Top 3 games attended outwith the 3 latest cup wins

mickycameron98

mickycameron98

This will vary for everyone as I myself have missed some crackers....however I was at these 3 magic games.

1. Celtic 2 Hearts 3 Year 2000.  2 nil down at Parkhead and pulled it out the bag! Beautiful

2. Hearts 4 Hibs 4 year 2003 was in the corporate next to a Hibs fan that day oh what a glorious finale that was. His face at the end!

3. Hearts 4 Hibs 0 year 2006. Again in corporate absolutely fantastic performance and pished to the max after! Superb

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Factuer Moi

• Morgan

• Hansel

• Unknown user

Hearts 4-0 Celtic. Went expecting a pumping. Ended up doing the poznan! 😂 

Hearts 4-0 Hibs Semi final. Hartley brilliance

Hearts 5-2 Dundee Utd. Most goals my lad has seen us score. He was buzzing. Some of the best football I’ve seen at Hearts for a long time. Could have finished 10-4 that day.

No particular order I'd say

2012 Semi vs Celtic

4-0 win vs Celtic in 2017

2006 semi vs Hibs

Edited by Locky

Hearts V Bayern Tynecastle Park

V Dundee United

12 April 1986  
Edited by Factuer Moi

4-2 against rangers in 1995 (donkey dave was on fire) 2 - 0 up then 2-2 then 4-2.

2-1 semi vs Aberdeen (2 late goals Robbo and magic) not best performance but amazing scenes when winner went in. Pity we got pumped in the final.

1-1 vs celtic in 97-98 (quitongo last minute) absolutely mental scenes. Felt like we were gonna win the league that season

Special bonus game

2-1 vs hibs 2014 (relegation season but we dragged them down with us.  Paterson scored twice)

Remember ironically cheering the Hibs team on for the 2nd half. They must have been seething 😆 🤣 

Edited by Ted (Theodore) Logan
Messed up

The White Cockade

Leipzig 5-1

Hibs 3-2 Jimmy Bone winner

7-0 at Arbroath Willie G and Drew B hat tricks 

plus many hundreds more

I would probably go for the derby at ER after the Mercer takeover bid, the Wayne Foster derby at ER and the Johnston hat-trick at Ibrox.

Samuel Camazzola
5 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

4-2 against rangers in 1995 (donkey dave was on fire) 2 - 0 up then 2-2 then 4-2.

2-1 semi vs Aberdeen (2 late goals Robbo and magic) not best performance but amazing scenes when winner went in. Pity we got pumped in the final.

1-1 vs celtic in 97-98 (quitongo last minute) absolutely mental scenes. Felt like we were gonna win the league that season

Special bonus game

2-1 vs hibs 2014 (relegation season but we dragged them down with us.  Paterson scored twice)

Remember ironically cheering the Hibs team on for the 2nd half. They must have been seething 😆 🤣 

I don't think there has been any greater bedlam seen at Tynecastle than when this hit the back of the net! 

2 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Leipzig 5-1

Hibs 3-2 Jimmy Bone winner

7-0 at Arbroath Willie G and Drew B hat tricks 

plus many hundreds morey

:sweeet:

even picking a top three derbies outside of cup competitions is a difficult task. So many great memories

When the police told us to stop scoring goals at half time

Wayne Fosters game

Happy Graham Weir Day

So Mark De Vriesy

4-1 in 05/06

4-0 in 05/06

Zal ruining their parade

Kevin Kyles Hootennany 

Skacel sealing the 3-1 at ER

The Relegation Party

Kevin Hibsed It

Hopefully another one to add on in a couple of weeks time :jjyay:

Some less obvious ones:

2015: Hearts 4-3 St Johnstone - first game after we came up from the Championship, fthe game was all over the place, end to end and getting the winner a few minutes after they got the equaliser was brilliant.

2012: Dundee United 1-1 Hearts (4-5 penalties) - the game itself was a bit rotten, but beating them on penalties after missing the first 2 was an emotional rollercoaster. Thought we'd blown it, and then they went and did it in a more spectacular fashion.  Even better, I lived down the road so walking back with my scarf tucked into my jumper with all the United fans felt like something out of a spy movie :lol:

2012: Hibs 1-3 Hearts - Proper New Year's Day Derby. Skacel's superb goal at the end from what seemed like a poor cross from Sutton was the icing on the cake.  The place went absolutely ballistic. 

51 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I don't think there has been any greater bedlam seen at Tynecastle than when this hit the back of the net! 

I ended up about 2 rows in front of me under a pile of people

Remember JJ running on the pitch and slipping on the wet grass 😆 🤣  

Edit. Or was it the steward? 

Edited by Ted (Theodore) Logan

41 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Some less obvious 

2012: Hibs 1-3 Hearts - Proper New Year's Day Derby. Skacel's superb goal at the end from what seemed like a poor cross from Sutton was the icing on the cake.  The place went absolutely ballistic. 

And the stormtroopers. Don't forget the stormtroopers :lol:

Bazzas right boot

Stugart 3-2, emotional roller-coaster. Tynecastle was cackling as well. 

Hearts 4 - rangers 2. Sc. Just a daft game and knocking out that rangers team was an achievement, we then beat the holders Utd to then lose to Airdrie. 

1-1 v hibs, mid 90's, 1-0 down, over 26k at Tynecastle. Absolutely shite game but the atmosphere and celebrations to keep the unbeaten run going... 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

That cop still cracks me up. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

And the stormtroopers. Don't forget the stormtroopers :lol:

The best thing about the goals is seeing them in the background. 

If they were in the same pished/hungover state I was in, I have no idea how they didn't drown in their own sweat in those things :lol:

SPH Hatrick semi final 

4-2 cup win v Rangers ...big Dave charging up the pitch 

Celtic away 2-1 Miller and I think Crabbo scored (absolute bedlam ...we had a huge support through)

Loved the Stendel derby at ER as I was with my dad and boy 👌🏼 Special times

4-2 v Rangers in 1995, under the lights and live on TV on a school night, went back to my best mates for a sleepover totally buzzing

Phil Stamp winner at ER as I woke up black and blue and no voice from celebrating, we were on the back row hammering the metal backing of the stand.

Some amazing memories following the JT’s.

Ive avoided all cup games, but my toppers would be Sir Paul 4-0 and The Beattie penalty semi - Hibs already through and they expected us to get pumped :)

Edited by Armageddon

2 hours ago, Factuer Moi said:

V Dundee United

12 April 1986  

The day we thought we'd prob won the league, great performance  and Robbie first goal in game💥🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

millerjames398

The mercer derby..absolutely toxic atmosphere..and put them back in their box😂

The Henry save game v Celtic 3-1. First time I'd seen us give them a doing.

Aberdeen semi 96..just the feeling of relief, to finally win a semi.

But if i got asked the same question tomorrow, I'd probably pick another 3 games😂🇱🇻

crikey, that's a hard one

Basel, the game was mental then derailing the tram

the 4-4 happy new weir

2-1 vs Celtic with Austin Mccann's wonder goal

2-1 at ER mckenna and stamp (sent off for celebrating) on my birthday

Celtic semi, let's all do the beattie 

4-2 vs Killie, 1st game of burley reign....a sign of intent. just for the "what the **** have we got on our hands* value

beating Aberdeen for the CL spot

Cowdenbeath 10-0 as I had my 4yo son with me

far too many

13 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

The day we thought we'd prob won the league, great performance  and Robbie first goal in game💥🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

It felt like we had the world at our feet that day, a tough end to end match we won through sheer grit a superb keeper . Robbo set us alight , a cracking first goal and brilliant person to have in life.

Championees ringing around the terracing, sure a few weeks later will be more remembered. This game was the highlight of the season .

Edited by Factuer Moi

luckyBatistuta

Bayern,  1989…so much tension, then utter mayhem and disbelief when we scored

Mercer Derby, 1990…a mental atmosphere, but just beautiful witnessing their pain

Dundee Utd, 1986…the day I believed we would win the league

One of the games I considered, was the 1996 League Cup Final. I just couldn’t though, as it was such a heartbreaking loss. We were outstanding that day and the only difference was the genius of Gascoigne. I thought Neil McCann gave the best 90 minute performance I’ve seen by any player in a Hearts strip.

Hearts 3 Hibs 2, 1983/84

Dundee Utd 0 Hearts 3, 1985/86

Hearts 4 Hibs 0 (Hampden), 2005/06

I love that I had to put Hampden in (brackets) as it wasn't our only 4-0 win vs. the emailers that season. 😄

Girfuy, Hibby.

3rd best - Hearts 2 - 0 Hibs 

2012 season first derby of the season at Tynecastle, Is and remains the only time I have seen us beat them live, so it retains a special place for me (have also witnessed 3 draws and 1 defeat )

2nd best- Hearts 2 - 0 Dinamo Zagreb

Europa league game circa 2008-2009 ish, Simply for the electric atmosphere of a European night under the lights at Tynecastle and also a Hearts win.

1st (Best) - Celtic 1 - 2 Hearts Scottish cup 2012 semi final

Was unbelievable from start to finish! just a great day, the best game I have been to by far, that celebration at the end will live with me for a long time and Rudi's goal was a peach as well.

Picked my three but honourable mention to Slavia Prague at Tynecastle.

One down from first leg, went two up then they pulled one back. Went three one up at half time. They then made it 3-2 and were going through. Step up, Snodin ! 

Ooft !

4-2. 

What a game that was.

1, 2006 Semi 4-0

2, 5-1 - MDV Derby 

3, 4-0 - 2005 - Rudi Miko Hartley and Stephen Simmons with the goals  

My top 3 games supporting Hearts,

I was at the Newcastle 4 Arsenal 4 game it was good but I don't support any them 😂 Good game to be at but doesn't top beating Hibs for me! 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

The Goalscoring Knee

Dundee United 86 Thought that was the day - passed a United fan travelling back who doffed his cap and heaped praise on Hearts, who he thought were going to win it. How little we both knew...

Cup semi 2012. Don't think I'll ever again witness us getting a penalty  with a couple of minutes left. In Glasgow. Against Celtic.

And not a big one for anyone else, I'll bet - midweek game against Falkirk in 2003 in the League Cup. First game I ever took my wee boy to. He loved it. 🥰 

Edited by The Goalscoring Knee

N Lincs Jambo

Wow! Some fabulous games already mentioned so I'm going to plump for three games which I don't think have been mentioned yet (apologies if I have missed them).

1973 4-1 v them in the first game after "that" game.

1987 4-1 at home against a very good Dundee Utd side who had made the UEFA Cup final 3 months earlier.

1992 2-1 v the Jungle Jims at Parkhead. Crabbe and Millar goals. All the talk had been about us needing to win in Glasgow if we're serious about winning the league. Fabulous performance and result only to hit earth with a bump next week at Tynecastle with a 0-4 v the sheep.

12 hours ago, Factuer Moi said:

V Dundee United

12 April 1986  

Really thought that was the league won 

BerraBelieveit

Brilliant Thread. 

2006 and 2012 semi final wins would be up there along with Anfield. 

Could rhyme of several derbies - 3-2 Boxing Day 2006 had everything, 5-1 De Vries, 3-1 at Easter Road with Skacel scoring - one of my favourite Hearts goals of all time & special shout out to my first derby in 2000 with Juanjo scoring a screamer and a McSwegan winner to guarantee third on the final day of the season. 

Three out with that for me - 

Rangers 1 Hearts 2 (2014) - Don't think I've ever experienced two polar opposite emotions so quickly. Rangers fans still giving us it tight as Sow sticks away the winner. 

Hearts 4 Aberdeen 1 (1997) - First game at Tynecastle with my Dad and you could tell we were going to be a force that season. 

Hearts 3 Dundee Utd 0 (2009) - Last game I ever attended with my Dad, remember him sinking cans of Stella walking along Gorgie Road and we sealed third that day. Would've ditched the car and got the train and enjoyed a few pints if I knew it would be the last. 

Edited by BerraBelieveit

1) Hearts 2-0 Hibs (2014) aka the Relegation Party

2) Hibs 1-2 Hearts (2014) aka the REAL relegation party

3) Liverpool 1-1 Hearts (2012)

Also an honourable mention to the first derby of 14/15 & to make it a triple header of glorious victories in a row followed by Ozturks raker to stay unbeaten. Relegation aside, 2014 was too much fun

Edited by boag1874

Howdy Doody Jambo
13 hours ago, BigAlim said:

1. Anfield

2. 2012 Semi

3. 2006 Semi

Nailed it 

Tannadice 3-0 in 86 possibly swap with 2012 semi

Edited by The Maroon Pound

37 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

Really thought that was the league won 

I have never fallen out of love with that side