Maroon Sailor
Just now, PTBCAL said:

Mac n cheese 

add a spice for a little kick 

Just about to post that

20220123_170421.jpg

Corn beef hash with a fried egg on top.

Spag Bol.

Steak n chips fried chicken onions and mushrooms.

Chicken Fajitas with peppers and onions.

Maroon Sailor

A classic Royal Navy dish.

Cheesy Hammy Eggy

20220123_173234.jpg.095cc820fb79ddf151485ebd929bec3c.jpg

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Put the pasta of your choice on to boil.

Meanwhile, slice and dry-fry some chorizo (or even a peperami) in a pan.

Assemble some jars of stuff: olives, green pesto, mayonnaise.

When pasta has 4 minutes left, add a big handful of skinny green beans.

Drain pasta and veg, reserving a mug of the water.

Tip the pasta and veg back into the pan it was cooked in, add the chorizo, a few good spoonfuls of both the pesto and mayo, a good heavy dosing of pepper, chuck in some olives and a splash of the cooking water.

Mix well, adding more water if needed until a sauce is formed.

Wee dash of lemon juice optional.

Serve in bowls with a generous topping of parmesan.

Takes 10 minutes start to finish.

Good bread for mopping up the sauce a bonus.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Nobby Clark's favourite 😎

An old shipmate of mine was called Alan Heggie

He got called Cheesy Hammy

Deep fried pizza supper. 

All the fun of the fair and possible heart attack. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOO3Fr2_pXm1LkF23NswQ

We can’t get this down here, chippies are gash. But was always a favourite going home Saturday night after the game. 

Grill mushrooms, pomodorino tomatoes, half a pointed red pepper, asparagus and sliced cauliflower florets on a high heat for about 5-7 mins, add cheese to cauliflower Once melted, stack on your plate with a poached egg on top (3 mins to cook) Add 4 tsps of baked beans on top.

10 mins tops to cook. Simple, quick and not much to clean up.

Maroon Sailor
20 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Deep fried pizza supper. 

We can’t get this down here, chippies are gash. But was always a favourite going home Saturday night after the game. 

Pizza Crunch - used to have that from the Lido in Helensburgh when I worked at Faslane. Must be a West of Scotland thing

20220123_201133.thumb.jpg.405391844466903e2b91ecb340d61598.jpg

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Pizza Crunch - used to have that from the Lido in Helensburgh when I worked at Faslane. Must be a West of Scotland thing

20220123_201133.thumb.jpg.405391844466903e2b91ecb340d61598.jpg

That looks not bad tbh. The weegies occasionally come up with a decent chippy but get that vinegar off my chips. Salt & sauce every time unless fish supper. I like a wee bit vinegar as well. 

Thinly slice a couple of cloves of garlic.

Sweat them in a wee bit of oil in a pan just big enough to fit a chicken breast.

Add a chicken breast to the pan, then enough chicken stock to only just cover it. (even chicken stock cubes will do)

Add a fair amount of lemon juice, some tarragon and a decent amount of black pepper.

Boil the pish out of it, turning the chicken every few minutes

Meanwhile, de-seed, de-flesh and finely chop the rind of a preserved lemon.

Make some quick-cook couscous according to packet instructions.

Stir the chopped lemon rind through the couscous along with some extra virgin olive oil and flaky salt.

Whilst doing this, steam some veg in a metal collander placed over the pan the chicken is cooking in.

By the time the couscous is done and veg cooked, the liquid the chicken is cooking in should have reduced a decent amount. Add a buerre mane (a 50/50 mix of plain flour and butter) to thicken it a bit if needed.
Slice the chicken while the sauce is finishing.

Mix the veg through the couscous, pile it into shallow bowls and serve the chicken and sauce over the top.
Dust with sumac for a bit more lemony flavour.

:greggy:

Fry some pancetta cubes and chopped savoy cabbage.

Mix with cooked Farfalle pasta.

Then mix with chopped up buffalo mozzarella until its all gooey.

Sprinkle in some parmesan and/or pine nuts if you so desire 

15 minute meal.

You're welcome. 

A Boy Named Crow

Misread the thread title, came on to say Alive And Kicking, followed by Don't You Forget About Me...

...but thinking on my feet, best simple meal is always a stir fry, chicken or pork, any veggies you can find, a combination of garlic, chillis and ginger, fish sauce, oyster sauce,  rice,  done 

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

HeartsandonlyHearts

2 fish finger sandwiches.

1 with red sauce, 1 with brown sauce and a little home made tartar sauce. Wife thinks I’m gross….but that’s a story for another thread.

Jambo_jim2001
4 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

An old shipmate of mine was called Alan Heggie

He got called Cheesy Hammy

😂😂My father in law is ex RN in the 60's on the old tribal class,,the stories he can tell 😂😂😂😂

A Boy Named Crow
23 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

2 fish finger sandwiches.

1 with red sauce, 1 with brown sauce and a little home made tartar sauce. Wife thinks I’m gross….but that’s a story for another thread.

:oohmatron::vrface:

14 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Deep fried pizza supper. 

Me and my mates used to go swimming at the commonwealth pool. Afterwards, we would go to the chippy that used to be on the corner opposite the pool (Toni’s if I remember correctly) and get a half pizza supper. If it was a nice day then we would take a stroll up Arthur Seat.

Салатные палочки
17 hours ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Turkey dinosaurs and chips. I don't care if im nearly 30, they are class.

Mini Kievs, waffles and beans for me. I'm 40 this year and I still love that meal. A bit of buttered bread and a cup of tea to wash it down. 

I think I'll need to have it this week now. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Some tin mackerel in tomato sauce on toast with cheese on top. Some dried herbs or even a splash of chili sauce will improve it further.

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Me and my mates used to go swimming at the commonwealth pool. Afterwards, we would go to the chippy that used to be on the corner opposite the pool (Toni’s if I remember correctly) and get a half pizza supper. If it was a nice day then we would take a stroll up Arthur Seat.

I lived not far from the Commy & Infirmary Baths. So many good chippies in the Southside. Bratisanis was always the place to go after the commy. Toni’s good too. Best was the Chinese further down. Chinese chips with soy sauce. Brilliant. 

Edited by Aussie Jambo
Nae specks

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

A half ?

Half ?

Lightweight !

29 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I lived not far from the Commy & Infirmary Baths. So many good chippies in the Southside. Bratisanis was always the place to go after the commy. Toni’s good too. Best was the Chinese further down. Chinese chips with soy sauce. Brilliant. 

Lees Cantonese?

7 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Lees Cantonese?

No. Hung Lam. Chinese. Not there anymore. Just google mapped it. In Dalkeith Rd/St Leonards St. 

Some peppered mackerel fillets (skin off) and the same weight in Philly cheese.  Good squeeze of lemon juice and a teaspoon of horseradish sauce if you like.  Mash together to desired consistency.  Serve on sliced crusty baguette.

One of those Camemberts in a wooden box.  Take cheese out of wrapper and put back in box with lid off.  Score the top of the cheese and drizzle over a bit of honey and a good bit of thyme.  In oven till melting (about 15 mins at 170)

Serve with the rest of that crusty baguette.