*** Hearts v St Johnstone match thread ***

lou

44 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Is it just me or does it seem like months since our last game? 

Almost feels like a new season. Looking forward to going tomorrow night. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Factuer Moi

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• GinRummy

Mr God Awful Ugly
45 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Yes. All season I think. 

Thanks. Was meant to be taking my daughter to hospitality for her xmas pressie but now I'm having to self isolate with covid. At least I'll still be able to watch it on TV

I think this is a game where we need to be careful we don't take a win for granted.

It's been a few weeks since we last played and the break will also have given St Johnstone the opportunity to take stock of their situation and work on a few things. They are a desperate team right now so I expect them to be right up for tomorrow night's game. 

It is up to us to match that attitude and desire. If we do then I am pretty confident we can get the three points. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

9 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Is it just me or does it seem like months since our last game? 

Think it's all of us.  One more sleep for me.

Really looking forward to it and we can expect an all out assault on them.

Supremely confident.

26 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Think it's all of us.  One more sleep for me.

Really looking forward to it and we can expect an all out assault on them.

Supremely confident.

If you think it's going to be an all out assault on them you are in for a reality check.

jambo in iraq

Gordon

Moore

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith

Devlin

Haring

Cochrane

GMS

Boycie 

Woodburn

Subs

Stone

Hendo

Atkinson

McEneff

Ginnelly

Halliday

Gnando

+ Literally anyone left with a pair of boots other than THE RAT. 

2 minutes ago, jambo in iraq said:

Gordon

Moore

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith

Devlin

Haring

Cochrane

GMS

Boycie 

Woodburn

Subs

Stone

Hendo

Atkinson

McEneff

Ginnelly

Halliday

Gnando

Is Stone available? Think he might already be away to Albion Rovers and if he isn't I don't think he can play for 3 clubs in a season so will exclude him. You can have 9 on the bench as well.

22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is Stone available? Think he might already be away to Albion Rovers and if he isn't I don't think he can play for 3 clubs in a season so will exclude him. You can have 9 on the bench as well.

I think we'll see Euan on the bench

26 minutes ago, jambo in iraq said:

Gordon

Moore

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith

Devlin

Haring

Cochrane

GMS

Boycie 

Woodburn

Subs

Stone

Hendo

Atkinson

McEneff

Ginnelly

Halliday

Gnando

According to Robbie Boyce won’t start not fully fit

10 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I think we'll see Euan on the bench

Yep, I know he's been playing at a low level but impressive stats. If he gets on it will be nice to see him in his favoured CF position.

9 hours ago, Mr God Awful Ugly said:

Thanks. Was meant to be taking my daughter to hospitality for her xmas pressie but now I'm having to self isolate with covid. At least I'll still be able to watch it on TV

That's a shame. Get well soon.

And you know that this season's log on procedure is different from last? If you watched the Ross County game, you already know that, of course.

St.J never make it easy, it is a big chance of building a gap in terms of third place, with difficult games coming up quickly following this one. Really looking forward to to return after break and end of restrictions, booing a Hearts player will not be part of my experience, what ever Hearts team is selected they will get my full support as normal.

avhudtheteeshirt

A win is a must, St Johnstone bottom of the league and a win for the JT's would give us a 10 point lead over the Leith unwashed!!!

2 - 0 for the JT's!!!!

1 hour ago, jamborich said:

In the press conference yesterday he said he was back and fit, everyone apart from Beni is ready. 

Interesting that the image Hearts have just posted on social media is the one with the players who have signed new contracts. Subliminal preparation to soften the fans up for Souttar not being involved tonight? 

2 hours ago, jambo in iraq said:

Gordon

Moore

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith

Devlin

Haring

Cochrane

GMS

Boycie 

Woodburn

Subs

Stone

Hendo

Atkinson

McEneff

Ginnelly

Halliday

Gnando

McKay not even on the bench ?

ROBBIE NEILSON PRESS CONFERENCE

https://t.co/jRMPQPaO1R

Here’s my article from Robbie’s presser yesterday, as you can imagine, largely dominated with John Souttar talk… he says there’s no reason not to play him 😬

Few interesting talking points, as I’m sure you’ve heard by now, Euan Henderson has signed a one year extension at the club. 

Beni remains sidelined and Boyce is only fit enough for the bench?! Appears the injuries weren’t as minor as first feared clearly…

Reads appreciated

2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

If you think it's going to be an all out assault on them you are in for a reality check.

am prepared for what we've seen previously.

expectant crowd hoping to see us batter a bottom of the table team 5-0

but we'll see a hard fought game, win 2-0 or 2-1 with most of us forgetting our 4-5 very, very good chances, and mostly controlling the game.....meaning we all trudge home not fully sated but still having won 3 points and firming up 3rd spot.

5 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

am prepared for what we've seen previously.

expectant crowd hoping to see us batter a bottom of the table team 5-0

but we'll see a hard fought game, win 2-0 or 2-1 with most of us forgetting our 4-5 very, very good chances, and mostly controlling the game.....meaning we all trudge home not fully sated but still having won 3 points and firming up 3rd spot.

This 👆

Bazzas right boot

Boycie on the bench. 

Souttar likey playing according to Bob. 

Interesting. 

I'll go 3-1 us. 

24 minutes ago, Jamiemac said:

ROBBIE NEILSON PRESS CONFERENCE

https://t.co/jRMPQPaO1R

Here’s my article from Robbie’s presser yesterday, as you can imagine, largely dominated with John Souttar talk… he says there’s no reason not to play him 😬

Few interesting talking points, as I’m sure you’ve heard by now, Euan Henderson has signed a one year extension at the club. 

Beni remains sidelined and Boyce is only fit enough for the bench?! Appears the injuries weren’t as minor as first feared clearly…

Reads appreciated

Beni still out🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Another he should be fine for weekend and still out two months later 

13 hours ago, Back of the Bus said:

50% of folk require to be vaccine status checked! 

Get in early troops. 

or late and the 50% been done lol 

2 hours ago, jamborich said:

I feel some of our better performances this season have been with a more mobile front three of woodburn, McKay and an other

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

I feel some of our better performances this season have been with a more mobile front three of woodburn, McKay and an other

I really like Boyce but agree. A lot of pace and movement with those involved. 

19 minutes ago, theshed said:

Beni still out🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Another he should be fine for weekend and still out two months later 

Crazy isn’t it 🙄

Boyce starting to annoy me. Need a striker who competes with, not as backup for, Boyce

gordon

moore

halks

kingsley

natty

haring

devlin

cochrane

gino

barrie

Woodburn

Edited by R1874

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley

Atkinson Haring Devlin Cochrane

Gino Henderson McKay

Bench: Stewart, Logan, Haliday, Pollock, GMS, Boyce, Woodburn, McEneff, Moore

Souttar 'set to start' but got a 'sickness bug'.

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

I really like Boyce but agree. A lot of pace and movement with those involved. 

Some games suit Boyce better and you can't argue with his goalscoring record but against some of the cloggers pace and movement can be more effective

Just now, Bunny Munro said:

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley

Gino Henderson McKay

Henderson won't start but I can see him coming off the bench.

AlphonseCapone
16 hours ago, Factuer Moi said:

It may not be for everyone  but for me John will get my support. Was not easy for me to accept it , we need unity a show of support for the side.

If he plays we must give our voice to the players who want to stay. Not easy at all with all the stench behind the deal still clinging to our nostrils.

This is where I'm at now. Wouldn't have been a few days ago but the team is bigger than him. He's just another player that comes and goes and won't really go down in our club's history, not worth upsetting the team over. 

Anyone know what percentage of the crowd was to be COVID checked previously? Managed to walk straight in the main stand last couple of games but the Gorgie Rd entrance has been mobbed! Thinking main stand will be the same tonight? 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Our worst have also been without him. 

Just now, heisenberg86 said:

Anyone know what percentage of the crowd was to be COVID checked previously? Managed to walk straight in the main stand last couple of games but the Gorgie Rd entrance has been mobbed! Thinking main stand will be the same tonight? 

Iirc 20%

20 hours ago, Barack said:

Well that was shite! The "John Souttar" show. Beni injured but thats about it.

Get JS tae feck!

1 hour ago, Skacelsid said:

St.J never make it easy, it is a big chance of building a gap in terms of third place, with difficult games coming up quickly following this one. Really looking forward to to return after break and end of restrictions, booing a Hearts player will not be part of my experience, what ever Hearts team is selected they will get my full support as normal.

100% agree.

Ex member of the SaS

I just hope we don't have a hangover from the lay off. Hope we start off with a bang and get wired into them. Need to get the points on the board and keep as close to Celtic as we can.

30 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley

Gino Henderson McKay

Logan is on loan to Edinburgh City.   You just got us fined and deducted three points 😠 you're sacked ☺ joking. 

Swap for the one who's name we don't speak? 🤣 

On a positive note I'm looking forward to seeing Hendo get some gametime.    I don't rate him highly enough because he's inconsistent but does have pace and scoring goals lately, albeit at a lower level. 

People shitting it against the bottom of the league, get a grip . This should be a thumping , one way traffic towards their goals for both halves 

I get some will insist on booing Souttar tonight if he plays. But as long as they are also prepared to put in the same energy to acknowledge those that did sign.

Halkett, Gordon, Kingsley and Smith deserve proper recognition tonight

3 minutes ago, fila said:

People shitting it against the bottom of the league, get a grip . This should be a thumping , one way traffic towards their goals for both halves 

Team bottom of the league, can’t score away from home for toffee and they come to Tynecastle… I’ve seen this script too many times before. I’ll take a 1-0 

MarkDevriesScores4

For whatever reason, we frequently struggle against st Johnstone but I feel confident that the team will put in a performance tonight and get the 3 points.

hhgh!

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Have they signed anyone?

Never a great game against them, always sit in. Take 1-0 to get the season back up and running.

Did they sign Crawford ex Hamilton ?

10 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Logan is on loan to Edinburgh City.   You just got us fined and deducted three points 😠 you're sacked ☺ joking. 

Swap for the one who's name we don't speak? 🤣 

On a positive note I'm looking forward to seeing Hendo get some gametime.    I don't rate him highly enough because he's inconsistent but does have pace and scoring goals lately, albeit at a lower level. 

Gnando?

7 minutes ago, fila said:

Yeah but we’ve seen that movie a million times and it never goes that way with us.