• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Factuer Moi

• Morgan

• Hansel

• Unknown user

13 hours ago, mickycameron98 said:

This will vary for everyone as I myself have missed some crackers....however I was at these 3 magic games.

1. Celtic 2 Hearts 3 Year 2000.  2 nil down at Parkhead and pulled it out the bag! Beautiful

2. Hearts 4 Hibs 4 year 2003 was in the corporate next to a Hibs fan that day oh what a glorious finale that was. His face at the end!

3. Hearts 4 Hibs 0 year 2006. Again in corporate absolutely fantastic performance and pished to the max after! Superb

Off the top of my head, I’d go the 4-0 2006, the 4-4 03, Ian’s the 1-0 win v Rangers at Tynecastle in 05/06. I really thought we were going to win the league during that game. 

1989 Bayern at Tynecastle     1-0 Hearts .......  unbelievable night

2012 semi at Hampden    2-1 Hearts  ......  lets all do the Beattie

2006 semi at Hampden   4-0 Hearts  ...... Sir Paul Hartley

1 hour ago, Factuer Moi said:

I have never fallen out of love with that side

Yep great times , Proper highlights shows how good a team Utd were Aberdeen and Celtic both very strong great period for Scottish football and Hearts , all changed with Souness and Rangers overspending 

The Hartley semi in 2006

The 4-1 revenge match in 1973 when Ford and Busby ran riot.

The early 70’s game at Ibrox when the late Rangers FC were all over us then Tommy Murray sat on the ball before crossing for Donald to steal a 1-0 win. 

14 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

Yep great times , Proper highlights shows how good a team Utd were Aberdeen and Celtic both very strong great period for Scottish football and Hearts , all changed with Souness and Rangers overspending 

Life itself was great , had it all. Threw it away a few weeks later, lost the plot the girl and been the same since.The football on show was outstanding, way better than what was being served in the English top tier. The side proved it the next season in Europe, a proper football team with a history like no other. The finances were there for us then as they are now, we have the most incredible fan base that walks the talk, rules the roost while showing how to support your football club. Rangers and Celtic had been playing in front of their lowest attendences, they were still out in front by a mile back then. The surprise is that we are still alive and kicking, after everything that could go wrong has went near to the point we were near gone. Right now we have a firm foothold on the finances of the club, along with the FOH we are in a unique situation, have money to spend as long as it benefits the clubs future.

Beating strong and as strong as the castle rock.

Edited by Factuer Moi

2 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Life itself was great , had it all. Threw it away a few weeks later, lost the splot the girl and been the same since.The football on show was outstanding, way better than what was being served in the English top tier. The side proved it the next season in Europe, a proper football team with a history like no other. The finances were there for us then as they are now, we have the most incredible fan base that walks the talk, rules the roost while showing how to support your football club. Rangers and Celtic had been playing in front of their lowest attendences, they were still out in front by a mile back then. The surprise is that we are still alive and kicking, after eerything that could go wrong has went near to the point we were enar gone. Right now we have a firm foothold on the finaces of the club, along with the FOH we are in a unique situation, have money to spend as long as it benefits the clubs future.

Beating strong and as strong as the castle rock.

Amen ,we were strutting around Scotland as youngsters thinking this is the way it’s always going to be coming back from the brink with Mercer at the helm and after the terrible 70s , FOH is the game changer after almost 3 Decades of turmoil ,

11 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

Amen ,we were strutting around Scotland as youngsters thinking this is the way it’s always going to be coming back from the brink with Mercer at the helm and after the terrible 70s , FOH is the game changer after almost 3 Decades of turmoil ,

I would go way back to the early sixties, never known Hearts have a money pot to piss in untill Wallace arrived and that was full of piss almost instantly. Apart from the obvious events during the years 81-86 my own Hearts history knew nothing better than The Shed Old England wine and a glue bag. The days of the Clerry Jungle will never leave me, even though i was never one of them i still regard them as greats .

Mad a **** lol

Edited by Factuer Moi

Scottish Cup semi 2006 - closest I have been to skelping the vermin at Hampden as I was living and working in South Korea in 2012 - glorious!
Fozzy on the fence derby win at Fester

Away to Dundee United April '86

2006 semi-final (last Hearts game with my dad)

Bayern at home

4-0 ending of Celtic's run

3-0 win at ER under Stendel

2-2 draw last game of 14/15 season

The Bannon Flick

The Mercer Derby at Easter Road (3-0 win)

The Allan Johnston 3-0 win at Ibrox

5-2 win v Killie in cup winning season (97-98)

The Bannon Flick

Couldn’t filter down to just 3 - so here’s 3 more…

Hearts v Bayern

Foster Derby at ER

4-0 semi final v Hibs

This depends on what age you are.

8/9/73. Hearts 4 Hibs 1. If you had been at the previous game, you will understand why.

September 1976. Hearts 5 Lokomotive Leipzeg 1. My first ever European game at Tynecastle aged 13yrs and 5 months.

2nd April 2006. They didn't want Murrayfield, it had to be Hampden. We didn't care, we proved we own them anywhere.

Montgomery Brewster

August 84 - Derek O’Connor last minute winner against the vermin 

Feb 94 - Fozzie on the fence

August 2002 - MDV demolition 

really dislike those ***** having grown up during the 70’s barren years when they would regularly turn us over. Every game we beat them is always special and I will never tire of putting those ***** to the sword !

F T H 

Too hard to narrow it down. 

Tynecastle:

Hearts 3 Hibs 2

Hearts 4 Celtic 0

Beating Aberdeen to reach the CL. 

Away matches:

Frankie Says Derby

Celtic 2 Hearts 3

New Rangers 1 Hearts 2 Championship 

Europe 

Liverpool away

Bayern at home

Athletico Madrid at home

Cups 

Hibs 4-0

Celtic 2-1

Rangers 4-2

Leipzig

Robbo’s first derby 

Strange one because we lost. Scottish Cup tie against Dundee United at Tannadice in 84 when I just remember the Hearts support being immense. Maybe because of the injustice of Jimmy Bone being sent off at end of first half but a huge ground swell of singing/chanting started during half time accentuated by being packed in like sardines on the old steep terrace which got more and more vociferous.

One of these games where the support really did drive the 10 men forward against a very good team. When Robbo scored the penalty equaliser after Zico’s mazy run into the box cue pandemonium. 

Bayern game.

Dundee United 1986 as posted by @Factuer Moi not only Robbo's greatest goal but the game where many of us thought we'd go on to win the league.

Hearts 3 hibs 2 1983. My first derby and the day many of us fell in love with a certain wee striker.

Mercer derby at Easter road - I was at the fence next to their fans winding them up.  Great fun and a quality Hearts performance.

3-0 at Tannadice in 1986 - Possibly best performance I’ve seen from a Hearts team

Velez Mostar in UEFA cup - Nowhere beats Tynie on a European night under the lights and the ground was jumping that night.

Home to Hamilton 87-88 won 7-0 my first ever game.

Bayern home best atmosphere at the old Tyne.

Rangers home the day robbo broke the record.

On 17/01/2022 at 22:17, Factuer Moi said:

Hearts V Bayern Tynecastle Park

V Dundee United

12 April 1986  

Was convinced we’d win the league after this 😱Still a great year to be a Jambo

Bayern at home. What an atmosphere 

Hibs “relegation party” the ultimate GIRFUY

28 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Was convinced we’d win the league after this 😱Still a great year to be a Jambo

Bayern at home. What an atmosphere 

Hibs “relegation party” the ultimate GIRFUY

3-2 V the vermin in august 1984 is well in the top 10 games, The Hartley semi final being another.

The Tom Hart Memorial shield at Fester road ealy 80's has a place in my heart.

Edited by Factuer Moi

30 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

2012 semi final

4-0 v Celtic

2006 semi final

1-0 v Hibs, Kevin Kyle

10-0 v Cowdenbeath

I was going to try to mention some games no one else had but you beat me to the 10-0 game.

I loved that Championship season, visiting lots of grounds I had never been to. Random moments like Hearts fans celebrating when the other team scored so we won 5-1. And running with the league leaving Hibs and Rangers miles behind.

The 10-0 game was surreal. Nothing happened for nearly half an hour til Zeefuik scored a hat trick in 3 minutes! Gomis got to take a penalty as he was one of the only players not to have scored. And there were no goals in the last 15 minutes either.

2012 Cup semi final. Celtic had so much pressure that day. Still feel the tension when I watch it back. The joy of Skacel's finish, the despair of their offside equaliser, the delay before the penalty and the ecstasy when Beattie scored. Lennon's tears. The disbelief we'd beaten Celtic in Glasgow and the absolute conviction we'd hammer Hibs in the final.

A 5-2 victory over St Mirren at Tynecastle. Big Zal got sent off early on. Rudi scored a hat trick all from outside the box. Even Sutton scored! The standing ovation for Skacel when he went off. The whole place was rocking.

And a more personal one from years ago. Getting to go to watch Hearts by myself as a youngster at Love Street in a League Cup game. Remember very little of it apart from my hero Scott Crabbe scoring the only goal of the game late in extra time. Had a wee chat with him about it a year or two ago at a stadium tour. Happy days.

On 17/01/2022 at 22:40, tian447 said:

2012: Dundee United 1-1 Hearts (4-5 penalties) - the game itself was a bit rotten, but beating them on penalties after missing the first 2 was an emotional rollercoaster. Thought we'd blown it, and then they went and did it in a more spectacular fashion.  Even better, I lived down the road so walking back with my scarf tucked into my jumper with all the United fans felt like something out of a spy movie :lol:

I lived in Erskine Street at the time and popped into the Balmore after the game wearing my Hearts scarf.

1. 2012 Scottish Cup semi-final. Hearts 2-1 Celtic. For raw emotion, the best game I've been at.

2. Hearts 2-1 Atletico Madrid. Probably the best one-off European result at a game I've attended. Stuttgart and Slavia Prague were both really good too.

3. Hearts 10-0 Cowdenbeath. Ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Darren said:

I lived in Erskine Street at the time and popped into the Balmore after the game wearing my Hearts scarf.

Isn't the Balmore the one where that mental Aberdeen supporter used to drink?  Seen him just about every day, steaming, standing outside in his Aberdeen shirt having a cigarette! 

If they tolerated him, I'm sure you'd have been alright in there :lol: 

I lived on Dundonald Street at the time.  I did not think it would be a smart move to pop into the 4J's after the game :lol: 

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Isn't the Balmore the one where that mental Aberdeen supporter used to drink?  Seen him just about every day, steaming, standing outside in his Aberdeen shirt having a cigarette! 

If they tolerated him, I'm sure you'd have been alright in there :lol: 

I lived on Dundonald Street at the time.  I did not think it would be a smart move to pop into the 4J's after the game :lol: 

Never saw him in the pub, but regularly saw him outside his flat a few doors down from it. Narrowly avoided his gob one day. A charming man...

1 minute ago, Darren said:

Never saw him in the pub, but regularly saw him outside his flat a few doors down from it. Narrowly avoided his gob one day. A charming man...

Ah that's a good point, he was always standing in a doorway a couple of doors down.  Maybe he was never actually in the pub at all, I just assumed it was his local :lol: 

Ever venture into The Windsor Bar?  I have never been in a more soul crushingly depressing shitehole in my life!

Great knowing that you have been to every game mentioned i think  bar the 6-5 SC Game

4-1 Hibs

2-1 Aberdeen 

10-0 as i took my lad to his first fame

So many TBF

Edited by Drew Wallace

jambo-in-furness

Strange one this, a friendly in 1962 ish

Hearts 6 Moscow Torpedo 0

my first cup final

League cup final against Killie 1-0

Liverpool 1-1 cos I was spotted on tv,  in front of a guy wearing a plastic horses head,  thankyou Dobbin😁👍

wheatfieldtosheffield
On 18/01/2022 at 11:45, Boyces beard said:

1989 Bayern at Tynecastle     1-0 Hearts .......  unbelievable night

2012 semi at Hampden    2-1 Hearts  ......  lets all do the Beattie

2006 semi at Hampden   4-0 Hearts  ...... Sir Paul Hartley

Exactly the same three games for me!

Dundee Utd v Hearts score 5 - 6 1968 I think, Bordeax , daughter and I were there, phoned home to check who scored,  not appreciated by wife who was watching  live and possibly Robbo getting his Big Cup medal in 1998.

2 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Strange one this, a friendly in 1962 ish

Hearts 6 Moscow Torpedo 0

my first cup final

League cup final against Killie 1-0

Liverpool 1-1 cos I was spotted on tv,  in front of a guy wearing a plastic horses head,  thankyou Dobbin😁👍

Was at first two games also Killie game was my first final!

This is like choosing your 3 favourite songs of all time, impossible!  Anyway I thought long and hard about this as I could have chosen from about 20-30 games.

Arbroath 0 Hearts 1 1978 - Dancing on pitch at end celebrating promotion.  What an amazing season with Morton, Hearts and Dundee fighting for two promotion places on last day

Hearts 3 Hibs 2 1983 - Twice came back from a goal down and the realisation of a sea change in this fixture after them dominating for over a decade - also a star was born - Robbo

Hibs 1 Hearts 2 SC 1994 - Foster.  I remember clear as day when Mackay played the ball over the Hibs defence,  "we're in" was the gasp, quickly followed by "oh no, it's Wayne".  What followed was possibly the best goal celebration I can ever remember.  Arms and legs everywhere.

Ask me tomorrow and I'll have 3 different games!!

No particular order:

Aberdeen 1 Heart of Midlothian 4   

1st Nov 1997 https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199711011.html

One down at half time, thought the bubble had burst, but as it turned out, it hadn't!  Few of us went up, stayed over at a pal's in Aberdeen.  Alcohol fuelled carnage all day and night.  Great laugh!

Kilmarnock 1 Heart of Midlothian 2 

17th Feb 2006 (Scottish Cup 4th Round) https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199602171.html

Perhaps not the "best" game, but it was the cup, a tricky away tie at a bit of a bogey ground.  Neil Berry pops up with the winner, ten minutes to go, pandemonium.

Bordeaux 0 Heart of Midlothian 1

My first away Euro trip.  Sensational!

Others have posted games that would easily be on this list, had they not been mentioned already (I know Bordeaux has).

January 92 Celtic 1 Heart of Midlothian 2   was just a brilliant day out 

September 83 Heart of Midlothian 3 Hibernian 2    no explanation required 

January 06 Heart of Midlothian 4 Hibernian 1    should have been 7 or 8 AND I MET STEPHANE ADAM 🙂 

Celtic 1 Hearts 2 1992 midweek at Darkheid. The Scott Crabbe goal. Utter carnage at our 2nd goal.

Fossie in the cup v Hobbits. There's carnage and there's that game.

3-2 v Hobbits with Bone and Robbo, My first derby. Shed was mental that day.

On 19/01/2022 at 17:21, Drew Wallace said:

Great knowing that you have been to every game mentioned i think  bar the 6-5 SC Game

4-1 Hibs

2-1 Aberdeen 

10-0 as i took my lad to his first fame

So many TBF

One of the funniest moments was a brussel sprout fight in a small town near Dumfries...

Very special indeed...

So many good ones here and I agree with every one!

1 favourite of mine was the LC quarter final in 1996 at Tynecastle after we had 4 players sent off at ibrox. Had to borrow big Andy Thorn from Wimbledon (I think?) With Robbo scoring the winner in extra time.

5 minutes ago, raider1874 said:

So many good ones here and I agree with every one!

1 favourite of mine was the LC quarter final in 1996 at Tynecastle after we had 4 players sent off at ibrox. Had to borrow big Andy Thorn from Wimbledon (I think?) With Robbo scoring the winner in extra time.

That was my first time in the Wheatfield IIRC, great atmosphere that night

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That was my first time in the Wheatfield IIRC, great atmosphere that night

Fabulous.

No one gave us a sniff after the weekend's shenanigans.