Peter Haring

Scott Leitch

13 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Big Pete is one classy guy, strong, composed and a good range of passing, always been a fan of him, new deal please, would stroll into any other midfield in scotland bar the of.

Completely agree, would love to see him sign a new deal. However, I wonder if he will be prepared to go back on the bench when Beni is fit again. I actually think we are better with Haring as he offers more in an attacking sense. Another MOM performance again yesterday. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• jackal

• Scott Leitch

• davemclaren

We keep saying which one of the 2 can we play, but is there really anything stopping us from accodating them all?  I know it's not the done thing, but could we line up with:

Gordon 

Smith Halkett Moore Cochrane

Haring Devlin Baningime

McKay Ginelly

Boyce

Smith and Cochrane could push forward into the wingback positions, knowing that the DMs could push back if needed. 

It looks like a negative formation, and a rather odd 4-3-2-1 with no width, but it really doesn't haven't to be if we press high and work as a team.  One or two of the DMs could push forward, and McKay and Ginnely could push wide when they do, leaving us with a defensive 4-3-2-1, but an attacking 4-1-4-1 or 4-1-3-2 setup.  It means we'd need to be quick in getting back if we lose the ball, but it could be something that we work on and just make sure we're switched on to. 

There are probably better options, but I would love to see us be a bit more dynamic and fit the players that we have into something that works. 

Edited by tian447

With the way our midfielders play, there'll be no shortage of suspensions so having 3 quality players playing for 2 spots isn't so bad. There'll be no shortage of game time for any of them and I'd be delighted with any selection from the 3 of them. 

PhoenixHearts
18 minutes ago, tian447 said:

We keep saying which one of the 2 can we play, but is there really anything stopping us from accodating them all?  I know it's not the done thing, but could we line up with:

Gordon 

Smith Halkett Moore Cochrane

Haring Devlin Baningime

McKay Ginelly

Boyce

Smith and Cochrane could push forward into the wingback positions, knowing that the DMs could push back if needed. 

It looks like a negative formation, and a rather odd 4-3-2-1 with no width, but it really doesn't haven't to be if we press high and work as a team.  One or two of the DMs could push forward, and McKay and Ginnely could push wide when they do, leaving us with a defensive 4-3-2-1, but an attacking 4-1-4-1 or 4-1-3-2 setup.  It means we'd need to be quick in getting back if we lose the ball, but it could be something that we work on and just make sure we're switched on to. 

There are probably better options, but I would love to see us be a bit more dynamic and fit the players that we have into something that works. 

My thinking is we change to a 3-5-2.

Based on today Atkinson can provide a lot more attacking width and get further forward than Smith, so we can ditch the 3 up top and get an extra midfielder on the park.

I personally view Haring as more of an old fashioned all round CM opposed to just a CDM like Beni and Devlin on account of his linking play and tendency to get in the box.

My ideal formation would be as follows.

GK Gordon 

RCB Moore/Smith

CB Halkett

LCB Kingsley

RWB Atkinson

RCDM Baningime 

CM Haring

LCDM Devlin

LWB Coachrane

AM McKay (in a free roaming role behind the striker)

ST Boyce/Ginelly

Quite like your 4 at the back idea too but surely Kingsley would be the LB over Cochrane? Needs to be on the pitch for his set piece ability.

18 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Based on today Atkinson can provide a lot more attacking width and get further forward than Smith, so we can ditch the 3 up top and get an extra midfielder on the park.

I personally view Haring as more of an old fashioned all round CM opposed to just a CDM like Beni and Devlin on account of his linking play and tendency to get in the box.

GK Gordon 

RCB Moore/Smith

CB Halkett

LCB Kingsley

RWB Atkinson

RCDM Baningime 

CM Haring

LCDM Devlin

LWB Coachrane

ST Boyce/Ginelly

Quite like your 4 at the back idea too but surely Kingsley would be the LB over Cochrane? Needs to be on the pitch for his set piece ability.

You're right, Kingsley should be there if fit, and Atkinson is more than capable of fitting in to the formation instead of Smith, even after 90 minutes of seeing what he can do. 

We're in a good position as a team. Another striker in the door, and I think we're all good for the season, bar some cover. 

With a bit of creativity, I think we've got what it takes, and a bit of creativity might be all it takes, to get the better of teams who stick to a rigid formation or set out with a specific goal in mind, such as contain teams for 60 minutes, 10 men behind the ball, or whatever it is they plan to do. 

Would love to see Haring’s win % when he plays, must be very high. Missed all of the demotion season and when he got injured the first time in 18/19 it coincided with the massive drop off in form. 

Big John Colquhoun

Needs to start. Devlin and Beni are too similar, they don’t get into the box. When they play together we’re putting crosses into the box and we don’t have enough numbers in there.

I’d love us to go four at the back and play all three in the centre, that would dominate most midfields easily. Haring would make forward runs try to get into the box. Would be solid base for a front three as well.

Sign the laddie up asap!

Hard to see how Beni gets back in at the moment, which is not something any of us would have expected at the start of the season. All credit to Haring.

22 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I think he said he wanted to wait until the end of the season to discuss. Something about  qualifying for Europe "then we'll see". 

But aye, hope he is here for a few more years 👍🏻

Did he actually say this or is it a rumour? 

40 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

I heard them mention it during yesterday's cup game on tv.   The commentator said it. 

Edited by HMFC01

2 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

I'm sure that was more or less his exact words tbh. Can't seem to find the article though.

Edited by Batistuta87

8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'm sure that was more or less his exact words tbh. Can't seem to find the article though.

I think he was just being professional as in he's not thinking about a contract and helping the club get into Europe is the task at hand. 

LarrysRightFoot
15 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

GK Gordon 

RCB Moore/Smith

CB Halkett

LCB Kingsley

RWB Atkinson

RCDM Baningime 

CM Haring

LCDM Devlin

LWB Coachrane

ST Boyce/Ginelly

That midfield is far too defensive. We need to go 433 and have a Cameron type midfielder between 2 of Haring, Beni and Devlin IMO. 

Gordon 

Smith

Halkett

Kingsley

Atkinson

Cochrane

Baningime 

Devlin

Haring

McKay  Boyce

Edited by Factuer Moi

PhoenixHearts
33 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

That midfield is far too defensive. We need to go 433 and have a Cameron type midfielder between 2 of Haring, Beni and Devlin IMO. 

With Devlin and Beni playing the defensive mid role, it allows Haring to reach his full potential as an attacking midfielder...

That was a strikers finish yesterday 😈😁

LarrysRightFoot
27 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

With Devlin and Beni playing the defensive mid role, it allows Haring to reach his full potential as an attacking midfielder...

That was a strikers finish yesterday 😈😁

He’s not got the legs for it. 

I said on another thread that he wasn’t getting into the box like he used to - then he goes and scores 😂  

For me we need a proper box to box midfielder. I wouldn’t discount Haring but I just thinks it’s 2 from 3 with him, Beni and Devlin. 

2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

He’s not got the legs for it. 

I said on another thread that he wasn’t getting into the box like he used to - then he goes and scores 😂  

For me we need a proper box to box midfielder. I wouldn’t discount Haring but I just thinks it’s 2 from 3 with him, Beni and Devlin. 

I think McEneff is the box to box midfielder, our biggest issue is that our current system with a back 3/5 is working so well that I don’t see us changing formation.

I would be tempted to move to 4-3-3 with haring, devlin and Beni against the old firm as we are less likely to dominate possession so it would give us more energy in the midfield. 

LarrysRightFoot
3 minutes ago, Farmer1 said:

I think McEneff is the box to box midfielder, our biggest issue is that our current system with a back 3/5 is working so well that I don’t see us changing formation.

I would be tempted to move to 4-3-3 with haring, devlin and Beni against the old firm as we are less likely to dominate possession so it would give us more energy in the midfield. 

Personally I feel teams are able to outnumber us easily in the midfield with only 2 in there. We’ve given up a lot of chances to the likes of Livi, St Mirren etc this season as a result. 

Mark my words: Haring will be dropped today for Beni and will leave the club in summer because of no perspective under this coach to be in the starting eleven when all players are fit. 

For me it is a shame to lose such quality. 

9 minutes ago, Aimar2000 said:

Mark my words: Haring will be dropped today for Beni and will leave the club in summer because of no perspective under this coach to be in the starting eleven when all players are fit. 

Hard to keep everyone happy. 

9 minutes ago, Aimar2000 said:

That really is a shame, big fan of the guy and without him we are so poor defending set pieces

best in the land
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Should start over cammy 

Definitely. 

Will be disappointed if we aren't trying to keep him. 

After his injury he struggled for a while but has been getting back to nearly his best after a run in the team. 

Nothing against devlin i like him and his energy but when pete is on form he offers a goal threat as well. 

16 minutes ago, moonraker said:

Very few matches he has pkayed in this season where he has not been one of our best 2 or 3 .

Played rather than pkayed

2 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

But he should be one of the 1st players on the team sheet

He has been recently but we have a lot of games coming up. 

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He has been recently but we have a lot of games coming up. 

He might not want one, for all we know. 

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Aimar2000 said:

Why does neilson get the blame and a negative twist on success for our midfielders doing so well? 😂 this place

Absolute Scenes

We are not football managers so I will trust our management have a reason to drop him…not like there’s a derby round the corner or that

Салатные палочки

Anyone else think Pete should start on Tuesday? No harm to Devlin, who has been excellent, but with Beni back it's got to he him and one of the other two and I would he more inclined to start Haring. He just has that extra wee bit of composure on the ball than Cammy does. 

Nice problem to have I suppose. 

Tennant's  6's

Really hope that we keep the big guy. Will need him for our domestic & euro games next season. 

Classy player & a warrior.  

11 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Anyone else think Pete should start on Tuesday? No harm to Devlin, who has been excellent, but with Beni back it's got to he him and one of the other two and I would he more inclined to start Haring. He just has that extra wee bit of composure on the ball than Cammy does. 

Nice problem to have I suppose. 

I honestly don't know. 

Part of me wonders if Devlin might thrive in the chaos of a derby and Haring could help us see out the game. Conversely, we know Devlin treads a fine line and he could get too caught up in the occasion. I think a few of our players did against Celtic and sure, Hibs aren't Celtic but Harings calm approach might be needed to control the game. He's got a fantastic range of passing and looks to get the ball forward. BUT Devlin looks like he's learned to play forward balls... argh!!

Thank god we have Robbie to figure it out!!! :D 

My gut feeling is Haring will start. 

I get the feeling he isn't all that wanted by Robbie. Just a hunch. Really hope we are looking at dealing him in. Cracking player. 

Салатные палочки
Just now, Scott Leitch said:

I get the feeling he isn't all that wanted by Robbie. Just a hunch. Really hope we are looking at dealing him in. Cracking player. 

Mental thought that. I really hope it isn't the case. Only issue might be he wants more regular starts and I suppose that can't be guaranteed with Devlin and Beni in the team. 

55 minutes ago, OTT said:

I honestly don't know. 

Part of me wonders if Devlin might thrive in the chaos of a derby and Haring could help us see out the game. Conversely, we know Devlin treads a fine line and he could get too caught up in the occasion. I think a few of our players did against Celtic and sure, Hibs aren't Celtic but Harings calm approach might be needed to control the game. He's got a fantastic range of passing and looks to get the ball forward. BUT Devlin looks like he's learned to play forward balls... argh!!

Thank god we have Robbie to figure it out!!! :D 

My gut feeling is Haring will start. 

I think he will start, we will play cagey at start. Neilson will pack midfield.

We need Haring, Beni, Devlin and Mniff/neff/caneff/Mackaneff in the squad to cover all our games.

Nielsen showed today we need to rotate players to accommodate the fixtures and keep winning

Tam Flögel and Peter Haring.

Austria has done us proud. 

Would love to hear a wee song for big Pete at Tynie just to let him know we love his contribution and want him to stay.

PhoenixHearts
7 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Tam Flögel and Peter Haring.

Austria has done us proud. 

Would love to hear a wee song for big Pete at Tynie just to let him know we love his contribution and want him to stay.

Heard "Peter Haring Baby" to the tune of Human League "Don't you want me?" a couple times this season.