Barrie Mckay

Selkirkhmfc1874

22 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve seen him do anything but try and get the ball forward, either by running with it or passing.

Comment was meant to be at the teamn sas a whole - Mackay is our most direct player...thats why I am a fan of his style - worded it wrongly๐Ÿ˜Œ

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Unknown user

• niblick1874

• Canscot

1 minute ago, busbyfth said:

Comment was meant to be at the teamn sas a whole - Mackay is our most direct player...thats why I am a fan of his style - worded it wrongly๐Ÿ˜Œ

Makes sense ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

On 20/01/2022 at 21:15, BigAlim said:

ย 

I have a hun mate who told me when we signed him not to expect any defensive workrate, tracking back, tackling or anything like that, said he would drift in and out of games, basically decribed him as another GMS. After watching him play for us on telly a couple of times my mate said he barely recognises him as the same player.

ย 

It really does seem like McKay is taking his career more seriously since joining Hearts

ย 

Thanks for that. I thought that might be the case and was hoping it would be. Thanks again for getting back.

I think Barrie Mackay is one of the best signings we have made for many years. Been a while since I've seen a hearts player that I've enjoyed watching as much.ย  His game against Auchinleck today was just a complete all round performance, and for such a small guy he even won quite a few headers too. Best eye for a killer pass since Stevie Fulton.ย 

2 hours ago, Firefox said:

I think Barrie Mackay is one of the best signings we have made for many years. Been a while since I've seen a hearts player that I've enjoyed watching as much.ย  His game against Auchinleck today was just a complete all round performance, and for such a small guy he even won quite a few headers too. Best eye for a killer pass since Stevie Fulton.ย 

Certainly one of the best in an attacking sense, if he can chip in with a couple goals would be huge. Such a joy to watch with his weight of pass always seeming to be right on the money.ย 

On 21/01/2022 at 12:02, busbyfth said:

hahaha Im only half daft then - if memory serves we had pretty similar views back in the day - cheers

We did.

ย 

It was a pretty crazy board. We had good regulars like Stockport Jambo, Victor Ian off the top of my head.

ย 

Myself and yourself.

ย 

Then you had the crazies. Darren Cheesewater, Mixu 6-2, Sergy, Super Dandies all a breed of unknown origin.

ย 

Then the people changing 1 letter of a username slightly to impersonate another user.ย 

Was all just a bit nuts looking back.

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

We did.

ย 

It was a pretty crazy board. We had good regulars like Stockport Jambo, Victor Ian off the top of my head.

ย 

Myself and yourself.

ย 

Then you had the crazies. Darren Cheesewater, Mixu 6-2, Sergy, Super Dandies all a breed of unknown origin.

ย 

Then the people changing 1 letter of a username slightly to impersonate another user.ย 

Was all just a bit nuts looking back.

hahahaha brilliant - I totally forgot those names - there was one who posted a lot of sense then every so often posted something that everyone got up against yet he then went obnoxious - he posted more than anyone but then every so often took the huff for a few weeks. Cannot remember his name. I persisted with the EN & Scotsman for years but 95% of the time couldn't manage to get the site working right and everyone else due to problems fell away - only just came back on here.....Cheers

Absolute Scenes

Does he suffer PTSD from shooting? Never seen a player so scared to shoot

Edited by Absolute Scenes

34 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He wasn't very good but had a great moment that led to a goal with a great pass.

ย 

Arguably, taking a second touch instead of playing the ball through first time, as he has been doing, that goal could have been disallowed.

ย 

Thought he'd caught Boycieitis!

ย 

ย 

7 hours ago, south morocco said:

Nice wee player but need to be far more aggressive in his play not in a dirty way

ย 

I couldn't agree less, he's much more than just a nice wee player and he gets stuck in.

6 hours ago, Chaps said:

Very poor tonight but canโ€™t play well every game I suppose. Also need to get him off set pieces theyโ€™re pish.

He's consistent with his set pieces, his corners and free kicks reliably land in the right areas. Not so much last night but it's been one of his strengths.