** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day thread**

copa-mundial

Would love to win this one 1-0 with a blatantly offside goal 🙄

On a good run of form going into this. 

They have a good few injury issues. Missing star player Kyogo, and Jota just coming back from a hamstring injury. Plus they picked up a few injuries at the weekend. 

A chance to close the gap on second. Push further away from the chasing pack. 

C'mon the JT's!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• CloustonHMFC

• Factuer Moi

• vegas-voss

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith

Devlin

Haring

Halliday

Mckay

Boyce

Gino

That'll be the side (not my choice but that will be it). We'll win 2-1 and Boyce will get both goals.

mickycameron98
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith

Devlin

Haring

Halliday

Mckay

Boyce

Gino

That'll be the side (not my choice but that will be it). We'll win 2-1 and Boyce will get both goals.a

Almost correct. Atkinson will start

Just now, mickycameron98 said:

Almost correct. Atkinson will start

Did think about it but I think Smith will get the nod. Experience and all that.

Souttar starting makes some sense. He will be determined to win and help his new team stay top, he will want to get one over Celtic and he would certainly help get the rangers fans on his side. 

We have a chance here but we need to be on top of our game. Boyce has to play, our focal point up front and holds the ball in so much better than others. McKay and Gino to play off him although we may play Halliday to give us some more cover. We can get at them defensively that's for sure. 

Certainly don't think we'll just defend, up and at um mentality is needed. Depends what the ref does on the night I suppose. We can win this one though.

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith

Devlin

Haring

Halliday

Mckay

Boyce

Gino

That'll be the side (not my choice but that will be it). We'll win 2-1 and Boyce will get both goals.

I would play Cochrane over Halliday especially in the wing back role. 

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

I would play Cochrane over Halliday especially in the wing back role. 

I'd be playing Atkinson and Cochrane but don't think Robbie will. 

Love this fixture. After Hibs, it's the home tie I look forward to most.

It's very rare we would get two wins against them in a season but I think we have a good chance on Wednesday.  If we get the bounce of the ball that you always need against them then I will go 2-1 Hearts

It would be great if someone booted a ball at them when they were doing the huddle or Cammy Devlin wriggled under the huddle and gave them dogs abuse. Hate seeing them do that shite pre match ritual on our hallowed Tynecastle turf.

On another matter, how come the BBC apologies profusely for any swearing that may be overheard from the crowd on a TV or radio broadcast, but never apologise for the vile sectarian singing coming from thousands of their support? Would like to hear Richard Gordon or Pat Bonner's opinions on that.

August Landmesser

Liked the look of Celtic passing it slowly around at the back in the last ten minutes against Alloa - none of the defence or the keeper looked 100% comfortable doing that, and Alloa nearly pressed a howler out of them a couple of times. I think Joe Hart has a mistake in him, and if we can get through the first hour still in it, they'll tire and we can take advantage.

Actually looking forward to this one, which is unusual when that mob come to town!

the sub goalie

Really hope Gino starts, would have him playing off the last man as his pace will cause them all sorts of bother.

2-0 Hearts.

Brick Tamland

As usual a lot will depend on the performance of these guys. 

If they treat both teams equally then we will win 3-1 if they follow the party line I’m not so sure. 
image.jpeg.3395fad516683b502aade23d0415a20a.jpeg

Beaton FFS.

We'll probably get a man sent off for brussel sprout and they will win by two or three. 

Alternatively if it was an even playing field we could possibly sneak it.

If we start with a high tempo and press them from the front we have a good chance of taking something from the game. Tynecastle will be bouncing under the lights and Celtic are there for the taking.

8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

You could say that about everyone of them, really. 

Ye I suppose so, but always think Beaton is above the rest when it comes to arrogance. 

Gordon 

Souttar Halkett Kingsley 

Smith Haring Devlin Cochrane 

McKay

Gino  Boyce 

I think we can get at least a point.

5 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

It would be great if someone booted a ball at them when they were doing the huddle or Cammy Devlin wriggled under the huddle and gave them dogs abuse. Hate seeing them do that shite pre match ritual on our hallowed Tynecastle turf.

On another matter, how come the BBC apologies profusely for any swearing that may be overheard from the crowd on a TV or radio broadcast, but never apologise for the vile sectarian singing coming from thousands of their support? Would like to hear Richard Gordon or Pat Bonner's opinions on that.

I never understand why we (or probably more so the ref) gives them the time. Especially if we are to KO, we are ready get the game kicked off. If they want to stand in a circle huddled then so be it play past them. There's been times everyone in the ground is seated ready for KO, Hearts players in position to get the game started but we have to wait for those ***** to do their show that could easily be done in the changing room. Either that or keep our players inside until the ****ers are done. 

Edited by EH11 2NL

We'll never get a better chance to turn them over. We're playing well and they've got some key players injured or on international duty, doesn't mean we'll do it though but at least lets have a real go. 2-1 to us in a hard, brusing encounter.

2-0 Hearts.  A defeat won't derail our season but I'm certainly not anticipating a defeat.

Souttar should and will start and a victory may well expedite his transfer to Rangers in this window.

When we beat them 4-0 it was largely because we beat them in the middle of the park and were clinical in attack.

We obviously need to do both again but the clinical part worries me.

We must take take our chances.

As long as we do not sit in and defend for the first half I see no reason why we should fear them. McGregor being out is a big blow for them, that and the wee diver. 

Disappointed we haven’t shifted more tickets in the Roseburn, a real chance to get a win over Celtic and a sold out Hearts end would really help

The way we are set up along with the way the side appear to of bonded. We are a threat to anyone.

Beware , Hearts are here. The Bonce to score both

2-1

Edited by Factuer Moi

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, EH11 2NL said:

I never understand why we (or probably more so the ref) gives them the time. Especially if we are to KO, we are ready get the game kicked off. If they want to stand in a circle huddled then so be it play past them. There's been times everyone in the ground is seated ready for KO, Hearts players in position to get the game started but we have to wait for those ***** to do their show that could easily be done in the changing room. Either that or keep our players inside until the ****ers are done. 

😄 I have similar thoughts on the All Blacks doing the Haka.

Bazzas right boot

4-1 celtic in a repeat of the game v rangers a few weeks ago. We play well but get sucker punched a few times 

Or

3-1 us, this time we score first and do the dirty *******s. 

Not sure yet. 

Rogic gives me the fear, but Celtic do tire and like a blistering start. 

If we can defend properly early on, we'll get chances, no 2 goal head starts this time. 

16 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

4-1 celtic in a repeat of the game v rangers a few weeks ago. We play well but get sucker punched a few times 

Or

3-1 us, this time we score first and do the dirty *******s. 

Not sure yet. 

Rogic gives me the fear, but Celtic do tire and like a blistering start. 

If we can defend properly early on, we'll get chances, no 2 goal head starts this time. 

Rogic is away on international duty I think

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Rogic is away on international duty I think

Ya dancer. 

40 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Good news that JS has recovered from his Hoest GIF - Jim Carrey Actor Coughing GIFs  injury in time for the Celtic game.

Boo anyone ? 

Keep him on the bench the full game., have him warm up 5 times. Then he can scuttle back up the Rat tunnel.

Edited by Factuer Moi

8 hours ago, copa-mundial said:

Would love to win this one 1-0 with a blatantly offside goal 🙄

On a good run of form going into this. 

They have a good few injury issues. Missing star player Kyogo, and Jota just coming back from a hamstring injury. Plus they picked up a few injuries at the weekend. 

A chance to close the gap on second. Push further away from the chasing pack. 

C'mon the JT's!

On the same theme, I'm going for 3-0. A blatant offside goal, a dodgy penalty and a 40 yard screamer from Cammy.

:flag1: 

Takeshi kovac

If we play like we did at the weekend we have a chance, if they play like they did at the weekend we have a great chance. Think we might squeak this 2-1

2 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

😄 I have similar thoughts on the All Blacks doing the Haka.

So do I.  It's not only pathetic but it's a cultural betrayal when they perform it in NZ.