson.

What surprises me is why Davidson’s performance is apparently such a source of angst for some posters on a Hearts forum.

On 24/01/2022 at 19:36, sassenach said:

St Johnstone winning both cups and then immediately regressing makes me think of Wigan winning the FA Cup a few years ago.  I think they were relegated in the same season, and although they are now top of League 1 they might never again be in the Premier League given their size.

If I was a Wigan fan with a crystal ball, would I have been happy with the Cup win if I'd known what was to follow?  Too right I would!  It would have been beyond my wildest dreams to have seen my team win the FA Cup in any circumstances.  St Johnstone Fans must have felt the same for a while.  Fans can be fickle though, so unfortunately for Davidson the pressure is now on him.

If Middlesbrough were ever to win the FA Cup I wouldn't care if they never won another game in my life.  I'd probably die of alcoholic poisoning soon after anyway.

See, i thought that when we won the cup in 98.  Believed it would relax me so i can enjoy going to games.

30 seconds into the next season i'm on my feet going tonto at Gattuso for a nonsense challenge 😄