*** Hearts v St Johnstone match thread ***

lou

lost in space
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

That team won't even play against Auchinleck Talbot, never mind Celtic.

It was a team pit out, to get three points. Job done. It will be a different team on Saturday and different again the following Wednesday. This is the way in modern football  dear.x

Agreed - job done. There wasnt much to choose from, for up front last night (Covid + injury to our only real forward) but the team played well despite the distractions.  A professional performance - including Souttar. It is very frustrating waiting for a forward signing and accept that Savage and his team will be working hard on this.  We are still "suffering" from the poor signing - and non replacement of - Gnando.

We are not far away from a very good team.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Factuer Moi

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• GinRummy

Thought Haring was absolutely fantastic last night. He’s getting better every game too. Can’t be many better midfielders in the country right now.

Looking at next weeks fixtures, Hibs play away to Motherwell, which is perfect for while we play Celtic.  Aberdeen away to St Mirren the night before

While I think we can win or get a point agianst Celitc, if we don't, we're not going to lose much of our lead I don't think.  Hibs, Motherwell and Aberdeen may well all drop points.

Ideally Aberdeen lose and I'd prob take a Motherwell win as we play them next, so we can put them straight back in their box.

13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can someone please make a gif of Barrie Mckay leaving the two St J players falling over each other in his wake with "Hearts" over McKay and "Clubs that voted to demote Hearts" over the St J players?

13 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The change of pace was brilliant. 

The 2 diddies didn't know were they where. 

😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

:greggy:

What I think gets overlooked as we talk about the quality side of things is we now out will teams at Tynecastle, we outfight them. 

It’s huge for me. We didn’t do this in recent years. Any game is hard whether it’s the bottom side or top and you can see the workrate is there for 90 minutes now.

But more importantly we’ve regained a hardy streak in ourselves.  Our concentration and focus is better on what we have to maintain for 90 mins.  

Edited by Debut 4

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

He's a bit like playing a man short. Whatever he once had is long gone.

I think playing as one of the two number 10s isn’t doing him a hell of a lot of favours to be honest, we were better last night when Ginnelly moved wide in the 2nd half which stretched them and gave McKay room as a false 9. It would be good if the manager gave him 15 minutes wide when it’s not working like the first half yesterday. 

58 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Thought Haring was absolutely fantastic last night. He’s getting better every game too. Can’t be many better midfielders in the country right now.

I still feel he lacks a bit of mobility. Often looks like his piles are troubling him when he runs. 🥸

49 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Brilliant 👏 👏 

48 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

What I think gets overlooked as we talk about the quality side of things is we now out will teams at Tynecastle, we outfight them. 

It’s huge for me. We didn’t do this in recent years. Any game is hard whether it’s the bottom side or top and you can see the workrate is there for 90 minutes now.

But more importantly we’ve regained a hardy streak in ourselves.  Our concentration and focus is better on what we have to maintain for 90 mins.  

Good point. The difference in attitude is maybe taken for granted a bit. Compared to previous seasons it’s like night and day. 

Pasquale for King

I think we should’ve had two penalties last night, with Boyce out I wonder if it would’ve been Souttar again like up at Pittodrie. That would’ve been interesting. 

Just now, mickycameron98 said:

Did Robbie mention anything about Wiodburn missing or Halketts Injury?

Not specifically on Woodburn but been suggested it’s covid. Halkett precautionary after recent injury RN said. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, mickycameron98 said:

Did Robbie mention anything about Wiodburn missing or Halketts Injury?

Said Halkett was feeling his ankle, that made him come off on Boxing Day. Should be ok for Saturday 🤞
Didn’t see anything about Woodburn..

Ex member of the SaS

Great result and some great passages of play but there is still work to be done, too many back passes, too many miss placed passes, all things they should be working on. Having said that I was pleased with the way we played in general as we normally play crap after a break. We really do need a striker that is the most obvious point as Ginnelly was out of position too often and we didn't get enough players in the box when going forward.

mickycameron98
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not specifically on Woodburn but been suggested it’s covid. Halkett precautionary after recent injury RN said. 

Cheers

On 17/01/2022 at 10:20, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ciftci will probably score against us

they were able to bring a striker in - yet we still seem unable to 

ciftci would have been an improvement on what we have too 

if we are lucky we will get a draw 

God you are a tedious bore

31 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Dissent or was he dazzling the players with his shiny teeth?

Dissent towards officials at half-time.

Edited by Gambo

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

God you are a tedious bore

:greatpost:

Every comment is exactly the same as well.  Picks a topic for the day and posts multiple times about it.

Yesterday's word of the day was embarrassing.  Just about every post.

Can't wait to see how today is going to be derailed.

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

:greatpost:

Every comment is exactly the same as well.  Picks a topic for the day and posts multiple times about it.

Yesterday's word of the day was embarrassing.  Just about every post.

Can't wait to see how today is going to be derailed.

Missed a lot of that thankfully , embarrassing is not a word you can use in relation to anything to do with the club at the moment unless you are agenda driven imo

mickycameron98

Watching Sportscene and I remembered John Souttar is the main Image for us on the intro. If he goes to Rangers in January I hope they change it!

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Lee McCulloch was sent off at half time.

I didn't notice, thanks.    Was he sent off on the pitch, dugout or indoors? 

I can imagine if it was dissent a whole list of incidents were portrayed maniacally reflecting my own and others feelings of the referees shit performance. 

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Wtf is Smith up to there

Some face on him in this, reminds me of the early nineties, Give us an E Bob

Edited by Factuer Moi

CornhillHearts

Aaron’s Vlog from last night, he even managed to persuade Faither to make an appearance, (hospitality was excellent as ever) enjoy.

1 minute ago, Canscot said:

The boy spits words out like a machine gun spits out bullets!😂

Rapidly!

I spit out more. As you will of seen. I love Cammy, he loves Me back. It is ok , i don't mind sharing. Cammy has so much love for Us, so plenty for you to have.

1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

I spit out more. As you will of seen. I love Cammy, he loves Me back. It is ok , i don't mind sharing. Cammy has so much love for Us, so plenty for you to have.

👀👀👀

54 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

Aaron’s Vlog from last night, he even managed to persuade Faither to make an appearance, (hospitality was excellent as ever) enjoy.

I am subbed to Aarons channel, have followed him over the last 5 years. A very good channel, Aaron studies Media, would be cracking for him to work with Ross Jim and co at Hearts.

Cammys honesty is so refreshing. Not scared to say we are aiming higher than 3rd and want to win the cup. Keep this team together for a few years and we're onto something special. 

Bring on celtic to put a marker down that we're still here. 

9 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Agree mate, I thought he was exceptional. Man of the Match bar one. Always positive and always available. For such a big guy he kind of ghosted about with nobody near him all night, St Johnstone seemed to give him a lot of time and space but I think that's an injustice to Haring who seems to read the game brilliantly and that's what allows him to get into those positions and as I say hes very positive with his distribution. Get him signed up......3 years for him and Barrie please.

6 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Wtf is Smith up to there

Van Morrison, ‘it’s a marvellous night for a moon dance’ going through hi head there😂😂

9 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Completely agree.  Have thought the same thing quite a few times this season.  Under Cathro, Levein, Stendel.. it just wasn't right.  We won't always win, but we shouldn't be outfought or bullied by any team in this league.

CornhillHearts
3 hours ago, Factuer Moi said:

I am subbed to Aarons channel, have followed him over the last 5 years. A very good channel, Aaron studies Media, would be cracking for him to work with Ross Jim and co at Hearts.

Thanks for that, it would indeed. Nothing that he'd like more I can assure you. 

In a role reversal for me from past seasons, we've won a coconut keeping Halkett.  After he went off last night Souttar was beaten in the air a couple of times in the middle of the defence.  Always been uncertain about his power in the air.

2 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

Thanks for that, it would indeed. Nothing that he'd like more I can assure you. 

Are you Faither ?

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

In a role reversal for me from past seasons, we've won a coconut keeping Halkett.  After he went off last night Souttar was beaten in the air a couple of times in the middle of the defence.  Always been uncertain about his power in the air.

Kane bullied him a bit. Halkett would have matched Kane physically.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Agreed but imo that Kane is a better player than the 2 St Johnstone started with. 

Good In the air, puts himself about, a old fashioned number 9.

Halkett is better in the air than Souttar tho. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

a lot of people on here need to continue the undercurrent that Neilson isn’t doing that great a job, is only doing the bare minimum expected, we should have a better manager etc

Pitiful really. 

The ignorance of how we have only really been an effective and functioning team since administration when he has been manager is blissfully ignored.

2 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

I am his Faither yes

A vested interest, Aaron has his head screwed on . Have a lot of time for him on here. Been saying for a few years he is heading to Hearts TV.

Much to be proud of bringing up a fine Jambo.

Did anyone else notice the young kids that ran on the pitch after the final whistle?

came from the gorgie stand …. And they ran over to the players

the stewards didn’t look too happy and appeared to be taking details from their family afterwards 

Jeffros Furios
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Did anyone else notice the young kids that ran on the pitch after the final whistle?

came from the gorgie stand …. And they ran over to the players

the stewards didn’t look too happy and appeared to be taking details from their family afterwards 

Did you record it on your phone ?