One Song you wished you’d heard live

Rudy T

So with the passing of Meat Loaf I was  a little sad as although not a huge fan I always wanted to see him performing paradise by the dashboard light live.

So what’s the one song you wished you heard live?

Near enough the stage though to ensure I took in what must be one of the greatest live renditions of any song. I can watch this time and time again.

The Hogfather

Definitely either Bohemian Rhapsody or Radio Gaga. Two songs that would no doubt have raised the hairs on the back of your neck.

Not so much the song but who played it.  Pretty much anything but especially I Feel Alright or Neat Neat Neat by Brian James' Damned.

Maybe for a single song...

Or...

Edited by Victorian

William Tell by Rossini, the first time it was ever played to an audience at the Salle Le Peletier in Paris on 3 August 1829. There are quite a few other operas or symphonies that I'd like to see performed for the very first time, not only so that I could enjoy the music but also so that I could see the reactions of the folk around me who were hearing it for the first time, but that one would probably come in first position.

I would've loved to heard this played live, but also, this entire concert would've been wild to experience. The video of the entire crowd jumping as one to Shoot to Thrill is something to behold. 

1 minute ago, trotter said:

I would've loved to heard this played live, but also, this entire concert would've been wild to experience. The video of the entire crowd jumping as one to Shoot to Thrill is something to behold. 

The concert footage of that whole gig is amazing. South American rock crowds are mental. 

3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Barbie girl by aqua 

Just turn up your volume, hit play on this, shut your eyes, and your dreams will come true.

luckyBatistuta
13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The concert footage of that whole gig is amazing. South American rock crowds are mental. 

Not my thing, but that crowd looked incredible. Watched the whole thing, would definitely liked to have been at that. 

11 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Just turn up your volume, hit play on this, shut your eyes, and your dreams will come true.

😍

Elton and George Michael - Don't let the sun go down on me.

I have seen Elton live countless times, George only once.

This song, by this duet, would be a dream come true for me.

Seymour M Hersh
9 minutes ago, stevieboobs said:

They wanted to play the Castle Esplanade just after the Tattoo finished back in the 70s but the council said no. 

Dagger Is Back

Have been lucky enough to have seen some of the aforementioned bands live but always regret not seeing LZ. Wasn’t allowed to go to Knebworth (my Dads words were not over my dead body) and whilst Skynyrd is up there as a top tune, this is my choice

4 hours ago, Victorian said:

Not so much the song but who played it.  Pretty much anything but especially I Feel Alright or Neat Neat Neat by Brian James' Damned.

Maybe for a single song...

Or...

The Original Damned line up still have (overpriced) tickets available from covid-delayed gigs.

The current line up is going to release a new album, however.  I would rather see this version as most of their best material was after Brian left.

Samuel Camazzola

Live in person... 

AC/DC live in River Plate with Highway To Hell or You Shook Me All Night Long. 

Also George Michael at Wembley for the Freddie Mercury concert - Somebody To Love. I watched the recent documentary about the gig where they had shown the rehearsals for it and his singing at that alone was immense. 

7 hours ago, frankblack said:

The Original Damned line up still have (overpriced) tickets available from covid-delayed gigs.

The current line up is going to release a new album, however.  I would rather see this version as most of their best material was after Brian left.

Each to their own and I agree about the material to an extent.  Machine Gun Etiquette and The Black Album in particular.  But the point was about the musician rather than the material.  

12 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Barbie girl by aqua 

Get yourself tickets for Kubix festival in July and all your dreams might come true 

5 hours ago, Victorian said:

Each to their own and I agree about the material to an extent.  Machine Gun Etiquette and The Black Album in particular.  But the point was about the musician rather than the material.  

Yeah - two of my favourite albums.  Still very good live, but not sure what to expect with original line up - just feel they only had one good album and a second that was patchy in that period.

On 21/01/2022 at 20:32, Nunya Business said:

Definitely either Bohemian Rhapsody or Radio Gaga. Two songs that would no doubt have raised the hairs on the back of your neck.

I was lucky to have see them play these at Knebworth in august 86, would love to have seen Phil Lynott he wrote and played so many great songs

I had tickets to see my first David Bowie show when he was announced as headliner for T in the Park 2004 I think it was.  Sadly he took ill and cancelled and never toured again.

So many Bowie songs I would have liked to have seen live.

Been lucky enough to have seen many posted above, including Thin Lizzy  Led Zeppelin & AC/DC.

Would liked to have been at Woodstock, for Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit or the UFO club to see Pink Floyd's Interstellar Overdrive and a Fleetwood Mac Rumours tour, would have been good.

Frank Sinatra singing " My way" 

Elvis singing it too.  He did a wonderful version as well

Judy Garland singing anything really. What an incredible stage performer she was. 

Dean Martin singing " Thats amore" 

On 21/01/2022 at 20:32, Nunya Business said:

Definitely either Bohemian Rhapsody or Radio Gaga. Two songs that would no doubt have raised the hairs on the back of your neck.

Very difficult to replicate on stage, I would have thought.

I once watched a Queen concert from the 70's and they played the beginning and end but spliced another of their sings into the middle bit.

On 22/01/2022 at 07:43, Samuel Camazzola said:

Live in person... 

AC/DC live in River Plate with Highway To Hell or You Shook Me All Night Long. 

Also George Michael at Wembley for the Freddie Mercury concert - Somebody To Love. I watched the recent documentary about the gig where they had shown the rehearsals for it and his singing at that alone was immense. 

What was the documentary called? Would like to watch that.

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

What was the documentary called? Would like to watch that.

It was on BBC late November/early December and think it was called the Final Act. Will have a look to see if I can find any info... 

The Hogfather
On 23/01/2022 at 14:22, martoon said:

Very difficult to replicate on stage, I would have thought.

I once watched a Queen concert from the 70's and they played the beginning and end but spliced another of their sings into the middle bit.

I’ve lost count the amount of times I’ve seen their Live Aid set or Wembley in ‘86. I’d have loved to have seen them live during their pomp, it’s hard to imagine a better show. 

24 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I’ve lost count the amount of times I’ve seen their Live Aid set or Wembley in ‘86. I’d have loved to have seen them live during their pomp, it’s hard to imagine a better show. 

I wouldn't call myself a huge fan but I do like many of their songs. Particularly those used in Shaun of the Dead.

Awesome live, I would imagine.