Hospitality

woody1983

Looking for bit of advice, done Gorgie Suites hospitality before, but was thinking about trying out either the Sky Lounge or the the Executive European Lounge. What's people thoughts/experiances on each of these?

Was in the EEL for the Dundee game in October, good food and plenty drink flowing, guest was Ian Black. Had a really good day but we'll probably go back to the Gorgie next time just for Scott Wilson, no slight on the guy who does the EEL it's just he's not Scott Wilson.

4 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Was in the EEL for the Dundee game in October, good food and plenty drink flowing, guest was Ian Black. Had a really good day but we'll probably go back to the Gorgie next time just for Scott Wilson, no slight on the guy who does the EEL it's just he's not Scott Wilson.

How does the food work in EEL? Is it just mains you order or 2/3 course?

Just now, woody1983 said:

How does the food work in EEL? Is it just mains you order or 2/3 course?

From memory you get a choice of 2/3 mains and same for dessert

Thumb Up Emoji

I think they are all good in different ways

Gorgie - for a good day out with your mates. Not stuffy, get to see players chat and some banter with Scott Wilson. Seats you get are behind goals. Not the best imho, but more of an atmosphere in the stands.
European - good food, a bit fancier. The chat from host isn't amazing but I prefer the seats you get to the ones in the Gorgie. Bit more of a buzz than say the Skyline.
Skyline - really good food and you are really well looked after. It's definitely a lot more formal and there's a lot less of an atmosphere. So it's not really a true 'match day experience'. Much more a really nice meal/wine before taking in the game.

So if you want atmosphere, go Gorgie. If you want good food, go to Skyline. If you want somewhere in-between go European.

Edited by Thumb Up Emoji

Don’t forget the ‘lesser’ lounges like the Strongbow. Not costing much at all, but you get the warmth pre, post and half time. You get a wee bit of buffet good and a half time pie. But great seats in the main stand.

If they could somehow get the Gorgie experience with Scott Wilson, players etc and put that in the main stand with main stand seats they’d be onto an amazing winner. I do love that experience but to be honest the last few times we’ve avoided it and went for the cheaper ones as I hate not having as good a view as my own seat. I don’t want to waste time travelling between stands just to sit in my own seat either (although would do it if it meant I got money off the hospitality price).

lost in space
8 minutes ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Gorgie - for a good day out with your mates. Not stuffy, get to see players chat and some banter with Scott Wilson. Seats you get are behind goals. Not the best imho, but more of an atmosphere in the stands.
European - good food, a bit fancier. The chat from host isn't amazing but I prefer the seats you get to the ones in the Gorgie. Bit more of a buzz than say the Skyline.
Skyline - really good food and you are really well looked after. It's definitely a lot more formal and there's a lot less of an atmosphere. So it's not really a true 'match day experience'. Much more a really nice meal/wine before taking in the game.

So if you want atmosphere, go Gorgie. If you want good food, go to Skyline. If you want somewhere in-between go European.

Excellent summary.

Montgomery Brewster
23 minutes ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Yes totally agree with skyline comments. Just a different atmosphere but food and drink service  is absolutely first class.

I’ve never had a bad experience at any of the lounges and have never witnessed us get beat when in one. Maybe I should goto every home game 😀

Edited by Montgomery Brewster

Heritage is the other lounge not mentioned in the above.  Probably ranks between Strongbow and Executive (all three lounges next to each other).  Again a buffet food station, cash bar, pies half time etc.  Billy Brown is usually the ambassador in that lounge and he's good for a chat and insights.  Seats are in Section R of stand so nice and central.  Very enjoyable.

3 minutes ago, Gards said:

Heritage is the other lounge not mentioned in the above.  Probably ranks between Strongbow and Executive (all three lounges next to each other).  Again a buffet food station, cash bar, pies half time etc.  Billy Brown is usually the ambassador in that lounge and he's good for a chat and insights.  Seats are in Section R of stand so nice and central.  Very enjoyable.

Couldn't remember the name of the Heritage one! Think the main difference between that one and Strongbow is assigned seats, where Strongbow is find a seat where you can and standing room if you come late. Think you can reserve if disabled or limited movement though. To be honest there’s plenty of seats for most, the ones who end up standing are people coming in 30 mins before kick off when they could’ve showed up hours before.

• 2 weeks later...
highlandjambo3
11 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

In the Skyline lounge today really busy today good to see more wonga for the jambos 

I’ll be taking the skids there at some point soon

4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’ll be taking the skids there at some point soon

:mw_confused:

These guys? Are they Jambo's? 

Skids%202022%20Homepage%20image.jpg

:laugh:

Fxxx the SPFL
55 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Food good?

Yep really nice Dave and the drinks of course only down side had to take the wife but she is a season ticket holder as well so didn’t have much of a choice lol 

31 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Yep really nice Dave and the drinks of course only down side had to take the wife but she is a season ticket holder as well so didn’t have much of a choice lol 

👍

I can fully recommend the Diggers for pre-match hospitalty.  3 pies and 10 pints of heavy sets you up nicely for the game.

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I can fully recommend the Diggers for pre-match hospitalty.  3 pies and 10 pints of heavy sets you up nicely for the game.

Then the skids?

12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

The heavy isn’t what it was, to be fair. 😄

47 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The heavy isn’t what it was, to be fair. 😄

Oh for that creamy jungle juice of yesteryear.

2 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Oh for that creamy jungle juice of yesteryear.

I'm a lager man but that heavy in the Diggers was pure nectar.

I was in the Gorgie suite for the Dundee Utd - absolutely brilliant day in and out of the suite - the only small issue was the slow table service, but I imagine that's a tactic when you consider how much could be consumed.

3 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

In the Skyline lounge today really busy today good to see more wonga for the jambos 

I was in the Gorgie and Scott announced that we'd sold out every hospitality lounge.  I don't know what the combined capacity of the 5 lounges is, but that is a hell of a lot of money coming in.   

joondalupjambo
2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

or even worse

skid marks on road car doing Stock Footage Video (100% Royalty-free)  1016074093 | Shutterstock

Jeez oh that looks very much the street I lived on in Oz.  Mind you all suburban, housing estate streets looked like that there😄 Hoon city😄

Edited by joondalupjambo

On 17/01/2022 at 11:54, Thumb Up Emoji said:

We did the Skyline for a cup game against Dundee United a few seasons ago.  I'd go as far as saying a lovely meal/evening interrupted by having to go out and watch the game.

For hospitality I'd go Gorgie, for a meal/night out on a non matchday I'd go Skyline.

On 17/01/2022 at 11:54, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Great post mate.  Really helpful summary.

Brown Stuff 74

Done hospitality this weekend (European executive suite) thoroughly enjoyed it. A solid 8 out of 10. Venison stew was class (normally an eating is cheating kinda guy as well) and getting to meet my childhood hero Billy Brown was simply bliss. 

No sure about the schooner instead of pints but jokes on them me drank twice as much. 

😂:pleasing:

50 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Great post mate.  Really helpful summary.

Missing both the Strongbow and Heritage lounges in that summary.  You should look at them on the Hearts site as well.

3 hours ago, RobNox said:

I was in the Gorgie and Scott announced that we'd sold out every hospitality lounge.  I don't know what the combined capacity of the 5 lounges is, but that is a hell of a lot of money coming in.   

Gorgie 320

EES 114

Heritage 84

Strongbow 100 

skyline 41 👍🏻

Jean Louis Valois

Done the Skyline twice now, it's excellent. You are really well looked after. Only thing it misses in my opinion is maybe an ex player doing the rounds between the tables, like the other lounges. For the money it costs I think it would be a good addition 

Fxxx the SPFL
31 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

Gorgie 320

EES 114

Heritage 84

Strongbow 100 

skyline 41 👍🏻

I counted 80 in today at one point in Skyline 

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

6 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I counted 80 in today at one point in Skyline 

Was that half a room or whole room 🤔 one half is Directors and the other half the fans 👍🏻 About 40 each side, I didn’t count directors as fans can’t buy into that 😉

1 hour ago, Gards said:

Missing both the Strongbow and Heritage lounges in that summary.  You should look at them on the Hearts site as well.

Cheers.  Definitely going to try hospitality for the Livi game.

Fxxx the SPFL
19 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

Was that half a room or whole room 🤔 one half is Directors and the other half the fans 👍🏻 About 40 each side, I didn’t count directors as fans can’t buy into that 😉

The whole skyline 

4 hours ago, briever said:

I was in the Gorgie suite for the Dundee Utd - absolutely brilliant day in and out of the suite - the only small issue was the slow table service, but I imagine that's a tactic when you consider how much could be consumed.

Was in the Gorgie at Rangers game, couldn't fault the service, great day out apart from result