Goalkeeping Howlers

Japan Jambo

Seen a few over the years, Ray Dunlop at Annfield , Roussett at Hampden and Craig Gordon selling  the jerseys at Parkhead. 

Nothing compared to the many  Hibs howlers though.

1 hour ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Andy McNeil

Young lad Brown , Zibi ,Leigthon, Burridge etc have all provided derby laughs. 

9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

A bit like the Darren Jackson goal for us at Tynecastle, Can't remember who it was against, 1999?

Think it was Rab Douglas for Dundee

Are we all forgetting the Lithuanian goal keeper who played for us against Rangers :facepalm:

Cannot find the video. 

Eduardas Kurskis

image.png.8cdfa5a720e7909bb673c1141b958cde.png

Edited by Stu_HMFC

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Are we all forgetting the Lithuanian goal keeper who played for us against Rangers :facepalm:

Cannot find the video. 

Eduardas Kurskis

image.png.8cdfa5a720e7909bb673c1141b958cde.png

That was one slip that could happen to any keeper. The home match that we lost to Inverness 3-2 the following week was much worse. Error after error culminating in a sending off. It's the one match I've been to where I've genuinely thought that I could have done better than one of the players on the pitch.

Edited by Bindy Badgy

2 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

That was one slip that could happen to any keeper. The home match that we lost to Inverness 3-2 the following week was much worse. Error after error culminating in a sending off. It's the one match I've been to where I['ve genuinely thought that I could have done better than one of the players on the pitch.

😂

22 hours ago, Four faces said:

The Hearts women's keeper against Rangers.

She is someone who was walking their dug and they were a goalie missing and dragged her in isn't she?

4 minutes ago, briever said:

I wonder if that has video evidence of GMS doing something worthwhile?

I thought John Rankin just scored a last minute goal in the Scottish cup final the way he celebrated 😂

I love Henry Smith and he was so good for us but like all keepers he was not immune to a howler. I seem to recall him making a shocker of one v Dundee in a 4 all cup game (we lost on pens) at Dens. If it wasn't this game it was maybe a few years before. It was early 90s. He got a pass from our right back and he passed it to the opposing striker. But perhaps my memory is playing tricks.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I love Henry Smith and he was so good for us but like all keepers he was not immune to a howler. I seem to recall him making a shocker of one v Dundee in a 4 all cup game (we lost on pens) at Dens. If it wasn't this game it was maybe a few years before. It was early 90s. He got a pass from our right back and he passed it to the opposing striker. But perhaps my memory is playing tricks.

My worst Henry memory was 1-2 at Hampden, 1988 semi (could possibly be a game at Tynie, memory a little rusty) We were 1-0 with 5 to go and the big fella made the same mistake twice to allow them take the win and getting to the final. 

Edited by Marvin

Anyone seen the penalty shoot out where the last taker crashes the ball off the bar into the air - keeper starts celebrating, and running about - the ball then comes back down and bounces into the net. Goal! Priceless! 😂

Edited by Rogue Daddy
Link

Skippy Doodle
19 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

17 hours ago, Marvin said:

My worst Henry memory was 1-2 at Hampden, 1988 semi (could possibly be a game at Tynie, memory a little rusty) We were 1-0 with 5 to go and the big fella made the same mistake twice to allow them take the win and getting to the final. 

He didn't make a mistake for the second. Mark McGhee elbowed him in the face. Clear foul, but not given against a weedgie team in Weedgieville in a Scottish Cup semi final in that weedgie team's centenary year.

6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

He didn't make a mistake for the second. Mark McGhee elbowed him in the face. Clear foul, but not given against a weedgie team in Weedgieville in a Scottish Cup semi final in that weedgie team's centenary year.

Not surprised one little bit. Cheers for correcting me. 

queensferryjambo
On 18/01/2022 at 15:10, Japan Jambo said:

Just saw this and I immediately thought of poppadum hands;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/60023892

Any nominations? 

Ducks for cover but two of the worst by Hearts legends, just goes to show you no goalkeeper is immune from the odd total clanger. 

- Gilles Rousett in the 96 cup final. 

- Craig Gordon at Parkhead (whilst playing for us) when he decided to throw the ball in the net for them for a late winner.