*** Hearts v St Johnstone match thread ***

lou

3 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Did they sign Crawford ex Hamilton ?

Converted his loan to permanent, signed for them during summer.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Factuer Moi

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• GinRummy

Hackney Hearts
12 minutes ago, fila said:

one way traffic towards their goals for both halves 

Both halves? 

Is that something we do?

4 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Gnando?

Good shout!    You're rehired.   

Seriously, I'm  not certain if he'll be available  due to him getting moved on.    I'd have him on the bench if he is available. 

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Converted his loan to permanent, signed for them during summer.

Ah that was it , knew I’d seen his name somewhere in the papers this winter. Cheers 

My half sister

Henderson will be the only player in the squad who is 'Match Fit' so I would start him. Players are notoriously sluggish after a winter break and he could catch out the Saints defence.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Have they signed anyone?

Never a great game against them, always sit in. Take 1-0 to get the season back up and running.

They've signed 2013 wonderkid Nadir Ciftci. 

The Hearts fan in me says he's absolutely shite, hasn't scored goals in ages, and has a horrible attitude. 

The Hearts fans in me also says he's exactly the sort of arsehole to go and score in the first 10 minutes. 

A team bottom of the league, without a win in 3 months? Welcome to Tynecastle :lol:

1 hour ago, My half sister said:

Henderson will be the only player in the squad who is 'Match Fit' so I would start him. Players are notoriously sluggish after a winter break and he could catch out the Saints defence.

5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

The Hearts fan in me says he's absolutely shite, hasn't scored goals in ages, and has a horrible attitude. 

The Hearts fans in me also says he's exactly the sort of arsehole to go and score in the first 10 minutes. 

A team bottom of the league, without a win in 3 months? Welcome to Tynecastle :lol:

I heard his name mentioned on the radio and they were somewhat surprised at how young he was, didn’t realise it was StJ he’d signed for.

Absolutely spot on with the rest, I actually can’t remember the last time I thought right it’ll be an easy game tonight, too many years following Hearts to be that optimistic 😂

Gordon

Moore

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith

Haring

Devlin

Halliday

Ginnelly

Woodburn

McKay

I would personally start Atkinson but I think Robbie will stick with Smith and bring him on instead. I would also play Cochrane before Halliday but again I think he will pick Halliday.

2 goals scored away from home all season for St Johnstone so hopefully this should be a comfortable victory with a clean sheet.

Never seems to be easy for us against St Johnstone though !!!!

We're 3rd & were flying before the break

They're bottom & looked hopeless, can't score away & their big saviour is Nadir Ciftci who doesn't score many goals

& I'm still worried about this :lol:

47 minutes ago, tian447 said:

this!  Hopefully not tonight though

59 minutes ago, tian447 said:

You have me worried , scared even.

Edited by Factuer Moi

21 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Exactly 

If Souttar takes dogs abuse it will unsettle the whole team and affect our performance 

anybody who can’t see that is delusional

Here's a good idea, don't give him dogs abuse so as not to unsettle the whole team and affect our performance.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Zoiks!  And to just partake in idle chat at that moment too like it's run of the mill stuff!

Think a fair few looking fwd to giving abuse but it wont help the team.

Give him pelters at warm up if you have to but lay off during game.

Just now, Turkishcap said:

Think a fair few looking fwd to giving abuse but it wont help the team.

Give him pelters at warm up if you have to but lay off during game.

Very much this, 3 points is much more important than trying to upset John Souter.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Fiver on Souttar first goal scorer tonight :lol:

:profit:

😄 

Then goes onto celebrate by taking his shirt off to reveal a king Billy t-shirt. 

Like we do after the international breaks, I think we will struggle tonight. A win is a possibility, but more likely a score draw, with certain folk on here to lose their shit and Neilson Out threads to appear all over the shop. 

15 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Zoiks!  And to just partake in idle chat at that moment too like it's run of the mill stuff!

:oohmatron:

What a horrible typo :rofl: 

44 minutes ago, tian447 said:

What a horrible typo :rofl: 

I mean, even the sentence before it, like no issues, that's fine and at least he's a jambo.  But the situation just escalated beyond what you might usually see shared to be honest!!

1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

We're 3rd & were flying before the break

They're bottom & looked hopeless, can't score away & their big saviour is Nadir Ciftci who doesn't score many goals

& I'm still worried about this :lol:

That's because the scenario you just spelled out is exactly the sort of fixture we **** up

Back of the Bus
5 hours ago, Jamborose said:

or late and the 50% been done lol 

That’s my plan as well so telling others to get in early! 😉

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

14 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I mean, even the sentence before it, like no issues, that's fine and at least he's a jambo.  But the situation just escalated beyond what you might usually see shared to be honest!!

Makes the Hearts FanS in me feel normal.

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Souttar is going to get boo’d. Any mis placed pass or dodgey moments it’s going go be hellish, but that’s football 

It’ll be a waste of breath booing him - (if he plays) - he’s too thick skinned to let it get to him and it won’t help the team.

Edited by Jumper

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

1-0 Hearts with Halliday having a shocker.

Difficult for him to concentrate when his team have a big game at the same time. 

Wow. All this talk of vitriol and booing that was going to happen to Souttar tonight seems to have subsided. Some Hearts fans now appear happy to bend over and take the dry boaby from the coffee roaster. Interesting night ahead ………….

lost in space
5 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

4736e13e30437f00fef3fd6e308c947a--kenneth-williams-messing.jpg

Wow. Good find. A macho Kenneth Williams - who would have thunk it?

Actually thought it was Chris Barrie (plays "Rimmer" in Red Dwarf).

3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Some good ones online, just google and hey presto

Kenneth Williams and Rimmer in the same read...

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Edited by Factuer Moi

I'm not remotely worried about this.  Easy win for us.  On the other hand, I'm a bit worried about not being woriied.  Anyway, I'll worry about that later.

2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I thought it was that annoying git Danny Kaye. 

11 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Wow. All this talk of vitriol and booing that was going to happen to Souttar tonight seems to have subsided. Some Hearts fans now appear happy to bend over and take the dry boaby from the coffee roaster. Interesting night ahead ………….

Souttar is basically taking the piss out of you mate.  I can't attend tonight but give him a bollocking from me!  

If you hate Judas Souttar clap your hands 🥁

22 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

FFS. So not booing means you are bending over for Souter. 🤡

Can only see souttar playing if halkett, Moore, Kingsley, Smith or Haring are injured. Can't even see him being on the bench. 

The rest of the team depends on how Atkinson's done in training, how fit beni and Boyce are etc. 

Hoping for a 2 or 3 nil win. 

10 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

FFS. So not booing means you are bending over for Souter. 🤡

It’s the Hearts way just now. Soft touch. 

Don’t want to put wittle Soapy on edge now do we. 

Now bend over, there’s a good Hearts fan 👍🏻

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

According to the Scotsman Nadir Ciftci set to be unleashed on us  😶

7 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

It’s the Hearts way just now. Soft touch. 

Don’t want to put wittle Soapy on edge now do we. 

Now bend over, there’s a good Hearts fan 👍🏻

I won't be booing him because it is counter productive as it will likely impact the team and create a negative atmosphere. I put my support of Hearts above my disdain for John Souttar. Sounds like you care more about abusing Souttar than supporting Hearts. Each to their own but my only concern tonight is getting 3 points.

23 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Can only see souttar playing if halkett, Moore, Kingsley, Smith or Haring are injured. Can't even see him being on the bench. 

The rest of the team depends on how Atkinson's done in training, how fit beni and Boyce are etc. 

Hoping for a 2 or 3 nil win. 

9 subs though. He will be on the bench at least. 

2 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I won't be booing him because it is counter productive as it will likely impact the team and create a negative atmosphere. I put my support of Hearts above my disdain for John Souttar. Sounds like you care more about abusing Souttar than supporting Hearts. Each to their own but my only concern tonight is getting 3 points.

I’ll be booing the Coffee Roasting Rodents every touch 👍🏻