Shaun Maloney

bawheed

Ronald Villiers
46 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20220121_110330.jpg

I'm sure the Hobo's had this image on Twitter when Maloney signed with the caption 'What is Maloney saying to his players'.  There were some pretty deluded responses from the tramp.  It would be funny to see some of our responses.  What about 'I'd like you to look at the picture of the stadium to my right.  Can you believe we announced that as a sellout!'

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
11 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I'm sure the Hobo's had this image on Twitter when Maloney signed with the caption 'What is Maloney saying to his players'.  There were some pretty deluded responses from the tramp.  It would be funny to see some of our responses.  What about 'I'd like you to look at the picture of the stadium to my right.  Can you believe we announced that as a sellout!'

"Stop laughing, I AM standing up"

Ex member of the SaS

Had a laugh with the missus at half time last night, just imagined him spitting bits of peanuts out of his pouches while going daft at them.

3 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

A lot of media fanboys from his Celtic and Scotland days.  His media handling to date has been painful to watch, feel like I'm watching some nervous fella doing a public speech for the first time.

No mention from the media about him playing just one centre half and 2 full backs/wing backs on either side?

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Spikey

Had dealings with that MennyKurphy arsehat before. An absolute cockwomble.

Gives the impression of being in the Cathro football scientist mould. Where coaching is more important than the ability of the players. Do it my way and we will conquer Europe (or maybe even avoid relegation). Very pleased for Hibs.

Maloney is a proven cheat. He took a dive and got Takis Fysass sent off. Red card later rescinded but serious damage done to our league challenge. 

I didn't think much of H1b5 performance last night, they couldn't get behind the Cove defence and didn't seem to have the pace to trouble them. Maloney is used to working with some of the worlds best players and they probably don't need much telling, this H1b5 bunch don't look as if they can do it by themselves. SM had a bit of the Cathro look to him; There's no doubt imo that sacking Ross for Maloney was a mistake, possibly of Butcher proportions.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Spikey

Christ sounds like a man under a lot of pressure already. Rival managers will be taking note he seems to have a thin skin. Ross is effectively a pundit now, he just did exactly what Levein did with Souttar and spoke about someone he still has a relationship with.

14 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

He said Cove are not a League 1 side and their players are not League 1 players - what league are they playing in then ?? 

They were definitely in League 1 when we beat them 3-0 in July before Beni, Devlin and McKay had signed for us. 

21 hours ago, Morgan said:

Does Bill Murray model for Midget Gems?

:greggy:

You’re not allowed to call them Midget Gems now. M&S changed the name to Mini Gems after a complaint from a Midget🤣🤣

I kid you not! 

wonder if it was Maloney that complained. 

InternationalJambo
18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Christ sounds like a man under a lot of pressure already. Rival managers will be taking note he seems to have a thin skin. Ross is effectively a pundit now, he just did exactly what Levein did with Souttar and spoke about someone he still has a relationship with.

I thought the same. Seemed really wound up when Jack Ross' comments were fair imo. 

Edited by InternationalJambo

1 minute ago, InternationalJambo said:

I thought the same. Seemed really wound up when Jack Ross' comments were fair imo. 

It was Martin Boyle that went to Jack Ross for advice. 

InternationalJambo
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

How long you giving the wee guy? Won't last beyond Christmas this year IMO. They seem to look a lot worse now the new manager bounce has waned. 

1 minute ago, InternationalJambo said:

How long you giving the wee guy? Won't last beyond Christmas this year IMO. They seem to look a lot worse now the new manager bounce has waned. 

I'm very relaxed about Maloney being Hibs manager. 

I just said March but was thinking it was November somehow. 

Not sure. Before Christmas would be right. Cathro was sacked 1st August after not getting out of League Cup group. 

Edited by Mikey1874

InternationalJambo
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'm very relaxed about Maloney being Hibs manager. 

I just said March but was thinking it was November somehow. 

Not sure. Before Christmas would be right. Cathro was sacked 1st August after not getting out of League Cup group. 

As am I 😄.

Personally cannot wait until the 1st.

10 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

As am I 😄.

Personally cannot wait until the 1st.

Wee team.

Wee manager.

Wee defeat to the Famous should put paid to his wee Hibs career.

:fth: 

2 hours ago, Rudolf said:

You’re not allowed to call them Midget Gems now. M&S changed the name to Mini Gems after a complaint from a Midget🤣🤣

I kid you not! 

wonder if it was Maloney that complained. 

There is a Canadian Football team that for 70 or so years wete called The Eskimo’s. In the last couple of years that has been deemed racist and the team had to change it’s name to The Elks🤦‍♂️ Politically correct madness ffs!

Just seen the EENs player ratings.  Quite astonishing given the actual performance.   Maloney is going to get a helluva of lot of leeway by the press.   That Cove performance was dire yet he gets a free pass and the players get 6s and 7s, when  most Hibees would give 3s and 4s.   

6 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I didn't think much of H1b5 performance last night, they couldn't get behind the Cove defence and didn't seem to have the pace to trouble them. Maloney is used to working with some of the worlds best players and they probably don't need much telling, this H1b5 bunch don't look as if they can do it by themselves. SM had a bit of the Cathro look to him; There's no doubt imo that sacking Ross for Maloney was a mistake, possibly of Butcher proportions.

Spot on , he is now probably realising how much of an uphill battle he has on his hands. 
He was pretty much in the background with the Belgium team, would have not had any influence on tactics . This is going to be a good watch , when we beat them , the real hurt will start .

McGlynn The Money
On 20/01/2022 at 23:07, Four faces said:

Hate how sportscene put him on a pedestal.....but it's the only way they can get a face to face interview so understandable i suppose.

Good one.

👏

12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sounds like the wee fella has imposter syndrome in spades and has been really triggered by one of his players approaching Ross for advice.    He may have great coaching knowledge but how’s he going to instil confidence when he comes across like this.   I think when the going gets tough he’ll be all over the place.