Next 3 games

asomerville

Starting tomorrow are the next 3 games for Hearts possibly a make or break for the season. Cup match tomorrow must win of course but won’t be easy, a good cup run would be great. Then 2 massive league games 6 pts and getting closer to 2nd place

6 minutes ago, asomerville said:

Starting tomorrow are the next 3 games for Hearts possibly a make or break for the season. Cup match tomorrow must win of course but won’t be easy, a good cup run would be great. Then 2 massive league games 6 pts and getting closer to 2nd place

Stability ambition agenda. Way more important we make sure these are embedded first. Every game we play is way more important than the last, long may that reign. Nothing is guaranteed , we are at least showing intent. Results are here and there, performances with victories breeds success.

Edited by Factuer Moi

Bazzas right boot
Just now, jr ewing said:

Who knows?

No one, but I don't think we are good enough for 2nd this season. 

If we win 8/9 in a row I'll change my mind tho! 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

If we win 8/9 in a row I'll change my mind tho! 

👍

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

When we win 8/9 in a row I'll change my mind tho! 

FTFY. 😉

I don't think we’re far off them tbh. Certainly aren't going to finish 2nd this season but we will get 3rd. Next season though, we can get right in about them.

been here before

I thought it was the next four league games that could make or break / define our season?

At least that was the case 2 days ago. Has it changed again? And who decides how many of our next games matter?

Edited by been here before

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

There is no chance we are catching Celtic…..the mere suggestion is ridiculous.

Unlikely yes , ridiculous no 

We have to focus on each game at a time, and not look any further than the next game. 
3rd is in our hands. We will also be able to re-invest some of the revenues improving the squad going into next season. Gradual improvement year on year is the key 

4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

We have to focus on each game at a time, and not look any further than the next game. 
3rd is in our hands. We will also be able to re-invest some of the revenues improving the squad going into next season. Gradual improvement year on year is the key 

This. Keep doing the right things and improve season on season. Too many times we’ve had a good season then failed to build on it. 

The next 3 games will probably define the rest of our season. Get beat from hibs and Motherwell and we're in a battle for 3rd. Beat hibs and Motherwell and you'd have to think we're stick ons for 3rd. Beat celtic, mwell and hibs and we're at worst 6 points behind celtic so an outside chance of battling for 2nd. Also beat Rangers in the next game and the end of the season will be pretty exciting! 

I can see us drawing with celtic, beating mwell, drawing with hibs and at best a draw v gers. 

8 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

The next 3 games will probably define the rest of our season. Get beat from hibs and Motherwell and we're in a battle for 3rd. Beat hibs and Motherwell and you'd have to think we're stick ons for 3rd. Beat celtic, mwell and hibs and we're at worst 6 points behind celtic so an outside chance of battling for 2nd. Also beat Rangers in the next game and the end of the season will be pretty exciting! 

I can see us drawing with celtic, beating mwell, drawing with hibs and at best a draw v gers. 

We are in a battle for third as the season has a long way to run yet. We’re in a good position to hold on but we will lose games and there will be a few disappointing and nervy moments yet. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

We're in a battle for 3rd as it stands. 

We are favourites but things can change quickly, we might go on a mini winless run and another team might win 3/4 in a row. 

If we beat hibs and Motherwell, we'll be in a cracking position tho. 

2nd isn't happening, Celtic are better than us. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, GinRummy said:

This. Keep doing the right things and improve season on season. Too many times we’ve had a good season then failed to build on it. 

Yip, if we have 3/4 good seasons of being 3rd and being in Europe then realistic ambitions might change. 

Long way to go before we are in that position tho. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

40 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We're in a battle for 3rd as it stands. 

We are favourites but things can change quickly, we might go on a mini winless run and another team might win 3/4 in a row. 

If we beat hibs and Motherwell, we'll be in a cracking position tho. 

2nd isn't happening, Celtic are better than us. 

I don't think celtic are anything special at the moment, compared with sides they've had over the past 10 years or so. If we can cement 3rd this season then add a couple of quality additions in the summer, then a good chance we could narrow the gap and who knows, maybe start challenging.

Neither Celtic nor Sevco are anything like the sides they have been in the past. They’ve got decent players, but they used to field the likes of Laudrup, Gascoigne, Larsson and Cadete. Nobody they have now is anywhere close to that calibre. However, they still have access to better than we do, and more of it. They will have fewer players suspended and more depth to cover injuries. Plus 90% of Scottish football will be cowed by the strip alone, no matter who wears it.

The games after the next 3 are where we should win lashings of points and progress in the cup.

Beating celtic on wednesday is far frim impossible and we move that much closer to them.

Not saying we will finish 2nd but it could be on and the Scottish Cup is an enticing prospect.

We've done it before.

Takeshi kovac

I'm not even thinking about 2nd, 7 points from the next 3 games will just about guarantee 3rd though unless we absolutely fall apart and I don't see that happening.  But with the squad we have I expect us to give them a right game at Tynie and a win for us would not be a shock. They are much better than they were the first game but I think we are too

One game at a time is for managers and players. Fans on a forum can look as far ahead as we like and enjoy dreaming!!

Beat Livi in the Cup and we are only 2 more wins away from another Cup final. 

Put a run of wins together in the league and we will be uncatchable in third and looking to get closer to Celtic and Rangers. Beat them in our head to head games and put some pressure on them as we come to the split.

On 21/01/2022 at 18:00, DH1986 said:

There is no chance we are catching Celtic…..the mere suggestion is ridiculous.

Wow! Expect a backlash with that opinion 🤣🤣

Bazzas right boot
17 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Neither Celtic nor Sevco are anything like the sides they have been in the past. They’ve got decent players, but they used to field the likes of Laudrup, Gascoigne, Larsson and Cadete. Nobody they have now is anywhere close to that calibre. However, they still have access to better than we do, and more of it. They will have fewer players suspended and more depth to cover injuries. Plus 90% of Scottish football will be cowed by the strip alone, no matter who wears it.

I think rangers might be the team to catch next season. 

I think celtic are going to improve over the short term. 

We aren't good enough to be top 2 this season imo. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

The next 3 games will determine if we have any chance of 2nd.

They won’t give any indication of holding our current position in 3rd.

If we win all 3 it’s game on, but we won’t. So I’m easy about it all. I want to keep our performances against the old firm up and improving. If we do small chance we stay unbeaten against them both in this round of fixtures.

I'm not sure how Celtic will cope with the loss of Rogic and Mcgregor in midfield and Kyogo up front.We should have beaten Rangers so no real fears for the game.Motherwell and Hibs both beatable and have the same heavy programme as us.Tony Watt away who was scoring and Boyle away for Hibs.They certainly aren't replacing them with better players.7 or 9 out of 9 definitely achievable if we play to our levels.

We are catching the eyes of many, at the moment we have the upper hand on 2 of the three sides. Nothing is a given, have to see the Motherwell game as a whipping boys event, i never predict V the vermin, i do though see us skelping them.  Wednesdays game is yet another huge match for both sides, we are a settled side with a bond that may swing it for Us. The opposition have been beaten this season on our pitch, we have played them to the hilt in recent games. Looking forward to seeing the striker score a couple for Us. 2-1 Hearts.

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I think rangers might be the team to catch next season. 

I think celtic are going to improve over the short term. 

We aren't good enough to be top 2 this season imo. 

I’m not 100% convinced by Ange. He’s not really got them playing traditional Celtic football and their squad looks a bit patched together. They’ve got threat up front as they always have had but you look at them in midfield and further back and you don’t see anything special. I don’t think he has the gravitas to manage Celtic. I think we’ll beat them this week and I think he’ll get seriously found out before long. Competing with them will be a very short window of opportunity. 3 or 4 additions on our side and them standing still or breaking apart just a wee bit and we COULD hunt them down next season.

Rangers ? Nah I just can’t see any serious chinks that would suggest we could beat them in a title race.

44 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

We are catching the eyes of many, at the moment we have the upper hand on 2 of the three sides. Nothing is a given, have to see the Motherwell game as a whipping boys event, i never predict V the vermin, i do though see us skelping them.  Wednesdays game is yet another huge match for both sides, we are a settled side with a bond that may swing it for Us. The opposition have been beaten this season on our pitch, we have played them to the hilt in recent games. Looking forward to seeing the striker score a couple for Us. 2-1 Hearts.

Motherwell "whipping boys"

"Skelping the vermin"

Loving your confidence 👍😁

50 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Motherwell are a better team than Hibs IMO and they gave us a proper schooling last time we played them. I’ll take any sort of win against them and a draw wouldn’t be a disaster.

Hibs are in transition and potentially a wee bit unstable just now. If we get the bit between our teeth you can see us winning that comfortably.

Celtic are very beatable, especially as under strength as they are going to be this week. That’s a home win IMO.

52 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Motherwell "whipping boys"

"Skelping the vermin"

Loving your confidence 👍😁

We finally have a system and a way of playing, an identity. For me that is the biggest change.

43 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Motherwell are a better team than Hibs IMO and they gave us a proper schooling last time we played them. I’ll take any sort of win against them and a draw wouldn’t be a disaster.

Hibs are in transition and potentially a wee bit unstable just now. If we get the bit between our teeth you can see us winning that comfortably.

Celtic are very beatable, especially as under strength as they are going to be this week. That’s a home win IMO.

We are an all round better team,looking to a play a brand of football to challenge the competition. Right now we are getting it together, mindset team bonding go a long way to winning games before a ball has been kicked. 

Fort Vallance

I'll admit to a lack of ambition but I just want to finish 10 points above that mob from Leith. Everything else is a welcome bonus.

avhudtheteeshirt

2nd in the league is a dream, already we've been weakened by the Souttar fiasco.

Yet still the Uglies will say, we need the other teams in our league to get stronger???