Good days

Rick James

We've got a thread for shit days, but lets hear about your good days. Let's spread some positivity here. I'm sick of feeling all gloomy. :lol: 

Had a magic weekend. Had a catch up with a mate on Friday evening, few pints and nips but stuck to my promise of being home before midnight (which if you know me, is impressive). Then on Saturday I went down to Musselburgh for the day with my mate. Watched Mussy Athletic and then to my old local to meet my other mates who I hadn't seen for a few weeks. Yesterday, my Sunday amateur team won a big game to go 2nd in the league, then I came home, put my feet up and chilled out.

Back to work today, but going to watch the NBA at 6 when I finish, then Celtic vs Hibs to whet the appetite for going back to Tynecastle tomorrow.

Spread your positivity guys and gals.

Had a fantastic round of golf Friday in glorious sunshine.

Won on the 18th with a steady par 4. New putter I treated myself to as an early Christmas present working nicely.

Currently arranging a wee 4 day fishing trip to Ireland with some pals.

Excitement within the group building already as we have been before and it’s one we all look forward too.

Guiness by the bucket load. Fabulous food and some of the best fishing in the whole of the UK.

Roll on summer!!!

I am in my very senior years, like this fine day it started successful, I woke up, thats a start, I have had my morning coffee, got on as I do the Internet, read the news good and bad, and take joy that at my age there is not much either way that will influence my future, so no stress no anxiety, compared to my young days when one sometimes started the day with dread no longer happens. My wants are minimal, for the first time in my life right here on JKB I have sincere friends, I have some long lasting now low feelings, but every day is a good day and a bonus, and I remain optimistic and am seldom disappointed that something no matter how small will make me smile today.

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I was having a great day until I saw that you had started a thread that I was going to.

:biggrin:

There's still and opening for a 'Shit day that turned good' thread, better get in quick.

I bought a blind from Habitat. It was slightly bigger than my window, but it said on the website that it could be trimmed to size. Opened it up, and there was nothing in the instructions telling you how to trim it. Thought I'd give it a go anyway. After much head scratching, swearing, sweating and lots more swearing, I managed it and it looks great. (Wouldn't buy another of the barstewards though).  Now I'm off to take the dogs for a nice long walk in the sunshine.

32 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I was having a great day until I saw that you had started a thread that I was going to.

:biggrin:

:lol: 

Got to strike while the iron is hot my man. Every Monday should have a feel good thread. 😎 

Saturday was a good day, prior to the announcement of the return of full football crowds being allowed a mate and I arranged to go to the Kelty v Edin City game, lunch and a few pints before, enjoyable game and then a decent session afterwards!

1 hour ago, Locky said:

:lol: 

Got to strike while the iron is hot my man. Every Monday should have a feel good thread. 😎 

I'm that cheesed off that I've just struck my wife with a hot iron.

I told her it was on your recommendation.

:sadrobbo:

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I'm that cheesed off that I've just struck my wife with a hot iron.

I told her it was on your recommendation.

:sadrobbo:

Surely she knows you're not daft enough to take any tips off me? :) 

Carl Fredrickson

Cracking idea for a thread by the OP.

My kids are with me Friday after school until Monday mornings. Every weekend is a good day. 

Saturdays they both have classes they go to so Sunday is the day we try and do something as a family.

Yesterday my 6 year old daughter asked if we could go to Eyemouth. A lovely crisp day with lots of sunshine. A nice walk followed by a sit in chippy lunch. Watched the waves batter the seawalls, then onto the 2p machines at the arcade. My daughter won a cuddly toy she wanted and the three of us came home happy. 

1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

My 6 year old daughter asked if we could go to Eyemouth. A lovely crisp day with lots of sunshine. A nice walk followed by a sit in chippy lunch. Watched the waves batter the seawalls, then onto the 2p machines at the arcade. My daughter won a cuddly toy she wanted and the three of us came home happy. 

Brilliant day. She's going to remember that. 

I had a great drop-in visit from three of my grandchildren this morning.  It doesn't happen often because they're scattered geographically.  We had a tremendous chat.  Also in the visit was my 10-week old great grandson.  I blethered to him too, and was rewarded with a massive toothless grin.

Life is wonderful.

Watching both my kids go to school and nursery every morning and flourishing is also a highlight of my weekdays. Seeing them after school with smiles and stories to tell = braw. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Carl Fredrickson
25 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I had a great drop-in visit from three of my grandchildren this morning.  It doesn't happen often because they're scattered geographically.  We had a tremendous chat.  Also in the visit was my 10-week old great grandson.  I blethered to him too, and was rewarded with a massive toothless grin.

Life is wonderful.

Did you forget to put your falsers in? :peepwall:

Seriously though it sounds like a great morning for you.

Found a box of mini heroes, left over and forgotten from Christmas, in the hall cupboard. Munching through them and rewatching Game of Thrones.

Pretty guid day :)

14 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Did you forget to put your falsers in? :peepwall:

Seriously though it sounds like a great morning for you.

:rofl: 

Enjoying reading this thread. Keep the good vibes coming.

Managed 6 hours straight sleep last night, first night I have got anything over 1 hour straight after breaking ribs 4 weeks ago.

what a day to be alive 😊

Rupert Pupkin

Went out to celebrate my wife’s birthday with a meal on Saturday evening, then dropped her at her friends house .. She came home absolutely steaming.. Now she has been like this many times, but is always ok the next day... Not this time.. She woke up with a raging hangover, and didn’t get out of bed till after 12, still feeling nauseous... I felt so smug, what a great day😂😂😂

Welcome to the 40’s dear