Peter Haring

Scott Leitch

Man is a class act and an important player for us. Hopefully we are negotiating with him. 

While we are at it get Barrie signed up on a longer deal!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• jackal

• Scott Leitch

• davemclaren

He's been solid since coming back into the team due to Beni's injury. 

Me personally. I don't think you can take him out the team right now. He's right on top of form. 

I'm surprised there has been no news of a contract renewal thus far. 

Just now, copa-mundial said:

Me personally. I don't think you can take him out the team right now. He's right on top of form. 

Wonder if we'll give him another run at centre half once Beni's back fully fit. Could certainly fill the absence for Souttar. Haring has always generally been better in midfield for us but I think Neilson slotted him back in defence when he was getting game time last season. Maybe the new system would suit him more too.

best in the land

Need him signed up, hopefully not running down contract to leave on free. 

Sure i heard something about him waiting till europe is confirmed. 

Been much better recently after some struggles after injury. 

Great player when on form. 

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Given how desperate he was to play in the cup final when not fully fit, I think he really wants to win something in his career. Hearts are his best chance to do that. We're unlikely to see the OF or a major team in England come in for him. I think if we really want him we'll get him to re-sign.

Edited by ToqueJambo

He’s Mr Dependable.

I would have him playing every game. 

Nothing fazes him. Just does what is required with minimal fuss.

Took his goal in typical fashion.

Whatever he does, he does it well and without fuss.

He's one of three or four of our players who would be the first name on my team-sheet.

If that makes any sense!

Jambof3tornado
40 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Getting better and has done so well to get back from injury. 

So pleasing to see him getting back to where he was.

Pete is playing his way into a deal, i hope he wants to continue playing for us. A standout. 2 an a half year deal

50 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Man is a class act and an important player for us. Hopefully we are negotiating with him. 

While we are at it get Barrie signed up on a longer deal!

I think he said he wanted to wait until the end of the season to discuss. Something about  qualifying for Europe "then we'll see". 

But aye, hope he is here for a few more years 👍🏻

number witheld

Who plays when haring, devlin and beni all fit? Will be big call for management. Presume beni has to fight to get back in as devlin/haring working well together. 

3 minutes ago, number witheld said:

Who plays when haring, devlin and beni all fit? Will be big call for management. Presume beni has to fight to get back in as devlin/haring working well together. 

I have a sneaky feeling we might have a wee change of shape.

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, number witheld said:

A good problem to have! 

Captain Lithuania
36 minutes ago, number witheld said:

Baningime and Haring for me.

Beni and Devlin is my number one choice but Haring is a must in some games. Gives us a real presence in the middle and we miss his range of passing when he’s not in there. 

Sounds daft but with Cammy & Beni plus the length of time he spent out injured I’d forgotten how good he was, but oh my word I remember now. He’s absolutely phenomenal & we need to pull out all the stops to keep him at hearts.

15 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I wouldn’t be raging if Peter Haring shagged my wife. I'm sure she's a lovely lady.

He is a great player.   

I agree,even though I've never met your wife.

Edited by TypoonJambo

He has to be offered a deal, it's a no brainer. Even if Devlin and Beni are your first choice midfielders, which I think is maybe a bit debatable given Pete's form, we'll need a big squad if we are in Europe and he is a quality replacement.  Same goes for if we lose any midfielders to bids, having Pete to come right in helps soften the blow big time.

millerjames398

The opposition weren't up to much,,but he really was head and shoulders above that lot today, he's been excellent for weeks now, new deal surely imminent 🇱🇻

Yup, get him signed up. It’s all about having a quality depth of squad , and that would give is a great midfield to rotate 

It looked for a while like he could be done playing period. Miraculous return. Someone called Wee Barrie a Rolls Royce of a player. Haring is a Bentley. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Players looked really happy for him today, looked quite bashful. 

Great lad for dressing room too

Haring was immense in the Olly Lee winner derby at Fester, which for me was his best in a maroon jersey so far.  If he reaches those levels again he’ll be giving the management a headache.

He’s got hefty competition for a starting spot though and I actually think it’s spurred him on since the arrival of Devlin and Beni. 

He's better at defending corners than Beni is tbh, with his general play not too dissimilar. I'd say Beni is going to have to wait for his chance.

Great problem to have.

5 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I have a sneaky feeling we might have a wee change of shape.

I think away from home these 3 have to start when fit. 

4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I wouldn’t be raging if Peter Haring shagged my wife.

He is a great player.   

If you’re not actively encouraging it you’re not a PHM. 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Don't know why he can't fill Souttar's role. The way we play, he'd hardly be sitting back anyway, whilst we are going forward.

Still a tad concerned about his distribution at times. But a lovely problem to have in midfield if that's the plan; with him, Beni & Cammy.

2 year deal for Pete. Make it so.

He hasn’t done well when he played CB for us.

He has done well, but Cammy and Beni are better.  I could see him playing in a 3-5-2 formation… We would dominate possession against probably all teams in Scotland, otherwise it’s the bench for him.

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

First choice for the midfield. 

Agree, should be one of the first names on the team sheet!, didn't deserve to be dropped earlier in the season IMO as he was one of our best players at the time, brings so much to the team, new contract for him ASAP in IMO

PhoenixHearts
11 minutes ago, McCrae said:

He hasn’t done well when he played CB for us.

He has done well, but Cammy and Beni are better.  I could see him playing in a 3-5-2 formation… We would dominate possession against probably all teams in Scotland, otherwise it’s the bench for him.

There's an argument Beni is better but no chance is Devlin is a better footballer than Haring at his best. 

I love Cammy. Love his tenacity and aggression and how he gives everything on the pitch but he still has a lot to learn in terms of composure, awareness and linking play (and finishing 😉)

Haring offers much more in those departments and Cammy can learn a lot from a player like Haring.

The same actually applies for Beni too. Both of them need to improve at the forward passing and distribution.

It's no coincidence that we've played our best football this season with either Haring and Beni or Haring and Devlin as the middle pair.

Haring has started 5 of our 11 league wins and been subbed on and changed the game in a further 2 wins (Celtic home and Livingston away). That's 7 wins out of 11. Add todays cup fixture to that too. Haring played 8 out of 12 wins.

But "it's the bench for him" 😂

For me he's our best midfielder and far too many people take him for granted because Beni and Devlin are seen as "trendier" players or something daft like that.

The people that say inane stuff like "Haring is slow, always looks like a booking and always looses the ball" haven't watched a Hearts game since the championship when he was struggling to find his feet after a long time out. 

Until such a time where he starts disappointing or tailing off, it's the starting 11 for him.

Excellent finish for his goal.   Looked cool through out the game.    Took the physical challenges with ease.   Good game for him to take into the next for his confidence.   

Big Pete is one classy guy, strong, composed and a good range of passing, always been a fan of him, new deal please, would stroll into any other midfield in scotland bar the of.